Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Think I'll buy myself a Twister at lunch or later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Back to basics this week. I think not eating all my points could be working against me. Some days I do eat them, some days I don't. I'm only on the minimum 26 now. I'm sipping away at my bottle of water. I go great for 2 days every week and then it falls by the wayside.

I would definitely say you should eat all your daily points each day (26) also if you are walking/exercising a lot you may not be eating enough so maybe try eat weeklies too if you haven't been already.. if youre feeling meh try mix things up a bit with food or your exercise or both.. good luck with your week ul do great ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

So far so good on the ww rejoin!

Had my weetabix for brekkie and a small homemade smoothie.

Had 2 mini babybel light for my 11am snack and had a homemade salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and roast chicken for lunch, followed by a few chopped strawberries and pineapple.

Weighing in at 6.15 tonight - dreading it doesn't come close to describing how I feel!

I would definitely say you should eat all your daily points each day (26) also if you are walking/exercising a lot you may not be eating enough so maybe try eat weeklies too if you haven't been already.. if youre feeling meh try mix things up a bit with food or your exercise or both.. good luck with your week ul do great ;-)

I am walking a good bit, maybe I could be eating a bit more. I never really use many weeklies, maybe about 15 maximum per week. I found I didn't need to but I'll try eating a little more. Today instead of a hard boiled egg white I had a whole hard boiled egg. I'll try a few more things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd be lost without my weeklies. I wouldn't have a social life if it wasn't for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

So dragged myself to WI today, a day early because I know I'm going to out tonight and lose the run of myself (twisted logic!). I'm down 2lbs! Delighted, but very skeptical since when I was weighed at the gym last night I was only down a 1/2 lb?

I was down 3lbs according to the scales I weighed myself on yeterday morning but when I got to WI I had STS. I'm putting it down to the different scale and the fact it was morning. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Got my first stone this evening!!! Delighted! Also went down from a size 14 to a size 12 during the week, so feeling very positive all round. Have had a few bad weeks though, so it's definitely been tough, but when I see the hard work paying off it's so worth it. Keep it up everyone!! :)

I'm in shock...I was down 5lbs!!! I was up 2.5lbs 2 weeks ago and only lost 1lb last week so I'm thrilled. Got some exercise in for the first time in a while so I'm sure that helped. 13lbs down now and got my 5% too. It's my birthday this weekend so will be out celebrating but still intend to get my stone next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Also, a quick tip for anyone with a craving for some sugar tonight. I just baked some salmon and veggies for my dinner, then decided to wrap a nectarine in tin foil and bake that while I was eating...after 20mins at 100' it's so soft, sweet and juicy! It's amazing!

• Advertisement

So dragged myself to WI today, a day early because I know I'm going to out tonight and lose the run of myself (twisted logic!). I'm down 2lbs! Delighted, but very skeptical since when I was weighed at the gym last night I was only down a 1/2 lb?

They are different scales simple as. If you are going to pay to be weighed in ww try and not use or rely on other scales you will only mess up your own head! ;)

They are different scales simple as. If you are going to pay to be weighed in ww try and not use or rely on other scales you will only mess up your own head! ;)

That's what effed me up this week and why I was so disappointed to STS.

That's what effed me up this week and why I was so disappointed to STS.

Id say it did.. honestly my best piece of advice would be to stay off other scales and get your monies worth every week!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I was up 2lbs. 1lb was totm, which normally sees me up a pound if I'm on day one or two of it. The other was largely icebergers and bottles of Corona. I have to admit, I was completely expecting it and am not beating myself up. I'm going to have them off next week, I promise! I kind of giggled when I got on the scales, I've been flagrantly enjoying myself all week and it showed. But look, the sun in shining and I'm going to try the fruit and diet seven up foxxy suggested a few pages back. I'm thinking of poached peaches with raspberries, and fat free yogurt with a wee bit of vanilla for a very low pp Melba! Will let you know how I get on ;-)

Id say it did.. honestly my best piece of advice would be to stay off other scales and get your monies worth every week!:)

Yeah that's true, I definitely won't be doing it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Ok so the worst is over. Got weighed in last night, up 13 pounds since I was last with ww - gutted but not surprised. Being uber good now - cereal and slimline milk for brekkie and a banana for my break - fruit salad and yogurt for lunch - keeping my points cause going out for dinner tonight. Had a peep at the menu and there is a roast chicken dish which is the healthiest thing on the menu so will have that!

Going hiking on Saturday, taking homemade ww friendly picnic with me so il stay on track!

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Does anyone have ideas for some nice lunches to bring to work? At the moment I bring a hard boiled egg and salad and make a sandwich from it. Im bored of it completely and don't really enjoy it any more but cant think of alternative. I don't eat cheese or tuna or red meat and theres no microwave in the office . Am I totally limited in my choices or has anyone any suggestions?

I bring the same salad most days too.

Cold noodle salads are lovely, maybe you could try that? :)

66dunaras wrote: »
    Does anyone have ideas for some nice lunches to bring to work? At the moment I bring a hard boiled egg and salad and make a sandwich from it. Im bored of it completely and don't really enjoy it any more but cant think of alternative. I don't eat cheese or tuna or red meat and theres no microwave in the office . Am I totally limited in my choices or has anyone any suggestions?

Most days I have a wrap for lunch. I cook a chicken breast the night before in the oven, with some spices and seasoning on it and then at lunch I slice it onto a wrap with peppers, spinach, relish, or whatever else I fancy that day. I have a lot of points per day though (36) and that wrap is a total of 11pp (I use the large Aldi wraps, which are 5pp each) so if you're on a lower amount of points it obviously wouldn't suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

I bring the same salad most days too.

Cold noodle salads are lovely, maybe you could try that? :)

Yum never thought of that - what do you put into it? What is it like pp wise?
    Most days I have a wrap for lunch. I cook a chicken breast the night before in the oven, with some spices and seasoning on it and then at lunch I slice it onto a wrap with peppers, spinach, relish, or whatever else I fancy that day. I have a lot of points per day though (36) and that wrap is a total of 11pp (I use the large Aldi wraps, which are 5pp each) so if you're on a lower amount of points it obviously wouldn't suit you.

That's a great idea actually. They sell the WW wraps in Dunnes and they are 3pp, so I could have one of them , half a chicken breast (2-3pp) (not huge into meat) and bulk it up with salad and tiny bit off light mayo (1pp). that would only be 7 which isn't too bad at all :)

Thanks guys for ur suggestions and if any one has any more id love to hear them!

• Advertisement

Never actually made one myself but I got a really nice one in Tesco that somehow only worked out at 5PP. It was just some salad leaves, peppers, the noodles, some chicken and a sweet chilli type dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Have been craving pancakes for the last day or 2 so found this recipe on the ww site:

125g plain flour
    1/4 pint skimmed milk
    1 egg whole
    calorie controlled spray

The recipe is for 12 pancakes, I got 10 mini ones from it and had loads of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with them, they were yummy!!!

12PP for the recipe.

Didn't eat the 10 of them but was tempted!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Down 1lb which means only 2 to go to get to goal. BUT like Tiny Penguin, I have loads on over the next two weeks, i's going to be such a challenge to even STS. I will do my best and go for healthy options when I can and keep the alcohol down!! Whatever happens, I'm not giving up, just got clothes altered!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Have to say, I get so much inspiration from reading the posts, especially when I haven't had a chance to log in for a day or two and there's loads of reading and different ideas to be had. I have managed to stay away from my scales this week since my weigh in on Monday night so I'm proud of myself for that. The warm weather is making it easy not to be hungry t.g. And drinking loads of water!!! I'm hoping for a good result next monday night as I have my son's wedding on 20th and want to look good. Keep posting everyone, I truly appreciate it and love the online support that I've found here, have a great weekend all and good luck with the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

66dunaras wrote: »
    Yum never thought of that - what do you put into it? What is it like pp wise?

For the noodles...cook your noodles and in a seperate pan heat up about 4 tbsp sesame oil (on a lower heat, not sure re PPs) and then add garlic and ginger. Then stir in soy sauce. Pour over the cooked noodles and allow to cool!
    I chop up peppers, grate carrot, you could add some cooked chicken too. Bean sprouts and spinach also a good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

1tsp sesame oil is 1pp, so 4tbsp is about 12pp.

What I like to do with stir fries is to fry in zero pp spray, and then add the oil (a dessert spoon for 2pp) at the end - you get the lovely sesame flavour with less pp. I sometimes make a 'sauce' of scallions (a handful), grated fresh ginger (an inch grated), fresh coriander (a handful), rice wine vinegar (about two spoons), soy sauce (about two spoons), lime juice (half squeezed, but I like more), chilli flakes (a pinch), honey (2 tsp) and sesame oil (2 tsp). The whole lot is just 4pp. I make it with wholewheat soba noodles for a filling and healthy version.

What is lovely also is a spoon of peanut butter mixed in, but that can seriously jack up the pp...

I never thought of having cold noodle salads though - that would be lovely in this weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I've read of people using the soy sauce as a kind of oil before. Dunno how well it would work.

OMG! Did an 8km at lunchtime and it nearly killed me! It is so so hot! But now Im done and can relax and enjoy my weekend in Bundoran surfing! So excited. Only thing is I just looked on My Value Diary for the activity pp for surfing. It says low intensity so for my weight, I earn a measly 3 ap for one hour! I would have thought surfing would be a moderate, if not high, intensity exercise. Anyway I am going with all the football girls so I wouldn't be surprised if a few wanted to go for a run at some stage as some are super fit and into exercise.

Oh the sun is so good and I am all dressed up in a summery dress and wedges which makes work feel less worklike. Oh and look its almost 4pm. Roll on 5.15 and I am OUTTA here!

Have a fantastic weekend all!

Well iv been having a really good week since weigh in worked out every day then tonight boom.. had some snacks all ww snacks to be fair then two bottles cider.. eh half bag bloody jellys, some marshmallows and fruit toast!? Im clearly not hungry like wtf ?!?!?! I have a dinner party tomorrow nite which would be a struggle in itself but now looks like my weekly points are taking a beaten not good at all!

It's impossible to do any exercise in this heat.. I'm waiting til after 8pm like I did last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

It's impossible to do any exercise in this heat.. I'm waiting til after 8pm like I did last night.

Not on WW but read this forum a good bit. Re: exercise, it's not impossible in this heat, I did Jillian Michaels 30DS and 6 weeks abs over the last few days, did them both in the afternoon. Wednesday was the hottest so that was tough, today's workout was tougher, I was sweating all over. I normally wear sports bra, t shirt/vest, and knee length leggings for workouts, but this week I'm wearing just the sports bra and short shorts, or today I had a light crop top over the bra and then with the shorts. If doing workout inside open windows, doors, turn on a fan if you have one, keep ice water nearby and dose yourself with water if you need to keep cool :)

If doing it outside once you have suncream, water and sunglasses and don't overdo it you'll be grand. Sometimes it's very satisfying to do intense exercise in the heat, just look at Bikram yoga!

Advertisement