Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thinking of not going but I know I'll kick myself for not going tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

GO GO GO! It will refocus you and set you up for the week ahead! If you don't go it will end up being two bad weeks instead of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I completely agree with ShindyB! Go to the weigh in, you may be pleasently surprised :)
    9 times out of 10, it usually isn't as bad as you think it's going to be!

Yeah I'm going to go. I'll regret it if I don't go. Even if I am up I can deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Had a really bad week, didnt track one day! I normally track every single day without fail. Chris' brother and wife came over with the kids and stayed Thursday before they flew out on holiday. We brought the kids to the cinema, so hard to get nothing when it's 40% off.

Then we all got a takeaway! Just nightmare week! Went to weigh in even though I really really didnt want to! Was down 1lb! I have no idea at all how that happened!

Will be another bad week this week! It's my birthday Sunday. We are going to Tipp to see Chris' family Friday and going for dinner. My family are coming over for a Chinese Saturday and drinks. Then Sunday the day of my birthday we are going to FX-Buckeys, never been before! Looks nice though! Oh and Chris ordered my a birthday cake!! :-D :-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Enjoy your birthday jwaqui :D and congrats on the lb! I just finished the last of my DOZEN cupcakes my mam got me for my birthday :o I couldn't resist...although I did half it with my housemate. I didn't eat all 12 of them though!! It will be a miracle if I'm not up tomorrow but I'll be expecting it and don't really mind too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

loving the cherries that are in season at the moment, any body got any good recipe ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Enjoy your birthday guys prob one week of the year we can all expect not to be brilliant enjoy your cakes too yummy cake ;)

Off to work day 2 of my week! If any of you have any meal ideas for living in a camper van for a week please share i need all the help I can get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

thanks everyone for the honest posting over the past few days. I've been hiding as I didn't want to say how disappointed I was on monday night because I only had 1 lb down. And when I read from someone that has posted on here that they have a pound down I'm delighted for them so why can't I be the same for myself?
    My moment of inspiration~we are all on this journey together, we will have bad days, we will beat ourselves up, we will go off plan, we will have successes, we will need one another. Once again, I'm so glad to have found this group, it keeps me inspired and to know someone else is going through the emotions and hiccups I'm having helps make the journey that bit easier. Hugs everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

thanks everyone for the honest posting over the past few days. I've been hiding as I didn't want to say how disappointed I was on monday night because I only had 1 lb down. And when I read from someone that has posted on here that they have a pound down I'm delighted for them so why can't I be the same for myself?
    My moment of inspiration~we are all on this journey together, we will have bad days, we will beat ourselves up, we will go off plan, we will have successes, we will need one another. Once again, I'm so glad to have found this group, it keeps me inspired and to know someone else is going through the emotions and hiccups I'm having helps make the journey that bit easier. Hugs everyone

One Lb down is STILL 1
    Lb in the right direction. Never be disappointed with a loss girl :)

• Advertisement

Good morning guys. Hope you're all well. 2lbs down for me last night, I am so delighted and surprised! I was sure I'd be up because I just had a really strange week. I didn't feel like myself and I didn't feel like I was eating right or exercising enough. I did drink more water than normally because of the heat which must have helped.

Best of luck to all still to weigh in! Let's all have a great week this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

thanks everyone for the honest posting over the past few days. I've been hiding as I didn't want to say how disappointed I was on Monday night because I only had 1 lb down. And when I read from someone that has posted on here that they have a pound down I'm delighted for them so why can't I be the same for myself?

I have to admit I'm totally like that - I think its because its my nature to be quite hard on myself, I always think I should do better, try harder etc. The problem is that I then comfort eat and feel worse about myself, put on a lb and start wishing for that 1lb loss lol - talk about a vicious circle.

Good morning guys. Hope you're all well. 2lbs down for me last night, I am so delighted and surprised! I was sure I'd be up because I just had a really strange week. I didn't feel like myself and I didn't feel like I was eating right or exercising enough. I did drink more water than normally because of the heat which must have helped.

Best of luck to all still to weigh in! Let's all have a great week this week! :D

Great news well done :-)

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    I have to admit I'm totally like that - I think its because its my nature to be quite hard on myself, I always think I should do better, try harder etc. The problem is that I then comfort eat and feel worse about myself, put on a lb and start wishing for that 1lb loss lol - talk about a vicious circle.

I'm the exact same as that actually, that's what was wrong with me last week. I always think I should be doing better but I'm changing my viewpoint. I was happy with a STS the week before because it wasn't a gain! :)
    LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Great news well done :-)

Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well I finally got off my arse and took the plunge last night and went for my WI – hadn’t been since 25th June and to be honest I hadn’t tracked since then either. Eating and drinking all around me and very little exercise! So to my surprise I was only up by 2lb – which I was happy with as I was 4 up on my home scales. I also stayed for the meeting which also gave me the encouragement to get through the week.

Fingers crossed I will get through the weekend. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Safe to say totm has kicked in and iv eaten biscuits and chocolate today mehh!! Holiday mode kicking in early! New day tomorrow and kettlebells in the morning! Drawing a line :)

I sometimes find it hard to eat all my Daily PPs as I've posted before. Anyone any ideas as to how I could bulk my meals up.

Breakfast today was 2 wheatabix with 100ml skimmed milk = 4PP in total

Lunch will be:
    Hard boiled egg - 2PP
    2 slices of ham - 1PP
    40g reduced fat coleslaw - 2PP
    Crackers - 1PP
    Lettuce, tomato etc. - 0PP

Dinner will be:
    150g potatoes - 3PP
    Cabbage - 0PP
    Pork chop - anyone know PPs? Was thinking 7 but I'm not sure.
    Instant gravy - 1PP

That's about 20-21PP, I still have 5 left..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Well done on the loss, im like that most weeks dread the WI cos i think im up but am always surprised when i lose!
    I sometimes find it hard to eat all my Daily PPs as I've posted before. Anyone any ideas as to how I could bulk my meals up.

Lunch will be:
    Hard boiled egg - 2PP
    2 slices of ham - 1PP
    Crackers - 1PP

Dinner will be:
    150g potatoes - 3PP
    Cabbage - 0PP
    Instant gravy - 1PP

Maybe have semi skimmed or whole milk in the morning to bulk up your food, its better for you to be honest and it tastes so much better. Or you could try have a wrap or a Spiegel with your lunch. Maybe go for a large egg for the extra 1pp.

Im the opposite im over my 26pp allowance each day and by the end of the weekend ive used all my weeklies, im having a loss of about a 1lb a week which im very happy with :D

Lunch will be:
    Hard boiled egg - 2PP
    2 slices of ham - 1PP
    Crackers - 1PP

Dinner will be:
    150g potatoes - 3PP
    Cabbage - 0PP
    Instant gravy - 1PP

There's loads of ways. Have a small chicken breast instead of sliced ham for lunch, have bread/wrap instead of crackers, eat some nuts during the day, have seeds in your Weetabix, use full-fat instead of semi-skimmed milk, use oil for cooking. It's really easy to increase your points without drastically changing what you're eating.

Lunch will be:
    Hard boiled egg - 2PP
    2 slices of ham - 1PP
    Crackers - 1PP

Dinner will be:
    150g potatoes - 3PP
    Cabbage - 0PP
    Instant gravy - 1PP

You could have a nice skinny latte (if you like coffee 3pp, our leader made us breakfast muffins on Monday - so yummy 5pp. I had one of them and a latte for my breakfast on tuesday 8pp (wouldnt be everyday but a lovely treat).
    Tuna / Chicken instead of ham for lunch, maybe add some petite pois or sweetcorn for dinner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Down half a pound, which I'm delighted with! I got Irish research council funding for my phd in Monday-only 250 out of 1600 applications were funded this year. Needless to say I've done a fair bit of celebrating since, (lots of cava) so I'm very happy with a half lb!!

I think the ideas for bulking up dailies sound great-incorporating nuts and seeds is particularly good as they are so amazing for you, delicious but high in pp. I remember someone here (monife maybe?) who talked about 'crashing' their metabolism because of going under their propoints-they got to a stage when they couldn't lose weight anymore because they were in starvation mode. I think eventually they had to increase their daily calories, put on some weight (to reset their metabolism) and start again. So I think eating all your points really does make the difference in the long term!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'll do some shopping for myself this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well done on the losses everyone :)

A loss is a loss, keeps the momentum going :) Every lb lost is one lb closer to goal. Finally getting back into the zone again, slowly, but still getting there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I remember someone here (monife maybe?) who talked about 'crashing' their metabolism because of going under their propoints-they got to a stage when they couldn't lose weight anymore because they were in starvation mode.

Starvation mode is a big, fat myth!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Oh my GOD did you just call me big and fat? (Giggle, joking)

I'm just saying what someone said a few pages back. I'm not a registered dietician, but I am a healthcare professional. Starvation myth or not, dangerously reducing your calorie intake is not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Well this week I was just so unmotivated and it was the first week I REALLY considered skipping my WI...but I went, and I'm down 1.5lbs! I was really surprised, but it gave me such a good boost, and I'm ready to keep going now. I'm almost halfway there :)

I missed my class tonight :( got caught in crazy traffic and got home an HOUR later than usual. I checked for classes tomorrow but there are none that suit me. I was probably up this week but still wanted to know for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Starvation myth or not, dangerously reducing your calorie intake is not healthy.

Of course it's not.

But the kind of calories reduction that would cause the metabolism to greatly slow down would be a less than 1000 calories diet, and even then it wouldn't slow down to enough to offset the calorie intake.

So, on a normal healthy eating plan, there is no way you're going to experience plateau by reducing your calories by a healthy amount, which is what most would be doing here.

It's just a phrase that has been popularised somehow, and needs to be knocked on the head really, as it's just pseudo-science.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

anyone tried the 5:2 approach while doing ww?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Down 2lbs last night - woop! :D

Advertisement