Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Down 1/2 a pound last night - 2lbs to goal & the hardest 2lbs yet. Major plateau at the moment - anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

........i ate a whole punnet driving home!! lovely! cherries that is,someone posted about them earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Up 2 lb, not surprised or overly disappointed!! It was enjoyable doing it!! Another busy weekend away! Good because I'm really looking forward to it, bad 'cos it's hard to be disciplined!! Being so close (and so far away) from goal is really teaching me the importance of balance!! I know I can get there and am determined to do it, if it takes a week or two longer than I would like - tough!! Onwards and downwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

misschoo wrote: »
    Down 1/2 a pound last night - 2lbs to goal & the hardest 2lbs yet. Major plateau at the moment - anyone any tips?

I'm in the same boat as you-I will gladly take any tips as well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Down an lb! My journey is still slow but plodding along. I seriously need to rein in my snacking (she says for the 200th time). I am still happy as I am seeing numbers on the scales that I havent seen in years and I was surfing at the weekend with lots of drinking so I am enjoying myself too.

I dont have any going out plans for the weekend but I am going to the cinema tonight in Dundrum. I am going to pop into Tesco and get some low pp treats and diet coke or sparkling water. Is that illegal? ;)

• Advertisement

CavanGal wrote: »
    I dont have any going out plans for the weekend but I am going to the cinema tonight in Dundrum. I am going to pop into Tesco and get some low pp treats and diet coke or sparkling water. Is that illegal? ;)

Wasn't there a 'lower calorie cinema snack' campaign by WW recently? Cinema stuff is SHOCKINGLY high and they don't provide alternatives... I think sneak your treats into your handbag and feck them - it's expensive enough! (I like Skips for the cinema, with diet coke)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Wasn't there a 'lower calorie cinema snack' campaign by WW recently? Cinema stuff is SHOCKINGLY high and they don't provide alternatives... I think sneak your treats into your handbag and feck them - it's expensive enough! (I like Skips for the cinema, with diet coke)

You don't need to sneak stuff into the cinema. Just as long as it's not sold in the cinema you can bring whatever kind of sweets or nuts you like.

Ah, I see, that makes sense, thanks. Feel at bit eejity sneaking stuff in under my coat all these years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

You don't need to sneak stuff into the cinema. Just as long as it's not sold in the cinema you can bring whatever kind of sweets or nuts you like.

Well the local cinema down home used to prevent people bringing in stuff. But that's Cavan though :P I read here before that someone said that she had dietary needs that the cinema did not cater to. She was dead right. Just coz our needs are not medical like diabetes or coeliac, doesn't mean they are not equally important. I love Malteasers and will buy one of those big bags and hoover up half of it during the trailers alone! I think I will get a normal sized bag of malteasers and/or some chewy or sucky sweets. Any low pp suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

CavanGal wrote: »
    Well the local cinema down home used to prevent people bringing in stuff. But that's Cavan though :P I read here before that someone said that she had dietary needs that the cinema did not cater to. She was dead right. Just coz our needs are not medical like diabetes or coeliac, doesn't mean they are not equally important. I love Malteasers and will buy one of those big bags and hoover up half of it during the trailers alone! I think I will get a normal sized bag of malteasers and/or some chewy or sucky sweets. Any low pp suggestions?

Guess I should have said I can only speak for UCI in Dublin and Movies@ in Dublin. Worked both of these and there was no issue with customers bringing in there own stuff provided it wasn't sold at the confectionery stand.

• Advertisement

I know that there is a blog post on Niptuck with cinema treats propointed (and some debate re popcorn points in the comments). I won't link due to blog rule, but I found it very easily via a google search!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I arrived back from my holiday this morning and after 3 weeks of drinking every night, fast food at 6am, copious amounts of ice-cream and eating what I liked, I felt like I had put on a stone. I honestly thought my scales were going to say 15st but to my delight they said 14st 0.5lbs :D That means I lost the 3lbs that I gained at my last weigh in before my holiday. That is just on my scale so will have to wait until next Thursday to see the official result. It has spurred me on to be good though. I had planned on taking the weekend off Weight Watchers and enjoying the sun but I am going to hit the planner tonight and do a shop in the morning. Although it is hard to eat proper foods in this weather. I struggled to eat dinner this evening.

While I had an amazing time on holiday, it really was a wake up call as to how much weight I have put on and that I really need to get serious about losing it. There are going to be a lot of changes happening in my life over the coming weeks and the weight loss is going to be one of them. While I hadn't been posting, I was reading while away and there were some great losses on here so well done to everyone. Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the sun sensibly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I arrived back from my holiday on Saturday night after 2 weeks in France, weighed myself this morning and am up 4 lbs!!
    Am a bit disgusted... I did a fair bit of exercise on holiday, we cycled everywhere, didn't do the dog on food, and ok had a couple of galsses of vino most evenings, but still I thought 2 lbs max.
    the sickening thing is that my husband, who ate, drank and exercised the same as me didn't put on any weight at all, I think that's the bit that really sickens me...

anyhoo, back to WW today, need to do a shop tonight to get the supplies in, or I may just fall off the wagon!:(

Depressed to be back at work too!
    I want an all year holiday please, must remember to do the lotto on wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

Ok WI tonight and I just devoured a pack of skips and 2 after 8's - oops. Any idea of the pp in the After 8's. I swear if I was let loose in a shop tonight it'd be chocolate all the way!!! Im always like this at my TOTM!!!!

I'm not sure it's gospel, but I always counted after 8s at 1pp and 3pp for 2 to be safe. I love them and I could eat 40 in a go, so I tend not to go near them unless it's one at the end of a meal in a restaurant where my supply is limited!

Skips are very low (like 2pp or something) and very lovely. They have replaced Snacks in my affections as savoury snack of the moment!

I just found a recipe for 'broccamole' online - a version of guacamole with broccolli instead of most of the avocado (or you can use philly light or goats cheese). I LOVE avocados and LOVE home made guac, but the points are quite high (doesn't always stop me indulging), so I'm very excited about trying a low pp alternative. The only worry is that the broccolli needs to be quite soft and I'm worried that if I boil it, I'll boil all the nutrients off. Does steaming really preserve nutrients more (even beyond al dente as the recipe suggests)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Avocados are full of good fats and fibre, I would just eat a fair sized serving of that rather than try and leave it out, it's so good for you. Steaming is better as far as I know but not sure about if the broccoli has to be boiled to mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Avocados are full of good fats and fibre, I would just eat a fair sized serving of that rather than try and leave it out, it's so good for you.

Yeah, this is what is terrible about WW, people fretting about eating nourishing foods because of the points content. :-/

Eat those avocados, chicken skins, full fat cheese, real butter and cooking oils with relish, people! Just eat smaller amounts of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Yeah, this is what is terrible about WW, people fretting about eating nourishing foods because of the points content. :-/

Eat those avocados, chicken skins, full fat cheese, real butter and cooking oils with relish, people! Just eat smaller amounts of them.

As opposed to people fretting about eating nourishing foods because of the calorie content. Broccoli is very nourishing and healthy. I also think the key here is alternative NOT replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well for all of my happiness after being down 2lbs last week I've most certainly put it back on and thensome! Anyways, feck it, back on track now and doing serious damage limitation! Weigh in on Wed night and even though I'll be up for sure (TOTM and hell of a weekend) I'm gonna go and take the slap on the wrists that I deserve!

Hope you all are getting on ok!

Dee01 wrote: »
    As opposed to people fretting about eating nourishing foods because of the calorie content. Broccoli is very nourishing and healthy. I also think the key here is alternative NOT replacement.

I never said broccoli wasn't nutritious. But avocado is the key ingredient in the recipe, why bother replacing it with something that is NOTHING like it? Especially as avocado is so good for you to boot. It's a shame. Guacamole is fantastic and that's nearly all down to the avocado.

I don't need the "Different folks" spiel, don't be so defensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Guys, chill out. We're meant to be helping each other here, not arguing.

No argument from me, and I don't how it went that way, TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Yeah in fairness what April said was constructive and a very valid point. If the bit of debate about it needed mod intervention I'm sure we'd see it. I don't think it warrants being told to chill out PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No argument from me, and I don't how it went that way, TBH.

Coming into the WW thread saying that Weight Watchers is "terrible", criticising someone's musings over a different way to make a food they enjoy, and then accusing people of being defensive is a little argumentative tbf.

Coming into the WW thread saying that Weight Watchers is "terrible", criticising someone's musings over a different way to make a food they enjoy, and then accusing people of being defensive is a little argumentative tbf.

The first point I was made was that avocado is a healthy food, and its calorie content shouldn't matter and, yeah, I do question a programme that discourages the eating of nutritious foods that are integral to a particular recipe because of calories that could probably be very easily factored into a day's healthy eating. There is something not quite right about that, IMO. I think my post was positive, and there was a defensiveness in the response.

This is a nutrition forum.

Anyway, I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The first point I was made was that avocado is a healthy food, and its calorie content shouldn't matter and, yeah, I do question a programme that discourages the eating of nutritious foods that are integral to a particular recipe because of calories that could probably be very easily factored into a day's healthy eating.

There is something not quite right about that, IMO.

Anyway, I'm out.

Well you're misinformed actually. The old WW plan used to be like that, however the ProPoints plan, while it still does have some flaws, encourages "good" foods a lot more. You're picking out one post in this thread that you disagree with, however you will see that the majority of the people posting in this thread are well aware of nutrition, people are constantly encouraging others to eat good fats, calories don't even come into the new plan.

I don't see how trying to make a low-fat dip is such an issue, because that's basically what this is about. Yes avocado contains good fats, but if someone likes to eat a lot of guacamole, then trying to alternate it with a lower fat recipe (that still contains ingredients) is not a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

well I went to weigh in last night after a weeks hol. of drinking every night. I did try to choose the right foods and did walk alot more than normal. I was only up 1/2 pound so Im happy with that. Have a hen in 2 weeks so gonna be super good till then. only have 7 pounds til goal so want to have reached that by my friends wedding on August 23rd. bringing my dress for the wedding to get altered today though so hopefully if i do get to goal it will still look ok. I dont think 7 pounds would make a huge diff to how it fits. and least it will keep me focused to not put on any weight and keep me on track over the hen weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So have been off the band wagon for about 4 months now and in that time I've actually rejoined twice and not gone back after having a bad first week. However I put on a pair of trousers the other day and they didnt fir me at all.. They were big on me last time I was in WW! think this is the kick in the butt I need! Starting back today myself. Im gonna try have a good week by myself and then weigh in next week in class. Really need motivation to focus and stay on track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!!! 2lbs down this week!!! I got my 3rd stone!!! I'm 9st something for the first time in about ten years! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!!! 2lbs down this week!!! I got my 3rd stone!!! I'm 9st something for the first time in about ten years! :D:D:D

Well Done, That's brilliant!!!:D

Advertisement