Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hoping for 1lb next week so I can stay under the 10 stone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I was down 2lbs at weigh in this morning. Can't believe it as I'm only back from holidays and I have my TOTM. I decided to weigh in today as I have a very busy day ahead of me tomorrow.

It was an interesting meeting as the topic was holidays. The leader said that you can decide before you go if you want to lose, maintain or gain weight while on holidays. Before my holidays I had said I didn't want to gain weight. When I got there my friends kept telling me to enjoy myself so I gave in. Definitely the walking was my saving grace. So my advice to anyone going away is to enjoy yourself, don't get too caught up on food. Allow yourself the ice-cream as a treat and the glass of wine. Maybe have one good meal and one treat meal a day. Most importantly walk everywhere. It is normal to gain weight after a holiday. Everyone does, the important thing is to go back to your meeting straight away and get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Broccamole = delicious :-D.

Well done on the great losses this week xx

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Broccamole = delicious :-D.

Would you mind sharing the recipe:D

Pilates or yoga...does anyone have a preference? Which is better for aiding weight loss and toning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Pilates or yoga...does anyone have a preference? Which is better for aiding weight loss and toning?

Personaly I think pilates is better for weight loss and toning. You feel it so much more than yoga in al your muscles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

So I missed my class last week so in the two weeks since I last went, I STS. I'm pretty relieved tbh. I had my birthday the first weekend (drinking Thurs, Fri and Sat) then a hen last weekend (drinking all day Sat, then again on Sunday night). I ate pretty well but knew the alcohol would counter all that! Anyway I'll have a lb gone next week to get to my stone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Guys I'm so happy! After four weeks of plateauing I dropped 3 lbs at my weigh in tonight & REACHED MY GOAL!!!! Well I'm actually 1lb under my goal weight! So delighted with myself! So starting maintenance tonight for the next 3wks.
    Anyone any tips for maintenance?

Congratulations! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I was doing so well today. Did week 2 day 2 of Couch to 5 k. Then we had nothing in for dinner and I wanted a chicken curry. DH got me one from M&S. It was gorgeous but 12 points for the curry and 11 for the rice. Then he plonked a glass of wine in front of me. I gave in and had 3! OMG! FFS

• Advertisement

Use your weeklies and draw a line under today, start afresh tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

So I still haven't gotten myself back on track :( Wasn't really tracking properly the past week, but still going to go to WI tonight. I don't feel too bad, so if I have a small gain I won't be too disappointed. Finally started the C25K last night & it wasn't too bad...although that was only the first day!! Know I need to incorporate exercise in to start getting me back on track. May need a miracle tonight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DollyDumDrops

Hi all, today's my first day starting back with weight watchers, I first joined end of 2011 and lost just under two stone. I have another 12 pounds to lose before I get to goal, I gave up last September as I hadn't seen a loss in about three months. I haven't put on any weight since then so that's good but just can't seem to get past my current weight at all so very frustrated!! any advice would be greatly appreciated, need some serious motivation!!

was also looking for some help pro pointing this recipe, in particular the mince, I don't have any of my books with me today unfortunately!

Thai Style Turkey Burgers - serves 4

400g turkey mince - ???
    4 spring onions, finely chopped - 0 propoints
    1 tsp grated root ginger - 0 Propoints
    1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped - 0 propoints
    1 egg yolk - 2 propoints?
    1 tbsp sunflower oil

Thanks!! :)

Hi all, today's my first day starting back with weight watchers, I first joined end of 2011 and lost just under two stone. I have another 12 pounds to lose before I get to goal, I gave up last September as I hadn't seen a loss in about three months. I haven't put on any weight since then so that's good but just can't seem to get past my current weight at all so very frustrated!! any advice would be greatly appreciated, need some serious motivation!!

was also looking for some help pro pointing this recipe, in particular the mince, I don't have any of my books with me today unfortunately!

Thai Style Turkey Burgers - serves 4

400g turkey mince - ???
    4 spring onions, finely chopped - 0 propoints
    1 tsp grated root ginger - 0 Propoints
    1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped - 0 propoints
    1 egg yolk - 2 propoints?
    1 tbsp sunflower oil

Thanks!! :)

Hey, there's a Pro Points calculator on the Weight Watchers Ireland homepage. If you're ever without your book, the best thing to do is google the food you're looking for and you're bound to find the nutritional info :) Tesco have the NI for all their products on their website, so that's usually the first one I go to. MyFitnessPal also has it all. So Tesco turkey mince shows up at 3PP per 100g, or 13pp for 400g. I'd also check your own packaging if it's a different brand, as there can be variations, although for something like fresh meat, there shouldn't be that much of a difference between brands.

Welcome back to WW btw and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DollyDumDrops

great thanks for that! :) Got the Mince in Dunnes and just checked out my fitness pal and it has it on there so thanks for the tip! looks like that is working out at a low pp recipe too so happy days!

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well done on the fantastic losses everyone! I missed weigh in last night - got stuck in a meeting at work. Have a wedding tomorrow - being very good all week. Brought lunch in to work and lots of veggies and salad. Not worried about the wedding - will make good choice with the food and I'm so broke that my budget will keep my alcohol intake quite limited! Going to see Bruce in Kilkenny on Sunday but I'm driving so again no alcohol and plan on bringing low fat snacks and lunch with me - full steam ahead peeps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Just joined WW again for the umpteenth time. This may have been covered before so apologies, but is the new propoints better than the old points programme. There seems to be an awful lot of food allowed. Can't imagine myself losing on it tbh.

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Just joined WW again for the umpteenth time. This may have been covered before so apologies, but is the new propoints better than the old points programme. There seems to be an awful lot of food allowed. Can't imagine myself losing on it tbh.

It's far far better. The old system calculated points based on calories and saturated fats, which was a very poor system, as it made calories and saturated fats seem EVIL which they aren't necessarily. The new system is far more focused on nutrition and encourages eating better food. It calculates your points based on carbs, protein, fat and fibre.

The new system is a lot more flexible too. I found the old system very restrictive, if you wanted a night out at the weekend you had to carry forward points every day, and even so you still wouldn't have many to play around with. With the new system you have your 49 weekly propoints that you can choose to use if you wish on extras like a few drinks or a meal out, or even if you're just having a day where you're particularly hungry. I find that it keeps me on track much more, whereas before I'd just go mad and then fall off the wagon! (Although from my posts in here over the past couple of weeks I've done the same :D but back on track now!)

It might seem that it doesn't make sense that you have more points to play around with now, but you are encouraged to make good choices. I have a lot of points per day (36) and between my 3 main meals I often struggle to use them up, but there are easy ways to bulk them up healthily, such as cooking with a tablespoon of oil instead of the 1-cal spray, or eating a handful of nuts instead of fruit as a snack. This thread is really encouraging and helpful so you'll get loads of great tips from it. The best thing I can say to you is try new plan out with an open mind, you'll probably be surprised :) Best of luck!

thanks, but just wondering if the weight loss results are as good

Welcome Lorna and best of luck :)

I find the new system a lot better as it's based on all the nutritional values as opposed to just calories and saturated fats. I also love the fact that most fruits and vegetables are 0PP. You have a lot more freedom with the ProPoints system IMO. You definitely can lose weight with it. I re-joined in January and I've lost 3 stone. :)

• Advertisement

thanks, but just wondering if the weight loss results are as good

If you read this thread you will see that there are loads of success stories. Lots of people have blogs linked in their sigs too that you can read. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is slowly and steadily, so an average of 1.5-2lbs per week is perfect. I started back 10 weeks ago and have lost 13lbs. It mightn't seem like a huge amount to some people but I'm delighted with it. I see a lot of people coming to my class and are disappointed when they lose less than 3 or 4lbs but that's just not really sustainable. In the first week or two it's normal to have a high weight loss but if you follow the plan properly after that then 1.5-2lbs a week on average is loads.

I lost 2 lbs. for my first week but I would normally lose about 4/5 lbs. on the first week of a diet. So I can't see how I will lose anything next week as the weight loss slows down so much after the first week. Hope I am wrong.

I lost 2 lbs. for my first week but I would normally lose about 4/5 lbs. on the first week of a diet. So I can't see how I will lose anything next week as the weight loss slows down so much after the first week. Hope I am wrong.

2lbs is perfect for your first week, you should be happy with that, well done! You're being a bit negative :) And it doesn't necessarily slow down after the first week. There are dozens of success stories in this thread that verify that the programme works, so as long as you stick to it honestly then you should continue to have a steady weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Personally from my own experience I think slow and steady wins the race. A loss is a loss at the end of the day:)

I lost 2lbs on my first week as well and I did feel the same as you. I joined WW twice and lost 4-5lbs the first week. It doesn't necessarily slow down like ibarelycare said. In the last 6 months 2lbs is what I've lost a lot of weeks. I've changed my mindset. I used to be disappointed with losing a half lb but now I look at it as a step in the right direction :)

I have to agree with what the others are saying, the slower the better. You say you are joining for the umpteenth time, do you mind me asking how you did on the old programme? If you are joining again it would suggest that the old programme didn't work. What is good about propoints is that it is not a diet but rather a lifestyle change. If you see this as a diet and solely as a way to lose weight, then you will fail. By starting off with a negative view on it means you aren't going to embrace the programme like you should.

When I started propoints for the first time, I had a similar attitude to you but I realised it wasn't the programme that was failing, it was me. I wasn't sticking to the plan and following it 100%. My advice to you is to get the old programme out of your mind and don't be comparing. Start propoints with the view that you are going to lose weight by eating healthy and exercising. There are the 49 weeklies which for some people, they can eat them all and still lose weight. Others can't use any of them while others just use a few. Start by using them all and see how your weight loss goes and if you feel it is too slow, then don't use the 49, just use your daily points. 2lbs is an amazing loss for the first week and as long as you stick to the programme there's no reason you won't lose next week. 1-2lbs is the ideal weekly weight loss. Any more is a bonus but the slower the better.

You have only been on propoints one week so you need to give it at least 6 weeks before you decide if it works or not. Be completely honest with whether or not you are following the programme properly. If you have been doing everything right and it isn't working then look at switching back to the old programme. I hope it works for you no matter what you decide to do :)

Thanks all for that response. In the past while on diets I lose about 4/5 lbs. the first week and then it slows down a lot to between 0 - 2 lbs. for the following weeks. I just thought that 2 lbs. wasn't that much for the first week, but if I had a weight loss of 2 lbs. any other week except the first week I would be thrilled. Because I have only had a 2 lb. weight loss for the first week it is leaving me doubtful if I will lose at all next week This is also because I felt that I was eating a lot of food, i.e. 26 points a day and I had 35 of the 49. I am not a tall person so it just feels like a lot of food for my height. Of course I will soldier on and see what happens. I don't think I would go back to the old points because I have forgotten how it works now, except that I lost more when I started. If I can lose weight on 26 daily points and 49 weekly points I feel it will be very slow. However, if it is slow but easier to stick to that would be a plus.

It's always better to lose weight slower anyway though. Don't be worrying about how fast you lose it. You've taken the first step of going back and you've had a loss the first week, not everyone does.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    There are the 49 weeklies which for some people, they can eat them all and still lose weight. Others can't use any of them while others just use a few. Start by using them all and see how your weight loss goes and if you feel it is too slow, then don't use the 49, :)

Now this section of your post speaks volumes Duffy. This must be the secret. I could be one of people who should cut down on the weekly points. This means that the 49 weekly points doesn't work for everyone and would have to be adjusted if I wanted a faster weight loss. Thanks for that. I wasn't told that at WW. :confused:

• Advertisement

You need to find what works for you. I don't use my 49 weeklies a lot of the time but I have for nights out and going out to have dinner etc. It is possible to lose weight and use them all.

Advertisement