Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Now this section of your post speaks volumes Duffy. This must be the secret. I could be one of people who should cut down on the weekly points. This means that the 49 weekly points doesn't work for everyone and would have to be adjusted if I wanted a faster weight loss. Thanks for that. I wasn't told that at WW. :confused:

I lost 1.5lbs on my first week and I stayed the same on my second week. I ddint get a big loss until my 5th week or something. Like you I had always lost a lot on my first 2 weeks and I was a little disheartened. I stuck with it and have used all my weekly propoints nearly every week. Some weeks I stayed the same and there were a few weeks where I gained, but you have to look at it as a big picture kind of thing. A year and a half after starting I am 3 stone 10.5 pounds down and have been maintaining for the past 6 months.

I find that it is just too hard without the weeklies and it may take a few weeks for your body to adjust, but if you are tracking honestly and stick with then you will see the results. Cutting your intake by too much can mess with your metabolism, and for sanity its nice to be able to have a bit of a "cheat" while still being in control! Best of luck with it, I was a serial joiner and if I can get to goal then anyone can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

thanks Tiny Penguin, that's very encouraging. So what you are saying is that this is a different way to lose weight and don't expect it to be like any other diet. I loved the idea of the weeklies but was just afraid that I might not lose weight if I had them every week. So if it means that I can have them but lose a little slower but overall still lose in the long term I will be happy with that. Wow ! you lost 3 stone 10.5 pounds, congratulations, that's terrific. Yes, already I am beginning to look to the bigger picture, thanks a lot for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lh85

Hi guys,
    First time posting!Im trying to get back into ww,been very bad for last while!need a low pp treat and remember seeing smores on here,marshmallow and wafers-anyone remember how many points?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lorna123 wrote: »
    thanks Tiny Penguin, that's very encouraging. So what you are saying is that this is a different way to lose weight and don't expect it to be like any other diet. I loved the idea of the weeklies but was just afraid that I might not lose weight if I had them every week. So if it means that I can have them but lose a little slower but overall still lose in the long term I will be happy with that. Wow ! you lost 3 stone 10.5 pounds, congratulations, that's terrific. Yes, already I am beginning to look to the bigger picture, thanks a lot for this.

Its a long term lifestyle change. If you learn to lose weight in a healthy way, without cutting out foods or cutting your calories too low you will achieve your goals and find it much easier to maintain.Moderation is key to everything! Take it one day at a time and don't always be hung up on the scales. There are other ways of measuring your victories and focus on those!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well somehow I had a 2 & half lb loss last night! Delighted :) Back to within 1lb to get to my first stone, so determined to get there this time...Been knocking on that door now for a while, just need to crack it so I can motor on to the next stone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Well so far so good, Monday to Thursday, excellent WW days!
    Now all I need to do is sort out the weekend!

Must not go mad, must not go mad, must not go mad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I'm gone totally awol... Still in holiday mode, have family & friends visiting for another 2 weeks and we are out/eating/drinking every night. I'm being good during the day but once 6pm comes everything I've learnt disappears!!! Can't wait for them all to leave & get back into it properly!! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Natmus wrote: »
    I'm gone totally awol... Still in holiday mode, have family & friends visiting for another 2 weeks and we are out/eating/drinking every night. I'm being good during the day but once 6pm comes everything I've learnt disappears!!! Can't wait for them all to leave & get back into it properly!! :-(

I know how you feel. You'd think losing 2lbs after my holidays would motivate me but I have seriously struggled this week and have not been on points since Wednesday. Really need to cop on if I am to see a loss next week. To make matters worse I am broke after the holidays so stuck in tonight. Must stay away from the kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well hello everyone! Im just finishing up my 9 day holiday to New Zealand! It was amazing and yes completely overindulged on food and drink and am up 4.5lb not officially but on my scales i don't normally weigh in on any other scales but it needed to be done- Back to basics first thing tomorrow, currently trying to enlist a personal trainer too, definitely thinking i need to mix things up and use my pp more wisely- the week before hols was pretty bad food wise too so this is the kick in the bum i need! would love to lose another 7-10lb before my trip to Thailand on Sept 10th. It will be hard but I am really hoping to get stuck in :-)

Great catching up on the posts and well done on the great losses and to all starting out embrace the program and enjoy every meal :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Shelly I'm jealous of all your holidays!!

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever made the Hairy Dieters Cottage Pie recipe? I am looking to overhaul my the type of foods I'm eating so want to make a cottage pie next weekend. Does anyone have another recipe that they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all, haven't checked in in ages but have been spying ;-). I had a very naughty week last week and went up a lb, but trying very hard to get back on track this week. There's been a few hairy moments to be honest (yesterday was going really well, I'd about 7pp left and I had a Dominos garlic bread which is fecking 14!! But look it's not undoable and today is a new day!

Duffy - I'm vegetarian, so I tend to use green lentils for cottage pie - it's higher in points because lentils are carby, but they are high in fibre and really filling so I tend to eat less. I sometimes use Quorn too, but I'm not crazy about it so I only do this sometimes. What I like to do is mix parsnip with the potato for the topping so that it's lower pp, and mix in an egg rather than lots of butter to get a great crispy topping for low pp. I also LOVE pepper sauce (the packet stuff, desperate full of salt I know but it's an absolute favourite of mine - my mam also loves it and has brought me in on her addiction!). So I make up a stew of lentils, carrots, bay leaf, onion, garlic, celery with the pepper sauce (sometimes add some barley, also sometimes a few walnuts) and top with the potato/parsnip (can also use turnip/celeriac for this). I think that generally I cook and pp as I go, but it makes a very filling and healthy dinner that freezes well and is yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

What a disaster of a weekend, am annoyed with myself:mad:

Ended up going for an early bird to an italian on friday after work... then had some vino.

Saturday, did get a good bit of exercise in, did a 20K cycle, but had a good few beers on saturday night, and then yesterday didn't really point properly.

I have to weigh in tomorrow moring now, and am not too hopeful, had been going really well, i'll be lucky with a STS this week, GRRR!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Down 4.5lbs this week :D Delighted, that has wiped out my gains from last 2 weeks so I am 100% back on track and heading in the right direction!!!

Does anyone know if you can rejoin a new class? My normal is too out of my way so I want up join a new meeting. Given I'm going to be up about 5lbs tonight :o I wouldn't mind starting afresh. I think it'd be better in terms of motivation? Does anyone know if this is possible? I know its not ideal but I just want to draw a line under my holidays and the last week.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can rejoin a new class? My normal is too out of my way so I want up join a new meeting. Given I'm going to be up about 5lbs tonight :o I wouldn't mind starting afresh. I think it'd be better in terms of motivation? Does anyone know if this is possible? I know its not ideal but I just want to draw a line under my holidays and the last week.

Yeah of course you can! You can join a new class using your card from your old class, which would obviously show that you're up (if you are). Or you can just start and ask for a brand new card, but you'd obviously then have to pay the €20 joining fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Got just under the 10st (9st 13.5lbs) last week and I'm really hoping I can stay under tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Couldnt believe it last night, after having weeks of being down a 1lb and then 0.5lb i had a 3lb loss AND i saw a new number on the scales :D Was so happy :)

Yeah of course you can! You can join a new class using your card from your old class, which would obviously show that you're up (if you are). Or you can just start and ask for a brand new card, but you'd obviously then have to pay the €20 joining fee.

Thanks for that. I'll decide later whether to get a new card or not. I suppose it doesn't matter too much as I'll be up what I'm up and I'll have to start from that point anyway.

Another half pound down! 9st 13lbs, 6 more to my 7th silver 7 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Another half pound down! 9st 13lbs, 6 more to my 7th silver 7 :D

WOW! That's absolutely brilliant, well done you! :)

Was down 3 yesterday and now a total of 21.5lbs down in 4 months. Slow enough but I'm hoping slow and steady wins the race, have about 3 stone more to lose so its a long road ahead yet!

Well done to you all on your fabulous losses!!

Have a great week y'all :)

Well done to you too! :D

I went to the new meeting last night. I was up 4.5lbs but decided to get the new card and I'm glad I did. I woke up feeling so positive. I have all my meals planned for the week and I'm going to get back into cooking properly this weekend. I'm going to make a cottage pie but haven't decided on which recipe to use yet. I'll probably use my mums and just alter it to be lower points. Well done on the loss so far this week. Purple pawprints your weight loss has been so inspiring well done!

Awh thank you :D

I'm really finding this thread great along with the WW Facebook page. It never fails to inspire me coming on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Loopylou72

Hi All,
    I'm a newby to WW ProPoints, I've just started WW by myself this week, bought the scales and weighing in at home. I've only been pointing for the last 3 days and so far so good and I've not been starving as I expected which is a bonus !!
    I'm also getting back into walking and hopefully will eventually work up to do the C25K.
    This thread looks great, plenty of advice and tips :)
    Chat Soon !

Down 1.5, so got my first stone :) Delighted with that!

Extremely nervous about the weekend though! It's a 4-day weekend for me. Going to Blur tomorrow so will be drinking all evening and eating junk :/ Friday is my bf's birthday, so cooking him dinner. Doing a veggie meal so it will be sensible. Saturday having a friend over for dinner and drinks, and then out on Sunday night to celebrate bf's birthday. So 4 nights in a row :/ Will have to try my best to be good where possible!

Well done! :D

Try go for low options and if you drink shorts try have a diet mixer. That's what I tend to do. Jameson and diet coke for me. :D

Well done! :D

Try go for low options and if you drink shorts try have a diet mixer. That's what I tend to do. Jameson and diet coke for me. :D

Thanks! Food wise I'll be fine except for the gig tomorrow as I'll be going straight from work so will prob end up grabbing a burger or something there. Although I'll see if my friends want to get food before going in so I'll have more options. Downfall will be the drink but I'll definitely just be sticking to the vodka. I'm more worried about my liver :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Lormuz wrote: »
    What a disaster of a weekend, am annoyed with myself:mad:

Ended up going for an early bird to an italian on friday after work... then had some vino.

Saturday, did get a good bit of exercise in, did a 20K cycle, but had a good few beers on saturday night, and then yesterday didn't really point properly.

I have to weigh in tomorrow moring now, and am not too hopeful, had been going really well, i'll be lucky with a STS this week, GRRR!!!!

I'm sure you'll be fine! A 20k cycle must burn a lot of points. Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Loopylou72 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm a newby to WW ProPoints, I've just started WW by myself this week, bought the scales and weighing in at home. I've only been pointing for the last 3 days and so far so good and I've not been starving as I expected which is a bonus !!
    I'm also getting back into walking and hopefully will eventually work up to do the C25K.
    This thread looks great, plenty of advice and tips :)
    Chat Soon !

Good for you Loopylou! I'm on week 3 of C25K and I'm on that thread too. It's very encouraging.:)

Advertisement