Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

Eight weeks on the programme and tonight I lost another 2 lbs, thats 13 in total so looking forward to my stone next week....I am so happy as people are starting to notice my weight loss and compliments are flying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

happyday wrote: »
    Good for you Loopylou! I'm on week 3 of C25K and I'm on that thread too. It's very encouraging.:)

I want to start C25K but think I should probably do walking first and work my way up to it. I also probably should lose a bit of weight first as well. How did you find it when you first started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

When you’ve eaten too much and you can’t write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in
    And forget all about being healthy and thin.
    So What ! You went over your points quite a bit,
    It’s your next move that counts…..So don’t you quit !

It’s a moment of truth, it’s an attitude change.
    It’s learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It’s telling yourself, “You’ve done great up till now
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow”
    It’s part of your journey toward reaching your goal
    You’re still gonna make it, just stay in control

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race
    But, often the strugglers, who loosing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip
    And learn too late when the damage is done
    That the race wasn’t over…they still could have won

Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow
    But facing each challenge will help you to grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out
    The silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you’re pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit
    If you bite it, you write it…..but don’t you quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

miracle of miracles i was down 2 lbs this week, was delighted with that considering the weekend i had.....

Now the next challenge, the dreaded bank holiday!!!!

Lorna your post is so true. I'm really learning this week that it is a journey. We're not perfect 100% of the time but as long as you take it a day/week at a time you will get there. Too often we are in a rush and get frustrated at a 0.5lb loss. My new aim is to just have a loss every week. As long as its in the right direction then I know I'm doing something right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Still awol...can't wait till this weekend is over & get back on track. If only for the sake of my liver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I was down three pounds! So happy after a few weird weeks to be back on track again, just .3lb to goal, I've been here about four times now. I hope to try very hard over the bank hol and get there next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done! :D

Has anyone else been told they'll be too thin at goal weight? Lately I've gotten that from about 3 or 4 different people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Well done! :D

Has anyone else been told they'll be too thin at goal weight? Lately I've gotten that from about 3 or 4 different people.

I'd ignore that, people have been telling me recently that I'm not to lose any more weight but I don't know what they're comparing it to, maybe themselves, and as they are all shorter than me they think I look thinner than I am I think. I think people don't realise how small your frame is at your height, so ignore them.

Don't tell people your goal weight if you can help it, the numbers sound different to how the weight actually looks IMO. I was being told I looked great until I mentioned I was now in the 9's, all of a sudden then it was "Oh Jesus don't lose too much so"! That is a healthy weight range for my height, tbh I think people are just getting too used to people being overweight.

Yeah I've decided not to tell anyone else my goal weight. I'm into the 9s as well. When I say my goal is 8st 7lbs I get "Oh Jesus you'll be way too thin, you should stop losing it now." I don't get it tbh. They said nothing when I was big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Yeah ignore them, I'm 5ft 8 and would still be normal looking (ie not too thin) at 9 and a half stone, so you would definitely be a healthy weight around 9 stone, or just under. I have a friend who is about 5ft 1 and she weighs about 8 stone since forever, she is at her perfect weight. How did you work out your goal weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I'd ignore that, people have been telling me recently that I'm not to lose any more weight but I don't know what they're comparing it to, maybe themselves, and as they are all shorter than me they think I look thinner than I am I think. I think people don't realise how small your frame is at your height, so ignore them.

Don't tell people your goal weight if you can help it, the numbers sound different to how the weight actually looks IMO. I was being told I looked great until I mentioned I was now in the 9's, all of a sudden then it was "Oh Jesus don't lose too much so"! That is a healthy weight range for my height, tbh I think people are just getting too used to people being overweight.

I think that's very true, being overweight has become acceptable norm.

I was never given a goal weight when I started. Are u supposed to determine that yourself?

I was told what the correct weight for my height by my leader.

I was told what the correct weight for my height by my leader.

I think that's very true, being overweight has become acceptable norm.

I was never given a goal weight when I started. Are u supposed to determine that yourself?

I think one is automatically set by the computer based on your info and then your leader can adjust it. If you aren't comfortable with what is set, you can readjust it to what you want as long as its within a healthy BMI.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I think one is automatically set by the computer based on your info and then your leader can adjust it. If you aren't comfortable with what is set, you can readjust it to what you want as long as its within a healthy BMI.

Ah, I see. I must ask her at next weigh in so! Maybe she didn't tell me so as not to scare the pants off me! :D

Ah, I see. I must ask her at next weigh in so! Maybe she didn't tell me so as not to scare the pants off me! :D

Mine never told me, I just noticed it on the screen. I don't think they would discuss it until your closer to it. I know I've nearly 4 stone to lose so I'm a long way away yet.

Mine never told me, I just noticed it on the screen. I don't think they would discuss it until your closer to it. I know I've nearly 4 stone to lose so I'm a long way away yet.

Me too. I started at 14 stone 1.5lbs and I reckon I've about 4.5 stone to lose too but I've a good dent in it made already so happy enough :)

Me too. I started at 14 stone 1.5lbs and I reckon I've about 4.5 stone to lose too but I've a good dent in it made already so happy enough :)

You're close enough to me. My starting weight on Tuesday was 14st 6lbs. I'm aiming to get into the 10's and after that I'll look at a definite goal. Would love 10st 6lbs to make it an even 4st but that might be pushing it. Right now I'd love to get into the 13's cuz I've been trying to in vain since May :( I'd say for now just have a rough number in your head and see once you get close to it whether you're still losing consistently. If you're losses have slowed down dramatically then that's be your body's way of telling you you're at goal. Also its important to have a goal weight that you can easily maintain because if you go too low you could struggle.

You're close enough to me. My starting weight on Tuesday was 14st 6lbs. I'm aiming to get into the 10's and after that I'll look at a definite goal. Would love 10st 6lbs to make it an even 4st but that might be pushing it. Right now I'd love to get into the 13's cuz I've been trying to in vain since May :( I'd say for now just have a rough number in your head and see once you get close to it whether you're still losing consistently. If you're losses have slowed down dramatically then that's be your body's way of telling you you're at goal. Also its important to have a goal weight that you can easily maintain because if you go too low you could struggle.

I don't think there's any danger of me going too low :D

I'd be happy with 9.5 stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I want to start C25K but think I should probably do walking first and work my way up to it. I also probably should lose a bit of weight first as well. How did you find it when you first started?

Hi Duffy, I'm about a stone from goal weight and I already walked most days with my dog. I had never really run any more than a minute or so at most so it was a big challenge. But its all in the mind really. The ap tells you when to walk and run. There is a 5 min walk to start and then a short run - I think its 60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking at the start. It builds up very gradually and its quite doable. You can always repeat a week if you feel you need to. Why not try it and see if you can do it now? The ap I use is free C25K by Zen Labs. You can add music to it which helps keep me going.

Hi Duffy, I'm about a stone from goal weight and I already walked most days with my dog. I had never really run any more than a minute or so at most so it was a big challenge. But its all in the mind really. The ap tells you when to walk and run. There is a 5 min walk to start and then a short run - I think its 60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking at the start. It builds up very gradually and its quite doable. You can always repeat a week if you feel you need to. Why not try it and see if you can do it now? The ap I use is free C25K by Zen Labs. You can add music to it which helps keep me going.

Thanks I have the app but I think I'm going to try getting the food side of things in order first and do some walking before I start it. I'm ashamed as to how far I've let myself go as I used to run 10 miles when I was a teenager. now I can barely walk a flight of stairs without getting out of breath.

In case anyway hasn't noticed today is the start of a new month so no better time to start afresh or renew your motivation. Set yourself some challenges and goals for the month. Mine is to see a lost for every week in August. It doesn't matter how small just as long as its in the right direction. I need to break my yo-yo pattern.

I joined WW a couple of weeks ago and starting buying their Chocolate snack bars. Just wondering if anyone else got diarrhoea from eating them, like I have. I know they have artificial sweeteners in them. Could they be bad for you ????

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I joined WW a couple of weeks ago and starting buying their Chocolate snack bars. Just wondering if anyone else got diarrhoea from eating them, like I have. I know they have artificial sweeteners in them. Could they be bad for you ????

I'd say it would depend on how many of them you eat maybe :)

I ate 2 a day am and pm. I don't think I will buy them anymore. I would prefer to eat more natural things and just count the points and adjust them accordingly.

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I ate 2 a day am and pm. I don't think I will buy them anymore. I would prefer to eat more natural things and just count the points and adjust them accordingly.

They are lovely but ever so slightly addictive. I've stopped buying them because I was eating WAY too many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

I reached GOAL today (total loss of 2 st 5lb). Surprised as I missed last week due to work so over two weeks lost 6 lbs to reach target. I thought it would take ages as my loss each week was max 2lb but averaged one! I'm so delighted and would like to all of you for all the support from you guys!! This is my third time on WW but the first time I have stuck at it to reach goal!! I was just determined this time and kept focused - trying to ignore the weeks that I went up, and be happy when I stayed the same or went down.
    Of course, I have another question, what happens now, my leader got a bit distracted when I was with her. Do I stay on my present points level? I think it is for three weeks, right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

arisagain wrote: »
    I reached GOAL today (total loss of 2 st 5lb). Surprised as I missed last week due to work so over two weeks lost 6 lbs to reach target. I thought it would take ages as my loss each week was max 2lb but averaged one! I'm so delighted and would like to all of you for all the support from you guys!! This is my third time on WW but the first time I have stuck at it to reach goal!! I was just determined this time and kept focused - trying to ignore the weeks that I went up, and be happy when I stayed the same or went down.
    Of course, I have another question, what happens now, my leader got a bit distracted when I was with her. Do I stay on my present points level? I think it is for three weeks, right??

Well done you, hopefully everyone on here wont be too far behind you in reaching goal. I seriously want that gold card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Loopylou72

Good for you Loopylou! I'm on week 3 of C25K and I'm on that thread too. It's very encouraging.:)

Thanks happyday, do you have the link to that thread, i'm seriously hoping to be able to do this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Loopylou72 wrote: »
    Thanks happyday, do you have the link to that thread, i'm seriously hoping to be able to do this :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056143231&page=90

Here you go. Looking forward to seeing you on there. I've done day 2 week 3. Delighted with my progress so far.:D

Advertisement