Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone! such great losses this week well done to all! missed my weigh in with holidays but i am definitely back in the zone! will be weighing in on Tuesday from now on which shouldnt matter at all! Weekend going well too thank god no major plans tomorrow either! Really hoping iv lost the holiday
    lbs have missed two weigh ins so hoping to be at my pre holiday l weight on Tuesday nite! Enjoy your long weekend back home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Hi everyone, seems so quiet in here lately!! Weigh in today- down half a pound, all in the right direction I suppose but was so well behaved was hoping for something more, not complaining though- a loss is a loss!!!

intouch44 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, seems so quiet in here lately!! Weigh in today- down half a pound, all in the right direction I suppose but was so well behaved was hoping for something more, not complaining though- a loss is a loss!!!

Well done you! a loss is a loss ill be hoping for same tonight would love to be down from before holidays but we will see! heading to weigh in now!

I second the quietness on here lately! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Ok I'm back in the ww zone!! What a crazy few weeks with food & drink. Feel like I put on half a stone but was 3lb up on scales this morning.

Tracking, water and exercise for me for the week ahead & hopefully get that off again.

Have a good week everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I haven't posted more out of shame than anything else. Despite rejoining only last week, I'll most likely be up after the weekend I had. I'm not overly concerned as I was good the rest of the week and it was an exception. I was celebrating and had an amazing weekend so back to being good today and hopefully the gain won't be too big tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yes I'm posting sheepishly too :o I'm so tempted not to go to class tomorrow after the disaster of a weekend that I have but feck it, I knew last week that WW was going to go out the window for a few days. I had fun, and am back on track from today!

Yay back to class to be down 1.1kg.. 2.4lb less then pre holiday weight lightest iv been in about a year.. delighted with myself :-)

Good luck to everyone this week ps go to class it may not be as bad as you think :-)

Yes I'm posting sheepishly too :o I'm so tempted not to go to class tomorrow after the disaster of a weekend that I have but feck it, I knew last week that WW was going to go out the window for a few days. I had fun, and am back on track from today!

You should definitely go as you never know. Also it'll be much easier to get back on track this week if you get the weigh in our of the way, instead of worrying about it for the rest of the week. I wasn't going to go either but when I thought about it, I realised that's what meetings are for. There was a lady in my class last week who got her 50lb certificate and she said she'd never missed a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Missed the last two weeks because of work and sickness - raging! Thankfully the bh weekend passed off without a drop of alcohol touching my lips and got lots of exercise and housework done too! Weigh in tomorrow night. Hoping for a loss. Don't care if it's 0.5lb - I'll take it!

Duffy89 wrote: »
    You should definitely go as you never know. Also it'll be much easier to get back on track this week if you get the weigh in our of the way, instead of worrying about it for the rest of the week. I wasn't going to go either but when I thought about it, I realised that's what meetings are for. There was a lady in my class last week who got her 50lb certificate and she said she'd never missed a meeting.

Yeah I am gonna go, I know it's a slippery slope if I start missing meetings after a "bad/good" (depending on what way you look at it! :D) weekend. The rest of the month is going to be pretty quiet so if I am up one or two, I know I'll have it off again fairly handy. Best of luck to you too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Joining the thread as my first wi looms tomorrow. Think this will be my 4th attempt at ww but strangely I feel much more motivated on this one. Have been really good all week foodwise and I have actually read this entire thread (waaay too much time on my hands :P). There is some fantastic info and recipes here and the support that you all give each other is second to none. Soooo onwards and downwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

shhling wrote: »
    Joining the thread as my first wi looms tomorrow. Think this will be my 4th attempt at ww but strangely I feel much more motivated on this one. Have been really good all week foodwise and I have actually read this entire thread (waaay too much time on my hands :P). There is some fantastic info and recipes here and the support that you all give each other is second to none. Soooo onwards and downwards :)

I had same experience.

This is my third time doing ww, and the only time it has worked for me.

In the past when I started missing meetings and having binges carelessly it was a sign for me that I wasn't mentally ready for it. I really REALLY wanted to lose my weight but I wasn't prepared to do what was necessary to make that happen.

For me ww is probably 80 percent mental and only 20% physical. I've had my ups and downs this time too but I WILL NOT let them derail me this time. I will get to my goal no matter how long that takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

I'm a lurker at the best of times, I don't feel I have anything near as interesting to say as most of you. My weigh in is tonight instead of last night because of the bank holiday. I'm hoping for a good loss again this week. I'm exercising now and hadn't been able to do anything for nearly a year. Have worked up to 16 mins on the exercise bike over the past 3 weeks which is phenomenal for me and also went swimming today for the first time since beginning of year and really enjoyed it. I need to keep moving and I love reading everyone's posts. Good look to all at weigh in.

I'm a lurker at the best of times, I don't feel I have anything near as interesting to say as most of you. My weigh in is tonight instead of last night because of the bank holiday. I'm hoping for a good loss again this week. I'm exercising now and hadn't been able to do anything for nearly a year. Have worked up to 16 mins on the exercise bike over the past 3 weeks which is phenomenal for me and also went swimming today for the first time since beginning of year and really enjoyed it. I need to keep moving and I love reading everyone's posts. Good look to all at weigh in.

Don't feel like you have to have something "interesting" to say. I post loads of mundane crap in here sure! But I enjoy the support that everyone offers. I actually enjoy reading every post in here, because I can relate to them all. We're all here for the same goal after all. Good luck with your WI!

So went to weigh in and I was only up half lb. Delighted as I honestly thought it would be more.

To the people restarting, I restarted last week for the 4th time in about 3 years. Some people have said to me that I should give up because obviously WW doesn't work. I know it does as it did before and yes I have had people say to me again that obviously it doesn't work if I put back on weight. Here's the thing I put back on weight because I am in a job I hate so no matter what diet plan I was on, I would have done that. What has changed this time around? I am taking it slowly. I rejoined last week so that I could have a fresh start after my holidays and I said to myself that as long as I had a loss each week, nothing else matters. I know I am contradicting myself by putting on 0.5lb this week but that can be easily loss this week and that in itself is a huge achievement. I would get so disheartened by the slightest gain before that I would derail completely. My advice to anyone restarting is to take it slow, spend the first week going through cookbooks, Tesco.ie etc and making a list of foods and recipes you want to eat. Then look at how you can lower them in points by switching things around and make a list of everything with their portions and propoints. Make sure you have a food scale as they are vital for success in any diet. Don't worry too much the first week, it is important to refresh your memory so if you don't do as well as you'd like in the first week at least you are prepared for the weeks ahead. I got advice from a fellow blogger about not stressing over my lack of exercise, that it would come in time. So I am passing that advice on to you's, weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise so get the tracker right and then the exercise will come naturally. I also think you are more likely to be motivated to exercise once you have lost a few lbs rather than trying too much the first week.

Sorry that was a little bit of a long rambling! Need to go and take own advice now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Down half a pound :)

Weird week ahead though.. I've just started work placement in a nursing home and I'm going out on Saturday night. Will try to be good and on Saturday I'll stick to my diet mixers and go easy on the food that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

PP I was talking to someone a few days ago and thought of you. She's 5ft 1 and 50kg so just over 7 and a half stone, and is in great shape and a healthy size, so anyone questioning your goal weight at your height should be told to bugger off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

PP I was talking to someone a few days ago and thought of you. She's 5ft 1 and 50kg so just over 7 and a half stone, and is in great shape and a healthy size, so anyone questioning your goal weight at your height should be told to bugger off :)

Yeah I don't get why people keep telling me I'll be too thin at 8.5 stone. I know it's said that BMI isn't reliable but mine will be 24 when I get to that weight. I'm ignoring people who say that in future.

Yeah I don't get why people keep telling me I'll be too thin at 8.5 stone. I know it's said that BMI isn't reliable but mine will be 24 when I get to that weight. I'm ignoring people who say that in future.

People always have something to say! don't listen to any of it.. :)

NSV.. massive chocolate mud cake in work and I said no yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi All,

I used to use the old WW thread a looooong time ago now but have just started back at WW last night and found the last time this to be a great help for me!!

Have followed PP before so know it works but wasn't in the right frame of mind for it the last 9 months or so!!! Anyway, bit the bullet last night and went back, have about 100lb to lose but taking it day by day and have some mini targets in the between just to motivate me.

Looking forward to receiving great ideas, knowledge & most importantly support :)

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I used to use the old WW thread a looooong time ago now but have just started back at WW last night and found the last time this to be a great help for me!!

Have followed PP before so know it works but wasn't in the right frame of mind for it the last 9 months or so!!! Anyway, bit the bullet last night and went back, have about 100lb to lose but taking it day by day and have some mini targets in the between just to motivate me.

Looking forward to receiving great ideas, knowledge & most importantly support :)

Welcome back. There are a few of us starting over and you're right it is all about being in the right frame of mind. I find it best just to take it a day at a time and 1 bad day won't ruin an otherwise good week. Good luck :)

Has anyone tried the old El Paso sour cream? It's low in points but wondering what if it tastes nice. Is there any other old El Paso products that people are fans of? In the mood for that type of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Has anyone tried the old El Paso sour cream? It's low in points but wondering what if it tastes nice. Is there any other old El Paso products that people are fans of? In the mood for that type of food.

It's not great to be honest, neither is their guacamole. Obviously that's just my opinion!!
    I use the plain sour cream from Aldi, it's only 3 points for 2 tblsp and far tastier!!

As for me i've not been on much, but things going really well, I only generally get to a meeting every 2 weeks just due to work and kids but still heading in the right direction down 25lbs since i rejoined the end of May which i'm delighted with.
    I think it's really working for me this time first of all because my head is in the right place for it and secondly because i've learned how to deal with the bad days, rather than turn it into a bad week, don't beat myself up too much about it draw a line under it and start again the next day.

Hope all are well and are having good weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Down 7 and half pounds in shock cannot believe it. Think that last week I was up due to TOM and so this possibly isn't a true loss but man it felt good

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Great to hear a few are starting back!!

I went back on 29th August last year after having my third child and was so motivated - I had never really done it so well and the weight was falling off. Got my stone in 3 weeks and lost almost 2 stone by the end of October but then I just slowly lost it. Was only up 4.5lb when I went back in January but my heart wasn't in it and when I went back last night I was 1.5 stone heavier than this time last year. But that's all behind me now and there's nothing I can do about the past only look forward to the SKINNY FUTURE!!! My husband and my sister are doing it with me so have that support too!!!

I'm just back from a 2km walk with the kids & dog and going to trawl through the old posts now to get some recipe ideas etc as I haven't a clue where to be starting again!!!

godders wrote: »
    It's not great to be honest, neither is their guacamole. Obviously that's just my opinion!!
    I use the plain sour cream from Aldi, it's only 3 points for 2 tblsp and far tastier!!

Thanks I had a feeling about it. Is the Aldi one in the fridge or on the shelf like the El Paso one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Make your own guacamole, so much nicer and better for you! The bought ones are a funny dark green colour, like old avocados left out too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Well I put up an obscene 4 lbs over the bank holiday weekend, which although is well deserved ( had a great weekend) is also a real kick in the teeth!

Why is it that it would probably take 2-3 weeks of proper WW to lose that much weight, but 2 days of above average eating gains it!!!!!

annoying....

anyway, i am back on track, although my supermarket is a bit crap lately, it's not stocking much of the weight watchers food, or speigals etc, so have to get alternatives which are higher in points, which is a bit of a bummer, anyone else notice that about supervalue??

fingers crossed for a good loss this week, must get out for a walk tonight, the weather is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

so mad with myself. had a lovely healthy lunch brought in with me and caved and went to the local market with work friends instead where I pigged out on a big chicken pad thai and a small hot chocolate. My WI is tonight - wtf is wrong with me like?! I am not at my desk feeling uncomfortably full and in foul humor because of it. Contemplating skipping WI...don't see the point in wasting the money to hear how crap I am doing.

Rant over.

• Advertisement

Lormuz wrote: »
    Well I put up an obscene 4 lbs over the bank holiday weekend, which although is well deserved ( had a great weekend) is also a real kick in the teeth!

Why is it that it would probably take 2-3 weeks of proper WW to lose that much weight, but 2 days of above average eating gains it!!!!!

annoying....

anyway, i am back on track, although my supermarket is a bit crap lately, it's not stocking much of the weight watchers food, or speigals etc, so have to get alternatives which are higher in points, which is a bit of a bummer, anyone else notice that about supervalue??

fingers crossed for a good loss this week, must get out for a walk tonight, the weather is great!

What WW products do you buy? No doubt there are alternative products out there with similar PP-value (not to mention cheaper!).

Advertisement