Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

ShindyB wrote: »
    so mad with myself. had a lovely healthy lunch brought in with me and caved and went to the local market with work friends instead where I pigged out on a big chicken pad thai and a small hot chocolate. My WI is tonight - wtf is wrong with me like?! I am not at my desk feeling uncomfortably full and in foul humor because of it. Contemplating skipping WI...don't see the point in wasting the money to hear how crap I am doing.

Rant over.

Honestly. Skipping is the worse thing you can do.
    What will happen is you will feel miserable and if you're anything like me when you're miserable you'll eat more of what you probably shouldn't.
    Go, face the music, use your weeklies for today's lunch and start afresh after your weigh in :)

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

What will happen is you will feel miserable and if you're anything like me when you're miserable you'll eat more of what you probably shouldn't.
    Go, face the music, use your weeklies for today's lunch and start afresh after your weigh in :)

Good luck! :)[/QUOTE

thanks Sittingpretty. I am just so sick of self-sabotaging my weight loss efforts. I can't seem to get my mindframe right and it's really getting me down now. I have 20 pounds to lose and right now it feels impossible. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Good luck! :)[/QUOTE

thanks Sittingpretty. I am just so sick of self-sabotaging my weight loss efforts. I can't seem to get my mindframe right and it's really getting me down now. I have 20 pounds to lose and right now it feels impossible. :(

Oh it's not impossible! I I can do it ANYONE can! :)

Thanks again. I'll go tonight and drop a post on here later to break the bad news to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Thanks I had a feeling about it. Is the Aldi one in the fridge or on the shelf like the El Paso one?

Yeah its in the fridge and its way cheaper too!!

• Advertisement

Down half lb so despite all my whinging I'm relieved and happy to be starting a fresh week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

As expected, up 1lb tonight. Could have been a lot worse after that weekend tbf :) Anyway back on track now!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

As expected, up 1lb tonight. Could have been a lot worse after that weekend tbf :) Anyway back on track now!

That's not too bad at all, especially when you're expecting a big gain. You can have that lost and more next week.

There's a special offer on with Fitness Bootcamp, 50% off until 10th August. I am thinking of doing it but not sure if it's worth it, if I'll be able for it and if it'll be beneficial. Has anyone done it before? Does it matter if you have zero fitness level?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

What WW products do you buy? No doubt there are alternative products out there with similar PP-value (not to mention cheaper!).

It's mostly ww bars and biscuits i buy, as i find them tasty enough and easy to point.
    For example i would have a ww bar with a coffee for a treat, 2 pp, but to substitute with a kit kit or another branded bar is 3 pp.

also i normally have one crumpet with low low butter for breakfast as my big addition is bread, so to try and cut that out i have switched to 1 crumpet, but they haven't had them in the shop lately, and one slice of toast is just not the same...

never mind, these are minor moans and are quite surrmountable if i get the head straight, but you know what it's like if your a feeling even a bit wobbly these sort of things can throw you!!

Lormuz wrote: »
    It's mostly ww bars and biscuits i buy, as i find them tasty enough and easy to point.
    For example i would have a ww bar with a coffee for a treat, 2 pp, but to substitute with a kit kit or another branded bar is 3 pp.

also i normally have one crumpet with low low butter for breakfast as my big addition is bread, so to try and cut that out i have switched to 1 crumpet, but they haven't had them in the shop lately, and one slice of toast is just not the same...

never mind, these are minor moans and are quite surrmountable if i get the head straight, but you know what it's like if your a feeling even a bit wobbly these sort of things can throw you!!

Yeah I know what you mean. If you have an Aldi near you, they sell Bubbly bars (their version of Aero) in a multi-pack and they're only 2pp each and are really lovely and chocolatey. I try not to have chocolate in the house so I can't advise you on any others, sorry :)

I have never actually had a crumpet so can't give you an alternative to that either! I know I'm lucky to have 35pp a day to play around with, cos I don't have to worry so much about whether something is 1pp more than what I'd usually have, but I know it's something I'll probably find difficult as my allowance goes down.

• Advertisement

Fresh week starting well. Had my weetabix with skimmed milk for breakie and just had a cuppa green tea and a nectarine for my tea break at work. Nearly through my first litre of water too. Have a salmon salad with me for lunch (which I WILL be eating today!) and having a chicken stirfry this evening for dinner. Have a wedding tomorrow and a night out in Cork on Saturday so I'm terrified of messing everything up...any advice?

SO MAD right now! Someone pushed my lunchbox to the very back of the fridge at work where everything freezes - my salad was ruined! Grr! Went to a place down the road instead and had a mixture of three salad so it wasn't the worst outcome possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Why is it the days i say im not going to the gym i somehow work out that its ok to eat rings around myself?!?!?! where is the logic in that! Say iv eaten my weeklies and some.. ewwww!!!!!
    And i find out iv just been invited to a gala dinner on Saturday night with yummy food and free beverages!!!!!!!! God help me this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Well I was disappointed to have stayed the same at my weigh in on Tuesday night as I really had stayed on plan all week but I have no control over how the weight comes off and as long as it's not a gain I can accept it. Never could before. I know some week when a gain is on the scales I will be gutted so need to be able to accept that if and when it happens and take it on the chin. When I tried losing weight before, things like that really knocked me and made me derail and throw in the towel. I am recommitting the commitment I have made to myself, my leader, my group and my dear sister of going to ww classes for a year. 52 weeks doesn't seem like a huge time frame for the amount of weight I need to lose but I think the commitment I have made this time is what is going to make the difference along with the extra support I have picked up here. I am guilty of getting complacent when I lose a few stone and then end up putting it all back (and some) so this time my head is in a much better place knowing the pitfalls that I need to avoid or change. Hope I haven't rabbited on and that I'm making sense. Love and hugs to all and best of luck with weigh in and staying on plan

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

so mad with myself. had a lovely healthy lunch brought in with me and caved and went to the local market with work friends instead where I pigged out on a big chicken pad thai and a small hot chocolate. My WI is tonight - wtf is wrong with me like?! I am not at my desk feeling uncomfortably full and in foul humor because of it. Contemplating skipping WI...don't see the point in wasting the money to hear how crap I am doing.

Rant over.
    ShindyB GO AND FACE THE MUSIC!!! Start again tomorrow. It means that you will be back on track! We all have weeks that we go up - it's life!! The trick is to get back on track. Forgive yourself and forget. Then you can move on!! It will be worth it. Also it means that going up the odd week is not a disaster, its just a blimp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Just had to post to say how proud of myself I am tonight!

Got home from work a bit late this evening and had planned on making dinner but with one thing or another only got to Tesco at about 7.30 & home then an hr or so later. Usually we'd have caved and ordered take away but i cooked dinner as planned and it was so delicious! Chicken, rasher medalions, swiss cheese all in a BBQ marinade with baby potatoes! Its amazing how a little achievement can make you feel so good in yourself!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

arisagain wrote: »
    ShindyB GO AND FACE THE MUSIC!!! Start again tomorrow. It means that you will be back on track! We all have weeks that we go up - it's life!! The trick is to get back on track. Forgive yourself and forget. Then you can move on!! It will be worth it. Also it means that going up the odd week is not a disaster, its just a blimp!!

Thanks! I went and was down half lb so I was relieved! Heading to wedding today, just had my weetabix and have some fruit in for later before dinner tonight where I'll try to make the most ww friendly choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Been kind of quiet on this lately. Got my first stone last week at ww but then had a weekend in galway for the races and also have puck fair down home this weekend, so haven't been tracking properly. But once this weekend is over, going to get back on track! Need to just stick with it. Have a friends wedding in 9 weeks so aiming to lose a second stone by then.

Everyone is doing amazing by the way :) Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Just had some delish chicken goujons and am so proud that I made them from scratch and they were so much healthier. 2 chicken breasts 4 pp each 100 gr of breadcrumbs at 4pp and an egg at 2pp. For a filling dinner for 2 it means just 7 pp and I had so much more than the equivalent out of a box which is only 3 small pieces.

Questions for Purple Pawprints if she's about (or anyone else who can advise!)

I saw you posted on the FB page that you made BNS curry chips and they looked gorgeous. I made BNS soup once years ago so that's my only experience of cooking with it. How much of it did you use for the chips? What way did you cool them? I don't really like the texture of BNS so was hoping I could make them pretty crispy, so was gonna try cutting them pretty thin and turning the oven up quite high. Would that work?

Sorry for all the questions :o I got the curry sauce from Aldi so was gonna make chip-shop chips and chicken breast for dinner tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I saw you posted on the FB page that you made BNS curry chips and they looked gorgeous. I made BNS soup once years ago so that's my only experience of cooking with it. How much of it did you use for the chips? What way did you cool them? I don't really like the texture of BNS so was hoping I could make them pretty crispy, so was gonna try cutting them pretty thin and turning the oven up quite high. Would that work?

Sorry for all the questions :o I got the curry sauce from Aldi so was gonna make chip-shop chips and chicken breast for dinner tomorrow!

Hello :)

I use basically the whole thing for the chips, apart from the seeds. What I do is cut it up, spray the bottom of the oven tin/baking tin with low calorie cooking spray, put the chips in, spray more of the spray onto the chips and sprinkle them with a bit of ground cumin. I have the oven preheated to about 200 degrees. Then I put them in the oven and kinda wait until they sort of done and it turn them over and put them back in for a few extra minutes. I make the curry while they're in the oven then. I think it takes around half an hour in total. :)

I would use the extra points and use olive oil instead of fry light which is what most would use. When I first made them I used fry light and did not like them. Olive oil adds a whole other flavour to it and is 4 points for a tablespoon. Also adding some balsamic vinegar as well helps.

Thanks girls. I think I will use a tbsp of olive oil as it might help them crisp up more. Looking forward to trying them, hope I like them!

Since I've come back from holidays I've really struggled. I cannot get a grip on my eating habits. I had a 0.5lb gain last week and will most likely have at least 4/5lb gain this week. I was going to skip my weigh in but I have decided to go and accept the gain. I decided to have fun this weekend and that's what I did. I didn't worry about what points and it was nice to have a break for a few days.

On the bright side I spent today clearing out my wardrobe as I had no space. What was a full wardrobe is now a very bare one as none of my clothes fit me any more. I had 2 big black sacks of clothes that I have put in the attic until I lose some weight again. This has really been the wake up call I needed I cannot afford to buy more clothes. What was even more shocking was that there was a load of size 12 clothes that still had the tags on them because I bought them just as I was starting to regain weight. My size 16's are starting to feel tight so I really don't want to go up to an 18 and I refuse to buy more clothes. I know I've done a lot of talking in recent weeks so it's time to put that talk into action. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Long time no post, got my gold card about 2 months ago and have not behaved very well since what are we like self sabotage but I have to say while loosing the weight I found this forum brilliant so I am back to work tomorrow after a couple weeks wasn't away but on day trips and such which means eating out and on the go all the time but back on the wagon big time I'd say I'm gone the 5 lbs over my goal so need to get back to class on Thursday and sort this out best of luck to all on your weigh ins this week onwards and downwards

Back on track today.. handing my notice into work which has been one of the major stress factors in my life over the past while.. I Love my job here but my partner wants to move home and i guess i do too so were calling it a day in Melbourne and im just very sad about the whole thing..

Was convincing myself to skip weigh in tomorrow nite but im going to go and take what im given.. which will most likely be a gain!

Iv four weeks until we leave Melbourne and all my stability is gone for a while so I really have to make the most of it now..!

Sorry for the long post :) good luck to everyone with weigh in x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Ok so the last two weeks were a complete write off, was feeling very sorry for myself and ate everything i shouldnt have ate, takeways, junk food, alcohol. But im going to WI tonight and ill take my gain and start afresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Had my first WI this evening and was down 3.5lb. I know I shouldn't have been but was a little disappointed as any time I've done WW before I got huge number first week. However after getting home and thinking about it its a great number! I went into my weigh in with way too high expectations when I should have gone in with a clear head!

Anyway, looking forward to the week ahead. Have been really good all week and most importantly enjoying myself!

Hope everyone else is having a good week! X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I was the same, 2lbs down my first week and I was disappointed. I'd be ecstatic with 2lbs now. My last 2 losses have been half pound each week.

Not looking forward to WI but I'm going anyway. :(

• Advertisement

I was the same, 2lbs down my first week and I was disappointed. I'd be ecstatic with 2lbs now. My last 2 losses have been half pound each week.

Not looking forward to WI but I'm going anyway. :(

You always say that and ya have a loss :) chin up it probably isn't as bad as it seems! :)

Advertisement