Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I was the same, 2lbs down my first week and I was disappointed. I'd be ecstatic with 2lbs now. My last 2 losses have been half pound each week.

Not looking forward to WI but I'm going anyway. :(

I've joined WW about 4 or 5 times over the years and lost in around 8lb always the first week so 3.5 was a small number for me. I've been really good but maybe it's just a sign I'll lose it a bit slower but steadily and for good this time - that's the plan anyway!!! :)

Anyway, got out of the previous stone so just looking at everything positively now!!

The bad weeks are almost more important in class than the good weeks - you need that lil push / kick up the a*se on those weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

shhling wrote: »
    Just had some delish chicken goujons and am so proud that I made them from scratch and they were so much healthier. 2 chicken breasts 4 pp each 100 gr of breadcrumbs at 4pp and an egg at 2pp. For a filling dinner for 2 it means just 7 pp and I had so much more than the equivalent out of a box which is only 3 small pieces.

Shhling, Did you then bake them, if so temp?? And for how long?? Sound so yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Yes I baked them for about 20 mins at 180 C but this would really depend on how small you cut the chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I've joined WW about 4 or 5 times over the years and lost in around 8lb always the first week so 3.5 was a small number for me. I've been really good but maybe it's just a sign I'll lose it a bit slower but steadily and for good this time - that's the plan anyway!!! :)

Anyway, got out of the previous stone so just looking at everything positively now!!

The bad weeks are almost more important in class than the good weeks - you need that lil push / kick up the a*se on those weeks!!

I think on the propoints plan, weight loss is slower. Its a good thing though as the plan is designed towards a lifestyle change than quick weight loss. 3.5lbs is a great loss well done :)

Thanks Duffy! That's what Im hoping and I just keep thinking back to what our leader said last week about it being 21 weeks to end of the yr and 1lb a week is 1.5 STONE so that's never a bad thing! When i think of that i realise i tripled that and some so i really shouldnt be giving out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You always say that and ya have a loss :) chin up it probably isn't as bad as it seems! :)

True, I do say that a lot.. :o

Hopefully it'll be ok this week too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I had a stomach bug yesterday, was home from work very sick. It's really unlike me to get sick at all, so it wasn't very pleasant. My boyfriend had it too, so one of us must have picked it up somewhere and passed it to the other. Back in work today, still not feeling 100% but just have too much work to do to take another day off :( I ate very little yesterday, just some brown bread and a bit of fruit, and I still don't have much of an appetite today so I'm worried I'll have a false loss tomorrow. I'll just have to go with it and try and keep it off for the following week if I do.

Bit of a NSV today....I was thinking over the past week that I couldn't notice any difference in myself after losing a stone. I was just in the kitchen in work making tea and I put my hand on my waistband and realised that my work trousers, which had been snug on me for a long time, were now fitting me very comfortably and even a little loose around the pockets. That cheered me up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

blondie7 wrote: »
    Ok so the last two weeks were a complete write off, was feeling very sorry for myself and ate everything i shouldnt have ate, takeways, junk food, alcohol. But im going to WI tonight and ill take my gain and start afresh!

I have been the same for that past month or 6 weeks. Feeling crap & well p**sed off withmyself for over indulgence! Going to go to my meeting tonight as I keep putting that off too!

I read someone’s post here & it said its 21 weeks to end of year and if you had a pound down a week that would be a stone and a half off, and would get me to goal, so hopefully that will give me the incentive I need.

On another note I bought the Irish pride slimsters (bread rolls) this morning…when I scanned the barcode they came up as 4pp but when I entered the value I got 2pp….anyone know the correct propoints??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

arisagain wrote: »
    Shhling, Did you then bake them, if so temp?? And for how long?? Sound so yum!!

Shhling - egg white can work just as well to get the breadcrumbs stuck on the chicken ! less pps too!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Shhling - egg white can work just as well to get the breadcrumbs stuck on the chicken ! less pps too!

Excellent. Even better. Thanks a mil for the tip. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Hellloooo lads and lassies.

how are we all doing? I had my 6th and final wedding of the year on Friday last - thank God! I have a few weeks now where I've no nights out planned so I am officially on a detox!

Was fairly well behaved at the wedding. Started the day with my weetabix and brought chopped fruit in a lunchbox to have after the church which took the cravings away for the drinks reception! Had a glass of non-alco punch at drinks reception and two plain digestives so not too bad! Then for dinner I had soup with one small bread roll and salmon with lots of veggies for dinner! I had two vodkas with diet coke over the whole night as I ended up minding my little cousins for the whole night so I did lots of running around and dancing AND I didn't eat a single thing from the Candy station! Victory!

The next day was great cause had no hangover but by God I went hell for leather on Saturday night - had a college reunion and I had a good few drinks! Was ok with the food Sunday and did all my cooking prep yesterday for the week.

Hoping for a 1lb loss tomorrow night at weigh in.

Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

True, I do say that a lot.. :o

Hopefully it'll be ok this week too :)

Of course it will best of luck with it :)

Well i was up 400g (just under a lb) and im delighted honestly thought it be more with my mental week! Had a really good day today and went back to the gym! need to keep this focus up until holidays!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Hi everyone, after losing the run of myself and not tracking for 3 full days, I had a gain of half a pound and I really did deserve it. Last week I complained because I had stayed the same and I really thought I should have had weight down. I guess I need to stop complaining!!!!!! I am going to track like mad this week and stay within my daily and weekly propoints and would love to have a great loss next week. Good luck all, together we can do this, it's great to have the encouragement and honesty of this forum. Hugs to all

Anyone doing (or like me, attempting to do) the 5km run in Griffeen Park, Lucan this Saturday? It is a free event run every Saturday to encourage people to get out and get fit! Plan on doing it for the next few weeks to get my fitness up and weight down!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

ShindyB wrote: »
    Anyone doing (or like me, attempting to do) the 5km run in Griffeen Park, Lucan this Saturday? It is a free event run every Saturday to encourage people to get out and get fit! Plan on doing it for the next few weeks to get my fitness up and weight down!

Hey Shindy, it that the Parkrun you're talking about? I've done a few in Lucan they're great, highly recommend them!

That's the one godders - bit nervous because I'm defo gonna have to walk some of it so don't want to look like an idiot. This time last year I could run 5km in 27 minutes - not a hope of me being able to do that now!

Natmus wrote: »

On another note I bought the Irish pride slimsters (bread rolls) this morning…when I scanned the barcode they came up as 4pp but when I entered the value I got 2pp….anyone know the correct propoints??

My leader said 3 PP in class last week but haven't bought them to point myself

So I've certainly got my appetite back after being sick yesterday :D Made butternut squash chips and a roast chicken breast for dinner with Aldi chip-shop curry sauce (pretty much the same as the McDonnells sauce). It was delicious, really felt like I was having something properly bold. The chips turned out nice and crispy, although some were a bit overdone as they were too thin. Tbh if it wasn't for the curry sauce I probably wouldn't have liked them but it's a great way to have a treat. Used a tbsp of olive oil on the BNS (used half the squash) before cooking, so with the chicken and sauce, the whole meal was only 10 pp. Probably could have cut down the olive oil to just 2pp instead of 4, but I'd a lot of pp left to use so I was better off using the whole spoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh that curry is lovely, I've had it with BNS chips too and it really does feel like having something bold.

Well I was very happy to be down 0.5lb again this week. I had a weird week. Delighted to be starting a new week tomorrow. Back on track now.

A couple of evenings last week I skipped my walk because I was so tired. I started work experience in a nursing home and it's been hard to get used to a new routine. I'm getting into the swing of it now so I should be grand.

5lbs to next silver 7, 6lbs to 50lbs lost. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

How many pp are in that aldi curry sauce?

Also, I thought a Tbsp of olive oil is 3pp according to my purple book anyway?

I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, which was nearly all the 3lbs i put on last week after the bank holiday, so nearly back to normal.....

In fairness i didn't deserve it, have had a few cheats as had the worst PMS last weekend and all i wanted was chocolate:(

anyhoo, back to normal this week, fingers crossed for a good loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Lormuz wrote: »

I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, which was nearly all the 3lbs i put on last week after the bank holiday, so nearly back to normal.....

In fairness i didn't deserve it, have had a few cheats as had the worst PMS last weekend and all i wanted was chocolate:(

Well done on your loss. With the purple book, they take the average points of a few different brands so its not an accurate source. You're best off pointing your own bottle. Any brands I've pointed come out at 4 points for a tbsp which is 15g.

Lormuz wrote: »

I used 1tbsp of the Aldi curry sauce (2pp) and added hot water and got a really decent portion out of it.

I generally don't go by the points in the book, I point my own bottle of olive oil and it's 4pp for a tbsp.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

God i'm a divil for going with the purple book points, must checm out the points now!!!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I don't live in Dublin but I'm thinking of doing the Echo Mini Marathon in Cork in September. I thinks that's about 5k too. Can you run that without stopping? If so, fair dues to you!
    :)

That's the one godders - bit nervous because I'm defo gonna have to walk some of it so don't want to look like an idiot. This time last year I could run 5km in 27 minutes - not a hope of me being able to do that now!

Well i'll be there on Sat morn. I was the same the first one I did but it's fine, you have all sorts there even people pushing buggies!

I only started running back in May using the couch to 5k app and I've done a few 10k's recently. My times aren't great I do 10K in about 1hr 18 mins so still getting there.

The hardest thing is getting started, once you've the first over with you'll be flying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

godders wrote: »
    Well i'll be there on Sat morn. I was the same the first one I did but it's fine, you have all sorts there even people pushing buggies!

I only started running back in May using the couch to 5k app and I've done a few 10k's recently. My times aren't great I do 10K in about 1hr 18 mins so still getting there.

The hardest thing is getting started, once you've the first over with you'll be flying :)

I'm doing couch to 5k now. I'm on week 5 and finding it great but hard at the moment.

happyday wrote: »
    I'm doing couch to 5k now. I'm on week 5 and finding it great but hard at the moment.

Fair play!! I couldn't recommend this app highly enough, it is tough but very rewarding when you're moving through the weeks and seeing yourself progress.

I had never run before starting it so was very sceptical but it was the best thing I ever did.

godders wrote: »

Thanks godders! Well I'll be there anyway and I'm sure I'll fall over the finishing line at some stage! Was out for the years with a knee injury so trying to get back into it slowly! Enjoy Saturday!

WI tonight.....EEK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Long time no post!
    I've still been going to meetings but been up an down, had a bad week of my birthday and out on 3lb. I had a great week the next week and exercised 7days of the week and lost 1/2lb. I was disappointed and then this week had a mediocre week, one bad day which wasn't that bad and stayed the same :(

My Leader said maybe mix up my meals. I normally have the same things every week and I weigh everything.
    I make a batch of chilli mince with lean mince and that does two days, have tones of veg in it and either have it with wraps, actifry chips, rice or pasta.
    Also have homemade chicken fillet burger, chicken and rice, homemade lasagne, homemade shepherds pie, Chicken fajitas.

Anybody any other ideas to have for dinners? Need some reheat able ideas as I work lates 2/3 nights per week and have dinner in work.

Thanks!

Advertisement