Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Out last night, had 3 drinks. No diet coke for my mixer so had normal coke. Then had chips and half a kebab on the way home. I'll be delighted if I STS this week at WI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Out last night, had 3 drinks. No diet coke for my mixer so had normal coke. Then had chips and half a kebab on the way home. I'll be delighted if I STS this week at WI.

You would have been covered by that with your 49 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

How many pp in a normal snickers?

You would have been covered by that with your 49 surely?

I would imagine so but I haven't really had fast food in ages so I'm feeling bad uneccessarily I think.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Aris again - my ankle isn't sore, rather weak two months post injury and I actually just wanted a walk on the beach rather than thinking of serious exercise. Also, i believe gentle work on unstable surfaces can be of benefit in rehabilitation as it builds stabilising muscle (I'm an OT). I think i was just enjoying my walk a lot and went further than i should! Thanks for the advice tho!
    Cailleach an airgid - Guess what I do. Think of the phrase 'walk before you run'!! So walk on stable surfaces (grass to tarmac to concrete (too hard)), then run and then unstable surfaces (sand!!!). Flexibility (making sure you have full range in all planes) and then eccentric and concentric training, not forgetting balance retraining. Like WW, it doesn't always go according to plan but keep at it and running 5k in no time!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I hear you! I have been all over the place since I got back from holidays that I've put on about 10lbs :o :eek: Like you I also handed in my resignation in favour of a new job which I start in 2 weeks. I finished up yesterday in the old job and have 2 weeks off to exercise and cook from scratch...no excuses. You still have 3 weeks and you could get up to half a stone/3kgs gone by then. I haven't been posting much here either so I plan on using it to get me through the week as I would love a good loss next week. Don't forget to enjoy the last few weeks in Melbourne :)

Thank you Duffy .. your right there is some time left just about not panicking and following plan fully.. Going to go thru my cupboards now and organise what i can use And plan my weeks meals.. Say a prayer for me ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I was so happy, and surprised with how well week 1 went. Week two now and I binged last night :( Plan was to use my weeklies for a night out. Ended up using *47* points on the night out + my dailies during the day- damned McDonalds. I was thinking maybe of using fewer points today to even it out? Can you do that?

That sort of depends on how many you're on per day. it's recommended you don't use less than 26.

keesa wrote: »
    I was so happy, and surprised with how well week 1 went. Week two now and I binged last night :( Plan was to use my weeklies for a night out. Ended up using *47* points on the night out + my dailies during the day- damned McDonalds. I was thinking maybe of using fewer points today to even it out? Can you do that?

But you stayed within your weeklies and dailies?

I'm 1 point over the weeklies. My allowance is 26 for dailies. We were really busy at work so maybe I got an activity point or 2 that might bring it down?

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    I'm 1 point over the weeklies. My allowance is 26 for dailies. We were really busy at work so maybe I got an activity point or 2 that might bring it down?

I wouldn't worry too much about being 1pp over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi All, I came back from holiday a few weeks ago and I can't seem to stop eating:( I eat even when I am not hungry and I have put up 5 pounds which I fully deserve. I haven't been able to get to a meeting either so am going to try and get back on Thursday. I had an ok day today food wise but I have had to stop myself from going to the fridge or the presses so many times:o

Shelly, Sorry to hear your having a hard time because you are one of the posters that has always spurred me on with your positivity, so I just wanted to let you know your not alone:)

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well and for all who are like me and have fallen off the wagon maybe we can help each other get back on track.

Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi All, I came back from holiday a few weeks ago and I can't seem to stop eating:( I eat even when I am not hungry and I have put up 5 pounds which I fully deserve. I haven't been able to get to a meeting either so am going to try and get back on Thursday. I had an ok day today food wise but I have had to stop myself from going to the fridge or the presses so many times:o

Shelly, Sorry to hear your having a hard time because you are one of the posters that has always spurred me on with your positivity, so I just wanted to let you know your not alone:)

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well and for all who are like me and have fallen off the wagon maybe we can help each other get back on track.

Onwards and Downwards!

Hi

I am struggling too! I feel like I have switched off and don't know how to switch back on. If I am bring truly honest I haven't done the WW thing seriously for months. I am looking for inspiration. Need to lose the 7 pounds I have put back on and the other 7 to get to goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Onwards and Downwards!

I struggled after my holidays as well, gained about 10lbs in the space of a few weeks. I have being taking it a day at a time and I find it's helping. Yesterday I didn't have a perfect day but I still didn't do too badly so I tracked everything I ate and moved on today. I'm looking forward to weigh in on Thursday which is something I haven't felt in months. Once you get to the meeting on Thursday, you will be able to draw a line under it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I think I did really well last week - ok I went over my allowance by 10pp but normally on a weekend I don't even count points!!!!!!

Feeling positive for the week ahead!

Natmus wrote: »
    I think I did really well last week - ok I went over my allowance by 10pp but normally on a weekend I don't even count points!!!!!!

Feeling positive for the week ahead!

Oh good God I wish I could say the same! TOTM for me and ended up having to work on Saturday (:mad:) so my weekend was a disaster - all I want is chocolate! And I'm not even a big chocolate lover! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi everyone I'm back following ww after a year break so trying to refresh my head on all the things that are good value for points I tried reading some of the thread but its so long so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

ShindyB wrote: »
    Oh good God I wish I could say the same! TOTM for me and ended up having to work on Saturday (:mad:) so my weekend was a disaster - all I want is chocolate! And I'm not even a big chocolate lover! Ugh!

Gosh I know those days!! For my chocolate cravings I'm doing the WW chocolate digestives 1 pp each, and WW hot chocolate 1 PP too. Not bad when you think even an animal bar is 3 pps!!

So nervous for my weigh in this week! Last week I knew I lost something, this week I don't see much difference, and Im trying not to weigh myself at home

Hi All, I came back from holiday a few weeks ago and I can't seem to stop eating:( I eat even when I am not hungry and I have put up 5 pounds which I fully deserve. I haven't been able to get to a meeting either so am going to try and get back on Thursday. I had an ok day today food wise but I have had to stop myself from going to the fridge or the presses so many times:o e

Onwards and Downwards!

Thanks so much for those kind words am defo struggling but have had a lot going on. Weigh in tonight so fresh start for me! Three weeks until bikini time eeek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi everybody,
    I haven't posted here in about a year or so and guess what i'm no lighter than I was last time either so here goes again for the umteenth time. I unfortunately cant make it to a class so you guys will be my support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

sorry hadn't finished that just hit off wrong button. I have 8lb to lose being realistic but would prefer 12 having been there at goal before (ages ago) im 5'5 and currently 10'1 not loads to lose I know but the difference between loads of my clothes fitting me and living in my stretchy ones at the min. was up early this morning with bit between my teeth reading the last 20 pages here and what a comfort to have you guys echo how I feel. so wish me luck

maggimay wrote: »
    sorry hadn't finished that just hit off wrong button. I have 8lb to lose being realistic but would prefer 12 having been there at goal before (ages ago) im 5'5 and currently 10'1 not loads to lose I know but the difference between loads of my clothes fitting me and living in my stretchy ones at the min. was up early this morning with bit between my teeth reading the last 20 pages here and what a comfort to have you guys echo how I feel. so wish me luck

Welcome back maggiemay wishing you all the best restarting your journey. Doesn't matter what you have to lose were all striving to achieve goal you will definitely find help and support here!

Im on route to weigh in and am expecting it to be ugly :( Update to follow!

Well there isn't a fear of me being down this week - but I'll suck it up and go to class anyway tomorrow night. Trying to be good today so fingers crossed! Hope everyone is getting on ok.

NSV - tried on a dress I bought a few weeks ago in the hope that it would fit me - it now does even though i've only lost 4.5lbs so far. Going to use that as my motivation to get back on track today and for rest of week!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

up 1 1/2lbs :(:(
    am disgusted, i like a number of you am finding it difficult to get my head into it - especially since i came back from holiday...

need a good boot up the a**e!

anyway, must do a fruit shop as i'm all out and need some in so i don't eat other crap!!

Lormuz wrote: »
    up 1 1/2lbs :(:(
    am disgusted, i like a number of you am finding it difficult to get my head into it - especially since i came back from holiday...

need a good boot up the a**e!

anyway, must do a fruit shop as i'm all out and need some in so i don't eat other crap!!

I was the same tonight up 1.5 :( thats two gains in a row the first time since rejoinin that's happened definitely the kick in the butt i need!

Back to basics tomorrow track , water and move move move!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Just joined WW for the first time today - realised a few weeks ago that I've gained a stone since January and I need something to give me a kick up the back side to lose it!
    I think lunch at work is where I fall down a lot - I'd be good for weeks and bring my own lunch in but then I'd get lazy and get a hot chicken roll from Spar or something terrible like that!

I dunno why, but I'm feeling a bit deflated the past few days. I keep thinking of how far I have to go and it's so daunting. I'm usually the one who says "take it one day at a time" but I just can't seem to take my own advice. I think it's because I realised the other day that it will take me another stone to be at the weight I was at 18 months ago. It's scary that I put on over 2 stone in that length of time. And even then I'll have such a long way to go! I was at home in my mam's at the weekend and have some gorgeous dresses there that I tried on and none of them fit me, not even close. I suppose when I do lose more weight it will be like having loads of new clothes, I'm just scared. I've tried to lose weight so many times and I've always stuck with it for a while and then failed. I feel like this is my last chance, if I fail this time I'm never going to do it :(

WI at 7pm and I really don't know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I was down 2lbs tonight :D I kind of cheated though. My TOTM is due and I could feel the bloating coming on today. I know it would be much worse by Thursday so my leader does another class on a Tuesday so decided to go to that today. I am glad I did as normally I am up the week of TOTM and I don't think I could take another gain.

Shellybelly I got back from holidays 4 weeks ago and I was down 2lbs. I then proceeded to gain 4.5lbs, 0.5lb and 6lbs in the last 3 weeks. That is a shocking amount gained in such a short period of time so I wouldn't worry yet about your 1.5lb gain. I will say that it was the kick I needed and I am in a much more positive mind frame and even with TOTM coming, my food is in control. It really is about going back to basics.

Welcome back Maggiemay.

ibarelycare if you give up now you will have so much further to go. You really do have to just stick with it. I realised that my mistake pre holidays was that I was making WW my life whereas now I'm fitting it into my life and I'm enjoying it. Does anyone you're close to know you're doing WW? While a few people know I'm doing WW, there's 2 friends that I talk to about it. They know the in's and out's of my struggle and are extremely supportive. Maybe you could talk to a friend and that might help you? I hope no matter what that you get past this feeling and it works out for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I dunno why, but I'm feeling a bit deflated the past few days. I keep thinking of how far I have to go and it's so daunting. I'm usually the one who says "take it one day at a time" but I just can't seem to take my own advice. I think it's because I realised the other day that it will take me another stone to be at the weight I was at 18 months ago. It's scary that I put on over 2 stone in that length of time. And even then I'll have such a long way to go! I was at home in my mam's at the weekend and have some gorgeous dresses there that I tried on and none of them fit me, not even close. I suppose when I do lose more weight it will be like having loads of new clothes, I'm just scared. I've tried to lose weight so many times and I've always stuck with it for a while and then failed. I feel like this is my last chance, if I fail this time I'm never going to do it :(

Hi there. I just wanted to say that I know how you feel. I have always struggled with yo yo ing. This time I want it to be different and I think it can be. A help to me at the start was dividing my clothes between those that fit and those that didnt. Those that didn't fit i put on the left of my wardrobe and clothes that fit i put on the the right (very few), with belts in the middle to divide them, after a time I could move clothes from the left to the right. It really helped to keep me on track. Every day i could see the difference in my choices, it was so motivational. Eventually I got that I could wear pretty much everything in my wardrobe and got to remove some when they got too big. That was a fab day.
    It isn't easy but as you know one day at a time. Changing my breakfast habit really helped me too. Flahavans jumbo oats with skimmed milk and a spoon of no added sugar jam really sustained me to lunch time. I never like porridge before.
    I have fallen off the wagon recently and am too struggling but I recently met a friend of mine. She has lost 9 stone. It's taken her 3 years and to me she is my inspiration. And this time it is for life so whether it takes me another year to lose another stone at least I am going in the right direction. I wish you well and you know you can do it!

Advertisement