Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

0.5lb down for me tonight. Delighted with that. Have lost the same the last 4 weeks. Slowly but surely, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I was down 2lbs tonight :D I kind of cheated though. My TOTM is due and I could feel the bloating coming on today. I know it would be much worse by Thursday so my leader does another class on a Tuesday so decided to go to that today. I am glad I did as normally I am up the week of TOTM and I don't think I could take another gain.

Shellybelly I got back from holidays 4 weeks ago and I was down 2lbs. I then proceeded to gain 4.5lbs, 0.5lb and 6lbs in the last 3 weeks. That is a shocking amount gained in such a short period of time so I wouldn't worry yet about your 1.5lb gain. I will say that it was the kick I needed and I am in a much more positive mind frame and even with TOTM coming, my food is in control. It really is about going back to basics.

Welcome back Maggiemay.

ibarelycare if you give up now you will have so much further to go. You really do have to just stick with it. I realised that my mistake pre holidays was that I was making WW my life whereas now I'm fitting it into my life and I'm enjoying it. Does anyone you're close to know you're doing WW? While a few people know I'm doing WW, there's 2 friends that I talk to about it. They know the in's and out's of my struggle and are extremely supportive. Maybe you could talk to a friend and that might help you? I hope no matter what that you get past this feeling and it works out for you :)

Thank you for your kind words! I know it seems pathetic but two gains in a row is really where i need to step back and say enough is enough! Iv got my food planned for rest of the week and my gym organised so no more excuses! Feel like iv been sayin that weeks on here but this is the final straw. the answer is not in the bag of munch i feel like mid week its simply not and i need to allow that to sink in so that I can succeed!

Well done you for getting back in the zone take the 2lbs with open arms ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

I dunno why, but I'm feeling a bit deflated the past few days. I keep thinking of how far I have to go and it's so daunting. I'm usually the one who says "take it one day at a time" but I just can't seem to take my own advice. I think it's because I realised the other day that it will take me another stone to be at the weight I was at 18 months ago. It's scary that I put on over 2 stone in that length of time. And even then I'll have such a long way to go! I was at home in my mam's at the weekend and have some gorgeous dresses there that I tried on and none of them fit me, not even close. I suppose when I do lose more weight it will be like having loads of new clothes, I'm just scared. I've tried to lose weight so many times and I've always stuck with it for a while and then failed. I feel like this is my last chance, if I fail this time I'm never going to do it :(
    Ibarelycare - terrible that you are down. WE CARE!!! We have all gone up and down. Good thing is that you know what to do!! Even better, even a '7' will allow you to fit into some of your 'old' clothes - now that is a good feeling. Track for tomorrow, you will feel better cos you will be in charge!! Don't be scared, like we are not allowed to fall - its called being human!! It would be worse if you were not trying and allowing the weight to increase. Not a nice feeling! And you are right, it is one day at a time!! Much easier that way!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

So haven't been on since my meltdown the other day and even though I wasn't properly pointing I was watching what I was eating. Anyway, went for WI tonight and was expecting a gain but I was down 2lb so was delighted and exactly what I needed!!

Starting tomorrow I am going to do a meal plan for the week and get loads of fruit - have been enjoying strawberries so much this week. The one's I got in Tesco over the weekend were just delicious - Irish strawberries really are the best in the world!!

Hope everyone has a good week x

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Thank you for your kind words! I know it seems pathetic but two gains in a row is really where i need to step back and say enough is enough! Iv got my food planned for rest of the week and my gym organised so no more excuses! Feel like iv been sayin that weeks on here but this is the final straw. the answer is not in the bag of munch i feel like mid week its simply not and i need to allow that to sink in so that I can succeed!

Well done you for getting back in the zone take the 2lbs with open arms ;)

That's how I felt about the gains and while it sucks to be it up, it really does help give you the kick you need. Like you I planned for the week and that's what resulted in my loss this evening. I also have planned for this coming week and I've loads of delicious recipes to try so can't wait. You have had a lot going on in the past few weeks so you will get through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

So I’ve had 2 good weeks (kind of – over by 10pp last week but that’s good for me at weekends!!).

I couldn’t face going to WI last week and I couldn’t make it last night but I have tracked a lot closer than I did all summer long! I am feeling so much better now that I am back on track eating proper food. Was down 2lb on my home scales this morning.

Going to up the exercise another bit and hopefully will get half a stone off by the end of September.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks again Duffy you are right planning is one of the key tools to success!

First day back on track! had some chocolate in work but tracked every bite got a walk in an a gym class.. feeling back in control!

One day at a time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ibarelycare if you give up now you will have so much further to go. You really do have to just stick with it. I realised that my mistake pre holidays was that I was making WW my life whereas now I'm fitting it into my life and I'm enjoying it. Does anyone you're close to know you're doing WW? While a few people know I'm doing WW, there's 2 friends that I talk to about it. They know the in's and out's of my struggle and are extremely supportive. Maybe you could talk to a friend and that might help you? I hope no matter what that you get past this feeling and it works out for you :)
    Hi there. I just wanted to say that I know how you feel. I have always struggled with yo yo ing. This time I want it to be different and I think it can be. A help to me at the start was dividing my clothes between those that fit and those that didnt. Those that didn't fit i put on the left of my wardrobe and clothes that fit i put on the the right (very few), with belts in the middle to divide them, after a time I could move clothes from the left to the right. It really helped to keep me on track. Every day i could see the difference in my choices, it was so motivational. Eventually I got that I could wear pretty much everything in my wardrobe and got to remove some when they got too big. That was a fab day.
    It isn't easy but as you know one day at a time. Changing my breakfast habit really helped me too. Flahavans jumbo oats with skimmed milk and a spoon of no added sugar jam really sustained me to lunch time. I never like porridge before.
    I have fallen off the wagon recently and am too struggling but I recently met a friend of mine. She has lost 9 stone. It's taken her 3 years and to me she is my inspiration. And this time it is for life so whether it takes me another year to lose another stone at least I am going in the right direction. I wish you well and you know you can do it!
    arisagain wrote: »
    Ibarelycare - terrible that you are down. WE CARE!!! We have all gone up and down. Good thing is that you know what to do!! Even better, even a '7' will allow you to fit into some of your 'old' clothes - now that is a good feeling. Track for tomorrow, you will feel better cos you will be in charge!! Don't be scared, like we are not allowed to fall - its called being human!! It would be worse if you were not trying and allowing the weight to increase. Not a nice feeling! And you are right, it is one day at a time!! Much easier that way!!:)

Thanks a million for the lovely posts, they actually were really encouraging and made me feel better :) I was just in a bit of a moany mood yesterday really. I have my WI tonight and I honestly have no idea how it will go. Food-wise I was pretty good this week (except for a bit of a blip on Sunday) but I didn't do any exercise at all. Plus last week I was down 4lbs after having a stomach bug so I'm not getting my hopes up for tonight! But even if I don't have a loss I know I'm doing well.

Just ordered a dress from Asos for a wedding I'm going to at the end of September and it's a size smaller than the last dress I bought. I'd love to be down another 1/2 stone by then (6 WI's between now and then, so it's doable!) :)

Thanks a million for the lovely posts, they actually were really encouraging and made me feel better :) I was just in a bit of a moany mood yesterday really. I have my WI tonight and I honestly have no idea how it will go. Food-wise I was pretty good this week (except for a bit of a blip on Sunday) but I didn't do any exercise at all. Plus last week I was down 4lbs after having a stomach bug so I'm not getting my hopes up for tonight! But even if I don't have a loss I know I'm doing well.

Just ordered a dress from Asos for a wedding I'm going to at the end of September and it's a size smaller than the last dress I bought. I'd love to be down another 1/2 stone by then (6 WI's between now and then, so it's doable!) :)

So glad you're feeling better. Even if you do have a small gain tonight, remember that you had a big gain last week and look at the total loss over 2 weeks.

Made a delicious moussaka so thought I'd share the recipe.
    Serves - 4
    ProPoints - 9pps per serving

Ingredients:
    40g low fat butter (4pps)
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    500g lean beef mince (12pps)
    1 can tomato purée
    Salt and pepper
    200g potatoes (4pps)
    1 large aubergine, sliced
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    200g tomatoes, peeled and sliced
    50g cheese, grated (3pps)
    1 egg yolk (2pps)
    For Cheese Sauce:
    20g low fat butter (2pps)
    25g plain flour (2pps)
    300ml slimline milk (3pps)
    Salt and pepper
    80g mature cheddar cheese, grated (5pps)

Method:
    Preheat oven to 180C.
    Heat half the butter in a saucepan. Add onion and fry until soft and brown. Add meat and cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
    Add tomato purée and season well. Put meat mixture in an oven proof dish and keep warm. Heat the remaining butter in the saucepan. Put in potatoes and fry until browned. Take out and arrange on top of the meat.
    Add the aubergine to the saucepan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes and pour over the potatoes.
    Start to prepare the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Take off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce. Return to the heat, stirring all the time and bring to boil. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and allow to melt. Don't re-boil the sauce.
    Stir in the egg yolk to the cheese sauce. Pour over the dish. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Take out and sprinkle cheese on top and bake for a further 5 minutes until well browned.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Weigh in this evening. I'm predicting 9lbs after my holidays. I fear I will be devastated this evening and I'm so tempted not to go. I badly need a kick in the arse to get back on track however, just going to have to face facts.

Just to say that all of your posts directed at ibarelycare really relate to how I'm feeling today, so thanks to ibarelycare and all the rest of you for sharing. It helps a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

Hi ibarelycare,
    don't worry you wouldn't be human if you didn't have a moany day sometimes. It's hard to be positive every day but as you say you are usually the day at a time kind so just keep that frame of mind, I always find if im struggling If I can make it to the end of the day having stuck to my points then that's a huge boost and each day you manage that you're winning and we are all hard on ourselves especially if we're feeling a bit down so congrats on ordering that dress in a smaller size THAT is progress and soon the new dress will be too large and those lovely ones at your mams will be fitting you

maggimay wrote: »
    Hi ibarelycare,
    don't worry you wouldn't be human if you didn't have a moany day sometimes. It's hard to be positive every day but as you say you are usually the day at a time kind so just keep that frame of mind, I always find if im struggling If I can make it to the end of the day having stuck to my points then that's a huge boost and each day you manage that you're winning and we are all hard on ourselves especially if we're feeling a bit down so congrats on ordering that dress in a smaller size THAT is progress and soon the new dress will be too large and those lovely ones at your mams will be fitting you

Thank you so much, that's lovely :)

Half pound down last night. I was absolutely delighted. All my running around at work experience must have paid off because I had a weird week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Missed WI again because of work! Grr! Well and truly back on track though today so just gonna plough straight into my new week. Have lunch already made for work tomorrow and gonna do a chicken stir fry tonight that will also do me two days. Gonna get out for a run tomorrow evening and Friday and hoping to make it to the park run in Lucan this Saturday - fingers crossed I won't get pulled into work again!

Well done to all the 'losers' out there this week. To the rest of us, start with the next meal and take it from there.

Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Down 1 lb today. Had a messy weekend so thrilled with this. Going to get moving this week on the walking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Got a bit of a raised eyebrow about my Macdonalds at my meeting today, but sure I lost 3 and a half pounds so I'm happy out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well shook things up this week and tried different meals.
    Did eat out twice and pulled back a few points from my dailies other days which I don't normally do, I just think ah I have 49 which in reality get used for my post weigh in treat.
    Something worked and I lost 4.5lb! Chuffed!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well shook things up this week and tried different meals.
    Did eat out twice and pulled back a few points from my dailies other days which I don't normally do, I just think ah I have 49 which in reality get used for my post weigh in treat.
    Something worked and I lost 4.5lb! Chuffed!! :-D

Fantastic well done

Well done to everyone! I was also down 1lb tonight so really happy with that :)

Yay, well done guys! Let's keep up the good work!

Had a really good day today. Had cereal for brekkie, a slimbo with salad for lunch, snacked on fruit and had a pork chop with potato and veg for dinner. I have 3 dailies left so I'm going to have a Cadbury's Option in a bit along with a snack. Also did a 6km walk and I'm feeling great. I'm going to drink no fizzy drinks if I can this week and try not to pick at biscuits and stuff. :)

• Advertisement

Well done hopefully the loss will give you the motivation to keep you going.

Well done everyone else, great losses this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Was up 4lb last week after 2 weeks in France, and was down 4lb this week after a serious week of hard work! Glad to be back where I was before going away, now have to keep going. 1lb to go to 10%, and 3lb to go to my halfway mark. I have 12 small goals to reach along the way while losing 3 stone. I think having smaller targets is quite motivational, because you're congratulating yourself often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Delighted for you. Well done! Need to stay on track myself this week. Lots going in but trying to make healthy choices!

So glad that you are feeling better!

So glad you're feeling better. Even if you do have a small gain tonight, remember that you had a big gain last week and look at the total loss over 2 weeks.

Made a delicious moussaka so thought I'd share the recipe.
    Serves - 4
    ProPoints - 9pps per serving

Ingredients:
    40g low fat butter (4pps)
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    500g lean beef mince (12pps)
    1 can tomato purée
    Salt and pepper
    200g potatoes (4pps)
    1 large aubergine, sliced
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    200g tomatoes, peeled and sliced
    50g cheese, grated (3pps)
    1 egg yolk (2pps)
    For Cheese Sauce:
    20g low fat butter (2pps)
    25g plain flour (2pps)
    300ml slimline milk (3pps)
    Salt and pepper
    80g mature cheddar cheese, grated (5pps)

Method:
    Preheat oven to 180C.
    Heat half the butter in a saucepan. Add onion and fry until soft and brown. Add meat and cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
    Add tomato purée and season well. Put meat mixture in an oven proof dish and keep warm. Heat the remaining butter in the saucepan. Put in potatoes and fry until browned. Take out and arrange on top of the meat.
    Add the aubergine to the saucepan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes and pour over the potatoes.
    Start to prepare the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Take off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce. Return to the heat, stirring all the time and bring to boil. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and allow to melt. Don't re-boil the sauce.
    Stir in the egg yolk to the cheese sauce. Pour over the dish. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Take out and sprinkle cheese on top and bake for a further 5 minutes until well browned.
    Duffy89, great recipe. Can you freeze it? Is the cheese low fat? Is egg really necessary (not a great fan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

:P Fantastic I bet you feel in a more positive frame of mind now, well done

Thanks guys, you're all so lovely :o

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

So. I was only up four pounds. Not nine. And I weighed in in the evening rather than my usual morning slot after a big lunch, so I'd say that contributed too. I stayed to class for the first time in ages (I'm normally racing off to work) and it was great. She was talking about holiday eating versus comfort eating-that people don't put on as much as they think normally on hols because your happy and busy - it's the comfort eating and the fear of going back to weigh in that tends to be damaging (as in, miserable I'm home, done loads if damage, no point now do ill just keep going). I'm so glad I went back and didn't stay away for another week. I'm feeling good and that four pounds will be gone in four weeks!

Well done on the losses everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Everyone is doing amazing on here, well done all! :)

Weigh in this evening after work. Slightly worried. Wasn't great for the weekend but was back on track monday and been good at tracking since. Hopefully I will STS, will be happy with that.

• Advertisement

Wow great losses everyone :D great results!!!!

I'm day 2 into my week, again im on the ball with my pp, did a 5k walk and a spin class too.. Have PT in the morning before work.. feeling back in control again!!

Thank the lord :D

Advertisement