Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

arisagain wrote: »
    Duffy89, great recipe. Can you freeze it? Is the cheese low fat? Is egg really necessary (not a great fan!)

Thanks. Sorry yeah the cheese is low fat cheese. I didn't freeze it but I googled it and it would seem that you can. I reckon you could leave the egg out as it's added to the sauce after it's made and I was kind of wondering myself why you add it.

I have had a great day today. I have my TOTM and normally I would cave and lose all control with food. Instead I did have a slip and had 3 milky way bars so I just juggled things around on my weekly plan and took the weeklies from another day. For the first time in months, I had fruit which really helped with the cravings. I couldn't drag myself to do any exercise but tomorrow is another day! To anyone struggling, just be patient it will fall into place eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Made a really tasty (and simple!) dinner tonight for 10pp. Breaded chicken breast (4pp for the chicken, egg white, and 1pp for about 10g of breadcrumbs), BNS chips (0pp for the BNS, used 2tsp of olive oil for 2pp), 100g of Aldi curry sauce (3pp) and some grilled peppers.

N9mK7td.jpg

Really felt like I was having something bold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, I went back to my weight watchers class tonight and it was truly the scale of shame as I was up 7 lb:o Anyway I am going to draw a line and really try and get back into it. The talk tonight was that it was only eighteen weeks to christmas and we all had to set a goal of what we would like to lose in the eighteen weeks.

Doodletoo and Duffy thanks for the support you gave after my last post.:)

Shelley I am glad that you seem to have got your mojo back, keep going.:)

Thanks all,

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Made a really tasty (and simple!) dinner tonight for 10pp. Breaded chicken breast (4pp for the chicken, egg white, and 1pp for about 10g of breadcrumbs), BNS chips (0pp for the BNS, used 2tsp of olive oil for 2pp), 100g of Aldi curry sauce (3pp) and some grilled peppers.

N9mK7td.jpg

Oh god after seeing that picture of your dinner I have a goo on me. Guess what I am having tomorrow:)

Thanks for posting the picture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Has anyone got the new Hairy Dieters cook book. I got it and have just spent the last 2 evenings going through every recipe working out the propoints like I did in my last one. The recipes look even better than the last one and im so excited to try some of them! Will report back on how I get on.

I have been a bit AWOL from here lately. Started a new job and just havent had time to post. I have been keeping track as best I can. Everyone is doing so well and for anyone struggling its great to see the support is here as always!

I'm still within my 5lbs of goal, but back up on the higher end. I have 6 weeks until my holiday and would love to lose 6lbs by then to get me just under goal. I am trying to eat as clean as possible, cutting out as much process foods as possible. Only on day 2, but its going well so far. Hoping I can stick with it for the whole 6 weeks....

Good luck with weigh ins everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

N9mK7td.jpg

YUM!! How did you do the BNS chips - how long in oven? Temp??

arisagain wrote: »
    YUM!! How did you do the BNS chips - how long in oven? Temp??

I put the whole squash in the microwave for about 2 mins to make it easier to chop. Then I peeled, deseeded (actually I ended up discarding the whole bottom bit in the end, there was more than enough in the top part) and sliced into thin chips. I'm not mad about the taste of BNS so that's why I cut them quite thinly, so they'll get crispy! I tossed them in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and some cumin (purple pawprint's suggestion!) then I spread them out on parchment on a baking tray. I actually used 2 trays and spread them out with loads of space between them so none were touching, that's the best way to make sure the outside gets crispy. Threw them in the oven on a high heat and had them on for about 30/35 mins, turning halfway. They may take longer if you cut them thicker so just keep an eye on them! They don't get overly crispy but the olive oil and high heat lets them lose the sogginess at least. Some got a little burnt at the edges but I like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well was down 3lbs at weigh in last night :) That brings me back to 1lb within my first stone again. There's no going back now once I hit that again. Was thrilled as since monday I finally feel like I'm back in the zone! It's been a bit of a struggle the last month or so. Think it was a combination of having so much going on and just giving up the ghost a bit as well. Planning a good weekend now, even though I'm going for a few drinks sat night, but saving 49 for that. Hope ye all have a brilliant weekend. Onwards & downwards :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi guys,
    i'm totally chuffed was down 1.5lbs after my first week and it's really only since Monday seeing as I was stupid enough to weigh in on a Friday before a really bold weekend away which was like the feast of the condemned. Reading all your posts all week definitely kept me on the straight and narrow so thanks everyone and congrats on all your losses this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Butternut squash chips -

Also, if you don't want to use the curry sause, a good way to add flavour is to sprinkle them with a cajun spice ( Schwartz do a nice one) and a bit of olive oil and oven cook for 30-40 minutes...
    delicious - I tend to have them with a bit of fish or a steak or whatever for a really low pp dinner, and as was said earlier, you feel like you are being bold!!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Clicked into the thread and decided to use up a BNS and make chips and curry for when I'm watching telly tonight. Definitely feels like something bold. The cumin is nice on them I think. I got it to use in omelettes and just tried it one day on my chips :)

Clicked into the thread and decided to use up a BNS and make chips and curry for when I'm watching telly tonight. Definitely feels like something bold. The cumin is nice on them I think. I got it to use in omelettes and just tried it one day on my chips :)

Speaking of cumin, I love making Indian curries from scratch and went to stock up on all my spices in an Asian supermarket this afternoon. Those places are amazing! Got all this for only €10.72.

I posted this on the FB page but those two Asian Home Gourmet sachets are only 3pp for the entire sachet, and they serve 4 (I'd use them for just 2 though!) They're available in Super Valu too. I got black pepper stir fry (which I've had before and I love, it's very spicy, and I have quite a high tolerance for heat!) and a Japanese curry. You just add meat, veg, a bit of oil and rice or noodles if you want. Really good value if you're looking to shake up your stir fries a bit!

I know I'm becoming a bit repetitive but I'm so proud of myself today. I caved in Superquinn today and bought doughnuts, caramel cakes, chocolate...you get the drift. Anyway after eating some of it :o the Weight Watcher in me came out and I gave the rest to my brother. I then went and pointed it and realised that I was still within my dailies and weeklies. So I just have to be good for the rest of the weekend but I'll take it a day at a time. A few weeks ago I would have scoffed the lot and just written the weekend off. I'm going to cinema tonight but I'm not going to bother getting anything as I'm not a big cinema muncher anyway.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Well done again to everyone who lost this week. Lets hope we all have a good week next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Just popping in with a quick question....

Anyone know the pp for the new McDonald's iced coffee caramel frappe?

Thanks in advance guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

The large one (22 fl Oz) is 17 from what I worked out but that sounds wrong doesn't it? Maybe someone would double check? I'm using the nutritional values on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

keesa wrote: »
    The large one (22 fl Oz) is 17 from what I worked out but that sounds wrong doesn't it? Maybe someone would double check? I'm using the nutritional values on their website

Oh CRIKEY! :(

An expensive treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Could be wrong though, the WW calculator uses grams, and the site uses fluid ounces- had to convert to grams, so I dunno. But then again, I suppose it is full of caramel and cream!

Will kill brother. He keeps eating my WW yoghurts!

Will kill brother. He keeps eating my WW yoghurts!

Oh I hear you. I do my own shopping and cook my own meal and yet everytime I go to the fridge someone has taken something of mine despite them being labelled! I figure if I keep nagging him then he won't touch it anymore!

• Advertisement

Everyone keeps eating my Twisters too! I bought 2 boxes (14 ice-pops) and I had 3!

Here's another recipe I tried yesterday. Absolutely delicious and only 13 points per serving. I had it with sweet potato and mashed carrots and swede.

Serves – 4
    ProPoints – 13pps per serving

Ingredients:
    4 lean beef steaks (16pps)
    150g goats cheese (12pps)
    1tsp rosemary
    1 lemon, zest only
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    4 rashers, visible fat removed (6pps)
    1 tbsp olive oil (4pps)
    400g sweet potato (10pps)
    30g low fat butter (3pps)
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:
    For the steaks, take the steaks out of the fridge an hour or so before cooking so that they are at room temperature.
    Crumble the cheese into a bowl, then add the rosemary, lemon zest and garlic.
    Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket horizontally in each steak, taking care not to cut all the way through the steak. Place one-quarter of the cheese stuffing into each pocket. Close the flap, and wrap a rasher of bacon around each steak, helping to seal the pocket. Secure with a cocktail stick.
    Rub olive oil over the steaks, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to season.
    Heat frying pan until hot and fry the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. For a 2.5cm/1in thick steak, 2-3 minutes per side will give you a rare steak, 3-4 minutes per side will give you a medium-rare steak; and 4-5 minutes per side will give you a medium to well-done steak.
    Peel, slice and boil the potatoes. Cook until soft and breaking. Drain and mash using butter and some salt.
    Serve the steaks with the sweet potatoes, drizzling some gravy over the sweet potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Hi Guys.. So I left ww back in April and the 4 months since i've left have been a disaster. At first I managed to stay quite healthy and continued my ways but I've now just gone completly off track and have on at leasat 1.5 of the 2 stone I lost. I've attempted to go back to class twice in the 4 months but never went back after first WI. I'm really annoyed at myself for letting it get so bad and put the weight back on. In need of a serious kick to get back into things. I'm going to go back to class this wednesday but really need to get my head in the game. Anyone who's been in a similar situation have any tips please?

Everyone keeps eating my Twisters too! I bought 2 boxes (14 ice-pops) and I had 3!

Super splits for me but he actually replaced those as he did feel bad as he ate them all!
    Katie7192 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.. So I left ww back in April and the 4 months since i've left have been a disaster. At first I managed to stay quite healthy and continued my ways but I've now just gone completly off track and have on at leasat 1.5 of the 2 stone I lost. I've attempted to go back to class twice in the 4 months but never went back after first WI. I'm really annoyed at myself for letting it get so bad and put the weight back on. In need of a serious kick to get back into things. I'm going to go back to class this wednesday but really need to get my head in the game. Anyone who's been in a similar situation have any tips please?

Hi Katie, I was in a similar situation as you where I had lost 2 stone, left when I got complacent with my weight and put it all back on and more. Did you reach goal or did you leave before goal? Definitely go back to your meeting and make sure the leader is good. If you can try a few classes until you find a leader you like. Stay for the meetings as honestly they are what keeps you going. Take it a day at a time and don't try to change everything at once. Forget about the last time and go back to basics, learn about the plan, point all your favourite foods, search online for recipes that you will eat and point them. Getting the food side of things right is so important and the best advice I was ever given is to spend the first few weeks sorting out my tracker. If you eat foods now that you would eat when you get to goal, it will be so much easier. Plan your week in advance that way you won't get caught out. Once you get that sorted then things like exercise, giving up things etc will be much easier. Hope it all works out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Duffy89 wrote: »

Hi Katie, I was in a similar situation as you where I had lost 2 stone, left when I got complacent with my weight and put it all back on and more. Did you reach goal or did you leave before goal? Definitely go back to your meeting and make sure the leader is good. If you can try a few classes until you find a leader you like. Stay for the meetings as honestly they are what keeps you going. Take it a day at a time and don't try to change everything at once. Forget about the last time and go back to basics, learn about the plan, point all your favourite foods, search online for recipes that you will eat and point them. Getting the food side of things right is so important and the best advice I was ever given is to spend the first few weeks sorting out my tracker. If you eat foods now that you would eat when you get to goal, it will be so much easier. Plan your week in advance that way you won't get caught out. Once you get that sorted then things like exercise, giving up things etc will be much easier. Hope it all works out for you :)

Thanks for the advice Duffy! I really think forgetting about last time and starting fresh as if its my first time might work! That was I wont feel so guilty! Yea I think I really need to sort out my foood and plan in advance because the past few weeks I've just been binge eating! When I left my leader was on maternity leave and I found I wasn't as motivated with her replacement! I think I will go back to my original class this week and try that out for a few week! Thanks :)

This was my first weekend in months without a night out so was feeling good about it...but ruined it all today :( Met some friends for lunch, went to a lovely restaurant (777 in Dublin) and had two tapas dishes and two cocktails. Wasn't even thinking about WW when ordering food. Then after that went to a few different pubs and had 4 glasses of wine. I used up the majority of my 49 over Friday and Saturday night between a couple of glasses of wine and some chocolate (treat since I wasn't going out :rolleyes:) so didn't have enough to cover today. I'm home now and my housemate (who was out with me) is ordering an Indian but at least I've managed to say no. Even though all I had to eat today was lunch, I'm not hungry but I know wine munches will hit me soon. So I'd love an Indian!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Oh hear I am, back again!

I have a wedding in 4 weeks! Hoping I can do as much as I can in those 4 weeks!

Looking forward to keeping up with all the posts, AGAIN =)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

This was my first weekend in months without a night out so was feeling good about it...but ruined it all today :( Met some friends for lunch, went to a lovely restaurant (777 in Dublin) and had two tapas dishes and two cocktails. Wasn't even thinking about WW when ordering food. Then after that went to a few different pubs and had 4 glasses of wine. I used up the majority of my 49 over Friday and Saturday night between a couple of glasses of wine and some chocolate (treat since I wasn't going out :rolleyes:) so didn't have enough to cover today. I'm home now and my housemate (who was out with me) is ordering an Indian but at least I've managed to say no. Even though all I had to eat today was lunch, I'm not hungry but I know wine munches will hit me soon. So I'd love an Indian!!

Forget about it, you have to live and enjoy life too! Start of a new week today. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

:(oh I hear you i'm in exactly the same pickle used up all mine fri and sat too and had unexpected day out yesterday and had flapjack wine and chips, oops aero too. and I was so proud of my first weeks loss and the fact I'd actually planned and kept my 49 for fri and sat for first time in months I thought I had it all sorted but first unexpected thing catches me so just goes to show im not as sorted as I thought. Anyway lesson learned so have to eat humble pie (pp free) and eat very carefully til weigh in fri. Started this morn an hour's cycling for my sins so my advice to you (and myself) is forget about yesterday and lets focus on the week. Good luck;)

• Advertisement

Thanks girls, yeah I've definitely drawn a line under it and am back on track today. My WI is on Wednesday so I don't have a huge amount of time to do damage control but I'll try my best :)

Also very broke until payday on Thursday so have feck all money to spend on food anyway :D

Advertisement