Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So day 1 back on we is going good so far :) have Made a rough plan for the week and got in some food! Determined to stay on track! My biggest test will be in work as I work in a shop and I'm always tempted by sweets Etc more out of boredom than anything else..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Tomorrow is my birthday so we're having chinese for dinner. I also have WI so dinner will be after that :p

I think I should be ok this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello.. well my week went well I have been active most days and I used most my weeklies as had few meals out but healthy enough haven't had nay binges or anything :D I had a peek at the gym yesterday :/ so I really dunno how my Weigh in tonight will go!!

I am excited about going home to have excess to all the great low pp irish products :D and I am getting a puppy when i get back to so no walking excuses :D

I want to be 75kg going to Thailand I weighed in at 79.4kg last week.. Hoping for 77.9kg tonight but that a big ask ... Start praying now i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Haven't posted in a while, was away on hols and gained 2lbs, a miracle considering the amount of indulgence that took place!!! Was really good this week, tracked daily, used 45 weeklies and managed to lose 4lbs- so happy!!!

Any tips on how to survive Electric Picnic this weekend?? Gonna enjoy it but would love to limit the damage if at all possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I still on track - Hurray!! (week 3). Disappointed I can't make my WI tonight coz I know I'm down a pound or two. Will stick at it and hopefully I'll be able to go to WI next week and be down again! Managed to stick within my weeklies this week - a first ever! but I'm out for dinner twice this week so fingers crossed I wont go mad on food and drink...I always think when I'm out I'm out & I'll eat & drink what I want. Need to control that!

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Natmus wrote: »
    I still on track - Hurray!! (week 3). Disappointed I can't make my WI tonight coz I know I'm down a pound or two. Will stick at it and hopefully I'll be able to go to WI next week and be down again! Managed to stick within my weeklies this week - a first ever! but I'm out for dinner twice this week so fingers crossed I wont go mad on food and drink...I always think when I'm out I'm out & I'll eat & drink what I want. Need to control that!

Good luck everyone

I'm the same! I track meticulously until I'm out somewhere, then I'm like "Ah it's grand, I've been good up til now" :rolleyes::D I don't eat out that often, maybe once every couple of weeks, but when I do, I don't even think of my propoints!

I've my WI tomorrow, I know this isn't the way to follow the plan, but between yesterday, today and tomorrow I've been trying to claw back some of the damage done on Sunday by reducing my PP each day :o I have an allowance of 35, yesterday I ate 27 and am planning on doing the same today. On Wednesdays before my WI I always eat quite lightly anyway (fruit for breakfasts, and a low PP wrap for lunch). I've never done this before and I know it's not really *right* to do but I'm hoping it will make a bit of difference! I would really like a loss on the scales this week as I'm going away with my boyfriend on Saturday for 3 nights and I'm definitely going to enjoy myself (this is our "summer" holidays!).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I've my WI tomorrow, I know this isn't the way to follow the plan, but between yesterday, today and tomorrow I've been trying to claw back some of the damage done on Sunday by reducing my PP each day :o I have an allowance of 35, yesterday I ate 27 and am planning on doing the same today. On Wednesdays before my WI I always eat quite lightly anyway (fruit for breakfasts, and a low PP wrap for lunch). I've never done this before and I know it's not really *right* to do but I'm hoping it will make a bit of difference! I would really like a loss on the scales this week as I'm going away with my boyfriend on Saturday for 3 nights and I'm definitely going to enjoy myself (this is our "summer" holidays!).

I did that this week as well. While its not right, at the end of the week you've still eaten the same amount of points so its not too bad as long as you're not doing it every week. Also don't think you can go under 26 at all so just something to keep in mind.

I took a sneak peek at the scales and it seems to bd moving in the right direction. I was worried it would be the same or up. I'm actually looking forward to my meeting on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

I haven't posted for a few weeks. Had a STS and a gain of .5 but happy to say that I had a loss of 2 lbs on Monday night even after it being my birithday and having eaten out twice during the week.
    For me, my biggest salvation is the WW Journal. I fill it out like somone is going to be reading it every week. My leader passes around a journal in class each week for a different person to take home and I found the week I had it it really made me focus on what I was putting in my mouth. It's all about honesty and being alert to what your right hand is putting in your mouth. My right hand was moving too much and now I have control over it.
    Good luck to everyone this week and keep posting. I love reading all the posts and get inspired by you all. Hugs to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Tomorrow is my birthday so we're having chinese for dinner. I also have WI so dinner will be after that :p

I think I should be ok this week.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the chinese:)

Happy birthday PP!

• Advertisement

Thank you guys :)

Intouch44 - I'm heading to EP as well. I live in the area so I'm going to have my usual breakfast and head up then, I'm not camping. I'm going to bring some fruit and maybe some coke zero. I'll have food there at some stage and that'll be my dinner so to speak. I won't be drinking much. Do lots of walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Matteroffact

I apologise if this question has been discussed before but I haven't time to read over pages of posts. Does anyone know the names of the bottles of wine that only have 12 pro points per bottle other than the WW bottle. How does one gauge how many pp in wine? Many thanks.

Happy birthday Purple Pawprints. Good luck with your weigh in, hopefully you'll get a good result at weigh in as a birthday present. Enjoy your chinese you deserve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I apologise if this question has been discussed before but I haven't time to read over pages of posts. Does anyone know the names of the bottles of wine that only have 12 pro points per bottle other than the WW bottle. How does one gauge how many pp in wine? Many thanks.

I got a list from a WW meeting at Xmas. Banrock Station 750 ml is 12. 5.5% alcohol. First cape 750 ml is 11 and also 5.5% alcohol. I didn't like either and would prefer to use more points on a half decent bottle! One of the books tells how much an average bottle is. I can't recall exactly but I think it was 19 pp for a whole bottle. Can't be fully sure but if I find the book will post later.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

WI tonight, stayed the same. I'm so dissappointed. I keep thinking up excuses, but I suppose the real answer is just I ate too much :( next week is going to have to be tough. Everything is up in the air at the moment though because I'll be moving to Dublin for a little while before I come home, and then back up so I dunno how I'll manage.

I was 2lbs down, absolutely delighted! Really enjoyed my chinese. Back to basics tomorrow. I'm going to be really good so I have my weeklies for the Electric Picnic at the weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

My 6 week challenge started with a bang and was down 2lbs. All ready and set for the week with my meal plan and super determination!! Well done everyone who's weighed in so far and best if luck to those with WI's to come!

Happy Birthday PP and congrats on the loss x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marmaladeheels

Great thread guys, EXACTLY what i need!!

I'm starting WW tommorow for the first time, really worried as i have tried so many things but just lose heart a couple of weeks in. I then get depressed at how i have failed again so i am really really hoping this works out for me this time.

Great reading through your day to day stuff, that's where the work is i suppose. I have about two stone to lose so i'm going to try do it slowly and steadily as to REALLY keep it off. Mid 20's now, can't keep moaning about this forever, gotta get up, get going and get happier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Welcome Marmaladeheels.. good luck starting your journey you will find inspiration here I promise ya :D

Happy Birthday PP :D and well done on the loss!!

I am pleased to announce that I did it I got to 77.9kg ahhh joy!! 1.5kg down... ahhhh delighted just what i needed!!

Major week ahead thou with a lunch out Friday and my Farewell drinks friday night so I will be trying to kick ass in the gym to save myself!

STS this week. Naturally I'm disappointed but after a bad Sunday, I could have had a gain :) Going to Achill Island on Saturday for 3 nights with my boyfriend and, while I will enjoy myself, I'm gonna try my best to be sensible. Gonna rent bikes and be outside as much as possible so at least that will be something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Soooo. My sister is down and we sank a lot of wine last night, with my weigh in at 9am this morning!! Very sure it would negatively affect me, but I was down a lb! Delighted with that, slowly and steadily ill get that three week holiday 4lbs off soon :-)

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So went back to class tonight and the scales told me what I already knew. About 1 1/2 up but still 7lb down on what I originally was so I'm trying to be positive about that. Gonna sit down now and make my food plan for the rest of the week! Determined to make this work! Good luck with the wi's!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Down one and a half today.. Very happy as I have been out of routine the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Weigh in tonight, not sure what to expect. Been good all week but the weekend wasn't great. Having said that, I wasn't as bold as I had been other weekends! Going to have to see what happens. 7 weeks til my friends wedding so hope to lose half a stone, anything more would be a bonus :)
    Well done everyone on the losses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi All, I went to my weigh in this morning and I was down two n half pounds:) am so delighted to be back on track.

Congrats on all the great weight losses and to anyone who is struggling just keep going.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Down 1.5lbs today. I know it's a good loss but I am a bit disappointed as I really wanted my first silver seven next week but I'll have to lose 3.5lbs now and not sure how possible that will be. I've a night out on Saturday but have all my weeklies for it so hopefully will be able to keep on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Just joined WW again! feeling really motivated so hopefully that will continue!
    I was really successful the first time in 2008-over 3 stone! back to square one well actually square one plus 7lbs!!
    Downloaded an app for calculating points and I found a usefull document with points for a huge amount of foods listed but can someone tell me is there no calculator included in the pack you get from leader?? from what I remember it used to be a wheel thing that was a bit awkward to use??

eok56 wrote: »
    Just joined WW again! feeling really motivated so hopefully that will continue!
    I was really successful the first time in 2008-over 3 stone! back to square one well actually square one plus 7lbs!!
    Downloaded an app for calculating points and I found a usefull document with points for a huge amount of foods listed but can someone tell me is there no calculator included in the pack you get from leader?? from what I remember it used to be a wheel thing that was a bit awkward to use??

The calculation for points is based on 4 factors now - protein, carbs, fat and fibre - so it's difficult to show using a chart. Just use the calculator you downloaded, or there's also a calculator on the WW website too. I thought I'd be lost without having my chart with me, but thanks to smart phones I find it much easier than before! After a couple of weeks you'll know the PP for all your "regular" foods anyway :)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

The calculation for points is based on 4 factors now - protein, carbs, fat and fibre - so it's difficult to show using a chart. Just use the calculator you downloaded, or there's also a calculator on the WW website too. I thought I'd be lost without having my chart with me, but thanks to smart phones I find it much easier than before! After a couple of weeks you'll know the PP for all your "regular" foods anyway :)

Best of luck!

Thanks!! Not that I would use it anyway just searched the book from start to finish looking at it, I was on pro points before and had one I'm sure or has the way it is calculated changed again since the programme changed to pro points.

• Advertisement

eok56 wrote: »
    Thanks!! Not that I would use it anyway just searched the book from start to finish looking at it, I was on pro points before and had one I'm sure or has the way it is calculated changed again since the programme changed to pro points.

Oh sorry, then I'm not sure. I did PP before a couple of years ago but I can't remember if I had a chart or not! It hasn't changed again since then though :)

Advertisement