Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Do people plan their week's dinners at the start of the week? If so anyone care to give a sample menu?
    I'm not home until late three nights a week (between Mon and Fri) so I think to kick start the loss again I need to take dinners in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Do people plan their week's dinners at the start of the week? If so anyone care to give a sample menu?
    I'm not home until late three nights a week (between Mon and Fri) so I think to kick start the loss again I need to take dinners in hand.

I do as it means I'm less likely to get caught out or get take-away. It is really useful especially if you have nights where you are home late. Also great for shopping as you know what you need! If I have time at the weekends, I would cook meals and freeze them so they're quick and handy for nights I'm home late. So samples of meals I have are; poached eggs and roasted veg with steak, risotto, chicken stir-fry, beef and bacon champ, spaghetti bolognese and omelettes are all my week night dinners. Weekends I try new recipes and things like quiches or homemade burgers and chips. When I rejoined I took the time to go through recipe books and online sites/blogs for meal ideas as you will get bored with the foods you eat and there's some great quick and easy recipes online as well.
    eok56 wrote: »
    Thanks!! Not that I would use it anyway just searched the book from start to finish looking at it, I was on pro points before and had one I'm sure or has the way it is calculated changed again since the programme changed to pro points.

Yeah there was a wheel but I think they got rid of it as it was really awkward to use and confusing. The WW site has a calculator on it now and there's loads of apps you can use. Good look with restarting. I also restarted with a stone more than the last time. It's tough going but when you know what it feels like to have the weight off it helps you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

The first(and most successful) week, I made all my dinners on the first night, and froze them in portion sizes so I could just take them out and eat with no effort which was great because I'm always exhausted when I come home from work and I hate chopping vegetables!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

another question,

If you want to go to a meeting at a different venue how does it work in terms of missed weeks,

If I change from a Tuesday to a Friday, it will be ten days between the two meetings, will this count as a missed week or will it just continue as normal??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

eok56 wrote: »
    another question,

If you want to go to a meeting at a different venue how does it work in terms of missed weeks,

If I change from a Tuesday to a Friday, it will be ten days between the two meetings, will this count as a missed week or will it just continue as normal??

Won't be a missed week at all. Once you weigh in once a week on any day between Monday and Sunday you don't have any missed weeks!

• Advertisement

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks! On that note too, can anyone recommend a meeting in Dublin (centre preferably) I've to be there next week and all the meetings seem to be at lunch time! Otherwise I'll have to go at the weekend, but I'm really anxious to do my weigh in!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

I know there's a meeting on a Wednesday at 5.30 on abbey street. I've never been but I am looking up new meetings in the city as I start a new job next month and won't make it home in time for my class! I've no idea what it's like but it seems to be the most central evening class!

Had a great first week back on ww! Pointed absolutely everything and resisted a Chinese last night! I joined a class last Wednesday but I'm going to a different class tonight to weigh in so hoping that only have 5 days instead of 7 won't make too much of a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I had a good weekend. Stayed within my points, no alcohol, plenty of exercise. I had used my weekly points during the week as I ate out twice. Was really disappointed when I stood on the scales this morning as I was up 2lb. So annoyed as I was sure I'd be a further 2lb down!

Natmus wrote: »
    I had a good weekend. Stayed within my points, no alcohol, plenty of exercise. I had used my weekly points during the week as I ate out twice. Was really disappointed when I stood on the scales this morning as I was up 2lb. So annoyed as I was sure I'd be a further 2lb down!

This has happened to me before but my leader always says a good week never passes us by and you should see results on the scales in the coming weeks!

So first WI in tonight since I'm back and I was down 3lb! Delighted! This was exactly the push I needed! Determined to do well and keep with this!

Don't forget as well that muscle weighs more than fat. So exercise can build muscle slowing your loss, but you will look better and healthier from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

keesa wrote: »
    Don't forget as well that muscle weighs more than fat. So exercise can build muscle slowing your loss, but you will look better and healthier from it.

This is not true well not at least to have an impact in only a week,.. you would want to be doing ALOT of exercise in a week for it to have even a tiny impact on your muscle weight.. Unfortunately it takes longer to it to occur and is a very difficult process!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

This is not true well not at least to have an impact in only a week,.. you would want to be doing ALOT of exercise in a week for it to have even a tiny impact on your muscle weight.. Unfortunately it takes longer to it to occur and is a very difficult process!

Have to agree with you also it is next to impossible to gain muscle on a calorie deficit bodybuilders ect eat a ton of extra calories a day and even then they only expect to gain a kilo of muscle a month if there lucky and also women find it a lot harder to gain muscle then men cause testerone is needed and we just haven't enough it can be done but serious amount of heavy weight lifting and high protein diet needed

Also I remember my leader saying that if you were exercising a lot you needed to eat extra as your body need more food to survive and if you didn't eat the extra points that your body would store fat in fear that it wouldn't get more food.

Also I remember my leader saying if you did a lot of exercise that you needed to eat some of the extra points you were earning as your body needs the extra food for energy and if you didn't eat extra you could put on weight as a result because your body will store fat instead of burning it!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

up 3lbs after EP! have a few quiet weeks coming up so hoping to get a few decent losses this month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey everyone. I'm delighted with only being up 2lbs after both eating chinese last Tuesday for my birthday AND thoroughly enjoying EP at the weekend. I had 2lbs down the week before so I'm back where I was the week before that. I hope to have it lost within the next couple of weeks. Need to be good and stop picking! Onwards and downwards. Hope everyone is well!

So yesterday was fine u til last night when I lost it and went on a binge! I was contemplating just not tracking and starting a fresh today but u did actually track it this morning and had to take 29 weeklies but I'm back on track now! Here's to a good week for the rest of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Katie7192 wrote: »
    I know there's a meeting on a Wednesday at 5.30 on abbey street. I've never been but I am looking up new meetings in the city as I start a new job next month and won't make it home in time for my class! I've no idea what it's like but it seems to be the most central evening class!

Had a great first week back on ww! Pointed absolutely everything and resisted a Chinese last night! I joined a class last Wednesday but I'm going to a different class tonight to weigh in so hoping that only have 5 days instead of 7 won't make too much of a difference!

I go to the Abbey Street meeting at a Tuesday lunchtime and it's great. Mick is the leader and he's very good, really encouraging and always a bit of fun!
    I think the leaders are different for each of the different time meetings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

Love this time of year, its like a new term at school, full of good intentions and promises to ones self. I am half a pound off my first stone so looking forward to the routine now that all the summer holidays are over. Now to go and find the gym gear that has not been used for 4 months!! Have been playing lots of golf so dont feel to guilty.
    Please please let me reach one stone off next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Its been so quiet on here lately! Hope everyone is doing well. 2 weeks into my pre holiday challenge and I'm on track to the 6lb target! Also got a surprise this week that they sent my story around on the weight watchers email and posted it on the website! Was so excited by it. The added pressure helps keeping me on track too! Heres to another week!

• Advertisement

I went to the one on Abby st at 5:30 in the end. She was great. I'm working miles away and no way was I going to be able to go at lunch! Thanks for the recommendation though :)

Down 4 pounds! That means only half a pound til I reach the one stone target! DELIGHTED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I have just come back from my weigh in and I was 3lb down so am delighted:). Only one & half to go to get rid of holiday weight.

Everyone is doing so well keep going. Onwards and Downwards!

Well today was awful pointswise! Work ruined me! Cupcakes and sausage rolls! with CREAM CHEESE ICING?! What was I thinking!! Into my weeklies already and I haven't even had dinner yet- and I'm eating out... I can tell you now, I'll be out jogging this week to earn that back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

keesa wrote: »
    Well today was awful pointswise! Work ruined me! Cupcakes and sausage rolls! with CREAM CHEESE ICING?! What was I thinking!! Into my weeklies already and I haven't even had dinner yet- and I'm eating out... I can tell you now, I'll be out jogging this week to earn that back!

I have to say Cream Cheese Icing sounds yummy:), I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from eating that either. Just go out tonight and enjoy your meal and then put a line under it and start again tomorrow.

I am exactly the same I cant always say no but I think once you try most of the time it should work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

I haven't posted in ages so just wanted to say hi :-). Been absolutely up the walls had a wedding last weekend and was up 2lbs at my WI - oops. to be fair I didn't help myself between getting tan etc done during the week I made no time for exercising and even though I didn't really drink that much at the wedding - 3 glasses of wine, obviously the lack of movement (lol) affected it. Still 20lbs down in total so that is motivation enough for me to hop right back on the wagon :-)

Anyway back on track this week hopefully I've been to a couple of Zumba classes and spin (nearly killed me!!) and I'm being so good with my points haven't touched my weeklies yet so hopefully Ill be able to have a treat at the weekend - maybe a Chinese and a glass of wine? :-)

On spinning I think I actually bruised my butt (excuse my terminology there lol) Does anyone know if you should go back the next day or leave it a day or so for it to not be so bad and go again? I couldn't do the standing up on the bike bits and I genuinely don't think I could sit on the bike today - i'm barely able to sit at my desk (totally tmi sorry lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

*waves sheepishly*

I haven't posted in a little while. I went away for a few nights last Saturday to Achill. Stayed in a guesthouse with the most amazing food, especially the breakfasts. I was a bit of a glutton :D Did a good bit of walking though, and only actually had breakfast and dinner each day because the breakfasts were so big and we ate them quite late (in fairness, I only had a fry one day! The other days I had fresh fruit, and then scrambled eggs with smoked duck - although I ate tonnes of fresh bread and real butter :o), but enjoyed a few drinks each night and didn't really think about WW. I intended to go to my WI on Wednesday morning but slept in! I had slept really badly the night before and slept right through my alarm. I couldn't make the evening one as I had dinner plans with a friend. I intended to be back on track yesterday but I made some caramel squares for work and I've been picking at those, as well as eating loads of the chocolate when I was baking. Also brought some chocolate cake to a friend for his birthday last night and had a big slice :rolleyes: Anyway just going to try my hardest from now until next Wednesday and see how I get on. I have a wedding on the 28th September so I'd love to be down another 3 or 4lbs by then :)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Feeling pretty fed up and wanting to eat basically everything in sight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

Feeling pretty fed up and wanting to eat basically everything in sight. :(

Im right there with you!!!!! Sorry that was no help at all!!

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Im right there with you!!!!! Sorry that was no help at all!!

Ah no, at least now I know I'm not the only one. I'm staying upstairs because there's no food up here!

• Advertisement

Ah no, at least now I know I'm not the only one. I'm staying upstairs because there's no food up here!

Maybe try cutting up an apple? Lots of smallish segments to make you feel like youre eating more and no points. And maybe a cup of tea?

I'm still up pointing... Need to know how much running I need to do to get back on track :/

Advertisement