Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I had a cup of tea.. Thank goodness. I had a Cadbury's Option then. I don't think I did too badly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ate a ridiculous amount today :( Not going to WI on Wednesday really knocked me for six. I have so little self-discipline, feeling really annoyed at myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Has anyone gone to a bagenalstown meeting? I live between Kerry and Carlow and am thinking of trying a meeting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Does anyone know the proper name of the WW propoints calculator app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I spun the dial on the scales today. It went OFF the other end. I nearly puked down on top of it. Drove to my parents house to check with theirs & by the time I'd got there I'd apparently lost 2 stone. drove back to my house where my scales told me I was a reassuring 9 stone. ( which I havn't been since I was 9). Am now torn between remorse, wily satisfaction & despair. time to start pointing again : (

• Advertisement

Bit of a NSV for me this morning. One of my colleagues was away for a week, and she came back this morning and looked at me and goes "You've lost weight"... I'm not able to take compliments at all so I just blushed and said "A little bit" and then changed the subject. I was delighted though! She's the first person who doesn't know that I'm doing WW who has noticed/commented on my weight loss :) Definitely given me a bit of a boost after feeling a bit crap the past few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Bit of a NSV for me this morning. One of my colleagues was away for a week, and she came back this morning and looked at me and goes "You've lost weight"... I'm not able to take compliments at all so I just blushed and said "A little bit" and then changed the subject. I was delighted though! She's the first person who doesn't know that I'm doing WW who has noticed/commented on my weight loss :) Definitely given me a bit of a boost after feeling a bit crap the past few days.

The same thing has been happening to me since the kids went back to school, the other mothers are starting to notice that I have lost a little weight:) It makes you feel good and helps you keep going.

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Same here...I also had to buy new jeans on Saturday. I was 16 and tried on 14 which was baggy - ended up buying a size 12 skinny jeans!!!! Bought a medium size top to go with them, normally it would be large or XL that I would bring to the changing room. Felt great!!

Lucky you! The only one who's commented on mine is my mother. She knows I'm on ww but doesn't approve so her comments aren't always positive. Especially now I'm almost there. I think she thinks I'll get too thin. Bmi has just reached healthy so I'm trying to focus on facts

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Well done to all of you! I got asked would I not go out for walk, by my mother the other day. In fairness it is obvious that I gained quite a bit of weight in such a short time and she didn't mean it in a mean way! Keesa why doesn't you mum like you doing WW? I'd have thought it was a good thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

It's great when the weight-loss comments start rolling in. :) The first weeks are often the hardest because you've not yet lost enough weight for people to notice so wonder if you're making any progress at all. So when the comments start coming, it's so motivating, in my experience at least. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Natmus wrote: »
    Same here...I also had to buy new jeans on Saturday. I was 16 and tried on 14 which was baggy - ended up buying a size 12 skinny jeans!!!!

Did you do a little happy dance in the changing room? Admit it, you did! :pac:

keesa wrote: »
    Lucky you! The only one who's commented on mine is my mother. She knows I'm on ww but doesn't approve so her comments aren't always positive. Especially now I'm almost there. I think she thinks I'll get too thin. Bmi has just reached healthy so I'm trying to focus on facts

Don't mind what other people think. Lately all I seem to be getting is "Oh you have enough lost, you don't want to look sick..." :rolleyes:

I'll admit it, I did when I fit into size 12s too! I also got a bit emotional.. :o

"Now you've done it for a while you can stop." "You're too young to be yoyo dieting" etc. It's hard to explain that it's not a few months kind of thing, I'm not planning on putting the weight back on.

"Now you've done it for a while you can stop." "You're too young to be yoyo dieting" etc. It's hard to explain that it's not a few months kind of thing, I'm not planning on putting the weight back on.

Yes, thank you! That's what I keep telling people! It's actually starting to get a little bit irritating. "Ah if you lose more we won't be able to see you when you turn sideways!" :mad:

It's pretty obvious too that I'm not starving myself too. It's really getting at my head. Im starting to wonder if I will look too thin when I get to my goal

It's pretty obvious too that I'm not starving myself too. It's really getting at my head. Im starting to wonder if I will look too thin when I get to my goal

I have actually been wondering this lately.

I've got 18.5lbs to go to goal and all I've been hearing from people is that I'll be too thin at 8.5 stone. I'm very short, I'm only 4ft 11 and my BMI will be 24 when I'm at goal.

:confused:

I was about a stone away last week, I'd say I'm a bit more this week. I really did terribly this week. I think I'll wait to the half stone mark and see what I think. I'd say if I went to the full goal I'd be a size 8-10. I'm between a 10 and a 12 now

I was about a stone away last week, I'd say I'm a bit more this week. I really did terribly this week. I think I'll wait to the half stone mark and see what I think. I'd say if I went to the full goal I'd be a size 8-10. I'm between a 10 and a 12 now

I'd say I'm going to be about the same. I'm at the stage where 12 is getting loose which is great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

In the changing room, the shop, the street....in fact I'm still doing it!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

So I joined back weight watchers tonight 7 weeks after having my baby and I'm up 3 stone! I'm disgusted. I thought breast feeding was meant to make you skinny :-)

Just sitting waiting for my wi this week. I Just know I'm up after the pig out this week. I had been so good the week before. I even cut out carbs at dinner (Not like I need them for lying in bed for 8 hours). My good wi treat went week long though. I need to get strict again. I'd love to reach my goal for graduation/birthday in November

So I joined back weight watchers tonight 7 weeks after having my baby and I'm up 3 stone! I'm disgusted. I thought breast feeding was meant to make you skinny :-)

You had a baby so don't be so hard on yourself. You've made the first step by joining so look to the future now and take it a week at a time :)

Down 3lbs tonight at weigh in delighted as I stayed the same last week.

Regarding the comments, I am looking forward to when I get comments don't care if they're sarky as it would mean I'm doing something right :D

Delighted with myself tonight. After putting up 2lbs last week because I ate all around me at Electric Picnic I lost 1.5lbs this week! 4lbs more to my 50lb cert!

Unfortunately I have to find myself a new class because my own is being closed due to low numbers along with a few more. :(

Delighted with myself tonight. After putting up 2lbs last week because I ate all around me at Electric Picnic I lost 1.5lbs this week! 4lbs more to my 50lb cert!

Unfortunately I have to find myself a new class because my own is being closed due to low numbers along with a few more. :(

Well done :) My leader told me today that one of her classes is merging with another class nearby. I was only at that particular class one week and it was dead. I wonder there a drop in membership or an overload of classes and leaders?

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Well done :) My leader told me today that one of her classes is merging with another class nearby. I was only at that particular class one week and it was dead. I wonder there a drop in membership or an overload of classes and leaders?

Thank you :)

I think it's a drop in membership, the numbers in my class have dropped quite a lot recently. One week there were only three of us that stayed for class and not many more weighed in.

Thank you :)

I think it's a drop in membership, the numbers in my class have dropped quite a lot recently. One week there were only three of us that stayed for class and not many more weighed in.

Interesting. I say its because you can find all the info online now so with the recession people aren't joining the classes. Which is a pity as I love my meeting its what I love about WW!

It's a pity it is so expensive though, I'd say that's what's turning a lot of people away from the classes. I wouldn't be able to do it online though, I've tried countless diets by myself over the years and WW is the only one I have any success with. I need to stand on the scales in front of someone else every week! Not looking forward to my WI at all tonight but got to face the music!

• Advertisement

It's a pity it is so expensive though, I'd say that's what's turning a lot of people away from the classes. I wouldn't be able to do it online though, I've tried countless diets by myself over the years and WW is the only one I have any success with. I need to stand on the scales in front of someone else every week! Not looking forward to my WI at all tonight but got to face the music!

I agree. I also think there should be a student discount and perhaps a loyalty scheme although that probably is effectivelt the prepay one where you get a class free. They only do that every so often though.

Good luck tonight. You never know you may get a good loss!

Advertisement