Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

god I must hang my head in shame was on here a few weeks ago ready to start again and full of enthusiasm and had great first week lost a couple of pounds and second week was ok but stayed the same then I lost the run of myself in spectacular fashion BUT here we go again I've been good since the weekend but one day at a time is how I think it's going to be. Cant afford classes at the minute but need support so wish me well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Interesting. I say its because you can find all the info online now so with the recession people aren't joining the classes. Which is a pity as I love my meeting its what I love about WW!

Yeah that is likely actually. I really like my meeting too, it's going to be really weird going to a new one. :(
    It's a pity it is so expensive though, I'd say that's what's turning a lot of people away from the classes. I wouldn't be able to do it online though, I've tried countless diets by myself over the years and WW is the only one I have any success with. I need to stand on the scales in front of someone else every week! Not looking forward to my WI at all tonight but got to face the music!

It is fairly expensive but I think it's well worth it. Myself and the other people in my class are getting a letter next week (it's the last class) that will entitle us to go to any WW meeting for €9 for either 6 or 8 weeks.

I've done WW by myself loads of times and now that I'm staying for meetings and I've finally sorted my head out I'm actually successful for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I feel like one of those annoying people who says they did no study for a test, and them does really well...cos was down 1.5 tonight. Definitely a shock! 20lbs down so far, thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm looking for alternatives for lunch time. I've been having a chicken sandwich everyday with the same salad in it everyday. 8 points. *yawn* I changed today for a lovely wrap and I just pointed it there 18 points!! O.O I can't have THAT everyday! What do you have for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

keesa wrote: »
    I'm looking for alternatives for lunch time. I've been having a chicken sandwich everyday with the same salad in it everyday. 8 points. *yawn* I changed today for a lovely wrap and I just pointed it there 18 points!! O.O I can't have THAT everyday! What do you have for lunch?

Salads made with bulgar wheat, puy lentils or quinoa, loads of either salad veg or roasted veg and either some feta cheese, goats cheese, chicken, tuna or turkey and some homemade salad dressing. works out between 7 and 8 points depending what you put in it. I'm off bread pasta and cous cous but you could use pasta or cous cous too.

• Advertisement

I usually have a slimbo with salad for lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

For lunch I usually have half a carton of cully & sully carrot soup for 2pp (I water it down a bit as well as I don't like it thick :) ) & then usually a slimbo with ham, mayo & salad for 4pp. Then have fruit as well. It keeps me quite full. Other days when I have points to spare, I have one of the McCains baked potato's with a tin of ww tuna & salad, all for 8pp.

Everyone's doing so well here. I've been struggling quite a bit lately. Up & down more times than a yoyo! Lost & gained the same 4lbs since June but kind of getting my mojo back a bit so hoping for a loss this evening to start the ball rolling again. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just seem to lose interest along the way! I need to remember that deep down I want to lose weight & stop sabotaging myself.

What was in the wrap for 18pp? :eek:

I usually have a wrap for lunch, I usually make it with a large wrap (5pp) but I've made it with the WW wraps too (3pp). I cook a small chicken breast (3pp) the night before in tinfoil in the oven, with some spices, and have that in a wrap with relish (2pp), peppers, spinach or whatever other salad I want. So that's a 10pp/8pp lunch depending on wrap size, and I also have fruit.

Other lunches I sometimes have are -
    Couscous with sweet peppers, sundried tomatoes, onions, garlic, etc.
    Chickpea and veg curry (leftover) with a WW naan bread
    Chicken salad, with a handful of peanuts (salad on its own would be too low in points for me, as I am allowed 35 a day, so have to bulk it up!)

I avoid buying lunches for the most part, but if I do, I get a duck hoisin wrap from Cafe Sol (11pp). You can get them in Tesco and M&S too, they're yummy.

I eat at least 3 pieces of fruit over the day while I'm at work too, which really helps as it means I'm not ravenous and tempted to pig out when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Hi. Just wondering has anyone tried the insanity workouts while on weightwatchers???

Actually related to the above, does anyone use any workouts from YouTube? I'm looking for something like zumba or something that I can do at home that requires either no equipment, or just a set of dumbbells?

• Advertisement

What was in the wrap for 18pp? :eek:

4 for the wrap. 3 for chicken. pesto 2. Sweet chilli sauce 2 cheese 5. 16 points really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I just came back from my weigh in and I am pissed off as I was a half up:( after being so good this week. Anyway Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

fennitty wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering has anyone tried the insanity workouts while on weightwatchers???

I haven't but I have watched a bit of it and I don't think I could ever do it even with the weight gone! If you think you can do it then definitely go for it. The one thing I would say is make sure you are eating enough as if you are doing such an intense workout you really need to keep your energy up. I think there is an insanity thread in the main health & fitness forum. It may also slow your weight loss down but you will definitely see inch loss.
    Actually related to the above, does anyone use any workouts from YouTube? I'm looking for something like zumba or something that I can do at home that requires either no equipment, or just a set of dumbbells?

Check out this site http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit it has lots of different workout videos and all free. It has some well known ones like Jillian Michaels and tae bo.
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I just came back from my weigh in and I am pissed off as I was a half up:( after being so good this week. Anyway Onwards and Downwards!

Keep at it and your hard work will show up next week. Unfortunately our bodies don't work weigh in to weigh in. Half a lb is nothing and you will definitely have it gone next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

I have been quiet for the past two weeks having stayed the same at both weigh ins. It's amazing how we all let the scale dictate our mood when posting. And the really amazing thing is, when I read someone else's struggle I feel like giving them a hug and telling them they are doing great and it will all work out over a few weeks, yet can't feel that for myself!! I know I'm here for a long time, I have more than most to lose but this time I'm taking the STS and the gains in my stride and not letting it derail me which it would have done before. My motto is to look for something good in every day that I can be grateful for and then try to find a 2nd thing and suddenly I'm in the appreciation mode and more relaxed in general about all things including the weight loss journey. I'm not expecting to inspire anyone but please be assured that you all inspire me. It's the regular accountability that never ceases to impress me. Good luck all and I seriously hope that WW classes don't feel the economic squeeze and have to lessen the choice we now have.

Woohoo! Was down 2lbs. Need to just power on at least have some form of a loss next week to get out of my 4lb yoyoing rut!!

Have a good weekend everyone :)

Duffy89 wrote: »

Keep at it and your hard work will show up next week. Unfortunately our bodies don't work weigh in to weigh in. Half a lb is nothing and you will definitely have it gone next week :)

Hi Duffy, Thanks for being so nice:) I was just having a moan because I expected to be down:o but am over it now. My hubby and the kids are taking me on a long walk up the mountains today, then its a takeaway tonight watching the XFactor and then its firmly back on the wagon for me:).

So I have this lovely shift dress that I got a few years ago, that I love but it's always been a bit too tight. Just before I started WW it was so tight that it was really uncomfortable and I couldn't breathe in it properly. Now, it's loose! :D

So I have this lovely shift dress that I got a few years ago, that I love but it's always been a bit too tight. Just before I started WW it was so tight that it was really uncomfortable and I couldn't breathe in it properly. Now, it's loose! :D

It's brilliant when that happens and it really spurs you on to keep going. Congrats on doing so well:) Hearing stories like that really helps me to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

I have been quiet for the past two weeks having stayed the same at both weigh ins. It's amazing how we all let the scale dictate our mood when posting. And the really amazing thing is, when I read someone else's struggle I feel like giving them a hug and telling them they are doing great and it will all work out over a few weeks, yet can't feel that for myself!! I know I'm here for a long time, I have more than most to lose but this time I'm taking the STS and the gains in my stride and not letting it derail me which it would have done before. My motto is to look for something good in every day that I can be grateful for and then try to find a 2nd thing and suddenly I'm in the appreciation mode and more relaxed in general about all things including the weight loss journey. I'm not expecting to inspire anyone but please be assured that you all inspire me. It's the regular accountability that never ceases to impress me. Good luck all and I seriously hope that WW classes don't feel the economic squeeze and have to lessen the choice we now have.
    hey im inspired thanks this post made a lot of sense like you I'm trying to take one day at a time and believe it or not a whole week of being good has passed and i'm down a half but that's not bad considering I missed last week weighing in and had sneaky suspicion I would have been a few up had I weighed then so i'm happy:)

I love that feeling! When I started back at WW in January I had one t-shirt in mind that I really wanted to fit into and wear. Now I wear it walking because it's too loose. :D

Well done to you! :D

• Advertisement

That happened me this week! I bought a dress online a good few months ago, and it was too small, the zip wouldn't even move up an inch. I was too ashamed to send it back, so I just held onto it. I tried it on this week and it fits!! It's only in the past couple of weeks I've really started to see a physical change and it's an unreal feeling, better than seeing results on the scales. Tried on another dress too that hasn't fit me in about 18 months and it fits me too. It's like having brand new clothes!

Was really hungover today and all I was craving for dinner was junk food! Wasn't even hungry. Not only had I used my weeklies last night I have been sticking to my 6 week challenge and didnt want to break my resolve so instead I made a really big salad with some figs, chorizo and a little cheese. So good and no guilt!

I had the best weekend I've had since I started WW....and just ruined it all today. I have no idea why. Boredom really. I was at home all day, I did some exercise and some college work, and in between I pigged out on so much chocolate, then made massive dinner, and had some wine. Like I'm scared to even point everything, it's just ridiculous. Don't know why I did this since I've been doing so well and have been feeling so motivated. Gah!

I have been sticking to my 6 week challenge

What's the 6 week challenge?

Best of luck this week guys. WI on Tuesday for me and then my new class will be the Wednesday after. I feel a bit weird about starting a new class. I joined 8 months ago and never missed a meeting so it'll be strange to be in a different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I had the best weekend I've had since I started WW....and just ruined it all today. I have no idea why. Boredom really. I was at home all day, I did some exercise and some college work, and in between I pigged out on so much chocolate, then made massive dinner, and had some wine. Like I'm scared to even point everything, it's just ridiculous. Don't know why I did this since I've been doing so well and have been feeling so motivated. Gah!

You should point it as you never know it may not have been as bad as you think. Did you have any weeklies left?

What's the 6 week challenge?

It's my own personal pre holiday challenge. 6 weeks with no processed foods. If something has more than a couple of ingredients, or I don't recognise one of the ingredients, then I'm not eating it. Also off pasta and bread for the 6 weeks too!

Had the day from hell yesterday & almost caved & ordered a chinese! But a little voice in my head was screaming at me! So cooked a lovely sunday dinner of turkey steaks, potatoes and veg. Mini victory :)

Well I really and truly fell off the wagon this weekend:mad: Had my takeaway on Saturday night and didn't stop eating till last night. Have to really pull back because my halo is around my ankles at this stage:(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

honeygirl wrote: »
    Well I really and truly fell off the wagon this weekend:mad: Had my takeaway on Saturday night and didn't stop eating till last night. Have to really pull back because my halo is around my ankles at this stage:(.

SNAP! BUT it's a new week so going to be extra good and get back on track!

Advertisement