Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all, I also had a terrible weekend, went to a festival and drank beer and had curry cheese chips and onion rings at three in the morning. Then the hangover starvation kicked in yesterday and I picked all day long, including crisps and noodles (which I ate to stop me going to the chipper for more curry chips at about half nine last night) :-(

I agree though - new week, fresh start. Healthy porridge for breakfast, soup is defrosting for lunch and planning a veggie lentil curry for dinner. Healthy and tasty and appropriate for this miserable weather - when did winter happen?!

Have a great week everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

For a change I had a really good weekend. I was 100% this week and the funny thing is, it wasn't that hard. I have my weigh in tomorrow and while I was really good, I'm a bit unsure and my TOTM is due and I feel bloated. Would love to get my first silver seven (at long last!) but not sure. Next weekend wi bd really difficult with the All-Ireland. Not sure yet if I have a ticket so can't plan ahead yet. If I don't I'll be in the pub but that's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Best of luck this week everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hi All,

My name is Lisa, was a regular here about 2 years ago lost 3 stone doing weight watchers.... put it all back on and today decided enough was enouh and I am going back to my meating with my tail between my legs tomorrow night.

Had a nice healthy dinner and went for walk this evening as I am just sick of putting it off!

Starting at 13st 13lb exactly what i was this time two years ago when i started... this time it is a lifestyle change not a diet...

Welcome back Lisa and best of luck! I hope you find this thread really helpful. I'm sure all the posters would agree that this thread is fantastic! :)

• Advertisement

Welcome back Lisa and best of luck! I hope you find this thread really helpful. I'm sure all the posters would agree that this thread is fantastic! :)

Ya I used to post everyday on it in the good times! even to go back a few days and read is helpful :)

Ya I used to post everyday on it in the good times! even to go back a few days and read is helpful :)

Cool :) Best of luck! :)

WI tomorrow for me and then next week I'll be starting in my new class. I wish mine wasn't closing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I remember you from way back when! Welcome back and best of luck with it all. You've done it before and you know you can do it again!

I remember you from way back when! Welcome back and best of luck with it all. You've done it before and you know you can do it again!

Hi tiny penguin!

Wow look at you go! have you stuck to it all along?

Amazing stats on your bad well done!

Hi tiny penguin!

Wow look at you go! have you stuck to it all along?

Amazing stats on your bad well done!

I've stuck with it fully since Jan 2012 - I promised myself it would be the last time I joined and I'm keeping that promise. Got to goal in feb and have been working my hardest at maintenance since then! Its a tough old battle but if I can make it anone can, and this thread has been a lifesaver. I don't post as much as I used to, mainly due to a change in job and not having as much free time as I used too, but I still love checking in and reading everyone elses words of wisdom!

• Advertisement

I've stuck with it fully since Jan 2012 - I promised myself it would be the last time I joined and I'm keeping that promise. Got to goal in feb and have been working my hardest at maintenance since then! Its a tough old battle but if I can make it anone can, and this thread has been a lifesaver. I don't post as much as I used to, mainly due to a change in job and not having as much free time as I used too, but I still love checking in and reading everyone elses words of wisdom!

OMG well done, i found it so easy to lose it, my issue was keeping it off, i never did maintenance but this time i will do it for sure! Im super super jelous looking at how well everyone has done and im back at the start! never again! im going to be living on your blog!! had a peek love the hairy bikers!

OMG well done, i found it so easy to lose it, my issue was keeping it off, i never did maintenance but this time i will do it for sure! Im super super jelous looking at how well everyone has done and im back at the start! never again! im going to be living on your blog!! had a peek love the hairy bikers!

Maintenance is definitely the harder part of it. I don't think I'll ever be able to give up going to the meetings, even if its just once a month or so. And I'll always have to track what I eat, even if it is only 90% of the time. Its a constant learning curve but I never want to go back to the start again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Well I tracked yesterday and stuck to my 26 points:) and this morning has gone ok so if I track for the next three days maybe I will have a loss or sts. Off for a very long walk now to try and undo the weekend damage:P

Good luck to everyone with the weigh ins this week! Onwards and Downwards:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Another bit of a fallen angel here ;)

Have had a STS for two weeks, a 1lb loss last week ad a 2.5lb gain last night.

My motivation has been lacking and the gain I nobody's fault but my own :(

Anyways, back in positive mode today and hoping for a 1lb loss per week for the 12 more weigh ins till Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I've been trying to be good all week and wi is tonight. I've more or less kept to my dailies with a few weeklies, i don't feel like I've lost- if I'm down 4 I'm getting myself a treat tomorrow! So fingers crossed! I've been dying for a Chinese All week!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Just had my first weigh in after joining back and I'm down 7lb! Absolutely delighted. :-D I was nearly gonna give up the weekend. It's hard work planning and prepping food with a new born but so glad I didn't! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Hi all and welcome back Lisa, I'm newish here and have a long way to go so you are amongst friends. I lost 3 lbs this week and am thrilled after staying the same for two weeks. Keep chipping away no matter what and the weight will come off over time. Good luck to all this week. Bridget

Only 1 and a half after such a tough week. I really tried. So disappointed

keesa wrote: »

One and a half is loads! You shouldn't have unrealistic expectations or put to much pressure on yourself as it makes it more difficult to stay on track. You should be happy with every half pound!

If you lose 1.5 a week is over 5 and a half stone in a year! So look at it that way and be happy about it.

My other weeks were much better though. in the last two weeks it's been very low. Just feel like I'm doing something wrong

• Advertisement

My other weeks were much better though. in the last two weeks it's been very low. Just feel like I'm doing something wrong

You're not, depending on how much you have to lose weight loss will always be quicker when you start as it is such a big change to your routine. It will naturally taper out, the program is designed for you to lose 1-2lbs per week so you are pretty spot on with this. Honestly, if you get disappointed by losses like this it will become very difficult to stick with it. Weight loss is a journey, you didn't gain the weight over night and you won't lose it overnight. Think long ter. Honestly 1.5lbs is an amazing loss!

Wouldn't you feel worse if it was 1.5lbs up?
    All the 1.5lb losses add up. That's actually a perfect ww loss for one week.
    Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nomes311

I agree with tinypenguin....1 1/2 pounds is a fantastic result but the most important thing is that it is a sustainable weight loss! You can try other programmes that you will lose 4 pounds in a week but how long can you maintain this as it usually involves cutting major food groups.

I am also following ww and doing it myself after my first baby. I am down to within 10 pounds of my goal weight so am really trying week by week to be super good at tracking and getting out for my walks every day! Not so easy with the weather at the moment!

1 and a half is a brilliant weight loss to have:) and once its going the right way which is down any loss is good no matter how small. Have your treat and then get back on track and don't be disappointed.:)

My Leader during the meeting "those of you with lower losses like 2, 3,4 where did ye go wrong? " I pretty much feel crap now. I wouldn't mind it just I was good this week. If I only did an average week, I wouldn't mind an average loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My Leader during the meeting "those of you with lower losses like 2, 3,4 where did ye go wrong? " I pretty much feel crap now. I wouldn't mind it just I was good this week. If I only did an average week, I wouldn't mind an average loss.

I find it hard to believe a leader referred to 4 lbs as a low loss...are you sure you didn't mishear?

Anyway your attitude is all wrong. First of all, 1.5-2lbs per week is the perfect weight loss. Having a steady weight loss will hold to you much further in the long run. Secondly, a week is a very short space of time to judge weight loss. Your weight fluctuates on an hourly basis. You might have a bigger loss next week, you might not. But if you're going to beat yourself up over a 1.5 loss, how will you deal with actual bad weeks? I'd be delighted with that loss on any week, good or bad!

My god! did the leader actually call 2, 3 and 4lb losses small? Well she is not very supportive if that's what she says because they are big losses in my book. The first time I joined weight watchers I lost my weight at mostly a half pound per week and I lost three stone that way. My leader says you should lose slow and steady and then its easier to keep off.

Please feel happy about your 1 and half loss because thats a very good loss and you should be proud of yourself!

If your leader did say that then I'd move class and I'd report her to ww HQ for making impossible demands of her class members.
    That remark flies completely in the face of the ww philosophy of 1 to 2 lbs steady weightloss per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Keesa-I know it can be disappointing when the initial losses flatten out, but just in mind that 1.5lbs loss is weight watchers doing exactly what is says on the tin-the programme is working perfectly for you. I'm at the very end of my journey and I lost half a pound last week-and I was CHUFFED! We are all different - and l

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

My Leader during the meeting "those of you with lower losses like 2, 3,4 where did ye go wrong? "

:eek:

Advertisement