Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

keesa wrote: »
    My Leader during the meeting "those of you with lower losses like 2, 3,4 where did ye go wrong? " I pretty much feel crap now. I wouldn't mind it just I was good this week. If I only did an average week, I wouldn't mind an average loss.

That is disgraceful! I would absolutely be saying something to her or to WW head office. It's stuff like that that gives people unrealistic and unhealthy goals and is most definitely not the way of WW. You may be better off finding a new meeting with a roper leader who will celebrate great losses like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My Leader during the meeting "those of you with lower losses like 2, 3,4 where did ye go wrong? " I pretty much feel crap now. I wouldn't mind it just I was good this week. If I only did an average week, I wouldn't mind an average loss.

Go into the shop tomorrow and pick up a pound and a half of butter-feel the weight of it and imagine its not on you anymore! That is what you lost this week-something to be celebrated. If you lose that per week for four weeks, that's nearly half a stone. It shows that the programme is working for you; it's doing what it purports to! I know it can be hard after really dramatic losses the first few weeks, but stick at it-it adds up so quickly. Congrats and don't be disheartened, you're doing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I was coming on here to have a moan about only being down 0.5lb and after reading the posts here, I suppose I should be happy that a loss is a loss. I had set a goal of a 2lb loss every week but more realistic goal is a loss of any kind every week. As long as its moving in the right direction then nothing else matters.
    Another bit of a fallen angel here ;)

Have had a STS for two weeks, a 1lb loss last week ad a 2.5lb gain last night.

My motivation has been lacking and the gain I nobody's fault but my own :(

Anyways, back in positive mode today and hoping for a 1lb loss per week for the 12 more weigh ins till Christmas :)

I know how you feel as I was in your situation only a few weeks ago. All you can do is keep at it and keep trying and eventually that motivation will come back. If you give up then it will be much worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm quite shocked at that! Since when is 4lbs a small loss?! :eek:

Anyway... I was up 0.5lb. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I think it may have been a slip of the tongue on her part. When I went on the scales she congratulated me and said well done and the rest. Obv 3/4 isn't small at all. I was really hoping for at least 2 tbh after trying so hard. So when she said it was just the 1 and a half I was disappointed anyway; before the meeting. Over the last 2 weeks it's only been 2 loss in total which is why I'm disappointed. There was a man there tonight who's lost 9 stone since January. So if he can lose an entire person, I can lose one more stone.

I wouldn't report her at all, generally she's fantastic. I stay around town for 2 hours after work to go to hers instead of going to the one that starts just after work the next day because that one just talks about points, while she talks about the lifestyle and what you can do within the pp plan without missing out on what you want to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think it may have been a slip of the tongue on her part. When I went on the scales she congratulated me and said well done and the rest. Obv 3/4 isn't small at all. I was really hoping for at least 2 tbh after trying so hard. So when she said it was just the 1 and a half I was disappointed anyway; before the meeting. Over the last 2 weeks it's only been 2 loss in total which is why I'm disappointed. There was a man there tonight who's lost 9 stone since January. So if he can lose an entire person, I can lose one more stone.

I wouldn't report her at all, generally she's fantastic. I stay around town for 2 hours after work to go to hers instead of going to the one that starts just after work the next day because that one just talks about points, while she talks about the lifestyle and what you can do within the pp plan without missing out on what you want to do.

I'm terrible for comparing myself to other people so I understand. I see people who have lost 10lbs in 3 weeks and it's taken me about 4 months to lose double that! That's a huge part of the reason I failed last time so I'm trying my best not to let it get to me this time. I'm focusing on myself and that's it. People lose weight at different rates. There are people who sacrifice a lot to lose weight, I'm not one of those. I use all the points available (sometimes more!), I can't say no to a night out, if I do stay in I still love a few drinks and a nice dinner...so I know I'm not going to lose weight as quickly as people who are being much more strict than I am.

Anyway you couldn't have picked a worse person to compare yourself too it seems :D Men in general lose weight more easily than women, and if it's someone who was so big that they had over 9 stone to lose then they're also likely going to lose weigh quicker than someone who has far less than lose.

Just try and be proud of your weight loss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Aye and definitely boys and girls are different! My housemate (a guy) does WW as well, and the pounds simply fly off it - it can be disheartening when three lbs fly off him and I'm killing myself for a pound! But I'd rather the pound was off than on...

I'm up 1.5lbs :-(. It's a combination of things - I have a horrific head cold, temperature and the whole lot and I'd say I'm (a) comfort eating (toast and honey!) and (b) a bit dehydrated. I'm a bit annoyed because I knew with every bite I took that I was scuppering my weight loss.

I'm finding that I'm really struggling since my holidays in the middle of August. I put of four lbs during the three weeks and I haven't really lost them! I'm back up to 4.5lbs above goal and I'm sort of going up and down 1.5lbs for the last month. Anyone have any advice, I'm getting really frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

I have been quiet for the past two weeks having stayed the same at both weigh ins. It's amazing how we all let the scale dictate our mood when posting. And the really amazing thing is, when I read someone else's struggle I feel like giving them a hug and telling them they are doing great and it will all work out over a few weeks, yet can't feel that for myself!! I know I'm here for a long time, I have more than most to lose but this time I'm taking the STS and the gains in my stride and not letting it derail me which it would have done before. My motto is to look for something good in every day that I can be grateful for and then try to find a 2nd thing and suddenly I'm in the appreciation mode and more relaxed in general about all things including the weight loss journey. I'm not expecting to inspire anyone but please be assured that you all inspire me. It's the regular accountability that never ceases to impress me. Good luck all and I seriously hope that WW classes don't feel the economic squeeze and have to lessen the choice we now have.

This is the best post I have read on here for a long time. Well done shirleybridget, taking the STS and the gains is one of the MOST valuable lessons you will ever learn when it comes to weight loss. Hope you have a great week:D

So I'm feeling better today, I woke up still miserable but then I was flicking through my facebook photos and there's this round faced chubby armed girl looking at me and I realised how much I've done already. I think I'll print it out and stick it up by the mirror. My own thinspiration ;-)

Down 2lbs! Over the moon, got my 3rd silver 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 nomes311

Congrats ibarelycare!!! That is so fantastic!! How will you celebrate?? :D

nomes311 wrote: »
    Congrats ibarelycare!!! That is so fantastic!! How will you celebrate?? :D

Thanks a million! I celebrated last night with 2 glasses of wine and a bag of Minstrels :p Still a very long way to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Torture at work so far! Coffee morning and there are cakes & biscuits everywhere!!
    Weigh in tonight so must be good!

For work treats apparently the trick is to say no thanks I don't want any instead of I can't have it cause then people don't try and twist your arm!! Good luck with the weigh in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, just back from my weigh in and was 2lb down am delighted:)

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ladybird123

Hi everyone

Have been following this thread for the past year or so and you are all doing amazing.
    My story is I joined WW in August 2011 and got to my goal weight in December 2011. I had about 2 stone to loose back then. Well, things went a bit downhill from there and after receiving my gold card, I went back a couple of times for weigh ins and then I just stopped.
    Now I find myself having gained a stone over the past year and am finding it very difficult to motivate myself to get back on track and loose this stone again.
    So, I'm going to re-join a class tonight and hopefully that will motivate me. My goal would be to have this stone gone by Christmas and hopefully a couple of pounds more along with it.
    If anyone has any tips to keep the motivation up, I would be grateful for any advice.

For work treats apparently the trick is to say no thanks I don't want any instead of I can't have it cause then people don't try and twist your arm!! Good luck with the weigh in!

I ended up having a teenie slice of cake! But all the girls I work with are really supportive. Made me feel really proud of myself as they kept saying I was great being able to say no :) Support really can make all the difference!

Welcome ladybird and the very best of luck! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Put up a stone over the last year after a family death and have been feeling the worse of it. (9.5 to 10.5 stone)

Joined back WW last week and was down 3lbs at WI. Delighted :)

Feeling motivated to shift the rest of it now!

How did weigh in go granniecaz?? Well done unknowngirl...fab result and welcome ladybird123!

Had a tough evening this evening, didn't do my walk today (lazy and used the weather as an excuse!) and all I wanted to do was raid the goodie press! I have it filled with lots of 3 point treats kit kats, tea cakes and curly wurlys...always have a little treat every evening otherwise I'd go for a complete blow out! Anyways I managed to have 1 treat and an options mint chocolate drink and I left the kitchen!!! Great idea and managed to stay within my propoints for the day! Phew!

Watched the Great Irish Bake Off! Great show and yummy cupcakes!

• Advertisement

How did weigh in go granniecaz??

I was down 2&half lbs! Was absolutely delighted as every other time I did ww I never got further than 13lbs. Now down 17lbs. Really feel like I can do it this time & get to my goal weight :) Now I'm still not even half way there, but will get there!

Good luck this week everyone :) Onwards & downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I have a question for you all…I’ve lost nearly two stone (1 more to go). Most of my weight was/is around my belly. While I have dropped 2 dress sizes and I had to get extra holes put into my belts, I still have a big muffin top!!!

What exercise would ye recommend to sort this & flatten the tummy? I run about 3-4 times a week so I’m wondering if it’s just sit ups that I need to do??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank in advance for the help!

granniecaz wrote: »
    I was down 2&half lbs! Was absolutely delighted as every other time I did ww I never got further than 13lbs. Now down 17lbs. Really feel like I can do it this time & get to my goal weight :) Now I'm still not even half way there, but will get there!

Good luck this week everyone :) Onwards & downwards!

Well done granniecaz!

I'm in a similar situation. A few years ago when I did WW, I dropped 21.5lbs in total, but I just stopped going then. I just hit 22lbs this week and for me it's a huge milestone. I still feel as motivated as I did on day 1, which is so different to when I did it before. Yesterday I looked at my first post in this thread 4 months ago and I talked about how I was scared of failing because I always do. That fear is still always there, but I feel like it's getting smaller and smaller.

So here's to us both sticking with it until goal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Natmus wrote: »
    I have a question for you all…I’ve lost nearly two stone (1 more to go). Most of my weight was/is around my belly. While I have dropped 2 dress sizes and I had to get extra holes put into my belts, I still have a big muffin top!!!

What exercise would ye recommend to sort this & flatten the tummy? I run about 3-4 times a week so I’m wondering if it’s just sit ups that I need to do??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank in advance for the help!

You can't spot reduce weight. You can do situps but the abs in the world won't be visible if there's fat sitting on top of them. You will need to continue to reduce your body fat.

Well done granniecaz!

I'm in a similar situation. A few years ago when I did WW, I dropped 21.5lbs in total, but I just stopped going then. I just hit 22lbs this week and for me it's a huge milestone. I still feel as motivated as I did on day 1, which is so different to when I did it before. Yesterday I looked at my first post in this thread 4 months ago and I talked about how I was scared of failing because I always do. That fear is still always there, but I feel like it's getting smaller and smaller.

So here's to us both sticking with it until goal :D

Thanks ibarelycare. I find your posts so motivating, as I do with everyone elses. It's nice to know though that there's someone else out there in a similar position to mine. I have had my ups & downs over the past couple of months but somehow managed to stick to it. There's no giving up now:)

Natmus wrote: »

Running is great for weight loss as cardio-aerobic. Sit ups and Pilates will help hold your tum in but won't help muffin tops.

Is it really that difficult not to give me crisps with my sandwich? ! I say it every day and they keep doing it!

I feel great today. I was awake at 6 this morning. At 6.45 I decided to go for a walk, left the house at 7, did 3km and was home soon after 7.30. I was in Dublin to drop some stuff for my course into the CPL office (missed last post yesterday, deadline tomorrow). Instead of getting food out I brought a slimbo, salad and fruit with me so I wouldn't eat something silly that I couldn't ProPoint. :D

New blog entry finally up after 2 months of writing nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

13 weigh ins until Christmas- I would LOVE to have a stone gone by then, think I need to get my ass in gear though! Have stepped up the exercise this week but need to watch what goes into my mouth as sometimes I feel I deserve a little or a lot extra as I'm exercising!!!

Gonna set myself a few mini goals (borrowing this idea from your blog Purple Pawprints!)

5th Nov- 7 lbs gone
    10th Dec- 5lbs gone, look and feel good in a size 10 by Xmas (have loads of gorgeous dresses!)

So I know that doesn' add up to a stone but the size 10 is more important to me really and still have one week unaccounted for, gonna do my weekly menu this evening which will help me stay on track I hope and will keep at the exercise :)

Would love to hear other mini goals and tricks and tips for staying on track!!!

• Advertisement

Ive been finding it tough to be enthusiastic over the whole points thing. I'm in the "feck it" mentality. I know I can't be the first ever person to be like this. Does anyone have any tips to get back on the wagon so to speak?

I'd really like to have that last stone gone by Christmas (Even if people haven't even noticed the first one :( ) I met a friend for coffee today, she didn't notice it even though she hasn't seen me in months. I told her I had lost the stone and she just got all concerned and told me to mind myself. Well obviously if it's not noticable then I'm not in any trouble.

Advertisement