Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

keesa I find it hard to believe that she didn't notice a stone off you. Maybe she's jealous. People started noticing when I had half that gone.

I've gotten "you're too thin" and "you can stop with the diet now" several times over the last couple of weeks. It seems people are never happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

She's very preoccupied atm, but still. No one's noticed or at least no ones said it to me. My sisters might I suppose when they're home next.

That's not really the point. I joined for myself not for the compliments and I'd just like to hit my goal you know? I'm tired of rationing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A stone isn't necessarily that noticeable. I've lost 22lbs and only one person has asked me if I lost weight. It's not a big deal, for me anyway. I know people have their own things to worry about! Knowing that my weight is going down, and seeing little changes in myself are the things that keep me motivated.

It'd be very difficult not to notice if someone had lost a stone to be honest, but I suppose it does depend on the person.

Don't think of it as a diet anymore. Diet is temporary. Think of it as a lifestyle change that's going to change your life. It's changed mine.

It'd be very difficult not to notice if someone had lost a stone to be honest, but I suppose it does depend on the person.

It's not difficult not to notice. As you said, it depends on the person. People lose weight differently and from different areas. I haven't even gone down a dress size yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Well I'm down a dress size and a half, and 3 inches around my waist. I've moved to Dublin maybe the new leader and the new surroundings will get me back on track once things have been sorted out

It's not difficult not to notice. As you said, it depends on the person. People lose weight differently and from different areas. I haven't even gone down a dress size yet!

Yeah when I thought about it I realised you're right. It depends on the person. It was very noticeable off me because I'm so short and I couldn't carry all the weight in the first place.
    keesa wrote: »
    Well I'm down a dress size and a half, and 3 inches around my waist. I've moved to Dublin maybe the new leader and the new surroundings will get me back on track once things have been sorted out

Well done, you must feel great. :)

I'm going to a new class this week too. My old one is closing. Still, I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut lately. Maybe a new class will give me the motivation I need to keep going. 17.5lbs to goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

intouch44 wrote: »
    13 weigh ins until Christmas- I would LOVE to have a stone gone by then, think I need to get my ass in gear though! Have stepped up the exercise this week but need to watch what goes into my mouth as sometimes I feel I deserve a little or a lot extra as I'm exercising!!!

Gonna set myself a few mini goals (borrowing this idea from your blog Purple Pawprints!)

5th Nov- 7 lbs gone
    10th Dec- 5lbs gone, look and feel good in a size 10 by Xmas (have loads of gorgeous dresses!)

So I know that doesn' add up to a stone but the size 10 is more important to me really and still have one week unaccounted for, gonna do my weekly menu this evening which will help me stay on track I hope and will keep at the exercise :)

Would love to hear other mini goals and tricks and tips for staying on track!!!

I am still working for my first silver seven but I would love 2 stone gone by Christmas. I want my first silver seven within the next week or so and then the first stone by Halloween. Then the 3rd silver seven by the end of November, a friends wedding. By my calculations and everything going to plan, I should get my second stone at the last weigh in before Christmas.
    keesa wrote: »
    Ive been finding it tough to be enthusiastic over the whole points thing. I'm in the "feck it" mentality. I know I can't be the first ever person to be like this. Does anyone have any tips to get back on the wagon so to speak?

I feel like I talk the talk and don't get anywhere but I do know how you feel. I have struggled all year to lose weight, in fact I've gained weight. In the last few weeks though I finally seemed to have found some consistency. I think you just have to take it a day at a time. Planning in advance really helps me. Don't be afraid to use your weeklies, that way you won't feel deprived. Exercise is also a great motivator as it makes you want to stay on track. There was a previous post about mini goals, they are great for staying on track. I think I would have given up completely this weekend only that I am so close to that first silver seven and I really want it. I was at the match today and in the pub after so I reckon I'll be lucky with a STS this week but I am already looking to the week after and finally getting that silver seven. There's loads of mini goals you can set besides the silver sevens and stones. There's no stone bracket, dress size, moving into a new BMI bracket etc. Focus on them and take it a day at a time and it will click :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

intouch44 wrote: »
    13 weigh ins until Christmas- I would LOVE to have a stone gone by then, think I need to get my ass in gear though! Have stepped up the exercise this week but need to watch what goes into my mouth as sometimes I feel I deserve a little or a lot extra as I'm exercising!!!

Gonna set myself a few mini goals (borrowing this idea from your blog Purple Pawprints!)

5th Nov- 7 lbs gone
    10th Dec- 5lbs gone, look and feel good in a size 10 by Xmas (have loads of gorgeous dresses!)

So I know that doesn' add up to a stone but the size 10 is more important to me really and still have one week unaccounted for, gonna do my weekly menu this evening which will help me stay on track I hope and will keep at the exercise :)

Would love to hear other mini goals and tricks and tips for staying on track!!!

The last time I reached my goal weight, I had some jeans that I wanted to fit into more comfortably. I knew myself which ones were smaller so my mini goals were to fit into each one progressively and tie the button and not be bursting out of them. That was a real motivator. It felt great to fit back into them, one after another.:)

Best of luck with WI this week everyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Monday Morning and I am terrafied.

My first week back have tracked everything have about 15 weekly left and exercised my arse off (cycled westport to Achill on Saturday, walked 25minutes everyday ) and ate none of the activity points... but my home scales has me up weight I would be super embarrassed if i am up at the meeting in week one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nomes311

Sad face....weigh in this am and I have STS :(. Bit depressed cause I weighed everything and stayed within my points and only used 6 of my weeklies and had 9 activity points which I didn't use. Not sure where I went wrong tbh...I suppose I could've walked a bit more and maybe tasting the baby's food to test if it's the right temperature?? Anyways am within 10 pounds of goal and already have a 'healthy' bmi so maybe I just have to expect weight loss over two weeks rather than 1!

Was gona go out and have a nice lunch today but not sure in deserve it now! Ok enough feeling sorry for myself I'm off to do my morning walk!!

Hope everyone else with weigh in this week is happier with their results!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

nomes311 wrote: »
    Sad face....weigh in this am and I have STS :(. Bit depressed cause I weighed everything and stayed within my points and only used 6 of my weeklies and had 9 activity points which I didn't use. Not sure where I went wrong tbh...

Well done nomes311 :) A STS is a good result, at least it's not a gain :) You should have a loss next week if you stay in track. Good luck!

I didn't have a great weekend really, def went over my 49 but trying to pull it back a bit now this week and I will be happy to have a STS.
    Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Am having a really hard day today:mad: Feel like eating everyone and everything around me:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Sad face....weigh in this am and I have STS :(

I'm the same.. Disappointed but on the other hand I had a few drinks sat night and dinner out Sunday.. Hard not to feel disheartened.. Trying to turn it into motivation for next week!

Sad face....weigh in this am and I have STS :(. Bit depressed cause I weighed everything and stayed within my points and only used 6 of my weeklies and had 9 activity points which I didn't use. Not sure where I went wrong tbh...I suppose I could've walked a bit more and maybe tasting the baby's food to test if it's the right temperature?? Anyways am within 10 pounds of goal and already have a 'healthy' bmi so maybe I just have to expect weight loss over two weeks rather than 1!

Was gona go out and have a nice lunch today but not sure in deserve it now! Ok enough feeling sorry for myself I'm off to do my morning walk!!

Hope everyone else with weigh in this week is happier with their results!

Hi Nomes, Two weeks ago I did everything right, I exercised and kept to my points and when I stepped on the scales I was up a half pound and was so depressed about it. But last week after having an ok week I was down 2lb. You will probably find that next week you will have a loss.

Also weight loss can be slower when you are so near goal. Hope you are feeling better today:)

Hi all, I injured my thigh on Friday after exercising and have been trying to rest it as much as I can when trying to mind two children. So exercise for this week has gone out the window and boredom has set in which makes me want to eat rings around me:mad: so trying to stick to my points is a battle:pac: and thats why I posted about wanting to eat everything and everyone yesterday..

So I am not looking forward to my Thursday weigh in. I find when I am stuck in like this I have theses episodes where I eat without thinking and I eat things I don't even like and then think why did I do that:confused:

Would be so happy with a sts this week.

Good luck to everyone with their weigh ins this week. Onwards and Downwards!

New class today. I'm not sure if this will be my regular one either so I'm feeling anxious, like I'm joining WW all over again. I'm being a whingebag, I know.. :(

New class today. I'm not sure if this will be my regular one either so I'm feeling anxious, like I'm joining WW all over again. I'm being a whingebag, I know.. :(

Ah sure we are all entitled to a whinge every now and then:P Good luck with your meeting:)

Thank you. :)

I'll post after WI and let you all know how I get on. :)

• Advertisement

I'm so happy I could cry! 4.5lbs down since last Tuesday. Got my 7th silver 7 and I have to ask for my 50lb Cert next week!!! *happy dance* :D

Coincidentally I got rid of a load of clothes this week. I think I'll head to Penneys and get myself a jeans. I literally only have 2 and they're exactly the same.. :o

I'm so happy I could cry! 4.5lbs down since last Tuesday. Got my 7th silver 7 and I have to ask for my 50lb Cert next week!!! *happy dance* :D

Purple PPs that is absolutely fantastic!!! You must feel like a whole new person inside and out! Keep up the good work! I'd say you'll stay with that new class now will you?

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi all, I injured my thigh on Friday after exercising and have been trying to rest it as much as I can when trying to mind two children. So exercise for this week has gone out the window and boredom has set in which makes me want to eat rings around me:mad: so trying to stick to my points is a battle:pac: and thats why I posted about wanting to eat everything and everyone yesterday..

So I am not looking forward to my Thursday weigh in. I find when I am stuck in like this I have theses episodes where I eat without thinking and I eat things I don't even like and then think why did I do that:confused:

How's your thigh feeling? Hopefully a bit better! I have been in one of those moods before and ate a jar of Nutella on a spoon!! Doesn't get much worse than that ha ha...ok well I did actually once eat an entire tin of Roses in a weekend (Xmas time!)

It's so hard but I think the best thing to do is to start new the next day and track instead of writing of the entire week! Near to impossible I know! You really motivated me yesterday and I managed to stay on track even though I was a bit fed up! Hopefully we can do the same for you! x

Coincidentally I got rid of a load of clothes this week. I think I'll head to Penneys and get myself a jeans. I literally only have 2 and they're exactly the same.. :o

That is absolutly brilliant Congratulations!:)

How's your thigh feeling? Hopefully a bit better! I have been in one of those moods before and ate a jar of Nutella on a spoon!! Doesn't get much worse than that ha ha...ok well I did actually once eat an entire tin of Roses in a weekend (Xmas time!)

It's so hard but I think the best thing to do is to start new the next day and track instead of writing of the entire week! Near to impossible I know! You really motivated me yesterday and I managed to stay on track even though I was a bit fed up! Hopefully we can do the same for you! x

Thanks a million! your post made me smile:) As for the Roses I did the same but it was a tin of Quality Street. I wont be able to do any boxing exercises for a while but I should be back walking by next week. I was hoping to get another silver seven tomorrow but I think it will probably be next week when I get that. Well the scale will tell tomorrow:)

If only there was some sort of magic pill:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Well done PP, how did you lose 4.5lbs in a week? That's great going, considering weightloss slows down when you get to a lower weight. What weight are you now? I was just reading your blog and I've said it here before but I'll say it again as it has become incredibly relevant to me recently, ignore anyone saying you've lost too much. Once you know you are in within the healthy guidelines of weight for your height just ignore them. Many, MANY people say it out of jealousy, some people who have weight problems themselves can't stand seeing others do something about it. And only you know your body and what is healthy for your frame and height so just bloody ignore them.

Can you tell I've had the same comments and attitude at all :p

This is going to sound stalky but are you going to post an updated photo on your blog? I'm intrigued to see the difference, as that's a massive weightloss for anyone, never mind anyone of your height.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey every one,

another returning member :) took some time off to have a baby he is 6 weeks now so back on the saddle so to speak, I had done really well before my pregnancy but put on a stone so back to my joining weight when I joined in 2011, have not gone to a meeting yet but I have my books out and have started tracking

Well done PP, how did you lose 4.5lbs in a week? That's great going, considering weightloss slows down when you get to a lower weight. What weight are you now? I was just reading your blog and I've said it here before but I'll say it again as it has become incredibly relevant to me recently, ignore anyone saying you've lost too much. Once you know you are in within the healthy guidelines of weight for your height just ignore them. Many, MANY people say it out of jealousy, some people who have weight problems themselves can't stand seeing others do something about it. And only you know your body and what is healthy for your frame and height so just bloody ignore them.

This is going to sound stalky but are you going to post an updated photo on your blog? I'm intrigued to see the difference, as that's a massive weightloss for anyone, never mind anyone of your height.

Well done.

Well done PP! I agree with seosamh, I love seeing before & after pics :D
    Baby75 wrote: »
    Hey every one,

another returning member :) took some time off to have a baby he is 6 weeks now so back on the saddle so to speak, I had done really well before my pregnancy but put on a stone so back to my joining weight when I joined in 2011, have not gone to a meeting yet but I have my books out and have started tracking

Welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

WoW! Well done xPurplePawprintsx. That's a brilliant achievement :) Congrats!

• Advertisement

Well done.

Wow, it seems I have a fan. :o Thanks so much for the lovely comments, it's really nice to read stuff like that. :D

I'm not sure about how I managed to lost 4.5lbs in a week this far into my weight loss tbh. Possibly a little more exercise, maybe drinking more water. Last week I was up 0.5lb and I thought I had a good week so maybe it's balancing out. :)

I have been thinking about the photo actually. I think I probably will post an updated one soon. I'd actually be interested to see the difference myself. :)

Purple PPs that is absolutely fantastic!!! You must feel like a whole new person inside and out! Keep up the good work! I'd say you'll stay with that new class now will you?
    That is absolutly brilliant Congratulations!:)
    granniecaz wrote: »
    WoW! Well done xPurplePawprintsx. That's a brilliant achievement :) Congrats!

Thank you very much everyone. :D
    Baby75 wrote: »
    Hey every one,

Welcome back :)

Advertisement