Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Wow, it seems I have a fan. :o Thanks so much for the lovely comments, it's really nice to read stuff like that. :D

I'm not stalking you! :D I just started trying to lose weight around the same time as you, I thought I had about a stone to lose but have currently lost 1 stone 8lbs and while I would like to lose another few pounds I won't be doing it for now. I have found it ok to achieve overall, but so many people yoyo with WW and with weightloss in general that yours really stood out in my mind, you've kept it up constantly since the beginning of the year. It's great when it finally feels like a lifestyle change isn't it? That's how I feel now, I know I won't put the weight back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm not stalking you! :D I just started trying to lose weight around the same time as you, I thought I had about a stone to lose but have currently lost 1 stone 8lbs and while I would like to lose another few pounds I won't be doing it for now. I have found it ok to achieve overall, but so many people yoyo with WW and with weightloss in general that yours really stood out in my mind, you've kept it up constantly since the beginning of the year. It's great when it finally feels like a lifestyle change isn't it? That's how I feel now, I know I won't put the weight back on.

Lol, don't worry, I don't mind! It's nice that I seem to be helping someone. :)

So many people yoyo with weight loss in general I think, it's not the fault of the program. If you keep it in your head "I am going to do this once and for all" then you will do it. That's what was different this time with me. I joined WW twice before officially and also started the program myself at home countless times but my head wasn't in it if you know what I mean? It feels so much better when you make your mind up that it's a lifestyle change like you say. I know I'm definitely not putting it back on, not this time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Up .5lb :( Shouldn't really be disappointed but I felt I'd a good week. I wouldn't feel as bad if it wasn't for the weekend ahead of me. Going to a wedding that will be spanning Saturday and Sunday so it will be 2 days of drinking and eating. So more than likely up again next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Up .5lb :( Shouldn't really be disappointed but I felt I'd a good week. I wouldn't feel as bad if it wasn't for the weekend ahead of me. Going to a wedding that will be spanning Saturday and Sunday so it will be 2 days of drinking and eating. So more than likely up again next week!

Ah don't feel too bad and go and have a great time at the wedding and then get back on track. You never know maybe it will even itself out and you might have a loss or a sts next week, because when you've been good a loss should never pass you by:)

That's exactly what I was going to say honeygirl, enjoy the wedding and be extra good on the other days. Who knows, you might be surprised :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I am just back from my meeting and I was 2 pound down and I got my ten percent booklet. So happy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Can anybody tell me where to get the best PP value from bacon medallions, I usually buy the Lidl ones, I count them as 1pp each....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all, having a great week food wise, really happy but. I went sky diving yesterday and had to be weighed beforehand (everyone did, it was to select an instructor etc, and this time last year I probably was too heavy to do it, so it's really nice to be a normal size now), and their scales had me up five lbs!! I know it's not my usual scales, but I'm a bit devastated! Five pounds is a lot even allowing for a weird scales!! I'm really hoping it was just that scales and that things will be back to normal come Wednesdays weigh in... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi all, hope ye had a lovely weekend. I didn't make weigh in last thursday & won't either this thursday so going to go to a class tomorrow to split it out. Feel a bit lost as not really sure where I am, up or down. Scales at home doesn't look too bad, but I had a disaster of a weekend. Ate all round me! So have a feeling I could be up :( I have less than 3 weeks til my friends wedding, so that's my mini goal for now. Must fit into my dress!!! Hope everyone has a brill week :)

I wouldn't mind that too much, there could be a massive different between scales sometimes. One time I weighed between weigh ins and I was up 2lbs, turns out I was actually down 2 so don't worry :)

Best of luck this week everyone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

thanks for the welcome back :) WI tomorrow not sure how I will do worried about the extra pp I have because of feeding a 7 week old

good luck to those WI soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi everyone.

I was a member of WW for two years and at first, the weight came off steadily at a rate of around 2lb a week.

Then it petered out and I managed to lose two stone.
    I left WW due to a house move and other personal circumstances, vowing to go back when I was settled, but I never did.

Bad habits crept back in, eating mindlessly watching TV, eating extra portions if I was hungry, BUT I did keep some good habits that I learned from my time in WW, like bulking out meals with vegetables and choosing low-fat butter, milk, wholegrain bread, etc.

I was also very mindful of things like take-aways, feeling my arteries practically clogging if someone mentioned chips and I'm happy to say that these things have stayed with me.

I don't get take-aways often and I do read labels.

I home-cook all my meals and I think my only real bad habit is the snacking; crisps and chocolate etc.

I never weighed myself since leaving WW-in all honesty, I was too afraid to.

I know I have gained weight as certain items of clothing don't fit anymore and today I tried on a dress which I wore back when I'd lost a stone.

I remember feeling so good in that dress, everyone complimented me when I wore it to a party and I look at photos of myself in that dress and I feel sad because that dress, which I tried on today, doesn't fit.

It was the saddest feeling ever because for years I would hate looking at photos of me, yet that night I felt great.

After trying on the dress today, I've come to a decision to start eating better.

Personal circumstances at the moment mean I can't really afford the weekly meeting fee for WW, but I've still got my old ProPoints books and the calculator and I'm hoping, with the support of this fantastic forum here, that maybe, just maybe I will be able to get back some of the confidence I had back when I wore that dress.

I'm tired of feeling sad and I'm tired of feeling worthless at something I was good at.

Sorry for the rant and I'm taking a deep breath...What have I got to lose, but weight?

PS: After writing the above, I smiled. I feel better just by pouring out my feelings and I already feel optimistic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I was a member of WW for two years and at first, the weight came off steadily at a rate of around 2lb a week.

Then it petered out and I managed to lose two stone.
    I left WW due to a house move and other personal circumstances, vowing to go back when I was settled, but I never did.

Bad habits crept back in, eating mindlessly watching TV, eating extra portions if I was hungry, BUT I did keep some good habits that I learned from my time in WW, like bulking out meals with vegetables and choosing low-fat butter, milk, wholegrain bread, etc.

I was also very mindful of things like take-aways, feeling my arteries practically clogging if someone mentioned chips and I'm happy to say that these things have stayed with me.

I don't get take-aways often and I do read labels.

I home-cook all my meals and I think my only real bad habit is the snacking; crisps and chocolate etc.

I never weighed myself since leaving WW-in all honesty, I was too afraid to.

I know I have gained weight as certain items of clothing don't fit anymore and today I tried on a dress which I wore back when I'd lost a stone.

I remember feeling so good in that dress, everyone complimented me when I wore it to a party and I look at photos of myself in that dress and I feel sad because that dress, which I tried on today, doesn't fit.

It was the saddest feeling ever because for years I would hate looking at photos of me, yet that night I felt great.

After trying on the dress today, I've come to a decision to start eating better.

Personal circumstances at the moment mean I can't really afford the weekly meeting fee for WW, but I've still got my old ProPoints books and the calculator and I'm hoping, with the support of this fantastic forum here, that maybe, just maybe I will be able to get back some of the confidence I had back when I wore that dress.

I'm tired of feeling sad and I'm tired of feeling worthless at something I was good at.

Sorry for the rant and I'm taking a deep breath...What have I got to lose, but weight?

PS: After writing the above, I smiled. I feel better just by pouring out my feelings and I already feel optimistic. :)

Hi Fussy onion.. God I could have wrote your post as I'm feeling the exact same lately. Anyway I was going to say that I think I might have two copies of the most recent ww books, I will check when I get home- if I do I can send them to you if that's of any use?

Good luck with the journey, I plan on starting this week too!

m'lady wrote: »
    Hi Fussy onion.. God I could have wrote your post as I'm feeling the exact same lately. Anyway I was going to say that I think I might have two copies of the most recent ww books, I will check when I get home- if I do I can send them to you if that's of any use?

Good luck with the journey, I plan on starting this week too!

Hi m'lady

Thanks so much for that generous offer, but if you're starting this week, won't you need them?

Tell you what, why don't you hang on to them and if I need to know anything, I can always PM ya?
    Or I could give you me email address if you like.

It might be nice to have each other for support seeing as we're both starting now :)

And yeah, it took me a while to summon up the courage to write my post but I've been in denial and I sat on my bed earlier, after trying on that dress, and I just felt so low.

I don't want to feel like this anymore.
    Best of luck to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Baby75 wrote: »
    thanks for the welcome back :) WI tomorrow not sure how I will do worried about the extra pp I have because of feeding a 7 week old

good luck to those WI soon

How are you finding ww and breastfeeding? The first 2 weeks I was grand but last week I really struggled. It felt like baby was feeding all the time and I was constantly starving. Dreading WI later!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi m'lady

Thanks so much for that generous offer, but if you're starting this week, won't you need them?

Tell you what, why don't you hang on to them and if I need to know anything, I can always PM ya?
    Or I could give you me email address if you like.

It might be nice to have each other for support seeing as we're both starting now :)

And yeah, it took me a while to summon up the courage to write my post but I've been in denial and I sat on my bed earlier, after trying on that dress, and I just felt so low.

I don't want to feel like this anymore.
    Best of luck to you :)

I think I may have 2 copies (joined twice in a 6 month period- yup that's me!).. I'll pm you when I get home and let u know. And absolutely that would be great having a 'diet buddy', it sounds like a plan!

m'lady wrote: »
    I think I may have 2 copies (joined twice in a 6 month period- yup that's me!).. I'll pm you when I get home and let u know. And absolutely that would be great having a 'diet buddy', it sounds like a plan!

Brilliant thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

After an unexpected gain last week I lost 3.5lbs this week which brings me to half a pound under goal. It's the first time I've ever been under my goal weight since becoming a gold member and I am so happy. I am off to Portugal tomorrow and 6 weeks ago on my blog I set out on a 6 week personal challenge to lose 6 lbs and get under goal in time for my holiday. After last week I didn't think I was gonna make that goal and now I have it's the best feeling ever. Makes going on hols that much better!

I know I don't post here as much as I used too, but I still check in and love keeping up with how well everyone is doing. Welcome to any newbies (or some returning)!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Welcome all new & returning members :)
    Weighed in last night & was up half a lb. But it felt like a loss after the week I had had! So back to good habits today.

WI at 12.30 for me. I can never tell what kind of week I had. Have that niggly feeling that I might be up. If I am I'll be annoyed with myself because I got my 50lb cert last week and I really didn't want to mess up and go back under.

• Advertisement

1lb down :)

Well done all on the great losses! And to newcomers, welcome! I can see a lot of myself in some of your posts (particularly you fussy onion) - I'd cycled in and out of weight loss a few times before finally getting the swing of it this time. Honesty, good planning, positivity and a sense if perspective all really helped me to stick with it this time!

I was down 2lbs, HOPEFULLY getting me on track to lose the last of my holiday 4lbs and get me that last, pitiful half pound to goal. 2.5lbs to go... I am finding the 12 week goal planner on the fridge helpful right now, reminds me of my goal when I'm tempted to rummage for cheese on toast at half eleven at night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Love the idea of sticking your goal planner on the fridge cailleach, so simple but sounds like something I need, am doing well at the minute but its so easy to fall off the wagon.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Down 3lbs after STS last week! I'm thrilled, 6lbs in 3weeks. On target for 2lb a week until Halloween :)

Yay, well done!

Just a quick question for people. Has anybody had their target changed by their leader? When I began in January with my old leader my target was 8st 7lbs. I'm 9st 5lbs now meaning that I'm 12lbs away from my original goal. Today I had a new leader (new class because my old one closed) and she said to me that she might change my goal depending on how I'm getting on.

Yay, well done!

Just a quick question for people. Has anybody had their target changed by their leader? When I began in January with my old leader my target was 8st 7lbs. I'm 9st 5lbs now meaning that I'm 12lbs away from my original goal. Today I had a new leader (new class because my old one closed) and she said to me that she might change my goal depending on how I'm getting on.

My first target was 11 3, my second was 10 10 and my last (which I'm struggling to get to) is 10 4.5. My leader asked if I'd like to lose more each time and I agreed, as the weight was still coming off easily. I know that bmi is basically crap, and it's more about broader health indicators (I know I'm supposed to be around 10 5, as I feel good and energetic and happy in this body!), but as long as your self selected goal is in a broadly healthy range, they will support you to get there. Wait until the next 12lbs is gone before deciding-that's a dress size and you might be delighted! Or you might decide another 6lbs would be a good goal for you. I could technically lose more but I'm 5'8" and I like my boobs. And that is why I'm not going any further ;-)

Thanks for the reply :)

My goal was originally 8.5 stone but she's said I might be fine to stay around 9 stone. I'm a size 10 in jeans now, I never thought I'd see it! When I started I was squeezing into a 16. I think I'd be fine at 8.5 stone considering I'm teeny, I'm only 4' 11". I'm a bit unsure if I should keep going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

yeaaaa.....2.5 lbs down, and my first stone, stayed on track all week, took 16 weeks but happy with that progress as very busy with work meetings out of the country and holidays. Feel I can build the programme into my life now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

PP my grandmother is about 4ft 10/11 and was 6.5-7 stone all her life (the last few years she is bed bound so obviously has put on a bit of weight). She looked thin, but not sickly thin, just tiny and thin, she's a tiny human. I would say go with what you think you can maintain, what looks best, and what you think is a healthy weight for you. I really think you know yourself if you get too thin. And I don't mean to sound rude but some people are left with excess skin after substantial weight loss, this can account for some of the remaining weight too, so someone who would ideally be 9 stone with no excess skin/weight might weigh a bit more because there's nothing that can be done about that (short of surgery in extreme cases).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Well done on all the losses this week and welcome to any newbies. I lost the 2lbs I gained last week. Disappointed it wasn't half lb more to get my silver seven. I'm going to a hen this weekend but I am determined to have a loss next week so I have planned out my weekend in advance. No idea where we're eating etc but I've allocated points to each meal so hopefully I can stay on track.

Advertisement