Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I've fallen off the wagon again. Was doing great but last week and this week have been awful - I just can't stop eating crap food, huge portions and not doing any excerise. I stood on the scales this morning & was up 3lb. I'm feeling really bloated, tired and guilty!!!

Need to track and get back on. Need to get 10lb down before xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, Just back from my weigh in and I was half pound down and got my third silver seven:)

Natmus wrote: »
    I've fallen off the wagon again. Was doing great but last week and this week have been awful - I just can't stop eating crap food, huge portions and not doing any excerise. I stood on the scales this morning & was up 3lb. I'm feeling really bloated, tired and guilty!!!

Need to track and get back on. Need to get 10lb down before xmas.

Hi Natmus, Don't think about Christmas, think about the Halloween weekend first and see how much you can lose by then. Break it down into smaller goals. Just write off the bad week and you will lose that three pounds soon enough. We are all in the same boat so I hope you feel better in yourself soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Thanks for the reply :)

My goal was originally 8.5 stone but she's said I might be fine to stay around 9 stone. I'm a size 10 in jeans now, I never thought I'd see it! When I started I was squeezing into a 16. I think I'd be fine at 8.5 stone considering I'm teeny, I'm only 4' 11". I'm a bit unsure if I should keep going though.

Size 10!! You lucky thing, I can manage a size 10 in dresses right now, but size 10 in jeans (with my ample bum) is a dim and distant fantasy... You'll know yourself when you hit 'your' goal weight - the weight loss will stabilise and you won't be able to stop catching your reflection in shop windows and marvelling at your achievement. Or buying skinny jeans, I knew I was approaching where I needed to be when I kept going to Dunnes for groceries and buying more skinny jeans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Size 10!! You lucky thing, I can manage a size 10 in dresses right now, but size 10 in jeans (with my ample bum) is a dim and distant fantasy... You'll know yourself when you hit 'your' goal weight - the weight loss will stabilise and you won't be able to stop catching your reflection in shop windows and marvelling at your achievement. Or buying skinny jeans, I knew I was approaching where I needed to be when I kept going to Dunnes for groceries and buying more skinny jeans...

I've literally only started fitting into the tens this week and it's great! Size 12 in dresses though because I have big boobs lol :p Everytime I'm in Penneys I check for new skinny jeans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

What are people's opinions on using most of the 49 weeklies on crap food?

Does anyone use most of their weeklies on junk and still manage to lose?

And by 'junk' I'm not referring to the likes of cheese. I'm referring to chocolate, crisps, cake, sugary foods etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on using most of the 49 weeklies on crap food?

Does anyone use most of their weeklies on junk and still manage to lose?

And by 'junk' I'm not referring to the likes of cheese. I'm referring to chocolate, crisps, cake, sugary foods etc.

I once lost 4.5lbs in a week on WW.

My allowance was 35 PP and obviously the weekly of 49.
    I tracked EVERYTHING, I had wine and crisps and chips and chocolate and didn't go over my points and still managed to lose 4.5lbs.
    I went for a brisk walk three times a week.

I also drank a LOT of water, so yes it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I've been faffing about for the last 2 months - not tracking but trying to be good - Monday to Friday that is, once I get home from work on a friday that's it really.
    But the real issue has been the lack of exercise - haven't been out walking in ages!!!!

So no more, need to get my ass back in gear - weighed myself this morning and thankfully haven't done too much damage.

I'm starting tracking everything again to get back into it and I have a question - I forgot my canderel for my coffee so used one tsp of sugar - how many pp are in that?

Thanks for the help!

Lormuz wrote: »
    I forgot my canderel for my coffee so used one tsp of sugar - how many pp are in that?

Thanks for the help!

1 pp :)

Went overboard yesterday with the WW cookies and some biscuits etc but I've been tracking religiously. :D

Made loads of soup today to do me for the rest of the week and I also bought WW wraps in Dealz to make mini pizzas. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I just joined ww this evening. Never want to see such a high number as my starting weight again.
    Looking forward to starting the journey.. hoping this thread will keep me motivated!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I’m back on track since yesterday!!! Firstly I need to get rid of the 3 pounds I put up during the past few weeks. I’m going to be good till xmas and aiming for half a stone minimum. Signed up for a 8k run next weekend so that will make me get off my arse and get a few runs in between now and then!

Made a Spag bol last night. I used the paasta sauce with loads of garlic, fresh herbs and a stock cube so that should take away some of the points – I usually use a jar of sauce.

Haven’t gone to a meeting all summer and can’t go this evening either but hopefully if I keep tracking I’ll behave & make the meeting next week.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Lost a half pound last night bringing it to 4 and a half lbs in last 3 weeks, and what did I do afterwards?

Went for a horrible McDonalds :(

Don't beat yourself up over that Sittingpretty, I have a treat after WI every week and I've been losing almost every week since I joined. :)

Don't beat yourself up over that Sittingpretty, I have a treat after WI every week and I've been losing almost every week since I joined. :)

If you stick to your daily PP, and you use all 49 weeklies, in your experience, do you still manage to be down?

I generally wouldn't use all my 49 weeklies, I'd usually use about 15 in a week and stick to my 26PP yep. I've had 2 or 3 gains and about 4 or 5 STS's, the rest were losses since January :)

I generally wouldn't use all my 49 weeklies, I'd usually use about 15 in a week and stick to my 26PP yep. I've had 2 or 3 gains and about 4 or 5 STS's, the rest were losses since January :)

That's great going! Fair play to you :) Would you have gone over your weeklies the 2/3 times you've gained?

Do I have to use my whole daily allowance every day or is it ok to stay below a few points? Finding it hard to see where I'm going to eat 30 points if I'm eating a lot of veg etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

jubella wrote: »
    Do I have to use my whole daily allowance every day or is it ok to stay below a few points? Finding it hard to see where I'm going to eat 30 points if I'm eating a lot of veg etc.

You should really eat your full allowance as often as you can. If you're eating 3 or 4pp under your allowance every day, then once you start moving down your allowance, your body will have been used to consuming that many pp and your weight loss may plateau.

I was on 38pp when I started (34 now), and at the start I thought I'd be having huge portions of dinner, and eating junk in the evening just to bulk up! I got some great advice on here on how to do it in a healthy way though. These are some of the tips I picked up:

-Use olive oil/rapeseed oil (1pp per tsp) when cooking instead of the 1-cal spray
    -Add egg to stir fries. I love this anyway as it adds lovely flavour!
    -Add cheese to meals (e.g. a bit of grated cheese on top of a pasta dish, or even melt a bit of cheese into a sauce)
    -Snack on nuts during the day on top of your 0pp snacks. I found this one the best actually. I eat a lot of fruit to keep me going during the day, but having a handful of nuts in the afternoon was a tasty way to use PP, and also kept me going until dinnertime.
    -Bulk up on protein.

You should really eat your full allowance as often as you can. If you're eating 3 or 4pp under your allowance every day, then once you start moving down your allowance, your body will have been used to consuming that many pp and your weight loss may plateau.

I was on 38pp when I started (34 now), and at the start I thought I'd be having huge portions of dinner, and eating junk in the evening just to bulk up! I got some great advice on here on how to do it in a healthy way though. These are some of the tips I picked up:

-Use olive oil/rapeseed oil (1pp per tsp) when cooking instead of the 1-cal spray
    -Add egg to stir fries. I love this anyway as it adds lovely flavour!
    -Add cheese to meals (e.g. a bit of grated cheese on top of a pasta dish, or even melt a bit of cheese into a sauce)
    -Snack on nuts during the day on top of your 0pp snacks. I found this one the best actually. I eat a lot of fruit to keep me going during the day, but having a handful of nuts in the afternoon was a tasty way to use PP, and also kept me going until dinnertime.
    -Bulk up on protein.

Thanks a million, some great advice there!
    I suppose it's better to be looking for more to eat anyway rather than less!

• Advertisement

That's great going! Fair play to you :) Would you have gone over your weeklies the 2/3 times you've gained?

Thank you :)

I possibly could have I'd say. Along with being a bit lazy with the exercise and snacking too much. One of the gains was the week after the Electric Picnic and I ate and drank all round me. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Down 1.5lb tonight! Couldn't believe it after a busy weekend away from the house :) Got me to my first half stone! Feeling super motivated now!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

Restarted for the 866578939030th time!

THIS TIME I'M GOING TO DO IT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've had a terrible few weeks! I'm so looking forward to getting on the scales tonight, just to draw a line under it.

My last WI was 2 weeks ago, and I was up .5lb. Usually that wouldn't bother me too much, but I'd had a good week, and I knew the following week would be bad as I was away for the weekend at a wedding, so I let it get to me a lot. I ate and drank rings around me for the week, I enjoyed it all though :D But then I was sick for a few days after the wedding (wasn't back in work until last Wednesday) and I was feeling quite miserable and skipped my meeting on Wednesday. I was determined to pull it back and have a great week but that didn't exactly go to plan. I could have been worse...but I also could have been a lot better.

So as of 2 weeks ago, I was 21.5lbs down in total. I wouldn't be surprised to be up 3 or 4lbs tonight. I'm nervous, but as I said I'm also looking forward to starting afresh. This stage is the stage I've quit at before and I'm determined not to do it again this time.

WI at 12.30pm for me today. Nervous as usual. Had an okay week though. At this stage I'd be happy to STS though because I'm so far into my weight loss now. As of last week I'm 3st 9lbs down since 8th January. I've spotted some nice dresses in a few local shops - I'm on the lookout for my Christmas clothes. I want a really good before and after pic because my before pic is from last Christmas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

WI at 12.30pm for me today. Nervous as usual. Had an okay week though. At this stage I'd be happy to STS though because I'm so far into my weight loss now. As of last week I'm 3st 9lbs down since 8th January. I've spotted some nice dresses in a few local shops - I'm on the lookout for my Christmas clothes. I want a really good before and after pic because my before pic is from last Christmas. :)

Christ that is an amazing weight loss !
    I'd say i've lost the same 10 lbs about 3 times in that period, I'm like a yo yo - there's always something that comes up!!

right that has given me the kick up the arse i need!
    Full steam ahead......

on another note, was starving last night for some reason - but i resisted and had a cup of coffee to quel the hunger pangs - i wouldn't mind this was after my dinner!!!

I have leftover hair dieters Chicken Jalfrezi for dinner tonight, yummie!
    Has anyone gotten the second hairy dieters book, I see it's on sale with our book club at work, just wondering has anyone tried any of the recipes??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

If you stick to your daily PP, and you use all 49 weeklies, in your experience, do you still manage to be down?

Heat_Wave - I've lost 26lb since June, just 2lb away from my second stone, I'm now 10st 12lb and my goal is 10st 8lb. I've eaten my full daily points every single day, and my full 49 weeklies (and a few extra sometimes!) every single week since I joined, and I've had losses every single week except 2 weeks, following holidays. In my past 5 weigh-ins I've lost 3lb, 2lb, 0.5lb, 3lb and 1.5lb. I go for a jog once or twice a week, and that's it. I firmly believe that the plan works, and that if you stick to the points, you will lose weight! The infamous plateau will definitely happen if you under-eat. And eating the full 49 can shake your metabolism up a bit too and make your body work harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Heat_Wave - I've lost 26lb since June, just 2lb away from my second stone, I'm now 10st 12lb and my goal is 10st 8lb. I've eaten my full daily points every single day, and my full 49 weeklies (and a few extra sometimes!) every single week since I joined, and I've had losses every single week except 2 weeks, following holidays. In my past 5 weigh-ins I've lost 3lb, 2lb, 0.5lb, 3lb and 1.5lb. I go for a jog once or twice a week, and that's it. I firmly believe that the plan works, and that if you stick to the points, you will lose weight! The infamous plateau will definitely happen if you under-eat. And eating the full 49 can shake your metabolism up a bit too and make your body work harder.

And the 49 is, well, nice. Bottle of wine, bit of chocolate, nice taste of cheese, a bun... Makes life worthwhile to have a treat at the weekend, feels like less of a diet and more a lifestyle. Without my treats to look forward to I'd have lost my way long ago!!

2lbs up :(

Crap :mad:

• Advertisement

I've had a terrible few weeks! I'm so looking forward to getting on the scales tonight, just to draw a line under it.

My last WI was 2 weeks ago, and I was up .5lb. Usually that wouldn't bother me too much, but I'd had a good week, and I knew the following week would be bad as I was away for the weekend at a wedding, so I let it get to me a lot. I ate and drank rings around me for the week, I enjoyed it all though :D But then I was sick for a few days after the wedding (wasn't back in work until last Wednesday) and I was feeling quite miserable and skipped my meeting on Wednesday. I was determined to pull it back and have a great week but that didn't exactly go to plan. I could have been worse...but I also could have been a lot better.

So as of 2 weeks ago, I was 21.5lbs down in total. I wouldn't be surprised to be up 3 or 4lbs tonight. I'm nervous, but as I said I'm also looking forward to starting afresh. This stage is the stage I've quit at before and I'm determined not to do it again this time.

Go to your weigh in and draw a line under it and don't give up! you are doing so well. You are one of the posters that has really motivated me in the past so hopefully I can help motivate you aswell:)

2lbs up :(

Crap :mad:[/QUOTE

The weight loss you have had since christmas is brilliant so this 2lb up is only a glitch keep going because reading your posts and blog has really spurred me on.:)

Advertisement