Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

honeygirl wrote: »
    Go to your weigh in and draw a line under it and don't give up! you are doing so well. You are one of the posters that has really motivated me in the past so hopefully I can help motivate you aswell:)

Aw thanks a million, that's so lovely :) Yeah I'm gonna bite the bullet, I'm not going to beat myself up too much either. I'd love to be losing weight quicker and more consistently but the most important thing is to keep going, even if it's happening slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh thank you honeygirl :)

I'm glad the blog has helped you out. I haven't updated in 2 weeks so that's my mission over the next few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Heat_Wave - I've lost 26lb since June, just 2lb away from my second stone, I'm now 10st 12lb and my goal is 10st 8lb. I've eaten my full daily points every single day, and my full 49 weeklies (and a few extra sometimes!) every single week since I joined, and I've had losses every single week except 2 weeks, following holidays. In my past 5 weigh-ins I've lost 3lb, 2lb, 0.5lb, 3lb and 1.5lb. I go for a jog once or twice a week, and that's it. I firmly believe that the plan works, and that if you stick to the points, you will lose weight! The infamous plateau will definitely happen if you under-eat. And eating the full 49 can shake your metabolism up a bit too and make your body work harder.

:):):)

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! I have such a sweet tooth and without the weeklies I think I'd pack it in. I used all my weeklies last week and I was still down 1 lb today, such a relief, I had myself all prepared for a gain.

This week I'm thinking of doing the same while upping the exercise.

By some minor miracle I'm only up .5lb! Delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, Just back from my meeting and am a pound down:) Onwards and Downwards!

Have a nice weekend everyone:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

There is afternoon tea and cake here in my section for a fellow who is leaving......what on earth do I eat and how on earth will I point!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Can somebody please PM me links to their blogs? I know they would benefit me so much!

Hi all, Just back from my meeting and am a pound down:) Onwards and Downwards!

Have a nice weekend everyone:)

Well done :)
    pinkstars wrote: »
    There is afternoon tea and cake here in my section for a fellow who is leaving......what on earth do I eat and how on earth will I point!!!

Are there various cakes? If so, go for the plainest one possible, with the least cream and icing! And just have a small slice...and enjoy it! You can google later to try and estimate how many PP.

Earlier I decided to recheck the ProPoints in all the food items I eat regularly after having a little chat with myself.

I think I could possibly have discovered the reason for last week's gain. Not only did I eat bread almost every day (usually I'd have maybe 4 slices in the week) but I discovered I wasn't counting enough PPs for it. I use the Aldi Best of Both bread and assumed it was 2PP. Nope! It's actually 4PP PER SLICE! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Earlier I decided to recheck the ProPoints in all the food items I eat regularly after having a little chat with myself.

I think I could possibly have discovered the reason for last week's gain. Not only did I eat bread almost every day (usually I'd have maybe 4 slices in the week) but I discovered I wasn't counting enough PPs for it. I use the Aldi Best of Both bread and assumed it was 2PP. Nope! It's actually 4PP PER SLICE! :eek:

I hate when that happens. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago where I had pointed Milky Way bars as 2 but they're actually 3 :( at least you know the reason for the gain and you'll have it lost next week!

• Advertisement

I got myself some of the Irish Pride Slimsters bread which is 2PP for 1 slice but 3PP for 2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hey all. I have signed up for a 10k run on Nov 16th in the Phoenix Park for movember. I am running a challenge in my blog inviting anyone else to join team 59lbstogo in either running or walking the 5 or 10k that day. It's a fab cause and will be a great day out. Will have tshirts or anyone interested in joining up. It's a great excuse to move more in the dresser run up to the Xmas season!! Let me know if you are interested!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Hey all. I have signed up for a 10k run on Nov 16th in the Phoenix Park for movember. I am running a challenge in my blog inviting anyone else to join team 59lbstogo in either running or walking the 5 or 10k that day. It's a fab cause and will be a great day out. Will have tshirts or anyone interested in joining up. It's a great excuse to move more in the dresser run up to the Xmas season!! Let me know if you are interested!!

Sounds great tiny penguin count me in. Although im doing the 15 k glendalough trail the sat before so hopefully im still in one piece!!

I'm doing so well these last few days! Knitting seems to have stopped my need for snacking due to boredom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Hi there,
    I'm a regular reader of this thread so thought I'd join in, can't remember if I posted here on one of my previous WW efforts.
    I'm a gold member, and re-reached my target after having a baby. However, the last year has been filled with family stuff, and its crept back on with mindless snacking.
    I know what my bad habits are, and I know what's causing the weight to come back, so I decided that its time to grab the reins and get back on track.
    I look forward to getting to know you all and pick up the tips and recipes.
    Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Woo Hoo down 3lbs!
    Delighted....

Did loads of walking this week and really counted everything, lots of water etc....
    So same again for next week I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

7.5lbs down my first week :eek:
    Some of that definitely has to be because I had more food in my system when I joined up or something like that.. Still would like to hope that 3 or 4lbs of that is actual fat loss!
    Down to 29pp a day now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

jubella wrote: »
    7.5lbs down my first week :eek:
    Some of that definitely has to be because I had more food in my system when I joined up or something like that.. Still would like to hope that 3 or 4lbs of that is actual fat loss!
    Down to 29pp a day now :)

OMG!

Can I ask, Jubella, what your height is, and what your starting weight was? Totally understand if you don't want to divulge that information.

Just, I'd be curious about what I might possibly lose in a week if I get my arse in gear..

OMG!

Can I ask, Jubella, what your height is, and what your starting weight was? Totally understand if you don't want to divulge that information.

Just, I'd be curious about what I might possibly lose in a week if I get my arse in gear..

I'll PM you :)

Edit: Oh, I can't! Sorry just don't know if I'm ready to go posting my weight on the internet yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I'll PM you :)

Edit: Oh, I can't! Sorry just don't know if I'm ready to go posting my weight on the internet yet!

Hang on, let me change the setting, you should be able to PM me in about five minutes. ;)

• Advertisement

Hang on, let me change the setting, you should be able to PM me in about five minutes. ;)

Done :)

I'm actually so delighted because looking back over my tracker I ate all my dailies every day and 43 out of my 49 weeklies... Can't believe it works so well!

Done :)

I'm actually so delighted because looking back over my tracker I ate all my dailies every day and 43 out of my 49 weeklies... Can't believe it works so well!

Would you mind PM'ing me as well? I'm curious as well as I could use a kick as my weight loss has been so slow the last few weeks. Did you do anything like cut down on bread or anything or did you just stick to points.

I need some help...the last few weeks I have been perfect. I have been doing WW on and off since January but really gained weight during that time rather than lose. When I finally got my head in the right space and I'm doing everything right, the scales aren't budging. It's been really slow and if I have a night out even within my points, I'm guaranteed to be up. That was the case this week and I've decided not to go as I can't keep paying a tenner when I know I'll be up and its undeserved. I tried f&h for a few days but it doesn't suit me at this moment so I went back to pointing. Does anyone have any tips to help me get past this?

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Would you mind PM'ing me as well? I'm curious as well as I could use a kick as my weight loss has been so slow the last few weeks. Did you do anything like cut down on bread or anything or did you just stick to points.

Done!

I just stuck to my points - ate most of what I usually would have which included 2 slices of bread about 4 out of the 7 days. Had small treats like chocolate and crisps as well. Ate a lot more veg and smaller portions of everything.
    I'm sure it's just my body getting a little shock as only last week I was eating all around me! I'm still happy with the loss though :)

I need some help...the last few weeks I have been perfect. I have been doing WW on and off since January but really gained weight during that time rather than lose. When I finally got my head in the right space and I'm doing everything right, the scales aren't budging. It's been really slow and if I have a night out even within my points, I'm guaranteed to be up. That was the case this week and I've decided not to go as I can't keep paying a tenner when I know I'll be up and its undeserved. I tried f&h for a few days but it doesn't suit me at this moment so I went back to pointing. Does anyone have any tips to help me get past this?

Hi Duffy, I am the same in that I have to work really hard to get a weight loss each week. I have never had any higher then a 3lb loss and mostly its a pound or half pound.. I have to walk a few times a week and do boxercise or other exercise a few times a week in order to have any kind of loss.

The only advice that I could give is maybe to do a little more exercise and track and just keep at it because it will shift eventually.

Dont give up and if I can help in any way I will. To lose weight is the hardest thing that any of us can do so just keep going.:)

Hi Duffy, I am the same in that I have to work really hard to get a weight loss each week. I have never had any higher then a 3lb loss and mostly its a pound or half pound.. I have to walk a few times a week and do boxercise or other exercise a few times a week in order to have any kind of loss.

The only advice that I could give is maybe to do a little more exercise and track and just keep at it because it will shift eventually.

Dont give up and if I can help in any way I will. To lose weight is the hardest thing that any of us can do so just keep going.:)

Thanks so much for your reply. Its nice to know other people are in the same boat. I actually started the c25k yesterday which was big for me as I have been putting it off thinking I'm too big to do it :rolleyes: I'm going to do day 2 instead of going to weigh in so that will keep me away from the temptation of food. I'm coming to the realisation that I won't be at the weight I want to be at for a friend's wedding and I think that is what has bogged me down the last few weeks. Just going to keep going and hopefully next week it'll show :)

Thanks so much for your reply. Its nice to know other people are in the same boat. I actually started the c25k yesterday which was big for me as I have been putting it off thinking I'm too big to do it :rolleyes: I'm going to do day 2 instead of going to weigh in so that will keep me away from the temptation of food. I'm coming to the realisation that I won't be at the weight I want to be at for a friend's wedding and I think that is what has bogged me down the last few weeks. Just going to keep going and hopefully next week it'll show :)

Your right just do what you have to do for you and not for any occasion and set yourself little goals and work towards them. The c25k should help you achieve some of those goals aswell. This weight loss thing is a constant battle and it can get you down but just keep going and if there is anything I can do to help just ask:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Well I'm back, and I'm delighted at how great everyone is doing! I've been off the radar for the last month or so because I moved to Dublin and was living in a hostel with terrible internet.(Glamourous I know!)

So I've been eating rubbish but trying to stay good, and I've lost 3 pounds and got to my first goal weight! :) Now that I've found a place to live and have CONTROL over what I eat, and that I can plan my food I think I'll do better. I'm also moving to a new class so it's all go here!

Today didn't go well points-wise, but really it was a necessity and I don't feel bad. I haven't counted them yet, but I've my books here beside me to do it- day 1 of my week and all my weeklies are probably gone! But I was giving blood and you need the sugar and snacks they give you to keep you from fainting after. So I might not lose this week, but someone will be better off. Priorities.

But all in all, back on the wagon, and 9 pounds to go to my ultimate goal weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

godders wrote: »
    Sounds great tiny penguin count me in. Although im doing the 15 k glendalough trail the sat before so hopefully im still in one piece!!

Hi godders! Thats great and amazing doing the glendalough trail. I have done that before and its tough!

Sending you a PM now with information on how to join up etc.

If anyone else is interested then let me know. We have 6 team members so far getting involved! The more the merrier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Oh i was 4lbs away from goal two weeks, missed last week and didnt go this Monday. I just no ive put up weight, im so close but all my bad eating habits are coming back! Please someone give me the kick up the backside i need to get motivated again! 4 lbs its so close but feels so far away :(

Advertisement