Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Made a chicken and cashew nut stir fry for dinner this eve. My leader gave us the recipe a few weeks back. 6pp per serving (and another few for rice). It was fab. Will post the recipe later in the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

ck83 wrote: »
    Made a chicken and cashew nut stir fry for dinner this eve. My leader gave us the recipe a few weeks back. 6pp per serving (and another few for rice). It was fab. Will post the recipe later in the week!

Oh that sounds yummy.
    I love cashew nuts.

I was just OK food-wise this weekend but I've been exercising a lot so I'm hoping that will stem any damage I may have done!

I ran the 2nd of the 5Ks last night and came in 7 mins ahead of last week's time so was deeeeeeelighed with myself!
    Had my dinner when I got home, spag bol with wholewheat spaghetti, low fat steak mince and lots of veggies. Yum.

I have so much going on for the next 2 months that WW is going to be incredibly difficult. I have my hols, 3 work trips abroad, a wedding and a 40th birthday party. *groan*

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Sounds lovely will you post the recipe, could do with a few new ideas, seem to be eating the same things all the time. Thanks

[QUOTE=
    I have so much going on for the next 2 months that WW is going to be incredibly difficult. I have my hols, 3 work trips abroad, a wedding and a 40th birthday party. *groan*[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean and i know people say you have to have a life and i do, but im just 5.5lbs from goal but i have so much on in the coming weeks ill just have to be extra good from Monday to Friday. Im giving my self till xmas to get to goal. I very rarely drink which means i have my 49 points to spend across the week so i might add a few points each day and a few treats at the weekend but the problem is then because i get use to that when i have something on at the weekend i have to try to stick to 26 points every other day and i really struggle with that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi guys!

I havent logged in in a while but Ive been reading. Last time here I was 13lbs down but the holidays hit and I went up by 6lbs. Im back on the wagon and lost 3 lbs last week and I would love to lose the other 3 this week and be back on track. I dont know if I will as I was out a few times over the weekend for lunch etc but Im exercising a lot.

I started Spin 10 days ago. I've been doing that and football and aerobics. I have to say, contrary to popular opinion, spin is excellent. Its 45 mins, very high intensity and the sweat... well Ill leave that part to your imagination. Its very tough but so worth it as I burn more calories than I ever would in the gym.

My problem is food not exercise. Oh well, onwards and downwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Down another 2 tonight :) I made it into the 10s last week but now I'm comfortably in them - for the first time in quite a few years. Onwards and downwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Boys & Girls, Young's Admiral Pie is absolutely yum and it's only 9pp. I got a few in Tesco on offer the other day and I was thinking it'd be around 12 or 13pp but it's very filling for 9pp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Things are going ok so far in my first week! Have been going to the gym everyday after work since Monday so hope to keep that up! Looking forward to the weekend as I have all my 49 pps left so hope to have a treat or two:) I notice also that once I come home after the gym and have my dinner that I'm not as hungry - maybe thats because I'm having dinner later?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

leahyl wrote: »
    Things are going ok so far in my first week! Have been going to the gym everyday after work since Monday so hope to keep that up! Looking forward to the weekend as I have all my 49 pps left so hope to have a treat or two:) I notice also that once I come home after the gym and have my dinner that I'm not as hungry - maybe thats because I'm having dinner later?

I used to do that too but found I was kinda rushing the gym as I was hungry and wanted to get home!
    Now I have dinner first and save a couple of pp for a wee treat when I get in.

With the 5K thing I'm doing every Tuesday now it starts at 7pm so I wait and have dinner when I get home and then don't need any snacks, so that works well too!
    I guess whatever works!!

Off to Westport for the weekend so will try to be sorta good food-wise although I know we'll be out for dinner.

Eek.

I often go for prawn fajitas as the worst part of those is the wraps. Plus O'Malley's do yummy ones!

:D

Have my wi at lunchtime and have fingers crossed for a stay the same, was out twice over the weekend so prob deserve a gain but we cant all dream :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Happy Monday Everyone. Ive been on Hols and very bold. I gained 3 pounds in a week but hey it was a holiday. Today is a fresh start so i made a salad. Its creamy chicken salad for 3 pp. Here's the link to it http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-creamy-chicken-salad.html Good luck to everyone with wi this week:-)

Yipee down 1lb and got my 6th silver 7 so happy, 4.5lbs from goal and more determined than ever to get there onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ooooh I've made that a few times its yummy! The only bad thing about it is the lack of cashew nuts! Its such a small portion (from the WW recipe anyway) and I love cashew nuts!
    ccseli wrote: »
    Happy Monday Everyone. Ive been on Hols and very bold. I gained 3 pounds in a week but hey it was a holiday. Today is a fresh start so i made a salad. Its creamy chicken salad for 3 pp. Here's the link to it http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-creamy-chicken-salad.html Good luck to everyone with wi this week:-)

3 pounds isn't a bad gain for holidays, I went on two holidays this year (I know lucky me ha) the first time I got away with putting on 1 pound but the second I put on a whopping 5 pounds, so ya did good! Plus ya enjoyed it so thats the main thing! Also, loving the blog, keep it up :D
    Yipee down 1lb and got my 6th silver 7 so happy, 4.5lbs from goal and more determined than ever to get there onwards and downwards :)

Well done, slightly jealous I have to say! I'm on day 3 of my planning-to-be-extra-strict week, dying get closer to that goal I threw myself away from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Well done! You must be feeling great! :D

Had some cake in work today - one of the girls birthday. Had 5 daily points to allocate to it and gonna take 5 out of my weeklies to be sure. Don't think I had 10 pp worth (had tastes of a couple of diff cakes so not a slice I could see) but I'd rather over count than under count it.

Anyone any suggestions on a good low point breakfast for before pilates? Was gonna do some scrambled eggs with tomatoes and then some fruit. And then have my nature valley bar after. After my dizzy spell last week wanna make sure I'm ok tomorrow! Can have a lighter dinner and lunch to compensate for using so many on breakfast.

Here's that recipe for chicken and cashew nuts.... it's super yum!

Chicken and cashew nuts
    Takes 30 mins
    Propoints per serving: 6
    Serves 4
    Ingredients
    1 teaspoon sunflower oil
    40g cashew nuts, halved
    2 teaspoons sesame oil
    2 carrot, peeled and cut into thin batons
    150g baby corn, cut into thirds
    100g mange tout, halved
    2 garlic cloves, sliced
    A bunch of spring onions, cut into 2.5cm lengths, reserving some, sliced finely, to garnish
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon dry sherry
    300 ml chicken stock
    1 tablespoon cornflour

Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and gently brown the cashew nuts. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
    Coat the chicken in the sesame oil, then tip into the hot wok and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
    Add the carrots, baby corm, mange tout and garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes.
    Stir in the spring onions, soy sauce and sherry and cook for 1 minute.
    Return the cashew nuts to the wok, add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
    Blend the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of cold water, then stir into the sauce until slightly thickened. Serve immediately.

Have had my best couple of food days for a good while today and yesterday. started a shiny new tracker yesterday, and tracked everything. was out for lunch with work, AND had friends over for dinner, but did quite well I think, and today was on a course, and rather than the scone everyone was having at break time, I had me a diet yoghurt and a banana... go me!!! Going to make a big effort with exercise over the next few days, as I'm off work for the weekend, and for the start of next week too.
    It's been a while since I've felt this positive about it all!!!

Anyone any suggestions on a good low point breakfast for before pilates? Was gonna do some scrambled eggs with tomatoes and then some fruit. And then have my nature valley bar after. After my dizzy spell last week wanna make sure I'm ok tomorrow! Can have a lighter dinner and lunch to compensate for using so many on breakfast.

I have oat bran every morning and it fills me up right until lunch - and that includes doing my daily cycle to work and pre-lunch run!

Soak 30g of oat bran in 1 cup of water overnight. Then in the morning, add a drop of vanilla essence to it and boil it up, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes. In the mean time mash up a banana with some cinnamon. When the oat bran is all cooked, transfer it into a bowl and mix in the banana. It's so filling and tasty and only 3pp!

I used to have porridge but I found the texture to be too slimy and grainy at the same time. I also found it wasn't providing me with enough fibre. Oat bran has a lovely smooth, creamy, texture and is naturally sweet so you won't need to add sweetener or honey. It's packed full of protein too which you will need if you're going to be exercising.

As soon as you're finished your pilates, have some berries (grapes/blueberries/strawberry/raspberry mixture) with some fat free natural yoghurt (the Onken one is only 1pp for 150g) to replenish your sugars and give you a good protein blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

cosmic wrote: »
    I have oat bran every morning and it fills me up right until lunch - and that includes doing my daily cycle to work and pre-lunch run!

Soak 30g of oat bran in 1 cup of water overnight. Then in the morning, add a drop of vanilla essence to it and boil it up, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes. In the mean time mash up a banana with some cinnamon. When the oat bran is all cooked, transfer it into a bowl and mix in the banana. It's so filling and tasty and only 3pp!

I used to have porridge but I found the texture to be too slimy and grainy at the same time. I also found it wasn't providing me with enough fibre. Oat bran has a lovely smooth, creamy, texture and is naturally sweet so you won't need to add sweetener or honey. It's packed full of protein too which you will need if you're going to be exercising.

As soon as you're finished your pilates, have some berries (grapes/blueberries/strawberry/raspberry mixture) with some fat free natural yoghurt (the Onken one is only 1pp for 150g) to replenish your sugars and give you a good protein blast.

Hi Cosmic. I gave porridge a million chances because I heard people rant and rave about how filling it was and I really wanted to like it and tried it with loads of different things and loads of different ways but I hated it. I am a big texture eater so am wondering, do you think I would like oat bran? I like quite sweet things and would even put sweetener on cornflakes etc.

dammitj wrote: »
    I used to do that too but found I was kinda rushing the gym as I was hungry and wanted to get home!
    Now I have dinner first and save a couple of pp for a wee treat when I get in.

With the 5K thing I'm doing every Tuesday now it starts at 7pm so I wait and have dinner when I get home and then don't need any snacks, so that works well too!
    I guess whatever works!!

:D

Yeah I used to do what you do! I used to go all the way home (other side of the city), have my dinner and then drive back to the other side of the city for the gym - I soon got sick of that! I just couldnt pick myself up off the couch to go to the gym once I had had my dinner:o

I was making excuses about going after work for ages and then when I thought about it I realised that I was capable of waiting an hour or so for dinner - so I finish work at 5 - takes about 10/15 mins to drive to gym and I'm out again an hour later so home for around 6.45/7.00 - have my dinner then! Working a treat....at the moment anyway...:pac:

Monife wrote: »
    I gave porridge a million chances because I heard people rant and rave about how filling it was and I really wanted to like it and tried it with loads of different things and loads of different ways but I hated it.

Me too! I used to eat it on days when I needed my pps for the evenings but I never enjoyed it.
    Monife wrote: »
    I am a big texture eater so am wondering, do you think I would like oat bran?

I think so! The consistency is kind of similar to porridge but it's not slimy and the bits in it are tiny so it's not horribly grainy. If you mix the mashed banana and cinnamon in after you've transferred it into a bowl the texture is just lovely. I know Flahavans do one but I use Odlums. It's only about €1.75 in most supermarkets for a 500g bag. Try it and let me know how you get on :)

Day 4 and I'm going okay. Been cutting myself short a point or two every day to make up for a lack of exercise. Also trying not to use any weeklies, both with the hope of shocking my body a bit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Was down a pound today and was disappointed but then realised I was lucky to be down anything at all!

Spinning tonight :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey everyone,

Ive just added a recipe for Garlic Butter on the blog. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-garlic-butter.html. So far im being really good this week, lets hope that the weekend proves as good for me. I hope you all have a great weekend:-)

Does anybody know many pps 5 squares of cadbury fruit and nut is (from the huge bar! I think those squares are smaller than the 8 square bar?!)

CavanGal wrote: »
    Was down a pound today and was disappointed but then realised I was lucky to be down anything at all!

Spinning tonight :(

Oh you'll learn! The closer you get to goal the more you'll appreciate those smaller losses as it gets much harder to even shed half a pound! Be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

cosmic wrote: »

2 scrambled eggs with tomato filled me nicely and kept me going for pilates - didnt even need the cereal bar after which is great.

I am intrigued by your oat brad idea though. I also am not mad on porridge - I used to love it but I cant seem to stomach it any more at all. Can you cook it in the microwave? Have you tried it with anything other than banana and cinnamon (dont like warm banana or banana flavour, just under-ripe uncooked banana - im a bit weird)

Just off to visit my aunt and uncle for the night. My aunt is a total feeder! Yikes! Hope she doesn't ruin my good week back on track!!

Went to culture night last night in Cork and bought a raspberry brownie in the English Market nom nom! I pointed it as 9pps? Would this be accurate? I looked it up on the net! Anyway I've taken it out of my weeklies!

Heading to town now and meeting friends for lunch so will prob get a veg soup or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Down 2.5 lbs this morning, although when I last weighed in it was evening... Next week will tell I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

would anyone know how many pp are in the individual uncle bens boil in the bag brown long grain rice bags

thanks in advance

• Advertisement

molly09 wrote: »
    would anyone know how many pp are in the individual uncle bens boil in the bag brown long grain rice bags

thanks in advance
    Rice is generally 1 pp per 10g uncooked. So if you have the box it should tell you how many grams are in each portion, and you can work it out from there!

Advertisement