Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

After being up 1lb over the last 3 weeks (missed one week, and went up .5lb each of the other two weeks) I was down 2lbs tonight. Perfectly happy with that, any minus is a plus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Snap! I lost the 2 that I put up last week so I'm back on track now, happy days!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

After being up 1lb over the last 3 weeks (missed one week, and went up .5lb each of the other two weeks) I was down 2lbs tonight. Perfectly happy with that, any minus is a plus :D
    Snap! I lost the 2 that I put up last week so I'm back on track now, happy days!! :D

Well done both of you! Hopefully I will get some good news at my weigh in tomorrow as I have worked really hard this week.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good luck honeygirl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Quick question ladies.
    I know from experience when your on the programme a while, and regularly attend meetings, you can reach a certain level of WW fatigue... you've heard the tips before (albeit there's always something new) and you know a particular leader's go-to replacements be it porridge, pink and whites, or whatever...
    I decided after my meeting on Tueday that instead of nodding along and thinking that sounds good, to actually implement some of the changes that I've always heard but for whatever reason I've never actually tired.
    Sounds simple and silly that I haven't til now but there you go.
    I noticed one of my problems was that snacking had crept in, silly things like biccies with a cuppa in the evening.
    At the meeting I heard again, about sugar free jelly,tinned fruit and a WW yogurt over the top.... In all the years I'm doing WW I've never tried this. Dunno why, probably laziness or something, but I gave it a go, and OMIGOD!!!!
    For 1 pro point, I had a huge bowl of dessert that took about 10 minutes to eat, when I could have mindlessly eaten my way through 8 or 9 points of chocolate chip cookies.
    So simple, yet such an eye opener. Think I got my head back in the game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I'm still doing well considering I can't make my meetings.

For the first time in about 20 years I am in single figures - I hit 9st 9lb this week!!! So only 9 more pounds to get to goal, & in my mini goals I have 2lb to get to two stone gone.

I had to buy more clothes at the weekend and the feeling of fitting into a them is just unreal.

I know it's taking me over a year to get this far but feck it....I'm here & I will be down to 9 stone for xmas!

Natmus wrote: »
    I'm still doing well considering I can't make my meetings.

For the first time in about 20 years I am in single figures - I hit 9st 9lb this week!!! So only 9 more pounds to get to goal, & in my mini goals I have 2lb to get to two stone gone.

I had to buy more clothes at the weekend and the feeling of fitting into a them is just unreal.

I know it's taking me over a year to get this far but feck it....I'm here & I will be down to 9 stone for xmas!

Good for you!

My mini-goal is 2.5stone gone by Christmas. That's 12lbs in 9/10 (?) weeks. So here's hoping :)

Does anyone here not have a clue what their ultimate goal weight is? I presume when someone has a good bit of weight to lose it's not something that's discussed until they're a good bit closer. I know I have a long way to go, I don't think I even want to know what my goal weight is, it's too daunting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi, am just back from my weigh in and was 3lb down am so delighted!:) Good luck to everyone who still has to weigh in this week and congrats to all who did so well.:)

The Magpie, that dessert sounds lovely am going to try it. thanks

Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi, am just back from my weigh in and was 3lb down am so delighted!:) Good luck to everyone who still has to weigh in this week and congrats to all who did so well.:)

The Magpie, that dessert sounds lovely am going to try it. thanks

Onwards and Downwards!

Well done that's a great loss!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Good for you!

My mini-goal is 2.5stone gone by Christmas. That's 12lbs in 9/10 (?) weeks. So here's hoping :)

Does anyone here not have a clue what their ultimate goal weight is? I presume when someone has a good bit of weight to lose it's not something that's discussed until they're a good bit closer. I know I have a long way to go, I don't think I even want to know what my goal weight is, it's too daunting :D

I noticed on the screen the my goal is 10 stone 8lbs. I haven't discussed it with my leader yet but I might go with that and then see how low I can go myself. You don't want to set it too low and struggle to maintain it so better off going higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I noticed on the screen the my goal is 10 stone 8lbs. I haven't discussed it with my leader yet but I might go with that and then see how low I can go myself. You don't want to set it too low and struggle to maintain it so better off going higher.

The goal that shows up on the screen for me is 10st 8lb too Duffy89! At 5'6 though and firmly a size 10-12 I think I'll go a bit lower than that. I'm 10st 13lb now and I still don't feel "thin", and my BMI has only recently gone under 25, so I think my own personal goal is 9st 10lb, which would put me exactly 3 stone lighter than when I started WW.

When I told my leader that though she said she thought I'd look too thin at 9st 10lb, so I guess I'll just keep going until I feel good and can maintain the loss.

Also, I tried McDonaghs fish and chips (anyone from Galway willl know what I'm talking about!) for the first time tonight...and found it way too greasy, I couldn't stomach it. 3 months ago I'd have devoured it, and more!

Also, I tried McDonaghs fish and chips (anyone from Galway willl know what I'm talking about!) for the first time tonight...and found it way too greasy, I couldn't stomach it. 3 months ago I'd have devoured it, and more!

I always found McDonaghs too greasy, and I love fish and chips! Always thought it was very overrated :o but well done on your NSV :D

Now I'd love some fish and chips :/ Although my boyfriend made me a delicious chilli and ginger beef stir fry tonight which I'm still quite full from. I'm not huge on veg, I like peppers, onions, mushrooms, beansprouts, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, green beans, peas...but not a lot else. He's always trying to get me to eat more. He threw some brocolli in and said just to taste it, and I actually really liked it! So I'll have to keep broadening my horizons :D

Now I'd love some fish and chips :/ Although my boyfriend made me a delicious chilli and ginger beef stir fry tonight which I'm still quite full from. I'm not huge on veg, I like peppers, onions, mushrooms, beansprouts, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, green beans, peas...but not a lot else. He's always trying to get me to eat more. He threw some brocolli in and said just to taste it, and I actually really liked it! So I'll have to keep broadening my horizons :D

Usually when I'm craving fish and chips I'll get a Donegal Catch cod or haddock fillet in breadcrumbs and bake it (between 7 and 9pp) and do butternut squash chips for 1pp (with oil), and to be honest, I much prefer it now! I never thought WW would change the way I eat as much as it has. The same thing has happened me with Chinese takeaways, I just don't get the same kick out of it as I used to. I prefer making a good curry at home, packing it with veggies, and making "fake" cauliflower rice with it for 0pp. And I make homemade pizza now too. It works out so much cheaper than getting takeaway!

Usually when I'm craving fish and chips I'll get a Donegal Catch cod or haddock fillet in breadcrumbs and bake it (between 7 and 9pp) and do butternut squash chips for 1pp (with oil), and to be honest, I much prefer it now! I never thought WW would change the way I eat as much as it has. The same thing has happened me with Chinese takeaways, I just don't get the same kick out of it as I used to. I prefer making a good curry at home, packing it with veggies, and making "fake" cauliflower rice with it for 0pp. And I make homemade pizza now too. It works out so much cheaper than getting takeaway!

Yeah when I want my chipper fix I have baked breaded chicken breast, BNS chips and chipshop curry sauce :)

I still get a takeaway every so often (once every 2/3 weeks) but I love cooking anyway, so I usually get more enjoyment out of something I put an effort into making myself! Indian is my takeaway of choice and I adore making curries from scratch, at least I know exactly what's going in and I can cut back on oil to make it healthier. I still have rice (not pilau though :() and naan (the WW ones...it's not the same but it does the job!) so it's not exactly a low point meal, but it's something I'll make on a Friday or Saturday night as a "treat" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

I'm intrigued by the "cauliflower rice".
    Can anyone explain how you prepare/cook this?
    Does it have a strong taste?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itsoktobehappy

Hi. Has anyone any idea how many pps a man should be on? Boyf joined about two years ago and is sure he was told 49 a day but has been trying it at home for the last few weeks using 49 and has had no luck. He doesnt want to rejoin a class but would like to work away at it at home. About 5'7 and 13 stone 9lbs, BMI of 30. Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I wish I was that disiplined...I still love my takeaways!

Hi. Has anyone any idea how many pps a man should be on? Boyf joined about two years ago and is sure he was told 49 a day but has been trying it at home for the last few weeks using 49 and has had no luck. He doesnt want to rejoin a class but would like to work away at it at home. About 5'7 and 13 stone 9lbs, BMI of 30. Thanks for any help!

49 seems like a lot, I wonder is he getting mixed up with the weekly allowance of 49pp on top of the daily allowance. I can't remember how the calculation is done, but does he have his book? It should tell him there.

49 seems like a lot, I wonder is he getting mixed up with the weekly allowance of 49pp on top of the daily allowance. I can't remember how the calculation is done, but does he have his book? It should tell him there.

That's what I thought! And he hasn't been losing weight so that could be why. I have my blue folder with the books. Can I work out his points using that?

• Advertisement

That's what I thought! And he hasn't been losing weight so that could be why. I have my blue folder with the books. Can I work out his points using that?

I don't know, have you checked?! I can't remember if it's something that you can work out yourself, or if it's something you find out when you step on the scales.

I don't know, have you checked?! I can't remember if it's something that you can work out yourself, or if it's something you find out when you step on the scales.

Yeah I had a look through my books at home and no info there on calculating propoint allowance. Thought I may have missed it when you said it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have a WW calculator here and can work out his points for you but I need his age.

I have a WW calculator here and can work out his points for you but I need his age.

That would be amazing! Thank you so much. His details: Male, 26 years of age, Weight 13.9, Height 5'7, BMI 30.

Thanks a million. He is really dying to get stuck in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Calculator says he should be on 42.

Calculator says he should be on 42.

Oh ok. He was a fair bit off then when you consider he was eating 49 extra a week. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it. Time to beat the bulge now :)

Oh ok. He was a fair bit off then when you consider he was eating 49 extra a week. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it. Time to beat the bulge now :)

Does he know about the 49 weeklies he can eat on top of his dailies? If he has been eating 49 a day, and none of his weeklies then he was doing it right :D

Does he know about the 49 weeklies he can eat on top of his dailies? If he has been eating 49 a day, and none of his weeklies then he was doing it right :D

Yeah he was eating 49 daily and then using the extra 49 throughout the week too! Oops!

Yeah he was eating 49 daily and then using the extra 49 throughout the week too! Oops!

Haha well then hopefully he'll see some good results this week :D

• Advertisement

Haha well then hopefully he'll see some good results this week :D

Fingers crossed! Thanks for the help! :)

Advertisement