Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

The Magpie wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by the "cauliflower rice".
    Can anyone explain how you prepare/cook this?
    Does it have a strong taste?
    Thanks

I wash and dry some cauliflower florets, then throw them in a food processor until they're in pieces that look like rice. Then you can either microwave the whole lot on high for 5-7 minutes, depending on how cooked you like it, to make "boiled rice" or you can fry it with some spring onion and an egg to make "fried rice!

I really like it - it doesn't taste too strongly of cauliflower, but you would know it's not rice! I usually eat it with a curry, or something equally as strong flavoured, so the cauliflower taste gets covered up. It tricks my mind into thinking I'm not missing out, since I can eat a big pile of it for 0pp and it looks just like rice on my plate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, I was out and about all day yesterday and had my brekki and lunch out.. When I came home I had dinner with the kids, but when I sat down last night to write everything out I realised I had eaten 57 pro points:eek: The thing is I didn't overeat I just made the wrong choices:( It just showed me how easy it is to do:confused: so I am gonna have to pull back because my weight watchers halo is well and truly around my ankles:P So annoyed at myself!

Anyway I took the extra from my 49 and am going to try and be extra good today. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Here in the queue for my wi in my new meeting. Terrified after the last few weeks. Going to cook all my weeks meals this weekend though so I'll be taking back my control! Fingers crossed it'll work!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 siofraban

I joined ww November 8th 2012 nearly a year and iv lost 5 stone 3 pounds to date. Im just wondering in relation to my goal weight does everyone go along with the one they see at the top of the screen in class? I really think my goal they are saying is too low,

siofraban wrote: »
    I joined ww November 8th 2012 nearly a year and iv lost 5 stone 3 pounds to date. Im just wondering in relation to my goal weight does everyone go along with the one they see at the top of the screen in class? I really think my goal they are saying is too low,

Hi Siofraban, The goal weight is initially set by the leader but it is up to both of you to agree on your final goal and if you are not happy and the leader is sticking to that weight you can always get a letter from your doctor and that can change it.

My god that is some amount of weight that you have lost in a year congratulations thats brilliant:)

• Advertisement

Yesterday at my meeting I bought the calculator (which I love! I didn't know it tracked too!) and it's giving me an allowance of 29 a day, but when I started she said 27? I used my original weight too, and it still says 29. Has anyone else had that problem? Which should I go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

siofraban wrote: »

You can discuss it with your leader. You can set it at any weight you want as long as its within the healthy BMI range. Well done on your loss so far you've done so well. Any tips :)
    keesa wrote: »
    Yesterday at my meeting I bought the calculator (which I love! I didn't know it tracked too!) and it's giving me an allowance of 29 a day, but when I started she said 27? I used my original weight too, and it still says 29. Has anyone else had that problem? Which should I go for?

What are your stats and I can check it as well. Is the calculator an up to date one as it could be an old one which isn't programmed for the lower points as it used to be that 29 was the lowest points you could be on.

My self sabotaging time off ends today, well after dinner later. I'm heading out for dinner with the family, not sure yet where so can't plan what to have. Can't wait for weigh in next week to get it over with so I can move on. On a plus side, I started c25k last week and I completed week one yesterday. I love it and can't wait to start week 2 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

I wash and dry some cauliflower florets, then throw them in a food processor until they're in pieces that look like rice. Then you can either microwave the whole lot on high for 5-7 minutes, depending on how cooked you like it, to make "boiled rice" or you can fry it with some spring onion and an egg to make "fried rice!

I really like it - it doesn't taste too strongly of cauliflower, but you would know it's not rice! I usually eat it with a curry, or something equally as strong flavoured, so the cauliflower taste gets covered up. It tricks my mind into thinking I'm not missing out, since I can eat a big pile of it for 0pp and it looks just like rice on my plate!
    Not a fan of cauliflower, but I think its worth a go, especially to bulk out a meal and sneak in some vegtables, thanks.

I do use courgette spaghetti strips instead of pasta when I want a low fat meal, and its surprisingly quick and tasty, and a lot less stodgey.
    If anyone wants to try it, you peel a courgette, then slice it in thin strips with a vegtable peeler, the effect is like ribbons.
    Give it a pat with kitchen paper, and then a quick flash fry with some spray oil, a minute is more than enough.
    NYOM:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Another 2lbs down this week! Was hoping for 3 but still very happy with that :) That's 9.5lbs in 2 weeks!!
    Down to 28pp now - Really going to try get into some proper exercise this week too.. If I lose another 2lbs next week I'll be ecstatic!

I'm finding myself starting to crave veggies now, which is very strange for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

Just wondering if there's room for one more here. I rejoined ww this morning weighing in at my all time heaviest. I have 3 1/2 stone too lose. Here's hoping I'll be posting a loss next week. Good luck to all waiting their weigh in this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lillibeth wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's room for one more here. I rejoined ww this morning weighing in at my all time heaviest. I have 3 1/2 stone too lose. Here's hoping I'll be posting a loss next week. Good luck to all waiting their weigh in this week.

Welcome :)

Of course there is! Its gone very quiet around here so the more the merrier!

Moment of truth tonight. After effectively taking 2 weeks off I'm expecting to be up a lot tonight. I'm so annoyed with myself but that is a good thing as I realised I don't want to feel like this anymore!

Duffy89 wrote: »

Moment of truth tonight. After effectively taking 2 weeks off I'm expecting to be up a lot tonight. I'm so annoyed with myself but that is a good thing as I realised I don't want to feel like this anymore!

Good look with your WI tonight Duffy. I was having a read of your blog and your second-last entry really hit home with me.
    So where do I go from here? I got into the habit of not staying for meetings the last few weeks. I would go and weigh in but then head to the shops.......so from here on in, I am not going to miss any meetings. The meetings are the core to losing weight and I have a great leader so I need to make the most of the tenner a week. There is also going to be no more clock watching. Mini goals are great but if you are setting yourself deadlines then you may be setting yourself up for failure, at least that's the case with me. I have said this before but I have never truly believed it.....I need to take it a week at a time and a lb at a time. I need to be more positive and find that belief in myself again. Most importantly I need to never give up!

I could really relate to all of this! I've been a bit non-committal about my meetings lately too. My problem is that I don't WI until 6.45, meeting isn't over until 7.45 and I'm always absolutely starving, so a lot of the time I just leave and go to the shop. As you said, it is a waste of money. It's something I've been thinking about a lot this week, so I'm determined to stay from now on!

Completely agree with you about one week at a time, and one pound at a time as well. I have set myself a mini-goal for Christmas, but it's not set in stone. If I don't reach it, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. The most important thing is that I'll be closer to it than I was previously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Welcome :)

Best of luck to you and everyone waiting to WI. Mine's tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

How do you all feel about alcohol? If you stay within your weeklies do you find that you can still maintain/be down?

I had 6 glasses of dry white wine the other night (30 PP I think, actually could someone verify this please?) and the following day I felt very slim as I was dehydrated, but this morning I woke up really bloated and I'm terrified I'll be up! I used all my weeklies but didn't go beyond that.

Also, I find it crazy that a vodka and diet coke is only 2 PP! I'd be in hospital if I used all 49 weeklies on that :D

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    How do you all feel about alcohol? If you stay within your weeklies do you find that you can still maintain/be down?

I had 6 glasses of dry white wine the other night (30 PP I think, actually could someone verify this please?) and the following day I felt very slim as I was dehydrated, but this morning I woke up really bloated and I'm terrified I'll be up! I used all my weeklies but didn't go beyond that.

Also, I find it crazy that a vodka and diet coke is only 2 PP! I'd be in hospital if I used all 49 weeklies on that :D

Wine can vary from label to label. Alcohol is calculated differently to food, it's calculated based on calories, carbs and fat. I've pointed bottles of white anywhere from 18pp to 23pp!

An Irish measure of vodka (or pretty much most spirits) is actually 3pp. Irish pub measures are 35ml. In the Uk they're only 25ml and that's 2pp.

I've pretty much drank every weekend since I started WW and I've still done pretty well.

Your body metabolises alcohol quicker than food as it doesn't require alcohol. As long as you're not going overboard, a few drinks every week isn't going to massively hinder your weight loss.

Hi Lillibeth, This is a great site for motivation so welcome.:)
    Duffy89 wrote: »

Hi Duffy, Glad to see you've got your mojo back,:) How is the couch to 5K going? Just go tonight and take what comes and hopefully you won't be up too much..

Good luck to everyone who has a weigh in to come this week. I have mine on Thursday and hopefully I have done enough to get another loss.:)

Weighing in tomorrow early because I've a wedding this weekend and I'll miss my meeting. I had "healthy burgers" tonight for tea and I thought I just had to share the recipe! It's only 6 PP! And a few weeks ago I had a big mac meal as a treat- 23 pp and I felt like throwing up after!

100gms of extra lean (I used dunnes 95% lean) beef mince
    2 tomatoes,
    some lettuce (I used tescos round lettuce, small but cheap!)
    30g whole grain rice

weigh out your beef, sprinkle with salt and pepper and some herbs. shape into 3 small burger patties, and fry on a non stick pan.

boil rice

chop tomatoes into slices and place on top of washed and separated leaves of lettuce.

Put the rice on the side of the plate, pop the burgers onto the tomato/lettuce piles and put some ketchup on then top with more tomato.

It's delicious! and it's Proper meat and Proper carbs! I'd say onion or mushroom would be nice with it too :)

I just realised I won't have a meeting next week - they're on mondays and next week is a bank holiday.

I don't really want to go to a different meeting next week - will i get charged for missing a week if I don't go to another meeting?

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    I just realised I won't have a meeting next week - they're on mondays and next week is a bank holiday.

I don't really want to go to a different meeting next week - will i get charged for missing a week if I don't go to another meeting?

No you won't be charged :)

No you won't be charged :)

Great, thank you! :)

Good look with your WI tonight Duffy. I was having a read of your blog and your second-last entry really hit home with me.

I could really relate to all of this! I've been a bit non-committal about my meetings lately too. My problem is that I don't WI until 6.45, meeting isn't over until 7.45 and I'm always absolutely starving, so a lot of the time I just leave and go to the shop. As you said, it is a waste of money. It's something I've been thinking about a lot this week, so I'm determined to stay from now on!

Completely agree with you about one week at a time, and one pound at a time as well. I have set myself a mini-goal for Christmas, but it's not set in stone. If I don't reach it, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. The most important thing is that I'll be closer to it than I was previously!

Thanks. I was up 4.5lbs but tbh I was expecting more so I'll take it and move on. My meeting is at 7 so most weeks I won't be home until 8.30 and I just hit the McDonalds drive through on the way home out of pure laziness which sets me off badly for the week. Its something I'm trying to change and tonight I came home and cooked dinner and I feel so much better for it. I'm glad I went back and stayed as it was all about being committed and looking at the bigger picture and not just the scales. Even though I was up 4.5lbs, I was down 6.5 inches and I started the c25k so its not all bad! You're dead right about being that bit closer after every weigh in. That's what is the hardest about the gain tonight. I was a lb away from my silver seven and now I'm 5.5lbs away. Hopefully we'll both be close enough to where we want to be come Christmas....slow and steady :)

Heat_Wave wrote: »

I'm realising that I can't really drink alcohol and have good results. Even if I'm within my points, I won't see the result I want on the scales. I was tempted to give it up entirely for the sake of weight loss but I need to be able to have my social life as well. You just need to see what works for you. It may not effect you but if it does, decide what's more important to you :)
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, Glad to see you've got your mojo back,:) How is the couch to 5K going? Just go tonight and take what comes and hopefully you won't be up too much..

Good luck to everyone who has a weigh in to come this week. I have mine on Thursday and hopefully I have done enough to get another loss.:)

Thanks honeygirl. I went and I'm glad I did. I was up 4.5lbs but my leader was so nice and the meeting was really encouraging. I'm all ready for the week ahead so here's hoping! I have week one done and I'm starting week 2 tomorrow. I should have started it yesterday but ended up getting home late. I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to get running properly! I think it was the reason I wasn't up 6/7lbs as I thought I would be!

On a side note, I put my scales away the other day and honestly it was the best thing I did all week. I was getting obsessed with them and it was nice to go to weigh in tonight and not know what to expect. If you're jumping on your scales everyday then put them away. Honestly you'll drive yourself crazy otherwise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I don't drink but when I did, instead of denying myself if I was out, I would get a quarter bottle of white wine and 1 bottle of sparkling water.
    Got 4 drinks out of that and never felt I was denying myself. Might be an idea if you ladies drink wine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's a good idea actually. I might be going out Friday night and I think I'll have my usual - Jameson with diet coke. But that'll be my back up plan because for some odd reason that last time I was out I couldn't get diet coke. :confused:

WI today for me at half 12. Have an appointment to get my hair done at 2.45 so in between I've decided to treat myself to some lunch and have a "me day". :D

That's a good idea actually. I might be going out Friday night and I think I'll have my usual - Jameson with diet coke. But that'll be my back up plan because for some odd reason that last time I was out I couldn't get diet coke. :confused:

WI today for me at half 12. Have an appointment to get my hair done at 2.45 so in between I've decided to treat myself to some lunch and have a "me day". :D

Your me day sounds lovely, enjoy!:) Good luck with the weigh in..

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I am embarrassed to be writing this but need to face up to what has been going on with my eating in the last 4/5 months. I took a break/quit WW around this time last year as I was getting frustrated with being up a lb/down a lb and feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere. I was about 5 lbs from goal and decided to do things on my own which didn't work. Panic set in then and I HAD to lose weight and do it fast which was where it really all fell apart-I tried to starve myself (disaster!!!) which led to sugar overloads, tried dukan, saw good results but not at all sustainable once I stopped this I let all my bad habits kick back in with a vengenance, I have had so many 'I'll start tomorrow moments' which led to countless 'last suppers' and looking for more quick fixes which I know in my heart of hearts don't exist. So I am officially back on WW as of tomorrow ( I am in Oz now so its heading into night-time), it is not the ideal time to be starting as I will be on the move on the west coast a lot over the next 6 weeks before I get back to normality in Ireland, food is pretty expensive here and Aldi isn't anywhere near me but I think if I don't start now I will have another stone on before I go home!

I have done ww before and posted here fairly frequently, I even considered changing my username but feel I need to be honest and stop running away this time! I have 2 stone to loose. Finally facing up to it.Aswell as facing up to my weight I am admitting to myself and ye that slow and steady is the only way I am going to succeed.
    Need this in print so I can refer back the next time I am googling 'rapid weight loss'

I am thinking of concentrating on breaking the sugar diet I have been living on lately and hopefully seeing a change in body shape/clothes rather than focusing on the number on the scales until I'm back home.

Breakfast and lunch are manageable but dinner is gonna be the problem area, can anybody recommend any good easy to make meals (I will be mainly in hostels so don't wanna spend ages in the kitchen and also can't really buy in bulk as I have to carry everything with me!)

Wow apologies for such a long post and a thank you to anyone who has managed to get to the end of it :D[/QUOTE]

Since posting this 6 months ago I am now one stone lighter!! :) I am really happy with myself, when I get the next 7lbs off I'm going to re-asses where I want to go or if I'm happy with where I'm at.

I was in such a dark place when I wrote that, I honestly couldn't see myself breaking the vicious cycle of binging and doing fad diets but I feel great now and am really happy and proud of myself for sticking with it (there have of course been a few slips along the way!!), here's hoping I can stick with the hard work and see more great results!

As many have said before, without this thread I would be lost!!!

Well done intouch44! That's great news :) Are you still in Oz?

• Advertisement

Since posting this 6 months ago I am now one stone lighter!! :) I am really happy with myself, when I get the next 7lbs off I'm going to re-asses where I want to go or if I'm happy with where I'm at.

I was in such a dark place when I wrote that, I honestly couldn't see myself breaking the vicious cycle of binging and doing fad diets but I feel great now and am really happy and proud of myself for sticking with it (there have of course been a few slips along the way!!), here's hoping I can stick with the hard work and see more great results!

As many have said before, without this thread I would be lost!!![/QUOTE]

Hi congrats on the weight loss. Glad you are feeling better and everything is working out.:)

Advertisement