Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

1.5lbs down this week, 10.5lbs to goal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Well done intouch44! That's great news :) Are you still in Oz?

Thank you :) No I came home in May, it's so much easier to follow WW at home, cheaper food, stability of routine etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Up .5 tonight. Pretty much deserved, for the first time in a long time I gave into hangover urges on Sunday and ate a load of crap. Annoyed at myself though cos 3 of the last 4 WI's I've been up .5lbs. so only lost .5lbs in 4 weeks! I know I've no one to blame by myself though. I don't have much on over the next few weeks so hopefully I can pick things back up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Up .5 tonight. Pretty much deserved, for the first time in a long time I gave into hangover urges on Sunday and ate a load of crap. Annoyed at myself though cos 3 of the last 4 WI's I've been up .5lbs. so only lost .5lbs in 4 weeks! I know I've no one to blame by myself though. I don't have much on over the next few weeks so hopefully I can pick things back up :)

Hi, Don't be annoyed with yourself we all have times when we are up and down with the same few pounds over a period of weeks. Draw a line under it and start afresh with the new week. Be positive you will get back into it:)

Hi all, am off on the school run and then to my weigh in after that and I have to say I am feeling quite nervous as I don't think I've done enough. Anyway I will post later and let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement

Best of luck!

I know there are a few people on here who have done/are doing C25K. I've never run in my life and I'm terribly unfit...but I'd love to give it a try. Is it very difficult? I wouldn't even mind if I'd to repeat weeks 3 or 4 times, I'd just love to be doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I know there are a few people on here who have done/are doing C25K. I've never run in my life and I'm terribly unfit...but I'd love to give it a try. Is it very difficult? I wouldn't even mind if I'd to repeat weeks 3 or 4 times, I'd just love to be doing something.

I started week 2 last night. I was the exact same as you dreading it and I didn't think I would be able to do it but it wasn't that bad at all. I was well able to move on to week 2. Week 1 was grand and week 2 was tough and I didn't think I'd be able to do it but I did! Definitely give it a try and don't spend too much time thinking about it as I regret not starting sooner!

Day 1 of being back on track went well. I resisted the urge to give into the cravings! I started week 2 of c25k last night and I really noticed a change in my figure. Even though the scales have me up, I feel like I've lost weight as I feel a bit slimmer. Still taking it a day at a time!

Good luck honeygirl with your weigh in!

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I started week 2 last night. I was the exact same as you dreading it and I didn't think I would be able to do it but it wasn't that bad at all. I was well able to move on to week 2. Week 1 was grand and week 2 was tough and I didn't think I'd be able to do it but I did! Definitely give it a try and don't spend too much time thinking about it as I regret not starting sooner!

But you used to run when you were younger :p (I read that in your blog :o) I'll have to find somewhere where I can run on grass, there's a park near me that seems ok. I'll also have to do it at night so no one can see me...how pathetic am I? :o The reason I've to run on soft ground is because I've arthritis in my knees. TBH I'm not expecting to be able to run 5k for a very long time, I find it difficult even walking long distances, but I'd even be happy doing some of the programme and spending a long time on each part. Obviously having arthritis is a big part of the reason I NEED to lose weight. Low impact exercise, like swimming, is best for me but I just can't afford gym membership at the moment, but am hoping to rejoin in the new year. My doctor said walking/running on soft ground should be ok for my knees though.

Right that's my goal for the long weekend. Start C25K :)

Edit: How many minutes per day do you do on the first week?

• Advertisement

But you used to run when you were younger :p (I read that in your blog :o) I'll have to find somewhere where I can run on grass, there's a park near me that seems ok. I'll also have to do it at night so no one can see me...how pathetic am I? :o The reason I've to run on soft ground is because I've arthritis in my knees. TBH I'm not expecting to be able to run 5k for a very long time, I find it difficult even walking long distances, but I'd even be happy doing some of the programme and spending a long time on each part. Obviously having arthritis is a big part of the reason I NEED to lose weight. Low impact exercise, like swimming, is best for me but I just can't afford gym membership at the moment, but am hoping to rejoin in the new year. My doctor said walking/running on soft ground should be ok for my knees though.

Right that's my goal for the long weekend. Start C25K :)

Edit: How many minutes per day do you do on the first week?

Haha yeah I did but honestly that was 10 years ago and I have put on 5 stone since and went from doing that to nothing so I don't think the fact I used to do running mattered. I got very unfit to the point I'm out of breath walking up stairs which was very embarrassing interrailing this summer! I know what you mean about the grass, I have Achilles' tendon problem so will have to run on the grass eventually. I think give day 1 a go and see how you get on. Make sure you have comfortable runners!

Its about 30 minutes overall including warm up and cool down. You do 8 minutes running altogether, 1 minute running, 1.5 minutes walking so it isn't that bad to start. If you take it slow to begin with, its doable.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Haha yeah I did but honestly that was 10 years ago and I have put on 5 stone since and went from doing that to nothing so I don't think the fact I used to do running mattered. I got very unfit to the point I'm out of breath walking up stairs which was very embarrassing interrailing this summer! I know what you mean about the grass, I have Achilles' tendon problem so will have to run on the grass eventually. I think give day 1 a go and see how you get on. Make sure you have comfortable runners!

Its about 30 minutes overall including warm up and cool down. You do 8 minutes running altogether, 1 minute running, 1.5 minutes walking so it isn't that bad to start. If you take it slow to begin with, its doable.

Ok it sounds like I can do it. I'm the same with stairs, although I've noticed in the past couple of months that I'm FAR better going up and down stairs than I used to be. My workplaces is over 4 stories...with no lift!!! Luckily I only work on the first floor, but when I had to go up 2 flights of stairs before I'd be catching my breath, now I'm absolutely fine. Same with running for the bus...I'm not as much of a big heaving mess when I get on the bus as I used to be :D

Thanks a million for the advice. I'll report back with how I get on!

I did it for 6 weeks and for no apparent reason, I stopped! I actually didn't find it too bad. There was one big jump that I found tough, going from 11 minutes running to 20 (I think). I might actually start back into it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

When I started running last year, I too couldn't climb the stairs!! We started on a small pitch and walked one part, ran one, walked one, ran one....it nearly killed me. Then as the weeks went on we'd walk one, run two and so on to build it up. I was nearly dead each week!!!! But I even surprised myself & stuck at it and last night I ran 8.5k on the roads. My point is: If I can do it anyone can. Good Luck!:)

Hi just back from the weigh in and I was very surprised 2lb down so am very happy with that.

Congrats to all that have had their weigh in's and good luck to all who have the weigh in to come.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

I think it is fabulous to see the determination that everyone has here. whether you slip up a bit and then are back on the wagon so to speak or whether you are chipping away all the time. I rejoined during the summer and lost 13 pounds and was doing quite well but now I have broken my leg and can do nothing regarding exercise and to be honest diet has slipped as well. I know I will get back on track when I am back on my 2 feet but it's difficult to do now independently. It's the simple things like doing the shopping or people calling and bringing treats. I am definitely at the point now where I can't wait to get back to my meetings and exercise

Hi Ibarelycare, It doesn't have to be the couch 2 5K, If you just start of with a a half an hour walk and run when you can in little spurts, thats what I did when I started. I now walk 5 miles a day and try and run in spurts when I can. I was the same at my biggest I found it very hard to walk up to the school which is 5 mins away and even had problems with stairs at times. Anyway good luck with what you decide to do.

shhling wrote: »
    I think it is fabulous to see the determination that everyone has here. whether you slip up a bit and then are back on the wagon so to speak or whether you are chipping away all the time. I rejoined during the summer and lost 13 pounds and was doing quite well but now I have broken my leg and can do nothing regarding exercise and to be honest diet has slipped as well. I know I will get back on track when I am back on my 2 feet but it's difficult to do now independently. It's the simple things like doing the shopping or people calling and bringing treats. I am definitely at the point now where I can't wait to get back to my meetings and exercise

Hi Shhling, I know how you feel because I was in that situation a year and half ago except I tore ligaments and was on crutches for 7 weeks, and everything went out the window. I put on so much weight at that time and I wish I had known about this site then. Even if you just try and stick to the weight watchers eating plan and come on here for support because everyone here is so helpful. Hope you get better soon.

Sorry for annoying people about this again, but can anyone recommend a C25K app? There are so many, it's a bit overwhelming! I don't mind paying for a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Sorry for annoying people about this again, but can anyone recommend a C25K app? There are so many, it's a bit overwhelming! I don't mind paying for a good one.

I used the Zen labs free app for the iPhone. You can use your own music and I had no problems with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrs_Crabapple

Hi guys, hope you have room for one more! Just joined weightwatchers today, sick of yoyoing on my own all the time, so having a last supper so to speak, and will begin pointing tomorrow! Hoping to lose 1 and a half stone and reevaluate,although weightwatchers goal is about 10 pounds for me to lose. Just wondering regarding weigh ins and weeklies, if you use them all every week would you lose? Im on 26 per day so unsure as to if Ill need to use them.
    Also, is iwatcher a good app to use to calculate points? Im a bit clueless at the mo, so much to take in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi guys, hope you have room for one more! Just joined weightwatchers today, sick of yoyoing on my own all the time, so having a last supper so to speak, and will begin pointing tomorrow! Hoping to lose 1 and a half stone and reevaluate,although weightwatchers goal is about 10 pounds for me to lose. Just wondering regarding weigh ins and weeklies, if you use them all every week would you lose? Im on 26 per day so unsure as to if Ill need to use them.
    Also, is iwatcher a good app to use to calculate points? Im a bit clueless at the mo, so much to take in!

I used all my weeklies every week and lost most weeks (up until I was really close to goal). It works differently for different people but I think you are best to try and use them at the start as I think if your body gets used to not having them you may not lose on a week where you need them.

I use iwatchr and its brilliant. I've never calculated points wrong from it and its great for saving up a list of frequently used foods!

Best of luck with your first week and welcome on board!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Do activity propoints have to be used on the day you earned them? Or can you use them throughout the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My ankle finally feels right, my physio says it's ok and after four months and four pounds up , I'm hitting the pavements again today!! I've found not running really frustrating, I injured myself a week after my first ten k and I had to put my half marathon training plans on hiatus. Aiming to be back to ten k by the new year and half in limerick in April (all going well).

Starting c25k again for now (physio agreed it was a good idea) to slowly get into it. Excited and the sun is out too!! A sign!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigknickers

Spectacularly fell off the wagon in june up 1 stone... snacking is majorly my problem.. hope its ok to join in!! Love reading all ur posts I wish I had ye're willpower..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

Well 1st weigh in was today and down 6lbs. delighted with myself. I am also getting back into running. To think a year ago I was 2 1/2 stone lighter and completed the Dublin city marathon! I didn't do the c25k I just picked a route and points on the route that I would run and extend the runs and lessen the walk each week. I was running 10k in 8 weeks!! But alas after the marathon I stopped running. So now I'm starting again. Doing 2k 3 times per week. There'll be no more marathons though!!

So good luck to all this week and fingers crossed for another good week.

Wow that's fantastic Lillibeth, well done!

I'm not going to make my meeting this week because college, which is usually on a Thursday, was changed to Wednesday because of halloween. I've looked up other classes in my area but they're all on too early tonight and Thursday for me to make it to them. It's a pity, but I've emailed my leader so she knows I'm not just missing cos of the long weekend :D

Down 3.5lbs this week. Slightly disappointed as I wanted the 4.5lb gain from last week gone. I'm over my slip up though and I am loving the running at the moment. My mum offered to buy me proper runners so need to do some research into the best type. For November I am going to continue working on limiting junk food and to keep up the c25k. I live right beside Marlay Park and just goes to show how oblivious I am, apparently there's a 5k run there every Saturday morning. I hope to do one or two during December. Feeling much better this week and looking forward to the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cork044

hello all im new to the forum...

I went back to WW last week after 9 weeks and was down .5lb I was delighted I didnt do any damage but still was annoyed at myself because i can imagine what i would have been down if i stayed at WW. Anyway had my first (again) weigh in last night and was down 2lbs.

Last week I set my target to be down 10lbs for xmas and with only 7 weigh ins left I have 8lbs to loose to be at my target for xmas. I will then set myself a new goal for the middle of Feb when I go on holidays :)

Today I started drinking green tea. I am going to try have 3 cups a day. I must say I hated the taste and had to force it down. I hear you become to like the taste eventually. And I must say after drinking it my belly feels full and I dont feel the urge to snack.

• Advertisement

Up half a pound :(

Advertisement