Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Up half a pound :(

That's nothing you'll have it gone by next week. You've done so well so it's probably you're body slowing down as you near goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fingers crossed :)

Had a bad evening. Ended up having 2 bowls of coco pops, 3 biscuits, a slice of tea brack, an Option and a bar of chocolate. :mad:

New week tomorow. Need to just draw a line and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I finally made it back to WI. Hadn’t been in 15 weeks, although I was doing it myself I was obviously only half doing it, because I was only down 2.5lb (in 15 weeks!) Glad I got my ass in gear and went….I think its around 7 more WI’s between now and xmas so that means down half a stone at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, back from my weigh in and was 1 and half down and got my second stone and fourth silver seven so woohoo.

Congrats on all the great losses this week and have a great weekend. Welcome to all the new people who have joined.

Once again am so happy:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrs_Crabapple

Hi guys, still following propoints and have been finding it okay so far ( although weigh in tomorrow will tell!)
    Had a massive sandwich for lunch today that I bought in local cafe (Nellys on SCR) and I dont know how to point it( it was much bigger than anticipated :()
    It was two large slices of rye bread, chicken (loads) pesto, mozzarella and roasted pepper...would anyone have any idea? I tried looking up nutritional info for similar online but couldnt find much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi guys, still following propoints and have been finding it okay so far ( although weigh in tomorrow will tell!)
    Had a massive sandwich for lunch today that I bought in local cafe (Nellys on SCR) and I dont know how to point it( it was much bigger than anticipated :()
    It was two large slices of rye bread, chicken (loads) pesto, mozzarella and roasted pepper...would anyone have any idea? I tried looking up nutritional info for similar online but couldnt find much!

Just look up the nutritional info for each part separately. You'll obviously have to estimate the amount of each filling that was in the sandwich, but that's all really you can do. Don't forget that there was likely oil in the roasted peppers :( One of my favourite sandwich fillings but most delis have them swimming in oil!

Just look up the nutritional info for each part separately. You'll obviously have to estimate the amount of each filling that was in the sandwich, but that's all really you can do. Don't forget that there was likely oil in the roasted peppers :( One of my favourite sandwich fillings but most delis have them swimming in oil!

Thanks for the reply, would you say a tablespoon of oil would be a good guesstimate? Agh, this is the only side of WW I hate :/

Thanks for the reply, would you say a tablespoon of oil would be a good guesstimate? Agh, this is the only side of WW I hate :/

Yeah I definitely can't see it being more than a tablespoon. I'd probably give 3pp for oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've not gone to WW in months, but decided it's now or never so time to rejoin! Dreading seeing how much I've put up but I need to have another stone down by christmas so fingers crossed!

Yeah I definitely can't see it being more than a tablespoon. I'd probably give 3pp for oil.
    Thanks! pointed it at 20 points..so not worth it!

• Advertisement

Thanks! pointed it at 20 points..so not worth it!

Oh it's horrible when that happens :o There's a high chance you're overpointing it but annoyingly it's always best to be on the safe side!

I've not gone to WW in months, but decided it's now or never so time to rejoin! Dreading seeing how much I've put up but I need to have another stone down by christmas so fingers crossed!

Welcome back to WW, best of luck in the run up to Christmas :)

I was up 2 pounds, but that was with a 3 month absence, could have been a hell of a lot worse! :D

STS on week one, whats the fecking point :(

A week is a very small length of time to measure weightloss. To me that is one of the major faults of WW and all weekly slimming groups. Your weight can fluctuate numerous times throughout the day. Ideally you should look at your weight loss over the space of 4 weeks. If you lose 1.5lb per week over the next 3 weeks, you'll have lost 4.5lbs in 4 weeks which is great. Don't give up, you'll more than likely see results next week.

One of the ladies on the Facebook group posted this and I thought I'd share it here. It's an article by Brendan O' Connor about people's reactions to people who have lost or are losing weight.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/sorry-to-upset-you-but-losing-weight-is-easy-29489430.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi Mrs Crabapple, Just keep going because sometimes it can take a few weeks before the plan kicks in and weight starts coming off. You will probably have a loss next week.

One of the ladies on the Facebook group posted this and I thought I'd share it here. It's an article by Brendan O' Connor about people's reactions to people who have lost or are losing weight.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/sorry-to-upset-you-but-losing-weight-is-easy-29489430.html

Hi Purple Pawprints, thanks for posting that article, it really describes a lot of peoples reactions to weight loss in others. I have come across people who have reacted like that to me and some were supposed to be friends and I am sure other posters on this site have had the same reactions from people.

Yep, I've had the exact same reactions so I decided to share it and see what people thought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Had a bad day yesterday - I was out Thursday night and used ALL of my weeklies :eek:
    Then yesterday I gave in and had a chinese :(

Clean slate today though, and since I had no weigh in this week with the bank holiday, hopefully I'll still see a loss over the 2 weeks on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

First line of the article:
    If I was a woman, I would not be subjected to it. "Jesus you've lost a ton of weight."

Errr, what? :confused: Women aren't subjected to comments like that? Me hole.

• Advertisement

^^

I found that strange too. If anything, in my experience, women seem to get it more (especially from other women).

Gonna stick with it for a few weeks more! ended up binging yesterday eve on halloween sweets, so annoyed with myself :( want to download the iwatcher app that everyone talks abut but when I typed it into the app store I couldnt see it? there was one with a paw sign and I think it said it counts bites? could anyone link me the app that they use to count? thanks for the support, think I was just so downbeat because half of my brain is saying you wont lose it this time either, look at all the other times youve tried and failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Got to my second goal weight yesterday! BMI is now smack bam in the middle of the healthy range! Only a few more pounds to go to my actual goal now! :D so happy!

Finding work particularly difficult, my new job has slowed down my weight loss. We ALWAYS have sweets in the office. Like constantly. Cupcakes, or chocolate floating around the desks. before I worked in retail so once lunch was over I could just forget about sweets because they just wouldn't be there so no temptation.

keesa wrote: »
    Got to my second goal weight yesterday! BMI is now smack bam in the middle of the healthy range! Only a few more pounds to go to my actual goal now! :D so happy!

Congrats!
    It's posts like these that make me want to keep going, because I can't wait to have that feeling myself, and to make a post like that myself some day :)

Gonna stick with it for a few weeks more! ended up binging yesterday eve on halloween sweets, so annoyed with myself :( want to download the iwatcher app that everyone talks abut but when I typed it into the app store I couldnt see it? there was one with a paw sign and I think it said it counts bites? could anyone link me the app that they use to count? thanks for the support, think I was just so downbeat because half of my brain is saying you wont lose it this time either, look at all the other times youve tried and failed!

I use the Ultimate Value Diary. It's a tracker, calculator and tracks your progress. You can set goals, save meals, barcode products and it has quite a big database. I always check the calculations myself as there are some errors but I've only ever found a couple. I find it great.

I've hit a bit of a wall the past few weeks. Not tracking properly. Still being good but letting too many "bad" things sneak in. I've kept it in control, I haven't "let a bad day become a bad week"...I haven't even had one full bad day. I'm just being way too lax. Need a bit of a kick up the arse.

I am finding it so hard to stay motivated this week. I'm home alone most of the time and just think - feck it sure no one will see me have this chocolate or whats another few pringles. Also am constantly hungry even though I'm eating all my points... must be because the weather is getting colder. I was so motivated coming out from the meeting last week but now all I'm thinking is what's the point :(

3.5lbs down tonight over 2 weeks. I'm happy with that because I had a few good nights out and a few naughty treats within that 2 weeks.

Hoping to sign up for a 10k in April so I have something to aim for.. The thought is terrifying though! There's a group of us who want to do it though so we'll keep each other motivated (fingers crossed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Was very good until Saturday & then went off the rails. Out sat & Sunday, got an indian takeaway for dinner last night. Afraid to go to my wi tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Was really on track all week, making lovely creative meals that were very heavy on the veggies, eating well and not going over points.

Then I made sourdough bread last night (my first try with my homemade starter and it worked - I got sick of crappy sugary salty mucky supermarket bread) and ate a HAPE of it. I just had a wee omlette for dinner to make up for it, but I'm very concerned that I fecked up all my good work.

ALWAYS the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Was really on track all week, making lovely creative meals that were very heavy on the veggies, eating well and not going over points.

Then I made sourdough bread last night (my first try with my homemade starter and it worked - I got sick of crappy sugary salty mucky supermarket bread) and ate a HAPE of it. I just had a wee omlette for dinner to make up for it, but I'm very concerned that I fecked up all my good work.

ALWAYS the way!!

I've had weeks like that too, but I think as long as you were good the rest of the week you should be fine! Fingers crossed!

I was up 2lb last week, then down 3.5lb last night! Got my second stone, delighted :) Only 1lb to goal now - should be ok to get it next week. Can't believe I'm this close!

Advertisement