Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI today at 12.30 for me. I seem to be sort of up and down the last couple of weeks and I'm not sure why. I couldn't stay for my meeting last week and I've actually felt a bit weird all week because it's the first one I've missed since I started back in January.

Hope everyone is having a good week and best of luck to those still to WI. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I've had weeks like that too, but I think as long as you were good the rest of the week you should be fine! Fingers crossed!

I was up 2lb last week, then down 3.5lb last night! Got my second stone, delighted :) Only 1lb to goal now - should be ok to get it next week. Can't believe I'm this close!

Thanks for the encouragement,I was down 1.5lbs! So just 2.5lbs to goal (again-I lost my way over the summer and I really feel back in track this week!).congrats on your loss and you're so close to goal!! Imagine all the Christmas party clothes!!

Purplepawprints-from the second I got within 3lbs of goal, the up half down one stay the same up half down two the same the same up one cycle started-for me it suggested that I was really at my goal weight- it was like my body just started maintaining! You've done so well up to now, so maybe you're just getting to where you need to be? And also, to be honest, plateauing can happen for no reason sometimes, I always found going heavy on the soup for the week got me back on track... Don't be disheartened, think of all you've achieved!

I'll keep going for a couple of weeks and see what happens. I would like to get down to the 8 and a half stone target though. I've got a small frame so I can afford to go that far. :)

Stayed the same this week. Happy enough with that. I've only got 11lbs to go to goal so I was expecting it to slow down a bit at this point tbh. As well as that I didn't get as much exercise as I normally would so I've decided to get up a bit earlier and go for a walk. I do about an hour a day anyway but an extra half hour might be good. Thinking of going back to Zumba as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Down 2.5! Delighted. Don't feel I deserve it but it's given me the kick I need to get my arse in gear. Down 25lbs in total now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi All, haven't been on here in a while. I had a wedding about a month ago and I pretty much fell off the wagon after that. Making myself go back to WW tonight. The day of the wedding I felt really happy in myself and I want to stay in that place, not go back to putting on over a stone again and feeling uncomfortable, so here's goes nothing!
    Everyone is doing really brill! Well done all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I was up a half pound today:( I am getting work done on my kitchen at the moment and am all over the place because I can't cook or prepare food so hopefully in two weeks time I will be able to get back on track. As they say **** happens.

congrats on all the great losses, everyone is doing brilliant.:)

Onwards and Downwards.

That's a pity honeygirl, but at least it's only half a lb. Best of luck with the next week.

This thread has really gotten so quiet lately. I wonder are a lot of people having a bit of a slump? I know I have been the past few weeks. In the summer the thread was buzzing!

That's a pity honeygirl, but at least it's only half a lb. Best of luck with the next week.

This thread has really gotten so quiet lately. I wonder are a lot of people having a bit of a slump? I know I have been the past few weeks. In the summer the thread was buzzing!

Thanks Ibarelycare, It has got very quiet around here lately which is a pity because its a great site for keeping you going especially if you are having a bad day or week.

Sure hopefully it will start buzzing again coming up to christmas:) By the way congrats on your weight loss this week glad to see you have got your mojo back. Have you started the couch to 5K yet and how are you getting on with it?

honeygirl wrote: »
    Thanks Ibarelycare, It has got very quiet around here lately which is a pity because its a great site for keeping you going especially if you are having a bad day or week.

Sure hopefully it will start buzzing again coming up to christmas:) By the way congrats on your weight loss this week glad to see you have got your mojo back. Have you started the couch to 5K yet and how are you getting on with it?

I know, hopefully it will pick up again in the run up to Christmas!

Thanks a million :) Yeah I started it about a week and a half ago. I did two days (I could only manage about 20 mins of each one!) but on the second day I hurt my knee. I have arthritis in my knee so I have to be careful with it. I should be ok again in a week or so, I was in between medication at the time so I was a little bit vulnerable but I'm on a new medication from this week and usually it acts quickly so hopefully I'll be ok. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my fitness though, just even walking around, going up and down stairs, etc, so I feel good about that. Just have to push myself to actually exercise, I'm so bloody lazy :D

I know, hopefully it will pick up again in the run up to Christmas!

Thanks a million :) Yeah I started it about a week and a half ago. I did two days (I could only manage about 20 mins of each one!) but on the second day I hurt my knee. I have arthritis in my knee so I have to be careful with it. I should be ok again in a week or so, I was in between medication at the time so I was a little bit vulnerable but I'm on a new medication from this week and usually it acts quickly so hopefully I'll be ok. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my fitness though, just even walking around, going up and down stairs, etc, so I feel good about that. Just have to push myself to actually exercise, I'm so bloody lazy :D

Oh believe me I am just as lazy and if it wasn't for my other half I probably wouldn't do half the exercise. I find that I really have to push myself. Hope your knee gets better soon.

• Advertisement

Oh believe me I am just as lazy and if it wasn't for my other half I probably wouldn't do half the exercise. I find that I really have to push myself. Hope your knee gets better soon.

Yeah mine is the same, he's always encouraging me to get out and exercise! Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Down 2.5 lbs :) So now I am back losing after my 7 week break, I had put up 2 in that time so back down by half a pound!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭annalucia

Just joined weigh watchers today. I weighed in at 14 stone 1.5 pounds. I'm 5 ft 5 so it's a good bit to lose. Does anyone know a good we leader in the Dublin 1 or Dublin 7 area? Any advice on starting out! I have so much to lose to get to a normal weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

annalucia wrote: »
    Just joined weigh watchers today. I weighed in at 14 stone 1.5 pounds. I'm 5 ft 5 so it's a good bit to lose. Does anyone know a good we leader in the Dublin 1 or Dublin 7 area? Any advice on starting out! I have so much to lose to get to a normal weight.

I'm the same height as you and started a stone heavier than you. Advice that was given to me this week was to not focus on the end goal and take it one silver seven at a time. Not sure if you're a complete newbie to Weight Watchers but you get a silver seven for every half stone lost. Just work towards your first silver seven and you'll be fine :)
    Hey all, I was up a half pound today:( I am getting work done on my kitchen at the moment and am all over the place because I can't cook or prepare food so hopefully in two weeks time I will be able to get back on track. As they say **** happens.

congrats on all the great losses, everyone is doing brilliant.:)

Onwards and Downwards.

Eek I'm getting my kitchen completely gutted and redone probably starting next week. Dreading as I won't have hobs only a microwave so it'll be tough to keep away from take-away as that will probably be what the rest of the family will do! You'll have that half pound gone next week no bother :)

So I was down 0.5lb this week. I know I should be happy with that but I'm still trying to lose the 4.5lbs I gained two weeks ago. My weight loss is so slow and its really frustrating. One bad day let alone a bad week really sets me back. Of course I haven't learnt anything as I have been on a bit of a downward spiral since my weigh in on Tuesday. Haven't done any exercise all week. Enough is enough so back on track tomorrow and I have written all my weeklies off so its going to be a challenge to get through the weekend without them. On one hand I'm glad I have nothing planned, on the other it means I'll be at home and susceptible to picking :rolleyes: Going to do my c25k and start kettlebells as well.

Does anyone do kettlebells? I'm just wondering what's the best weight for someone starting out? I have done a bit of weights so would like a decent weight but not too heavy as I don't know the moves yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well bit the bullet and went back last night. After 5wks it was a miracle I was only up 1&half lbs :) I'm down 15lbs now since I started back so would love to get my 3rd silver 7 at least in time for Christmas. Would be over the moon with that.

Onwards and downwards :)

Duffy89 wrote: »

Eek I'm getting my kitchen completely gutted and redone probably starting next week. Dreading as I won't have hobs only a microwave so it'll be tough to keep away from take-away as that will probably be what the rest of the family will do! You'll have that half pound gone next week no bother :)

Hi Duffy, Thanks I will try and stay away from the take-away:) tho mind you I was bad and we got one last nite as we had no heating and the kids were miserable, but I only had a chicken kebab and I had had a light brekki and lunch so I don't think I did too much damage. Gonna send the kids to my mothers tonight so they can get fed and there won't be too much temptation for me:D Roll on next week when everything is finished and I can take control of my cooking again.

annalucia wrote: »

Hi annalucia, Just do what Duffy said and focus on your first silver seven and take it from there. I am 5 ft 5 and was in and around the same weight when I started too and I have 2 stone off and I just focus on each silver seven at a time.

This is a great site for motivation so welcome and good luck on your journey:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

I think the Facebook page seems to have taken over! I prefer this though, so I'm going nowhere :D

I think the Facebook page seems to have taken over! I prefer this though, so I'm going nowhere :D

I'm not overly mad about the FB group. I find a lot of the people a bit annoying...but I'm just a very irritable person anyway :o

• Advertisement

I hope I'm not one of those people :o

I hope I'm not one of those people :o

Haha no you're not :D Oh look, don't mind me, I'm just being grumpy! I actually enjoy reading a lot of the posts, and I like offering my tuppence worth when I can. All the txt spk wrecks my head though! I thought only teenagers typed like that :D

Oh yeah that's a pet peeve of mine too so I don't do it. I don't even do it when I am texting! :p

EDIT:

I'm taking things one day at a time this week. Yesterday I had a really good day. I used all my 26 points, didn't use any weeklies, had my nightly Cadbury's Option and went walking twice and earned 4 Activity Points. Today has started off the same way, have had my wheatabix and a WW yoghurt and I've already earned 2AP. I'm going walking again at 4 with my friend so I'll be earning another 3. :D

Oh yeah that's a pet peeve of mine too so I don't do it. I don't even do it when I am texting! :p

Me neither! I'd rather pay the extra 9c or whatever it is to send a long message and use full words :D

I'm not overly mad about the FB group. I find a lot of the people a bit annoying...but I'm just a very irritable person anyway :o

I know what you mean about the FB group. I only started using it more frequently because no-one was posting here. I much prefer here which is why when it picked up again recently I try to post here. Its going to be a tough weekend without any weeklies so may be on here a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I'm absolutely dying with a cold today and all I want is comfort food :(
    Staying strong though!

In a really bad mood and all I want is food :'(

Snap guys. My TOTM is due next week and I'm in a miserable mood atm due to a few other things going on. I just want 5.30 to come already so I can go home and curl up in bed. I'm that tired I reckon I might head to bed early to avoid any temptations! Such a cool plan for a Friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Snap guys. My TOTM is due next week and I'm in a miserable mood atm due to a few other things going on. I just want 5.30 to come already so I can go home and curl up in bed. I'm that tired I reckon I might head to bed early to avoid any temptations! Such a cool plan for a Friday night!

I'm the same, the cold weather makes me want to put my pj's on straight after work, get cosy on the couch and munch the night away! That's what put me in the position of having to start WW in the first place though :eek: I moved in with my boyfriend last September and we got into the cosy routine, lots of movies on the couch, cooking for each other, lots of wine, takeaways, etc. And I started eating the same portions as him. Then instead of sharing a pizza we started to order 1 each, and I started drinking a lot more pints. I put on a good stone and a half from September to June this year. I already had a bit to lose though, so at some point the cosy nights just had to end!

Are ye able to pinpoint the things that contributed most to your weight? Have ye really changed the bad habits for good, or do ye still find yourselves making the same mistakes?

• Advertisement

Ah that must be it, mine is due in couple of days. Luckily I didn't give in, I had an apple instead of eating something silly. :)

Advertisement