Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Are ye able to pinpoint the things that contributed most to your weight? Have ye really changed the bad habits for good, or do ye still find yourselves making the same mistakes?

I was thinking about this and it kind of shocks me when I think about how many bad habits I had/still have - I used to eat way too big portions of the wrong foods way too often.
    4 weeks on I still snack a lot, but on better things. I also still eat very big dinners, even if they are mostly veg but I want to cut down on that. I have made good progress with choosing better foods to eat though, and I don't even miss the bad stuff.
    Baby steps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrs_Crabapple

Down 2 lbs :D thanks to those who said keep going, feeling so motivated! I wouldnt even mind sts happening throughout the journey as I know that they are part and parcel of it, but to not lose in the first week threw me completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Up 1 this week. I'm kinda glad though. It'll get me back on track. I want a good loss next week, but it's my birthday, and I'm not sure how to make it work. I don't have exercise gear with me here, and I wont be able to get them before the weekend

Made the mistake of weighing myself at home today. Looks like I'm either going to stay the same or be up tomorrow, despite sticking to the points all week :( Going to have to kick it up a gear next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Yesterday, i bought a size ten super fitted Karen Millen dress for my 30th on Friday ;-).

The weight watchers journey has really been worth it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I got to size 10 a few weeks ago. There is NOTHING better than shopping as a 10, no more avoiding styles to hide the belly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can only dream of size 10! Well done ladies :D

I'm nowhere near that size, but I tried on a pair of jeans tonight that I put away a long time ago cos they were depressing me, and they're fitting me again quite comfortably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Hello again everyone, Hope you are keeping on track. I had reached goal, did a few weeks of maintenance and was doing well. But then, life happens; holidays.. family in hospital.. busy at work. So went back for a weigh in, and am no longer at goal. I'm a bit confused as I'm only 4 pounds over goal. The problem is that I'm pretty happy with where I am. I will try to get back to goal but have really get motivated..
    Also, I could really tell the decrease in numbers in a month - apparently Slimming World is really 'in'. No matter what I will stick with WW, it's what I know and I know it works for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhmcauley

Hi,

So my story at the minute is... I joined weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 2stone in 4 months. I then had to stop going because I couldn't afford it (I know it was only €10 a week but really couldn't at the time) and of course since then I have put on every single pound back on...DEVASTATED , but my own fault.

So anyway I'm back at it now (down 5 pounds so far :) ) and I'm just wondering how much exercise are people doing to loose weight?
    I've started doing 2 zumba classes a week, is that enough or should I be doing more?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsteacher

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in ages but just reading over all the comments while I've been off track! I see a few people have mentioned a Fbk page, what's it called? I need to get back on track after having alot if time off lately! Have a few lbs to lose AGain!!!:-/ onwards and downwards!! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi and welcome, niamh! At the moment I'm doing at least 40 minutes walking per day but that's just me personally. Zumba is great. I went for a while but then the class took a break and I haven't gone back for some reason.

The Facebook page I use is Weight Watchers Ireland, it's a closed group :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Can I join you? I do weightwatchers online (i can't make it to meetings) but think I need a bit of moral support to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've lust just short of a stone (hopefully reach the milestone on weigh in day!), but still have quite a bit to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Are ye able to pinpoint the things that contributed most to your weight? Have ye really changed the bad habits for good, or do ye still find yourselves making the same mistakes?

I have really bad habits. I tend to get stressed out easily. My Mum says I need to stop being really hard on myself! Basically I get stressed out about my weight and how it affects my life which in turns leads to me binge eating :rolleyes: I have made huge steps in recent weeks and I definitely can't eat as much as I used to. Work is a big trigger for my stress but I am learning to manage that. I think if you do have a big issue with food, body issues etc, then it takes time to overcome those issues. They don't change overnight and you just have to be patient. Easier said than done but I have come a long way since January!
    jubella wrote: »
    Made the mistake of weighing myself at home today. Looks like I'm either going to stay the same or be up tomorrow, despite sticking to the points all week :( Going to have to kick it up a gear next week.

Me too! I'm fuming as my scales have me up 2lbs and they normally are spot on with my WW scale. I'm in two minds as to what to do know. I really can't take another gain as my weight loss has been ridiculous the last few weeks despite me being 90% good. I'm trying to decide whether to go to weigh in tomorrow or put it off until the end of the week or just wait until next week. Its so slow and I'm getting really frustrating that its tough not to give in!
    I can only dream of size 10! Well done ladies :D

I'm nowhere near that size, but I tried on a pair of jeans tonight that I put away a long time ago cos they were depressing me, and they're fitting me again quite comfortably :)

Same. Right now I'm dreaming of a size 16! I ordered 2 dresses for a friend's wedding at the end of November and they're both 16 but I'm wondering if I'm being too optimistic. I probably should have gone with the 18. Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow so I can try them on and get them returned and reordered on time.
    Hi,

So my story at the minute is... I joined weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 2stone in 4 months. I then had to stop going because I couldn't afford it (I know it was only €10 a week but really couldn't at the time) and of course since then I have put on every single pound back on...DEVASTATED , but my own fault.

So anyway I'm back at it now (down 5 pounds so far :) ) and I'm just wondering how much exercise are people doing to loose weight?
    I've started doing 2 zumba classes a week, is that enough or should I be doing more?

Welcome to the thread. I was in a similar situation to you except that I gained another stone on top of the 2 I put back on! My advice to you is to forget about the last time. Don't get caught up with what you have put back on or what you were. Start like you're a newbie and just take it a day at a time. 2 classes is more than some. You should start with what you feel comfortable with and build on it from there. Technically you don't need exercise to lose with WW but every bit helps :)
    mrsteacher wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I haven't posted in ages but just reading over all the comments while I've been off track! I see a few people have mentioned a Fbk page, what's it called? I need to get back on track after having alot if time off lately! Have a few lbs to lose AGain!!!:-/ onwards and downwards!! Fingers crossed!

Welcome back. You'll have those lbs off in no time :)
    Kash wrote: »
    Can I join you? I do weightwatchers online (i can't make it to meetings) but think I need a bit of moral support to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've lust just short of a stone (hopefully reach the milestone on weigh in day!), but still have quite a bit to go.

Hi Kash, welcome to the thread. There's some great support on here so it should help you with your journey. Well done on the weight loss so far. Just take it a step at a time and the weight will fall off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrs_Crabapple

Fell off the bandwagon in a huge way this weekend :/ I binged friday evening and this continued all weekend and into today! Im determined to count from tomorrow onwards but my problem is that I was very conscious of what I was doing but could not motivate myself to stop:/ Feel like such a pig, still going to go to weigh in but I feel like im only half arsing it tbh because some part of me is still thinking 'You cant lose this weight, why try' Aghhh rant over! Congrats to those doing well, seeing that post about zipping up the size 10 dress is my dream!

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Me too! I'm fuming as my scales have me up 2lbs and they normally are spot on with my WW scale. I'm in two minds as to what to do know. I really can't take another gain as my weight loss has been ridiculous the last few weeks despite me being 90% good. I'm trying to decide whether to go to weigh in tomorrow or put it off until the end of the week or just wait until next week. Its so slow and I'm getting really frustrating that its tough not to give in!

I would say definitely go, I'm delighted I went today, I was down 3lbs :eek: No idea what went on there!

Got my first stone today :) Down 16lbs in 5 weeks overall, so happy with my progress so far. Only 5 more lbs til that next silver 7!

I would say definitely go, I'm delighted I went today, I was down 3lbs :eek: No idea what went on there!

Got my first stone today :) Down 16lbs in 5 weeks overall, so happy with my progress so far. Only 5 more lbs til that next silver 7!

16lbs in 5 weeks is unreal, well done! :eek: Wow! I have to say I'm a little jealous :o

16lbs in 5 weeks is unreal, well done! :eek: Wow! I have to say I'm a little jealous :o

Thanks! Most of that is due to my super high first week when I lost 7.5 though... After that I've averaged a little more than 2 a week, which I'm very happy with :)

Great to hear people talking about where they get caught out and about recognising bad habits. On Friday night I play music and this week I drove, drank tea and one diet coke for a treat(!). And then came home and had a big 10pp sandwich. I was annoyed with myself for eating so much, so late. HOWEVER. Normally on a Friday I have two or three big glasses if wine for ten to fifteen points, and don't even think about it. I only really drink at the weekends, only midweek if there's something on , but I'm very laissez faire with liquid calories. It is one of my last remaining very bad health habits and I really need to change. There's calories from the wine, what I eat when I'm tipsy and then the cravings the next day. Shocking, and something I badly need to work on :-(.

Good to hear about other peoples' experiences though, good to know I'm not the only one making a hames of things and then dusting off and starting again! I suppose the important thing is to get back on track ASAP and not let one bad weekend turn into a bad month!

Wow well done on your loss! I am also jealous :D

I was thinking after I wrote that post that I should just go. For a change this gain has nothing to do with me. I have been really good so it could be good to see what my leader says.
    Great to hear people talking about where they get caught out and about recognising bad habits. On Friday night I play music and this week I drove, drank tea and one diet coke for a treat(!). And then came home and had a big 10pp sandwich. I was annoyed with myself for eating so much, so late. HOWEVER. Normally on a Friday I have two or three big glasses if wine for ten to fifteen points, and don't even think about it. I only really drink at the weekends, only midweek if there's something on , but I'm very laissez faire with liquid calories. It is one of my last remaining very bad health habits and I really need to change. There's calories from the wine, what I eat when I'm tipsy and then the cravings the next day. Shocking, and something I badly need to work on :-(.

Good to hear about other peoples' experiences though, good to know I'm not the only one making a hames of things and then dusting off and starting again! I suppose the important thing is to get back on track ASAP and not let one bad weekend turn into a bad month!

I agree. Its nice to know we're not alone in this. I am also really bad for liquid calories. For some reason it doesn't register with my brain that its still calories and isn't helping my weight loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Does anyone know how many points in a Starbucks signature hot choc with skimmed milk and no cream? I gave my mum my eating out book and she lost it! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi
    had tried going it alone between money being tight and finding it hard to get to a class timewise I was wondering if anyone has tried to do it online on the uk site its only£11.95 a month but what do you do when it asks for address as it seems to be only for the uk though I remember someone on here ages ago who was using it. Need inspiration pls

maggimay wrote: »
    hi
    had tried going it alone between money being tight and finding it hard to get to a class timewise I was wondering if anyone has tried to do it online on the uk site its only£11.95 a month but what do you do when it asks for address as it seems to be only for the uk though I remember someone on here ages ago who was using it. Need inspiration pls

I have heard of people putting down an address for a hotel. Just google any hotel in the UK. It does mean you won't get the folder posted out to you but you might have them already anyway? You can find all the info online anyway. You'll be able to use their online resources which are supposed to be really good.
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many points in a Starbucks signature hot choc with skimmed milk and no cream? I gave my mum my eating out book and she lost it! Thanks

According to Google it would seem 10 points for a tall.

Well I went to weigh in and as expected I was up 2.5lbs. It took everything to stop myself from crying at the scales. I couldn't face my normal class so stopped off at a different class on the way home. I wish I had gone to my own class now as I would've stayed for the meeting. The leader was lovely and even though I wasn't her member she went through all the reasons why I might have gained. She said one of the things she tells her members, is to use your dailies on proper nutritious food and keep weeklies for treats. I think I might give that a go. I have drastically cut down on the amount of junk I'm eating. I know we shouldn't expect big numbers but honestly if I don't get a 5lb loss next week it will be hard not to give up. Sorry for the moan but I've been deflated all evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

According to Google it would seem 10 points for a tall.

Jaysus! :(

Well I went to weigh in and as expected I was up 2.5lbs. It took everything to stop myself from crying at the scales. I couldn't face my normal class so stopped off at a different class on the way home. I wish I had gone to my own class now as I would've stayed for the meeting. The leader was lovely and even though I wasn't her member she went through all the reasons why I might have gained. She said one of the things she tells her members, is to use your dailies on proper nutritious food and keep weeklies for treats. I think I might give that a go. I have drastically cut down on the amount of junk I'm eating. I know we shouldn't expect big numbers but honestly if I don't get a 5lb loss next week it will be hard not to give up. Sorry for the moan but I've been deflated all evening.

Oh Duffy please don't be disheartened. You say you expected to be up, and 2.5lbs is not very much it's very easy to lose is in a week. You work so hard and you're an inspiration to a lot of people here. Be gentle and patient with yourself. Does your regular leader do anymore classes during the week? It might be an idea to go to class and not weigh in (you can do that). If you find you're eating a lot of junk, maybe try a few filling and healthy days? I follow the Niptuck blog on fb and she has some great tips.

Maybe don't aim for five pounds. Think of five pounds of butter and how much that really is! Don't give up, you've come so far and were all here for support. Come rant when it gets hard!! We all know what it's like xx

Oh Duffy please don't be disheartened. You say you expected to be up, and 2.5lbs is not very much it's very easy to lose is in a week. You work so hard and you're an inspiration to a lot of people here. Be gentle and patient with yourself. Does your regular leader do anymore classes during the week? It might be an idea to go to class and not weigh in (you can do that). If you find you're eating a lot of junk, maybe try a few filling and healthy days? I follow the Niptuck blog on fb and she has some great tips.

Maybe don't aim for five pounds. Think of five pounds of butter and how much that really is! Don't give up, you've come so far and were all here for support. Come rant when it gets hard!! We all know what it's like xx

Thanks cailleach an airgid. While I said I expected to be up, that's only because I checked the scales this morning. I had S perfect week last week, stuck to points and exercised so I have no idea where that gain came from. I had a big gain a few weeks ago as a result of giving up. Since I've been back on track I lost only 0.5lb last week and then the gain this week. So I've no idea what's going on with my body and that's kind of why I was saying 5lbs for next week but I'm going to keep at it and hopefully the scales will move eventually.

After I read your post I thought about it a bit more and I realised I forgot to mention a NSV I had today! I ordered a dress last week for a friends wedding and after I ordered it I wondered was I being a bit optimistic. Well it arrived today and I honestly expected to have to return it but to my delight the smaller size fits! I am doing something right as I've dropped a dress size even if the scales haven't budged :D I am going to try and be more positive this week!

Thanks cailleach an airgid. While I said I expected to be up, that's only because I checked the scales this morning. I had S perfect week last week, stuck to points and exercised so I have no idea where that gain came from. I had a big gain a few weeks ago as a result of giving up. Since I've been back on track I lost only 0.5lb last week and then the gain this week. So I've no idea what's going on with my body and that's kind of why I was saying 5lbs for next week but I'm going to keep at it and hopefully the scales will move eventually.

After I read your post I thought about it a bit more and I realised I forgot to mention a NSV I had today! I ordered a dress last week for a friends wedding and after I ordered it I wondered was I being a bit optimistic. Well it arrived today and I honestly expected to have to return it but to my delight the smaller size fits! I am doing something right as I've dropped a dress size even if the scales haven't budged :D I am going to try and be more positive this week!

You know I had to come back to your post this morning Duffy and take my own fecking advice! I had a very sensible week food wise, made lots of gorgeous veggie soup, made good choices, had some reasonable treats, but kept on track. I've had two good losses in the last two weeks (well 1.5lbs per week but my BMI is 22 so 3 lbs in two weeks is good for me!!). I was really hoping for ANYTHING this week. A half pound, a pound - 2.5 would have got me to goal, but I wasn't being overly ambitious! And I stayed the fecking same. I was absolutely gutted this morning, after trying so hard, being organised and strong and everything, that the scales didn't budge. I'm a bit stressed right now (PhD progression viva on Friday, 3oth birthday party with a house full of people that night, a couple of gigs coming up I really need to prepare for and general PhD related anxiety), so maybe that was it?

So sometimes it all goes ok and it doesn't show on the scales. My 30th is this weekend, and I'm definitely not going to be down next week! But I'm in a gorgeous dress that was a distant dream last year, so I need to be less hard on myself and not so cranky that it just didn't happen this week.

I was down 3.5lbs this week :eek: Got my 2nd stone and have lost 10% of my starting weight. Shocked, hoped to have the stone by next week so it was a great surprise. I think going in the morning instead of the evening (I'm on study leave this week) contributed a bit, and I've been down 6lbs over the last 2 weeks so a STS next week or even up .5, I'd be fine with.

*happy dance*

:o

You know I had to come back to your post this morning Duffy and take my own fecking advice! I had a very sensible week food wise, made lots of gorgeous veggie soup, made good choices, had some reasonable treats, but kept on track. I've had two good losses in the last two weeks (well 1.5lbs per week but my BMI is 22 so 3 lbs in two weeks is good for me!!). I was really hoping for ANYTHING this week. A half pound, a pound - 2.5 would have got me to goal, but I wasn't being overly ambitious! And I stayed the fecking same. I was absolutely gutted this morning, after trying so hard, being organised and strong and everything, that the scales didn't budge. I'm a bit stressed right now (PhD progression viva on Friday, 3oth birthday party with a house full of people that night, a couple of gigs coming up I really need to prepare for and general PhD related anxiety), so maybe that was it?

So sometimes it all goes ok and it doesn't show on the scales. My 30th is this weekend, and I'm definitely not going to be down next week! But I'm in a gorgeous dress that was a distant dream last year, so I need to be less hard on myself and not so cranky that it just didn't happen this week.

It's frustrating isn't it. I'm like you in that I have a girls dinner on Saturday, a going away party Friday week and a wedding the following weekend and then we're into December and Christmas parties pub crawls etc. If I gain when I've nothing on and I've been good then there's no hope for me over the coming weeks! It could well have the PhD stress that caused it. Look on the bright side at least you didn't gain. I'm with you on being less hard on myself. That's my aim for the week!

• Advertisement

I was down 3.5lbs this week :eek: Got my 2nd stone and have lost 10% of my starting weight. Shocked, hoped to have the stone by next week so it was a great surprise. I think going in the morning instead of the evening (I'm on study leave this week) contributed a bit, and I've been down 6lbs over the last 2 weeks so a STS next week or even up .5, I'd be fine with.

*happy dance*

:o

What a great loss well done!! I always find when I was on study leave I did much better food wise without even thinking about it!

Advertisement