Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thanks a million Duffy. Really sorry to hear about your bad results this week :( I'm so frustrated on your behalf, I enjoy reading your blog and posts and you really have seemed so motivated lately, so it's so annoying not to be seeing the numbers drop. I hope it shows for you on the scales next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Another 1lb down, 10 to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I have heard of people putting down an address for a hotel. Just google any hotel in the UK. It does mean you won't get the folder posted out to you but you might have them already anyway? You can find all the info online anyway. You'll be able to use their online resources which are supposed to be really good.

How about using Parcel motel as your address? You get the first use free afaik. That way you would get the pack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I was up last week so I've really made an effort to stay within my points, and it's my birthday tomorrow so I'm banking the 49 for that. But today on a work thing we were making pizzas. we had a load of bruschetta first with 2 glasses of wine, oil, olive pate, and then 7 slices of pizza? (yes I know it's disgusting) Would you just wipe out the 49 and deal with it or what? I only had about 10 free dailies left I do have activity points but I'm not sure theyre calculated right so I dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Yippee:) 3.5lb down so am back on track. Found this week so hard because I had no kitchen and had to rely on microwave for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Weigh in tonight...I'm scared!! Wasn't great at the weekend & had a concert last night, so well over my 49 points. Hoping for a miracle.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Well I went to weigh in and as expected I was up 2.5lbs. It took everything to stop myself from crying at the scales. I couldn't face my normal class so stopped off at a different class on the way home. I wish I had gone to my own class now as I would've stayed for the meeting. The leader was lovely and even though I wasn't her member she went through all the reasons why I might have gained. She said one of the things she tells her members, is to use your dailies on proper nutritious food and keep weeklies for treats. I think I might give that a go. I have drastically cut down on the amount of junk I'm eating. I know we shouldn't expect big numbers but honestly if I don't get a 5lb loss next week it will be hard not to give up. Sorry for the moan but I've been deflated all evening.

Hi Duffy, I know its hard and I feel so upset for you but please don't be too upset because it will come off and you are so motivated and work so hard. You said that you lost inches and that is all part of weight loss aswell. You are one of the posters that has always motivated me so if there is anything I can do please let me know. Just keep going it might be slow but it will come off in the end.x

You know I had to come back to your post this morning Duffy and take my own fecking advice! I had a very sensible week food wise, made lots of gorgeous veggie soup, made good choices, had some reasonable treats, but kept on track. I've had two good losses in the last two weeks (well 1.5lbs per week but my BMI is 22 so 3 lbs in two weeks is good for me!!). I was really hoping for ANYTHING this week. A half pound, a pound - 2.5 would have got me to goal, but I wasn't being overly ambitious! And I stayed the fecking same. I was absolutely gutted this morning, after trying so hard, being organised and strong and everything, that the scales didn't budge. I'm a bit stressed right now (PhD progression viva on Friday, 3oth birthday party with a house full of people that night, a couple of gigs coming up I really need to prepare for and general PhD related anxiety), so maybe that was it?

So sometimes it all goes ok and it doesn't show on the scales. My 30th is this weekend, and I'm definitely not going to be down next week! But I'm in a gorgeous dress that was a distant dream last year, so I need to be less hard on myself and not so cranky that it just didn't happen this week.

Hi Cailleach, You are right don't be too hard on yourself because you have to live some of the time. Congrats on getting near goal and have a great time for your 30th and do lots of happy dances in your gorgeous dress.:)

keesa wrote: »
    I was up last week so I've really made an effort to stay within my points, and it's my birthday tomorrow so I'm banking the 49 for that. But today on a work thing we were making pizzas. we had a load of bruschetta first with 2 glasses of wine, oil, olive pate, and then 7 slices of pizza? (yes I know it's disgusting) Would you just wipe out the 49 and deal with it or what? I only had about 10 free dailies left I do have activity points but I'm not sure theyre calculated right so I dunno

I would wipe it with the 49 or do a couple of extra walks but like I said above you have to live and things always just crop up and you have to enjoy your birthday, also from reading your posts you seem to be doing really well so enjoy this week and get back on track when the excitement dies down.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Thanks a million Duffy. Really sorry to hear about your bad results this week :( I'm so frustrated on your behalf, I enjoy reading your blog and posts and you really have seemed so motivated lately, so it's so annoying not to be seeing the numbers drop. I hope it shows for you on the scales next week!

Thanks! I am feeling much better today and so far so good this week. I think if I even just lose the 2.5lbs I gained, I will be happy. I am going out for dinner on Saturday but for once I should have all my weeklies for it so hopefully that won't affect the scales.

Happy birthday! I would write off your weeklies and stick to your dailies for the rest of the week. If you want to enjoy your birthday, then do and just face the scales and move on. Up the exercise and make sure you're getting enough water and you may surprise yourself at weigh in :)
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, I know its hard and I feel so upset for you but please don't be too upset because it will come off and you are so motivated and work so hard. You said that you lost inches and that is all part of weight loss aswell. You are one of the posters that has always motivated me so if there is anything I can do please let me know. Just keep going it might be slow but it will come off in the end.x

Thanks honeygirl and well done on your loss this week :) I am feeling much better now and I am really looking at the bigger picture. Tonight I completed day 2 week 5 of c25k which meant I ran 8 minutes straight. While running I noticed how my fitness and speed had improved so much in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

After weeks of being in limbo, finally getting back on track. Was down 3.5 lbs :) Only 2.5lbs to my 3rd silver 7 now. It's taken me about 7 months to get this far though. Guess it's true what they say, slow & steady wins the race! Feeling more positive now about my weight loss journey in the long term. Determined to get to goal once and for all, even if it does take my another 7 months to get there!!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend :)

• Advertisement

NSV - I'm now fitting into a size 8 jeans! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nomes311

maggimay wrote: »
    hi
    had tried going it alone between money being tight and finding it hard to get to a class timewise I was wondering if anyone has tried to do it online on the uk site its only£11.95 a month but what do you do when it asks for address as it seems to be only for the uk though I remember someone on here ages ago who was using it. Need inspiration pls

I use WW online...I basically put in my own address and then a UK postal code (think I used one from Belfast, a hotel or something)

It's great...you definitely don't need the book or anything like that. You can easily calculate all your food and activity points and there are 100s of recipes available. Also there are loads of points available for eating out in different restaurants.

For some reason online works better for me than the classes...obviously a frame of mind thing!

Well I was 1 and 1/2 stone down and within 7 pounds of my goal but just discovered I am pregnant! Completely not planned since little one is only 9 months old and am on the pill but a happy shock! I'm hoping having lost the weight slowly and healthily with weight watchers that I am better equipped this time to not gain 3 and 1/2 stone like last year!

I'll keep an eye on all you guys on the forum...always fun to read ;)

nomes311 wrote: »
    I use WW online...I basically put in my own address and then a UK postal code (think I used one from Belfast, a hotel or something)

It's great...you definitely don't need the book or anything like that. You can easily calculate all your food and activity points and there are 100s of recipes available. Also there are loads of points available for eating out in different restaurants.

For some reason online works better for me than the classes...obviously a frame of mind thing!

Well I was 1 and 1/2 stone down and within 7 pounds of my goal but just discovered I am pregnant! Completely not planned since little one is only 9 months old and am on the pill but a happy shock! I'm hoping having lost the weight slowly and healthily with weight watchers that I am better equipped this time to not gain 3 and 1/2 stone like last year!

I'll keep an eye on all you guys on the forum...always fun to read ;)

Congratulations that's lovely news:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Down 3! I can't believe it! I got food poisoning on my birthday so I'd say that's what did it. Don't recommend it it was rotten! But 4 to goal now.

Congratulations nomes! And well done keesa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Well done everyone on the great losses :)

I went out for dinner unexpectedly last night and wasn't as good as I should have been :( nervous for my weigh in on monday, but at the same time that was my first real treat like that in 5 weeks, so I don't mind staying the same or even being up a small bit if I get to have something like that every now and again.

I am having such a good day today. Last night I was lounging around and decided at 11.30 to get up and do a kettlebell workout. I even added in my own cardio intervals. Last Tuesday I weighed 14st 11lbs and this morning I took a peek at the scales and I weighed 14st 8lbs :D I also just completed c25k week 5 day 3 which is 20 minutes running with no walking. I spent the whole day building up to do it and I there were times where I said I'd leave it until tomorrow but I went and did it and I really surprised myself. Granted it was very slow. The target is 2 miles in that time and I only ran 1.43 miles wich is 2.3km but I am so proud that I didn't stop!

I am heading out for dinner to an Italian with the girls tonight. I have all my weeklies left so was thinking spaghetti bolognese for 20 points and then have budgeted for 6 glasses of wine. I have no intentions of drinking 6 glasses of wine but thought better to budget high. My only problem is when I drink it always affects my result on the scale so now I really don't want to go out tonight. I won't get away with not drinking so the best I can hope for is to limit it to 2 glasses and hope it doesn't do any damage.
    nomes311 wrote: »
    Well I was 1 and 1/2 stone down and within 7 pounds of my goal but just discovered I am pregnant! Completely not planned since little one is only 9 months old and am on the pill but a happy shock! I'm hoping having lost the weight slowly and healthily with weight watchers that I am better equipped this time to not gain 3 and 1/2 stone like last year

Congratulations :)
    Down 3! I can't believe it! I got food poisoning on my birthday so I'd say that's what did it. Don't recommend it it was rotten! But 4 to goal now.

Well done a great result :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hi Duffy, It sounds like you have everything pointed and prepared for tonight so have a great time:) Get back into the exercise pointing and watching everything from tomorrow and you will be down at your next weigh in. Sounds like you are doing brilliantly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

quick question dos anyone know when ww meetings finish up for Christmas? I got to goal this time two years ago but I have had a back slide (I don't even know where the wagon is!) I was thinking of going back to get myself going again but I wasn't sure if there was any point if its finishing up in a week or two before Christmas. Any info/advice accepted!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, It sounds like you have everything pointed and prepared for tonight so have a great time:) Get back into the exercise pointing and watching everything from tomorrow and you will be down at your next weigh in. Sounds like you are doing brilliantly:)

Thanks. I had a great evening and stuck with 2 glasses so still well within points. So fingers crossed!
    Hi All,

quick question dos anyone know when ww meetings finish up for Christmas? I got to goal this time two years ago but I have had a back slide (I don't even know where the wagon is!) I was thinking of going back to get myself going again but I wasn't sure if there was any point if its finishing up in a week or two before Christmas. Any info/advice accepted!

They finish up week ended 21st December. There's 5 weeks which could be 5 pounds or more gone before Christmas. If you don't have many social events in the run up to Christmas then I definitely would join next week. If you do and you reckon you'll find it hard to stick to plan then you could wait until after Christmas.

• Advertisement

Thanks Duffy, 5 weeks is deffo worth it, I was worried it would only be 2/3 even if I don't lose much it will get me in the right mindset! Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

So I was down a 1/2 lb tonight. Delighted with that as I thought I might be up a bit - not my best week!
    I think I was getting a bit comfortable so going to be very strict this week coming, and hopefully will see even better results next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

jubella wrote: »
    So I was down a 1/2 lb tonight. Delighted with that as I thought I might be up a bit - not my best week!
    I think I was getting a bit comfortable so going to be very strict this week coming, and hopefully will see even better results next week :)

When I was losing the majority of my weight, I tended to lose week on week off-half a pound down or sts one week, down two the next. It worked out fairly well overall, but I definitely wouldn't worry about a half pound loss-a minus is a minus!

I have had a really indulgent weekend food wise. Dinner and a million drinks Friday, chips twice on Saturday (hangover eating), dinner out last night and again tomorrow night... Glad I'm only turning thirty once in a lifetime, I'd be the size of a house! Still, I felt a million dollars in my dress, I really felt you could notice that I'm two stone lighter than this time last year! 30 bodes well, never happier in my own skin. This whole journey has been worth it.

I made a huge pot of broccoli and cauliflower soup earlier, had it with a spoon of low fat sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese and afew Melba crackers, all for a very tasty 6pp dinner. I'm really craving veggies and simple wholesome food after the last few days, so soup is the plan!

Hi everyone :)

Hope you're all doing well. I'm probably going to miss WW this week and I feel nervous for some reason. :o

Fecking Spar just text to offer me a free iced doughnut for my birthday!! Is the world trying to ensure that I put on twenty pounds this week?!! (not going to go in, but tis TOUGH).

Fecking Spar just text to offer me a free iced doughnut for my birthday!! Is the world trying to ensure that I put on twenty pounds this week?!! (not going to go in, but tis TOUGH).

OMG that reminds me, I had a dream last night that I was at some magnificent banquet and there were hundreds of cakes, doughnuts, eclairs, etc. I must have eaten about 7 or 8 chocolate doughnuts. They were bloody delicious...hope that doesn't impact me this week :pac: (Although in fairness, my boozy weekend is most likely to do that :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mess2asuccess

Hey everyone!

After much soul searching I've decided to go back to WW. It really worked for me a couple of years ago but I got cocky and stopped going to meetings as I thought I knew everything :rolleyes:

The weight I lost not only came back on, it multiplied! When I left WW I was 10 stone. I'm now only a few lbs off 20 stone :(

So I literally have to lose half of myself to get to a healthy weight for my height. I'm hoping over the next couple of years that I will fully commit to this and with your help that I can lose the bad half of my self :)

First weigh in was yesterday and I weighed in at 19st 9.5lbs. With roughly 5 weeks to Christmas I'm aiming to lose 10lbs. The last time I went to WW I actually lost weight over Christmas and I didn't feel deprived at all so I'm hoping for something similar. But my main focus is this next 5 weeks.

Hey everyone!

After much soul searching I've decided to go back to WW. It really worked for me a couple of years ago but I got cocky and stopped going to meetings as I thought I knew everything :rolleyes:

The weight I lost not only came back on, it multiplied! When I left WW I was 10 stone. I'm now only a few lbs off 20 stone :(

So I literally have to lose half of myself to get to a healthy weight for my height. I'm hoping over the next couple of years that I will fully commit to this and with your help that I can lose the bad half of my self :)

First weigh in was yesterday and I weighed in at 19st 9.5lbs. With roughly 5 weeks to Christmas I'm aiming to lose 10lbs. The last time I went to WW I actually lost weight over Christmas and I didn't feel deprived at all so I'm hoping for something similar. But my main focus is this next 5 weeks.

I saw a meme on the Facebook page earlier, which pointed out that people often say 'I'll start now after Christmas' at this time of the year - there's 5 weeks and we can all achieve a lot in that time. Well done you for biting the bullet now and making a start! 10lbs would be amazing in that time, but even 5 lbs would be a brilliant start (any minus is good). Bear in mind if you do lose 10, that's approximately a dress size (be a dress size smaller for Christmas yes please!!).

Best of luck, we're all here in the same boat and this thread is great for those days when you feel like caving and eating the contents of the fridge!!

Hey everyone!

Me too, I got to goal after losing 50 pounds...gained it all back! I was the lightest ive ever been even as a teenager!
    Just going in to my first class back now and I'm excited to get going, we'll all get there together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hey all. What an amazing, inspirational thread this is. (All 3 of them!!)
    I hope I will be offering some input from here on in, and if things go my way, some inspiration, food ideas and recipes too!

Briefly, I am 5 foot 8inches, female, 26 years old and rejoined Weight Watchers last week after not having gone in 87weeks.

I was 15stone 8lbs when I originally joined. I was down at around 14stone 5lb when I stopped. I decided to rejoin last week and was 15stone 1lb. My weigh in is tomorrow morning. I will cycle to it with no breakfast, pick up a small bit of shopping en route home and then have breakfast.

I have been tracking everything this week, done more excercise than I usually would (1 hot yoga class, a bit of cycling, some skating, extra walking) but have also had an eddie rockets, a fair few more cauppachinos than I would regularly, and one chinese (Lemon chicken, boiled rice, 4 prawn crackers and a spring roll (9pp) which I wish I didn't have as it wasn't even nice... but anywho...living and learning..living and learning) Though I have had these treats, I have chosen lower points option at every chance and am learning to re adjust my food choices to suit the plan again so I will not get hung up on this. I had the idea to go through my tracker just now and highlighted where I could improve and I have found this very useful. I will be cutting out the sugar from my skinny cauppachinos next week to save on a few points that are being unneccessarily being spent at the moment. I did not do this before but I think I will keep it up. (the highlighting that is)

I have had breakfast every day - noticing a great difference here in keeping hunger at bay throughout the day - have only been really hungry once this week and that was due to me misplanning something - so nothing to do with the plan at all.

I find WW most useful for helping me to make lower calorie decisions with my treats, and in controlling portions for my meals.

I am hoping to lose a total of 4 stone in the coming months-
    would love if this could be 12lbs per month, (3lb per week), bringing me to my goal by ...sometime. Maybe I should work on my maths too :-D Anyway. Hi to all, congratulations on the losses so far and highfive, yo! :-D Lets do this!

Advertisement