Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

1lb of fat -
    1-lb-fat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That still makes my stomach turn.. :o

Welcome metime and best of luck :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Meh I was down the 2.5lbs I gained last week. Don't know how to feel as any other week I'd be delighted with it. Thing is I'm losing inches and people think I've lost a tonne of weight but I've only actually lost 5.5lbs. On the plus side though, the work trousers I bought back in September are now so big on me that my mum has offered to buy me new clothes because she's sick of looking at them on me :D Anyway onwards and downwards and hopefully I'll get the 1.5lbs for my silver seven next week.

Happy birthday cailleach an airgid :) Enjoy it as you're only 30 once!

Welcome mess2asuccess and metime. I have around 4 stone to lose as well and its slow and painful but if you look at changing your lifestyle then you will reap benefits off the scales as well as on.

Dreading WI today

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Welcome to everyone who's new or rejoined :) I really do find this thread makes such a difference for me. Everyone here is an inspiration and it's so motivating.

Definitely back into the right head space again, just need to stick at it. Weigh in now tomorrow night and it could go either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mess2asuccess

Can I ask what do people have for lunch? This is what I'm probably struggling with most. My lunch is usually a wrap with hot chicken and salad and a tsp of mayo. I buy it in the deli where I work and I'm made out that its 12 pps. I'd love to make my own hot lunches and bring them in but there is no microwave where I work :( I like to have something warm during the day as I feel more full throughout the day. Unfortunately the only other options in the deli are burgers, chips, lasagnas, fried rice etc. so I'm definitely making the best choice available to me.

So what do the rest of you do for lunch?

Hi all!
    I was -3lb at this mornings weigh in. Really really thrilled, as it was my teething week as I have just rejoined again after a year and a half off.
    All of my excercise paid off it seems, as without it I definitely would have stayed the same or been up. (I had an Eddie Rockets, a Chinese AND a Govindas during the week...ahem TOTM...though...not all in the same day, mind :pac:...imagine...yum... lol)

Anyway! I am really going to work hard to lose 3lb again this week, really, I would love to lose 4lb-... really 5lb, though I think 4lb is more realistic.
    I am going to do everything I can to give myself the best environment and tools to achieve that. I will not be upset if it is 2 or 3, though.

Has anyone here ever lost 4lb in one week? If so, do you have any tips to share? I plan to try lose 4lb this week with a little less exercise than last week, though still 3 sessions in the week, and a little more focus on portions, quality of food and in making some more wiser choices from healthy and filling book. For example, filling up on porridge in the morning, every morning and trying different healthy and filling toppings. I have been eating a couple of diet type foods this week and have noticed headaches where I have not had one in over a year. Definitely putting it down to sweeteners, so I would like to get away from these.

So in summary and for my own reference: to help me lose the 4lb (or 2lb or 3lb....or 5lb??!!!:-D) this week I will be / have / am going to be:
    • use my tracker religiously
    • drink more water and note how much I have per day as I am a bit dehydrated today (headache, dry lips) I also think this will be useful to see if it effects my WI from week to week.
    • Swapping over to slimline milk, from Low Fat milk (Difference of 3pp per pint)
    • I am getting a digital weighing scales this afternoon.
      I want to be sure that my porridge in the morning is 30g and therefore 3pp, and 3pp only! This will also help me to see what I am eating portion wise as at the moment it has all really been guesswork. I feel I want to train myself in portions this week and be able to recognize what 50g of cous cous looks like and identify a ramekin to use for doing that etc, as I have such bad habits in that regard. It will make my life a lot easier in the long run to focus on that this week. The measuring will also help with the milk - I have 1 pint measured out for 5pp today to try out. (Slimline). This is for my daily tea and for the bit on the porridge in the morning. I am hoping this will make a difference, as will be saving a few points every day.
    • I have decided to have no cappuccinos this week - I had about 6 last week, with some sneaky brown sugars. Lots of extra unneeded points and is out of habit more than anything. I will try get back on to my herbal teas, which will help with the water increase too. Will also keep the ould laimhes warm during the baltic weather without the points, salt and additives of sachet soup!
    • I also made the commitment to the program - I paid for the next 7 weeks today. I am feeling good knowing that this time 9 weeks (there is 2 weeks off for Christmas apparently), I will be much closer to my goal than I am now. If I could be 13st 7lb on New Years Eve, I would be disgustingly happy! Though if this needs to be slower than that for health reasons that is also ok..I am just dreaming!
    I have over 4 stone I would like to lose.
    I definitely would love to be 11stone in June, toned, healthier lifestyle and for food to be an easier aspect of my life, and sports to be a normal part of it. I really do think it is totally doable if I am honest and kind to myself and stay focused and inspired (With the help of this thread, meetings, friends and family).

For now, my short term goal is 4lb (but hopefully 5lb) this week.

I hope everyone is getting on well with the program! Oh and for anyone interested, going to get this scales: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9077618/Trail/searchtext%3EDIGITAL+SCALE.htm

Lets do this

Can I ask what do people have for lunch? This is what I'm probably struggling with most. My lunch is usually a wrap with hot chicken and salad and a tsp of mayo. I buy it in the deli where I work and I'm made out that its 12 pps. I'd love to make my own hot lunches and bring them in but there is no microwave where I work :( I like to have something warm during the day as I feel more full throughout the day. Unfortunately the only other options in the deli are burgers, chips, lasagnas, fried rice etc. so I'm definitely making the best choice available to me.

So what do the rest of you do for lunch?

A friend gave me a toastie bag which I believe she got in Dealz. It is rather handy and if there is a toaster in work, it would allow you to use Low Low cheese to make a toasted cheese sandwich? You could even put some scallions and some wafer thin ham slices in there!? Tomato, ballymaloe relish, mustard?... ( I have used it to make delicious toasted peanut butter and jam sandwiches, pre weight watchers, though, mind you lol. )

mZ5wXA2GaWZB1RErTLwubmQ.jpg

The toasted cheese along with a sachet of soup made with water from the kettle may offer a nice alternative esp if there is no microwave. Even one or two days a week? As a bread alternative for the wrap to mix things up a bit might I suggest Slimbos - I think they are nice anyway. They are 3pp and by Pat the Baker and seem to be on offer at the moment.
    I have been eating those this week. Oh, crumpets are good too - and you can toast those.

Oh, Weight Watchers have wraps as far as I know, I wonder could you bring in your own wrap, make up a tzatski sauce with 0% fat yoghurt, cucumber and garlic at home, and add that to the hot chicken fillet..like, construct the sandwich there yourself? This would get rid of the points from the mayonaise yet you would still have the hot fillet. Then you could maybe have a bigger breakfast of porridge and warm things that would have you feeling satisfied? Just an idea.

I am not sure about this now, but I just read online that you can cook fish fingers in the toastie bags, and also potato waffles. I advise you have a look up about it there - might save you a few quid, points and make your lunch life a bit more tasty! The fish fingers might be lovely in a wrap with a load of salad for a change. I don't know. But maybe you will get something out of that. Oh, herbal tea is nice and hot and has no points. It is also available in soooooooooooooo many flavours you could have a different one every day for the year if you wanted! Might be worth a look.

Best of luck with it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Meh I was down the 2.5lbs I gained last week. Don't know how to feel as any other week I'd be delighted with it. Thing is I'm losing inches and people think I've lost a tonne of weight but I've only actually lost 5.5lbs. On the plus side though, the work trousers I bought back in September are now so big on me that my mum has offered to buy me new clothes because she's sick of looking at them on me :D Anyway onwards and downwards and hopefully I'll get the 1.5lbs for my silver seven next week.

Hi Duffy well done on the weight loss this week, you seem to be doing really well now:)

Welcome to everyone who has just joined, this is a great site for motivation and the people are really great for giving advice and motivating each other. Good luck on your journey:)

I have my weigh in tomorrow so I have fingers and toes crossed:D

Onwards and Downwards!

Up 2lbs. I can't say I'm suprised tbh. Back on track this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

STS this week. Really happy with that :) I went to a morning class last week and was down 3.5, whereas this week I was back to my usual 7 o'clock class. I said last week I'd be happy with a STS or even .5lb up, plus I'd a few boozy nights out at the weekend and went over my 49!

1 and a half down! Fairly happy with that:) Good luck to everyone who has a weigh in to come and congrats on all the great losses so far.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Oh God, I’m so off the radar it is starting to scare me. I am up 5lb in the past 3 weeks. I’m not tracking, I’m eating and drinking all around me. I was out for dinner & drinks last night AND Wednesday night. I’ve done no excerise all week. I’m going away this evening for the weekend & I know it will be all about food and drink! I know what I have to do but I just can’t get it into my head to do it!! Aaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh…….thanks rant over!

Natmus wrote: »
    Oh God, I’m so off the radar it is starting to scare me. I am up 5lb in the past 3 weeks. I’m not tracking, I’m eating and drinking all around me. I was out for dinner & drinks last night AND Wednesday night. I’ve done no excerise all week. I’m going away this evening for the weekend & I know it will be all about food and drink! I know what I have to do but I just can’t get it into my head to do it!! Aaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh…….thanks rant over!

Poor you! But don't despair! I highly doubt that you have put on 5lb of fat in the past 3 weeks. More then likely as you haven'y been properly tracking some of it is probably more water weight and a few days on the straight and narrow and it will sort itself out.

My only advice is to think about why you started to lose weight in the first place. Really think about it! If you can identify what made you start WW, then maybe you'll be able to refocus yourself. Don't blame yourself too much. We've all been there, many times!:o Just get this weekend over you and then move forward. don't dwell on guilt or regret. Instead think about the positives!

Morning everyone!

On the topic of rants. dear god was I tested yesterday! So there I am doing a bit of Christmas shopping in Jervis Centre when I had to nip to the loo. Headed for the bathrooms and BOOM! Satan himself must have set up his kitchen right here in Jervis! There is a waffle stand right outside the entrance of the bathrooms. OMG, the smell of the waffles was AMAZING! I was drooling once the heavenly scent wafted in my direction! Only that I was bursting to go to the bathroom I would have stopped and gorged! However I knew that when I would exit the bathroom the aroma would hit me again! What was I going to do?? The only thing I could think of was to ring my mother as I was leaving the bathroom area as I wouldn't be able to walk, talk and eat a waffle all at the same time! But damn was it hard!

So beware! Temptation is literally around every corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

There is a waffle stand right outside the entrance of the bathrooms.

Tbh, the location of the waffle stand is enough to turn me off the waffles!

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Tbh, the location of the waffle stand is enough to turn me off the waffles!

It's in the food court of Jervis beside the tunnel for the bathrooms so not exactly outside the door of the bathroom! :D

Morning everyone!

On the topic of rants. dear god was I tested yesterday! So there I am doing a bit of Christmas shopping in Jervis Centre when I had to nip to the loo. Headed for the bathrooms and BOOM! Satan himself must have set up his kitchen right here in Jervis! There is a waffle stand right outside the entrance of the bathrooms. OMG, the smell of the waffles was AMAZING! I was drooling once the heavenly scent wafted in my direction! Only that I was bursting to go to the bathroom I would have stopped and gorged! However I knew that when I would exit the bathroom the aroma would hit me again! What was I going to do?? The only thing I could think of was to ring my mother as I was leaving the bathroom area as I wouldn't be able to walk, talk and eat a waffle all at the same time! But damn was it hard!

So beware! Temptation is literally around every corner!

Laughed out loud at this, I was in Jervis yesterday too. I was very hungry at this point in my day and was nibbling on a packet of M&S count on us crisps. I happened to glance up and saw the Waffle stand and kind of crinkled my packet a bit - I knew I HAD to stay away. Fair play on your strength, as i'll be honest, I thought the end of your post was going to end in a "whoops!" Fair play to you :-)

I am quite proud of myself - no cauppachinos yet this week. :-) I'd have had 3 by now with 3 sugars, since Wednesday. Funny thing is I am not super missing them either. Yayyyyy. Mini victories ftw. Feeling good about this. I have decided I will treat myself to one a week. That's a saving of around a tenner, increased enjoyment of the one a week, the saving almost pays pays for the WW class and i'm not buzzed on coffee -also I won't crave the something sweet to go with it - oh and also not to mention the saved PP! Win-win-win-winwin!! :D:D

Question Where do you go to sit in for food in town when you are there? Not a fancy dinner, I mean if you are getting something before a movie or if you have a few hours and need something hot and for somewhere to sit for a little while- to recuperate after shopping or browsing?

I found myself stuck yesterday and didn't want to damage my allowance badly - it really threw me off and didn't like feeling stuck and hungry. I read there are some good options in Nandos - sweet potato mash, side salad, coleslaw and if you choose wisely could get some chicken too for under 15pp in total though I'd like more options than this ....I ended up in Eddie Rockets last week and was not happy with what I got for my points at all. So if anyone had any tips for nice things in town that would be great. I should probably get the eating out guide. Is this available at meetings every week would anyone know? Should I just order it online?

Hope everyone is having a good week anyway! Oh - I made this on Wednesday - was SO stuffed and it hit my craving spot on -
    1/4 brocolli 0pp
    1/4 caulliflour 0pp
    5 sprouts 0pp
    2 cloves garlic 0pp
    freshly ground black pepper 0pp
    1 100g tub of tesco lighter choices cottage cheese 5pp
    20g low low cheese 2pp

i boiled up the veg, drained mixed the garlic with the cottage cheese, put all in to a bowl, topped with cottage cheese mix , sprinkled with the grated cheese and black pepper. Absolute yum - just what I wanted and was only 7pp! Could put it in an oven dish, add some chicken and some WW bread crumbled on top to make it crispy for very low points I imagine.

Also - raging I bought a box of WW Toffee bars at the meeting last week - i'm milling into them and it's only because they're there. I find myself just not thinking about them and mindlessly throwing away points when not necessary. It's just too easy when they're here in the house. No point in me giving up Caupp to throw the points away on these! I want to find a sweet treat that is filling, wholesome, has no sweeteners and additives in it. Is that possible ;-( Hm. Perhaps some kind of frozen banana / coconut milk / cocoa / 72% chocolate concoction. Or maybe i will look at the Happy Pear website for some dessert ideas. I'd rather spend 10 points in my day on something like that than fill up on things with loads of extra sugar and sweeteners. Agh, damn, I love food. I will let you know if I find anything amazing.

• Advertisement

Natmus wrote: »

Hi Natmus, Forget about the last three weeks and go and enjoy your weekend and start again on Monday. We all go through weeks like this where we go up and down and get out of the good routine. You have been doing so well so don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy your weekend and make the right choices where you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm going through a really difficult personal time at the moment. Everything is all over the place for me. I haven't had an appetite all week really until today. Monday to yesterday, I only ate one meal a day, and could barely eat it at that. It seems that today my appetite is back with a vengeance though. I haven't even been thinking about WW. I had an apple danish for breakfast, a sausage roll and pasta salad for lunch, and I'm having friends over for dinner and wine later, and two people are bringing desserts. I just don't really care about anything at the moment, so it's hard to care about WW. I think this weekend is going to be difficult. I just want to mope around the house, and I know that will involve eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I'm going through a really difficult personal time at the moment. Everything is all over the place for me. I haven't had an appetite all week really until today. Monday to yesterday, I only ate one meal a day, and could barely eat it at that. It seems that today my appetite is back with a vengeance though. I haven't even been thinking about WW. I had an apple danish for breakfast, a sausage roll and pasta salad for lunch, and I'm having friends over for dinner and wine later, and two people are bringing desserts. I just don't really care about anything at the moment, so it's hard to care about WW. I think this weekend is going to be difficult. I just want to mope around the house, and I know that will involve eating.

Just look after yourself for the moment ibarelycare! We all go through tough times and sometimes ww just has to take a back seat for a little while.
    You've done so well so far, and ww is always going to be here for when you're feeling up to it!
    Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time :(

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time at the moment. Like Jubella said just take care of yourself and let weight watchers take a back seat. We will be here when you want to start again. Take care xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

metime wrote: »
    Also - raging I bought a box of WW Toffee bars at the meeting last week - i'm milling into them and it's only because they're there. I find myself just not thinking about them and mindlessly throwing away points when not necessary. It's just too easy when they're here in the house. No point in me giving up Caupp to throw the points away on these! I want to find a sweet treat that is filling, wholesome, has no sweeteners and additives in it. Is that possible ;-( Hm. Perhaps some kind of frozen banana / coconut milk / cocoa / 72% chocolate concoction. Or maybe i will look at the Happy Pear website for some dessert ideas. I'd rather spend 10 points in my day on something like that than fill up on things with loads of extra sugar and sweeteners. Agh, damn, I love food. I will let you know if I find anything amazing.

I love those bars too! Just a heads up that if you do want some in the house Tesco value range do caramel wafer bars that are the same number of pp but only 95c for five. So much cheaper than the bars in class and they're quite nice!

As for more wholesome sweets things maybe you could make your own low point muffins with fruit etc in them? At least you know what's in those

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm up 2 today and I'm really disappointed. I took the week off and I expected to sts or be up 1 but not two. It's making me think I'll never be able to relax even after I get to goal.

Strangely, I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow... I'm back in the zone where I'm excited to see any downward movement! Hoping to be down 1.5 tomorrow. My next goal is 10% and that's 3.5 lbs away so I'm hoping to get to that by next week :)

I've started planning out my main meals every day, which is useful because before I might have had a big enough breakfast and lunch, and been planning something nice for dinner only to realise I didn't have enough points for what I wanted. Now I've been trying to match a higher pp dinner with a lower pp breakfast and vice versa.

Have hurt my toe so I'm easing off on the walking a bit. Was only able to do half of my usual walk yesterday and I had to turn back. This is going on for about three weeks now so I think it's time I pay a visit to my doctor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Mind yourself purple pawprints! Plenty of exercise you can do without hurting your toe again. You don't want to do any long term damage.

Well done Jubella! I really need to get back on track. Cutting out all the snacks really needs to be step one for me.

• Advertisement

I'm the exact same keesa, I'd easily spend 12 pp a day on snacking if I'm not careful! I don't even be hungry, it's such a bad habit.

Advertisement