Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah true. Any tips? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Yeah true. Any tips? :)

It might be best to have a chat to your doc before deciding-just in case you should rest up for a wee while. You'd hate it if you did more damage and couldn't walk then for ages!

I'm having an absolutely terrible week food wise. Really need to cop on, I've eaten so much and I'm so tired of all the crap. Going to make soup tomorrow for the week-it always helps to get me on track.

Also, I'm thinking of getting a juicer for Christmas. I really love fresh apple juice, carrot juice, pear juice etc, and it would be great to have it as a different breakfast a few mornings a week. The jury seems to be out on the benefits of juicing-some rave about it, others aren't so keen. For me, I just think juice is yum. Question though, would you point juice or not? A previous leader said she didn't, but I'm Not sure if that's right...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Juice is 1 point per 100mls I think, not sure if it varies per fruit or not

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hi all! Still no cauppachinos here, delighted. Have cut down on tea too. I find it makes me want less sweet things, which is always a plus. I guess it also helps that theres none left in the house cuz i feckin ate them all but anyway! Thanks for the tip on the tesco bars, its great to know that they are available and esp cuz so much cheaper (think i paid over 3 euro for the WW ones! scandalous) - though I know I will just munch them all in 2 days if I get the packet so think I will hold off for the moment. Thanks though :-)

Just my two cents for the last couple of days - one thing I have found that helped LOADS so far this week for me was tracking absolutely everything - like absolutely everything. Even the no points things, and how much water i've been drinking. I then keep 2 mini highlighters beside my tracker (Got them in lidl about 2 years ago but i'm pretty sure they have them in pound shops and Tesco etc) - one is green and one is pink. Anything that is fab and spot on and low points and is a good positive choice I will highlight in green. Anything that I am not too happy about, could do better on or is just unnecessary I will highlight in pink.I do this as i'm eating it or about to eat it or have just eaten it. Even if I do not change my pattern for that day I can at least see a visual ratio of green vs pink for each day. For example my peanut butter entries are marked mostly green but with a bit of pink as I only noticed upon pointing that it has palm sugar in it, which is unnecessary. It is probably adding a point or two every few teaspoons and also is just unnecessary sugar. The pink will remind me to get a replacement with no added sugar, thus improving my food intake slowly but surely - hopefully in all aspects. Today, with a mostly green day I have noticed a huge difference in my energy and mood and it is making me want to continue to get more green in there.
    It also made me say 'woah' out loud, on Thursday and Friday (I WI on Wed) to see the reality of what I was eating, with what I thought I was eating. A lottttttt of pinks!

:o I've also been watching Extreme makeover weightloss edition (it's on youtube), I caught one episode of I used to be fat on Mtv (a happY accident), and have been in the background putting on videos about breaking sugar addiction and the benefits of eating more fruit and veg etc etc. Hoping it will all sink in / brainwash me / cut a few weeks off my goal journey :-) Over 4 stone to lose, LETS DO THIS!

Planning planning planning.
    Best of luck to all!

Felt good today - excited.
    I re-started couch to 5k this evening and am delighted I did so. Got a cycle in too, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was not wrecked upon arrival at my destination. Another mini victory.

I am enjoying just saying no to **** food, knowing that it is an amazing thing to do for myself and my happiness becauSE I know it's what I need to do to be happy.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    As for more wholesome sweets things maybe you could make your own low point muffins with fruit etc in them? At least you know what's in those

Oooooh, these would be a nice treat. I wonder would they freeze? That way I could defrost just ONE every 4th day or whenever I decided to have one - because i'm terrible for when I know somethings there I just eat it all until it's gone, it's such a bad habit of mine. I'd say muffins are freezable. Blueberry ones would be fab. Oooh, maybe even with some added vanilla protein. Ohhh and this has just reminded me of avocas pear and vanilla scones...maybe I could do pear vanilla protein muffins...omggggggggggg hahah THanks :-D:-D

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    Strangely, I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow... I'm back in the zone where I'm excited to see any downward movement! Hoping to be down 1.5 tomorrow. My next goal is 10% and that's 3.5 lbs away so I'm hoping to get to that by next week :)

I've started planning out my main meals every day, which is useful because before I might have had a big enough breakfast and lunch, and been planning something nice for dinner only to realise I didn't have enough points for what I wanted. Now I've been trying to match a higher pp dinner with a lower pp breakfast and vice versa.

That is so exciting that you are near your 10% goal! I am so jealous - I am months off mine, so well done on all the work there - you have made me think forward to the time when I will be one week of my 10% goal and it is just so hard to even comprehend right now for me - it makes me very excited about all the change and new things that will happen between now and then! have you been doing WW long?

I find planning essential to this too - I know that for me personally I would be totally winging it and not getting the results I wanted if I didn't make the time to plan. I know i'm only back on it a week and a half but really I just think there'd be no point paying for it if I didn't make the time to plan so I just have to really.

I was also experiencing the dinner / breakfast problem and it was good to read that you were too and are trying to adjust it to suit the plan. It is nice to come on here and see that someone else is just..doing the same, really! After experiencing the same issue this week I had my lowest point breakfast today and it just made such a difference. Getting in at 5pm with over 20 points left was just unbelievable to me and definitely felt like a success as a result of planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mess2asuccess

Also, I'm thinking of getting a juicer for Christmas. I really love fresh apple juice, carrot juice, pear juice etc, and it would be great to have it as a different breakfast a few mornings a week. The jury seems to be out on the benefits of juicing-some rave about it, others aren't so keen. For me, I just think juice is yum. Question though, would you point juice or not? A previous leader said she didn't, but I'm Not sure if that's right...

When I did WW ages ago I used to juice. For me it was brilliant and definitely helped with my weight loss. I used to make a juice in the evening and I found when I did this it satisfied my sweet tooth and I didn't snack in the evenings! The way I used to point it was if the juice was primarily fruits I would point it at 1pp per 100ml. If the juice was primarily veg I would classify it as zero points. I'm not sure if this is correct but when I did this I still lost shed loads of weight. The main reason I pointed the veg juice as free was because there was less sugar and the veg juices can be a bit more difficult to take so it gave me an incentive to take them.

I've planned to juice over Christmas when I'm home as that's where my juicer is. It'll help me avoid late night snacking on sweets I hope!

My weigh in was this morning. I sts. Was disappointed as this was my first week back on WW and I had hoped to lose 2lbs. However when I weighed myself midweek I was up 3 lbs so in a way I'm glad I sts. I would have been devastated to be up after tracking so religiously this week. Exercising was pretty much non-existent for me this week so I'm going to try and improve that. Also I'm moving my WI day to Thursday. Monday mornings are depressing enough without the fear of WI ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

metime wrote: »
    Oooooh, these would be a nice treat. I wonder would they freeze? That way I could defrost just ONE every 4th day or whenever I decided to have one - because i'm terrible for when I know somethings there I just eat it all until it's gone, it's such a bad habit of mine. I'd say muffins are freezable. Blueberry ones would be fab. Oooh, maybe even with some added vanilla protein. Ohhh and this has just reminded me of avocas pear and vanilla scones...maybe I could do pear vanilla protein muffins...omggggggggggg hahah THanks :-D:-D

I often freeze muffins and they're grand, not as nice as fresh but still.. There's loads of recipes online for low fat muffins (banana and things). A lot of the American recipes ask for low fat apple sauce which I haven't going anywhere yet though. WW has recipes for them too

Also, have you tried the muller low fat chocolate desserts? They come in white or milk choc and are only 2pp per pot. They're delicious but might be good to bake in things. I'd need to experiment to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

metime wrote: »
    That is so exciting that you are near your 10% goal! I am so jealous - I am months off mine, so well done on all the work there - you have made me think forward to the time when I will be one week of my 10% goal and it is just so hard to even comprehend right now for me - it makes me very excited about all the change and new things that will happen between now and then! have you been doing WW long?

I find planning essential to this too - I know that for me personally I would be totally winging it and not getting the results I wanted if I didn't make the time to plan. I know i'm only back on it a week and a half but really I just think there'd be no point paying for it if I didn't make the time to plan so I just have to really.

I was also experiencing the dinner / breakfast problem and it was good to read that you were too and are trying to adjust it to suit the plan. It is nice to come on here and see that someone else is just..doing the same, really! After experiencing the same issue this week I had my lowest point breakfast today and it just made such a difference. Getting in at 5pm with over 20 points left was just unbelievable to me and definitely felt like a success as a result of planning.

I've been doing it for about 7 weeks now! What I do is focus on whatever goal is nearest, whether it's the next silver 7 or a milestone like 5 or 10%!
    Good to hear the planning is working well for you too, it has definitely helped me out a lot over the last few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi all, well I have had a disaster of a weekend! Have exams coming up so was feeling sorry for myself. Had a chipper and all so expecting weigh in thursday to be a disaster. Annoyed at myself as I got my 10% last week and only 1.5lbs away from getting my third silver 7. But just going to be as good as I can this week to make up for it. Damage limitation! Here goes nothing!!!

• Advertisement

granniecaz wrote: »
    Hi all, well I have had a disaster of a weekend! Have exams coming up so was feeling sorry for myself. Had a chipper and all so expecting weigh in thursday to be a disaster. Annoyed at myself as I got my 10% last week and only 1.5lbs away from getting my third silver 7. But just going to be as good as I can this week to make up for it. Damage limitation! Here goes nothing!!!

One bad meal isn't the end of the world! Your attitude is right. Forget about it and do your best over the rest of the week. I remember when I had to study for exams, my diet would become atrocious! Once you keep some kind of check of your diet it should be fine. Best of luck in the exams!

When I did WW ages ago I used to juice. For me it was brilliant and definitely helped with my weight loss. I used to make a juice in the evening and I found when I did this it satisfied my sweet tooth and I didn't snack in the evenings! The way I used to point it was if the juice was primarily fruits I would point it at 1pp per 100ml. If the juice was primarily veg I would classify it as zero points. I'm not sure if this is correct but when I did this I still lost shed loads of weight. The main reason I pointed the veg juice as free was because there was less sugar and the veg juices can be a bit more difficult to take so it gave me an incentive to take them.

I've planned to juice over Christmas when I'm home as that's where my juicer is. It'll help me avoid late night snacking on sweets I hope!

My weigh in was this morning. I sts. Was disappointed as this was my first week back on WW and I had hoped to lose 2lbs. However when I weighed myself midweek I was up 3 lbs so in a way I'm glad I sts. I would have been devastated to be up after tracking so religiously this week. Exercising was pretty much non-existent for me this week so I'm going to try and improve that. Also I'm moving my WI day to Thursday. Monday mornings are depressing enough without the fear of WI ;)

Sounds a very sensible way of looking at it! I think I'll give it a go, I feel I need to change up my diet a bit to get these last two and a half lbs off. Juice, just as a different brekkie or snack might rejig the system a bit.

Weigh in Wednesday morning - bricking it after a birthday week of eating, drinking and no exercise. I may be very disappointed :-(

Sounds a very sensible way of looking at it! I think I'll give it a go, I feel I need to change up my diet a bit to get these last two and a half lbs off. Juice, just as a different brekkie or snack might rejig the system a bit.

Weigh in Wednesday morning - bricking it after a birthday week of eating, drinking and no exercise. I may be very disappointed :-(

I had some nice juice recipes. I'll try and unearth a few for you. Seriously some were nicer then bars of chocolate :D And I love my chocolate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I had a bad weekend, with a couple of glasses of wine and a bunch of homemade cookies (must remember to halve the recipes!) although i tried to make up for it with soup and salad lunches.

I did go down on the scales though by 1.5lb, so have reached my 5% goal (yay!) and I'm almost a stone down since starting weightwatchers.

Need to come on here a bit more to be inspired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Down 2 this week, better than expected :)
    1.5lbs to 10% now and 2.5lbs to my next silver 7.. Can't complain with that :)

I'm being really strict this week after a disappointing month but I'm graduating tomorrow so hopefully I won't do too much damage

jubella wrote: »
    Down 2 this week, better than expected :)
    1.5lbs to 10% now and 2.5lbs to my next silver 7.. Can't complain with that :)

That's fantastic!! Well done!

keesa wrote: »
    I'm being really strict this week after a disappointing month but I'm graduating tomorrow so hopefully I won't do too much damage

Enjoy your graduation - you are very close to goal and if your weight is starting to stabilise, that probably just shows that you are where you need to be! Graduation is a really special occasion, a celebration of huge work and achievement, so be sure and enjoy yourself. Maybe if you're heading out for dinner somewhere, have a quick gander at the menu in advance so you can plan what you're going to have (I always find if I don't do this, I'm basically ordering chips, mash and bread for dinner - a bit of planning and I can make sure I know what is good in advance).

Jubella - that's a great loss, congratuations! You're doing so well!

Kash wrote: »
    I had a bad weekend, with a couple of glasses of wine and a bunch of homemade cookies (must remember to halve the recipes!) although i tried to make up for it with soup and salad lunches.

I did go down on the scales though by 1.5lb, so have reached my 5% goal (yay!) and I'm almost a stone down since starting weightwatchers.

Need to come on here a bit more to be inspired!

a stone loss, that's fantastic! i'm still aiming for my first silver 7. Weigh in tomorrow - eeek!

Haven't stayed for my meeting for the past 2 weeks and I haven't done well. I'll be staying tomorrow for definite. I need to get my ar*e back in gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cork044

im stuck big time. been doing everything right and dropping so little if anything atall. I have about 13 lbs to go to my goal. any one have any tips?
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

So far so good! After my 3 weeks of eating crap and drinking like a fish, I got back on track on Monday. Did a healthy food shop, I'm tracking, drinking the water & excercising - yes I know it's only really been 2 & a bit days but I feel so much better!!!! Got running class this evening & actually looking forward to it! While I don't think I'll be down the 5lbs I put up, at least I'll be heading in the right direction.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

cork044 wrote: »
    im stuck big time. been doing everything right and dropping so little if anything atall. I have about 13 lbs to go to my goal. any one have any tips?
    thanks.

The last time I did WW and was near my goal, I totally plateaued and I was so dissappointed. My leader told me to do two things. First, change up my food a bit. I was eating the same food all the time. Introducing new foods and staying within my points was a definite help. Second, she said for me to do a different type of exercise. I had just been walking at the time. I started to do boxercise classes and the weight came off quickly and I reached my goal. Maybe try something similar. I was still eating the same points and exercising for the same period of time. I was just doing something slightly different.

So, after two weeks of eating, drinking, lazing around and not tracking, celebrating my birthday and being a big lush...

I was up two pounds. 4.5lbs from goal again - will I EVER make it!

Lost the 2lbs I put up last week. Back on track! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Natmus wrote: »
    Got running class this evening & actually looking forward to it!

I'm intrigued by this.

Running class? As in cross country?

I've often wondered where these classes were as I love running :)

Well! I was -2.5lb at this mornings WI. :D:D:D This is my second week, with a total loss of 5.5lbs. I am hoping to get my first silver 7 at next weeks meeting. That would mean i'm going for a minimum loss of 1.5lb this week, but am hoping for more. My tail bone seems to be less delicate today so am hoping to get back to hot yoga a couple of times this week, which should help.

I found this video great- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjhmddDPRw
    It is visual demonstrations of what 1lb and 5lb of fat is. I am smiling thinking of the 5.5lbs i've lost and imagining myself shrinking. :D I found it great to actually see the amount.

Congratulations to all on the losses here and for those who got back on track. Lets do this !!!

Sweet treat deliciousness alert my WW loves..the new Liberté yoghurts with the blueberry base (2pp), with 4 straberries crammed into the top of the yoghurt pot. Divine for 2pp. Oh and just for clarities sake, the 2pp one is the small snap pack that comes in a cardboard wrap, there's 4 in it.

Thought I would share just in case anyone is doing the shopping 2m :-)

First time someone noticed and said something positive about my weight loss :D

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    First time someone noticed and said something positive about my weight loss :D

Congratulations on Graduating today by the way - well done! :)

Advertisement