Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

keesa wrote: »
    First time someone noticed and said something positive about my weight loss :D

Best feeling!
    I can't wait to see someone I haven't seen in a while now, just to see if they notice straight away. It's easy for friends & family to say they can see it working as they know I'm trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by this.

Running class? As in cross country?

I've often wondered where these classes were as I love running :)

No not cross country. Just a group that meets every Wednesday. He had us running 8k tonight, part jogging part sprinting and one very big hill. :eek: Felt great after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mess2asuccess

Well I changed my WI to a Thursday. So this morning I was down half a pound since Monday. Was very happy with that. Tonight is my work's Christmas party so I'm sure that half pound will be found back on my body pretty soon but it's the only Christmas party I have this year so I'm not worrying too much about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Yay for the losses!

I was very bad yesterday! We went to the cinema and I ate so much popcorn and a bag of pick and mix! Didn't even bother trying to point it, I'm too scared.
    It was my own fault, I missed dinner and then was starving by the time I got there :(

Does anyone have any tips for making exercise part of your routine? I'm fine once i start, but I'm no good for getting off my bum to start in the first place;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Had my first weigh in since coming back on Tues , down 5lbs in week one sooooo delighted!!
    Back to the grind tho! I invested in a food flask in argos to bring a hot (low point) lunch to work as we've no microwave and its changed my life!! I'm so glad I came back, feeling really motivated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mess2asuccess

Had my first weigh in since coming back on Tues , down 5lbs in week one sooooo delighted!!
    Back to the grind tho! I invested in a food flask in argos to bring a hot (low point) lunch to work as we've no microwave and its changed my life!! I'm so glad I came back, feeling really motivated!

I'm thinking about buying one of those flasks in the new year as I love a warm meal in the middle of the day. Let me know how you get on over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Getting some temporary work starting next week. Thought I was going to have to miss WW but I may be able to work around it and go to a late/early meeting depending on the shift I'm going to be working each week :D

I was going to treat myself to a take away tonight... I have the points in my weeklies for it.
    I'm still afraid that it'll affect the scales though! Has anyone ever treated themselves like that (within their points) and still got an ok result that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

jubella wrote: »
    I was going to treat myself to a take away tonight... I have the points in my weeklies for it.
    I'm still afraid that it'll affect the scales though! Has anyone ever treated themselves like that (within their points) and still got an ok result that week?

I got to goal this week! I still can't quite believe it, it's such a great feeling :) I've said it before here, but I ate every single daily propoint, and EVERY weekly propoint, every week of my weight loss, and it never affected the scales. If you're within your points, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's really playing on your mind though, get some extra exercise in before you WI.

Recently I've started ordering just the main part of the takeaway (eg, the curry or the black bean) and then making my own cauliflower rice at home to have with it, instead of real rice. This definitely cuts down on the guilt of a chinese for me!

I got to goal this week! I still can't quite believe it, it's such a great feeling :) I've said it before here, but I ate every single daily propoint, and EVERY weekly propoint, every week of my weight loss, and it never affected the scales. If you're within your points, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's really playing on your mind though, get some extra exercise in before you WI.

Recently I've started ordering just the main part of the takeaway (eg, the curry or the black bean) and then making my own cauliflower rice at home to have with it, instead of real rice. This definitely cuts down on the guilt of a chinese for me!

Congratulations on getting to goal, that's amazing!!

I usually use (read: drink :P ) every single point, and I don't know why but I just have it in my head that using the points on a chinese rather than drinking the points is going to be worse.. I'm being silly I know!
    Great tip about exercise though - I think I'll just treat myself tonight, and get in some good exercise over the weekend. If I don't get a good result at my WI on Monday, I'll take that as a once off - One takeaway in 2 months isn't going to kill me :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations on getting to goal, that's amazing!!

Thank you! I have another little bit to go to my own personal goal, but getting to this stage, with a healthy BMI and everything, feels amazing. It made all the hard work worth it!
    One takeaway in 2 months isn't going to kill me :)

And I definitely agree! Life is for LIVING, not feeling deprived. Have the takeaway, and enjoy it, and then just be sensible, and be good for the few days afterwards. WW needs to teach us healthy habits for life, like balance, and not just make us switch to low-fat foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Omg i feel like i've been hit by a tonne of bricks today. I was doing really well and buzzy about the whole thing and eating lots of good healthy food then my mum came home with some cadburys biscuits and a wonka bar. I refused the wonka bar and put the cadburys biscuits away for herself and my dad. Next think I know i've had 6 of the biscuits,:confused::confused::confused: that's 12 points. The points aren't the problem, it's I feel like i've been just punched in the face with stupidness, literally I feel like i'm tired and slow and sluggish after them and it is really getting me down right now. I have absolutely no energy. I was doing so well and I don't know why I even ate them, and i'm also a bit annoyed at my mum for not supporting me and consistently bringing me home things that I do not want to eat right now, no matter how much I say it to her.
    I need to not pay attention to the sweet things she brings home. It just annoys me to watch my parents mindlessly eat it all knowing how many points are in them. For example a packet of 6mince pies at 7pp each disappeared in about half an hour here the other night, that's between two people. Getting really fed up with this feel like I am on my own here. :(
    I find myself relying on this thread, posts both old and new, and my meeting for support. ....lol, Finding it a bit tough today as you may be able to tell.

I have excercise class tonight and don't feel like going at all now, I just want to get back into bed. I also didn't do something I was supposed to and that has a knock on effect. What the hell is up with me today!!??
    I am still within points but it is just so annoying to have slipped up like that and to actually not even have enjoyed it to but feel worse for it. Like a double kick in the face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

metime wrote: »
    Omg i feel like i've been hit by a tonne of bricks today. I was doing really well and buzzy about the whole thing and eating lots of good healthy food then my mum came home with some cadburys biscuits and a wonka bar. I refused the wonka bar and put the cadburys biscuits away for herself and my dad. Next think I know i've had 6 of the biscuits,:confused::confused::confused: that's 12 points. The points aren't the problem, it's I feel like i've been just punched in the face with stupidness, literally I feel like i'm tired and slow and sluggish after them and it is really getting me down right now. I have absolutely no energy. I was doing so well and I don't know why I even ate them, and i'm also a bit annoyed at my mum for not supporting me and consistently bringing me home things that I do not want to eat right now, no matter how much I say it to her.
    I need to not pay attention to the sweet things she brings home. It just annoys me to watch my parents mindlessly eat it all knowing how many points are in them. For example a packet of 6mince pies at 7pp each disappeared in about half an hour here the other night, that's between two people. Getting really fed up with this feel like I am on my own here. :(
    I find myself relying on this thread, posts both old and new, and my meeting for support. ....lol, Finding it a bit tough today as you may be able to tell.

I have excercise class tonight and don't feel like going at all now, I just want to get back into bed. I also didn't do something I was supposed to and that has a knock on effect. What the hell is up with me today!!??
    I am still within points but it is just so annoying to have slipped up like that and to actually not even have enjoyed it to but feel worse for it. Like a double kick in the face!

Don't worry about the biscuits, just include them in your weeklies and forget about them.

Also, don't concern yourself with what your parents eat. You can only control your own food, your parents make their own choices.

Don't panic we all have the six biscuits moments (or the whole pack in my case!). Just don't let it set you back.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 smileybee

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me. I've built up a good few weeks on my weightwatchers card (i.e. by buying the 7 for 5 offers etc). It will be a good while before I can go to another class, for various weeks. I know that when I go back, I'll have to pay the rejoin fee but does anyone know if the prepay weeks "expire" after any set time? Could I end up losing the prepay weeks if I don't go to class for a while?

thank you Sittingpretty! I turned it around, :) thank feck. Was worried was gonna slip there! I pointed the biccies, realised I didn't enjoy them and to be stronger; and mose importantly to leave my parents to it. If they want to stuff their faces that's their buzz. Thanks!

So I went and did my excercise (a bit more than was planned, too) and enjoyed it very much then went shopping for ingredients for skinny protein muffins. Hoping to make them this weekend. Skinny vanilla protein powder muffins with blueberries in...:pac::pac:. Very excited to try them. Planning on having them with fruit salads and Greek Yoghurt for super filling, low sugar baked breakfast treats or random nice nibbles (instead of a wonka bar or similar!) The recipe I found uses applesauce and egg whites so is a healthier version than just a regular muffin. The recipe says 3pp per muffin and they sound incredibly worth it. I am dreaming of the amazing 5pp breakfast they could be a part of lol

So despite todays biscuit binge, I am within my pro points allowance - delighted to be, and have learned to relax a bit; all is not lost! :-) Thanks again, fellow WWers :-)

P.S:
    I made this WW Veggie Shepards Pie last night and thought it was yum - esp with the cold weather! Very filling and satisfying-
    http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=7087422&sc=11

Hope you are all getting on well this week - WI on Wed for me, need to get far more water in my days..

Kash wrote: »
    Yay for the losses!
    Does anyone have any tips for making exercise part of your routine? I'm fine once i start, but I'm no good for getting off my bum to start in the first place;)

After trying to balance my budget and mounting travel costs, I decided to get a bike - and I have not looked back since. It has literally saved me hundreds of euro so far in dart, bus and luas fares- and I find myself often treating myself to nicer versions of things as i have saved the difference on travel cost. I don't know if that's an option for you but thought it worth mentioning - it works well for me anyway.

I also tend to cycle to get my shopping, which means it happens in 'lots'. This tends to save me money too as well as of course, getting the heart rate going, the blood pumping, the legs toned, and all that healthy jazz!

Had my chinese tonight and enjoyed every bit of it! Still haven't even used up all my weeklies yet either.
    Had an urge to have lots of sweet treats while watching the toy show as I've always done that, but I'm glad I held off this year... I can go to my WI on Monday guilt free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Was up 1lb this week and am a bit disappointed but am on steroids and feeling very tired and sluggish so hopefully will be back on track next week. Congrats on all the great losses and good luck for all the weigh ins to come.

Eatwatchdress congratulations on reaching your goal.:)

Onwards and Downwards!

smileybee wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me. I've built up a good few weeks on my weightwatchers card (i.e. by buying the 7 for 5 offers etc). It will be a good while before I can go to another class, for various weeks. I know that when I go back, I'll have to pay the rejoin fee but does anyone know if the prepay weeks "expire" after any set time? Could I end up losing the prepay weeks if I don't go to class for a while?

Hi smileybee, I asked my weight watchers leader about this and she said that they don't expire. She said it was one of the concerns that leaders had when they were bringing the prepay in and that is what they were told. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 smileybee

Thanks honeygirl! I appreciate the advice - I just know I won't get to my normal class for a while and I don't like the leaders at the only alternative class so I tend not to stick around for the talk. It ends up being an expensive weigh in if I don't stick around. Now I just need to hope that I stick to the plan while I'm away from the class....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

First time posting here. I was just wondering if there are people who have went from old points to ppro points & kept up their weight loss? I lost a few stone on the old system a few yrs ago. Then I had my children & had a few stone to lose again. Tried pro points twice but had no success so gave up. Anyway, I decided to go back & give it another go. This is my 2nd week. First weigh in & I sts which was disappointing esp for week 1. This week I have 2 days until weigh in & my own scales are still the same so I done something tonight. I got my tracker & worked out a days worth of pro points into old points. I have 27 pro points a day, I would have 20 old points. My tracker for yesterday in old points works out at 23 old points & 27 pro points ... So could this be the answer why the new system is slow to work for me? Has anyone else found this? I'll see how my weigh in goes this week but I'm thinking of using my old points but still go to the meetings etc because I really like the group support :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    First time posting here. I was just wondering if there are people who have went from old points to ppro points & kept up their weight loss? I lost a few stone on the old system a few yrs ago. Then I had my children & had a few stone to lose again. Tried pro points twice but had no success so gave up. Anyway, I decided to go back & give it another go. This is my 2nd week. First weigh in & I sts which was disappointing esp for week 1. This week I have 2 days until weigh in & my own scales are still the same so I done something tonight. I got my tracker & worked out a days worth of pro points into old points. I have 27 pro points a day, I would have 20 old points. My tracker for yesterday in old points works out at 23 old points & 27 pro points ... So could this be the answer why the new system is slow to work for me? Has anyone else found this? I'll see how my weigh in goes this week but I'm thinking of using my old points but still go to the meetings etc because I really like the group support :-)
    WhiteTiger My advice is to switch completely to the new propoints. Your head will be wrecked trying to convert between the two systems especially if you go to meetings and the talk is about the new system. My advice is to spend time learning the new. It does take time to get used to and will easily take a few weeks. After a while, I preferred the new - after I stopped thinking about both. Keep at it, it works!!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Eatwatchdress congratulations on reaching your goal.:)

Thanks honeygirl! I've another 11lb to go to my own goal, so I'm going to focus on maintaining this current goal over Christmas, then get those next 11lb off in the new year. I hope to become a leader too, so fingers crossed! :p

smileybee wrote: »
    Thanks honeygirl! I appreciate the advice - I just know I won't get to my normal class for a while and I don't like the leaders at the only alternative class so I tend not to stick around for the talk. It ends up being an expensive weigh in if I don't stick around. Now I just need to hope that I stick to the plan while I'm away from the class....

Hi Smileybee, When you can't make class keep coming on here the posters are great for keeping you motivated and that will help you stick to the plan. Good luck:)
    WhiteTiger wrote: »

Hi WhiteTiger, I was the same as you in that I lost my weight years ago on the old system and kept it off for a while. I also found it hard to switch over to propoints and I started and failed a few times, and like yourself I was going between the new propoints system and the old points.. You are better off swithching over to propoints and sticking to it because it will eventually work. I have lost over two stone this time using the propoints so just keep at it. Good luck on your journey.:)

Thanks honeygirl! I've another 11lb to go to my own goal, so I'm going to focus on maintaining this current goal over Christmas, then get those next 11lb off in the new year. I hope to become a leader too, so fingers crossed! :p

Good luck with your personal goal and with becoming a leader, I would like to become a leader eventually too but have another 17 pounds to get back within my goal weight.:)

I was so busy today and had to miss my meeting. Going to go to one on Wednesday morning instead. Hopefully going to be starting work in the evenings over xmas next week too so I'll be sticking with the Wednesday morning class for December. Does anyone know when meetings usually finish up for xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Hi Smileybee, When you can't make class keep coming on here the posters are great for keeping you motivated and that will help you stick to the plan. Good luck:)

Hi WhiteTiger, I was the same as you in that I lost my weight years ago on the old system and kept it off for a while. I also found it hard to switch over to propoints and I started and failed a few times, and like yourself I was going between the new propoints system and the old points.. You are better off swithching over to propoints and sticking to it because it will eventually work. I have lost over two stone this time using the propoints so just keep at it. Good luck on your journey.:)
    Thanks for the advice & fair play to you. My leader has ordered a pro points calculator which hopefully will be there for me tomorrow. I was finding it very hard to work out propoints from just my starter folder & I dont have a phone thats good with apps so I was really stuck & had loads of blanks on my tracker. So there'll be no excuses with the calculator. I have 4 stone to lose but have finally accepted that its going to take me a year at least so praying for at least 1lb loss tomorrow :)

I was so busy today and had to miss my meeting. Going to go to one on Wednesday morning instead. Hopefully going to be starting work in the evenings over xmas next week too so I'll be sticking with the Wednesday morning class for December. Does anyone know when meetings usually finish up for xmas?

Hi Jubella, My last meeting before christmas is Thursday the 19th December. Not sure about other meetings but I would figure that they all finish up that week.

Hi Jubella, My last meeting before christmas is Thursday the 19th December. Not sure about other meetings but I would figure that they all finish up that week.

Thanks a mil, I'll ask at the meeting tomorrow to make sure, just wanted to plan my weeks out before xmas! :)

• Advertisement

I am having a really hungry day today and I have to say that I have found the last two weeks really hard. I seem to be in a bit of a slump:confused: hopefully I come out of it and get back on track soon.

Advertisement