Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Day 6, under my dailies 10 points in total, used 7 weeklies... Just 2 more days til I can (hopefully) treat myself after WI...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all.

Well I had an ok weekend food-wise but drink-wise ... hmmm that's another story.
    Saturday night in Westport was buzzing so what can you do?

Will have to be super good this week but I'm feeling a little under the weather. I guess it's the time of year for it. :rolleyes:

5K run tomorrow and at this stage I would rather curl up in bed!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I am intrigued by your oat brad idea though. I also am not mad on porridge - I used to love it but I cant seem to stomach it any more at all. Can you cook it in the microwave? Have you tried it with anything other than banana and cinnamon (dont like warm banana or banana flavour, just under-ripe uncooked banana - im a bit weird)

You can add anything you like to it. It's like porridge in that way. I have found my favourite though so I haven't deviated! I don't think it can be microwaved. I'm not sure though, to be honest, I don't own a microwave so I've never even thought about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

molly09 wrote: »
    would anyone know how many pp are in the individual uncle bens boil in the bag brown long grain rice bags

thanks in advance

the white rice is in a 62.5g bag and it is 6pp but Im nearly sure the brown bag only comes in 125g portions and it is 12 pp.

I dont drink only about 4 times a year for occasions like weddings, birthdays that sort of thing. BUT this was one of those weekends and lord did i drink and worse because i was so dying yesterday i ate all around me so i have 4 days of serious detox to try and reduce the damage, had a really great night though and thats the main thing right :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Happy Monday everyone. Ive just added a new post for a casserole of Liver, onions and spice burgers. Strange i know but it really is tasty. I hope you all have a great week. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-casserole.html

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Ok so I dont write here much but I always follow. Just back from my wi.. Down 4lb absolutely delighted. After a whole summer of beinh up and down Im finally back on track this week :) Tracked absolutely everything and ate very sensably.. I want to keep this up so that I am back to my weight that I was at the start of the summer but I am afraid I will get side tracked! Has anyone got any tips on how to stay motivated and on track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Wow well done that's brilliant! You must feel great and deservedly so :) I find coming on here and seeing how people are getting on is great motivation, as well as reading some of the blogs and recipes. I struggled over the summer as well, found it harder than I thought. Very down a week or two ago thinking of where I thought i would be right now compared to where I am, but back on track now and that's all that matters! Its hard to stay motivated isnt it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Have totally sabotaged my week back on track... Today is my birthday, and it started with going out for dinner last pm, and continued with my friends arriving with a cake this eve... Here's hoping for a STS on wed!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi all, I got to goal of 10 st 3 in Feb this year by attending meetings locally. We were due to emigrate though in June so when i left my job i finished up the meetings vowing to maintain and pick it up when i reached Australia. Unfortunately there was a delay with my husbands work contract so now we are delayed til xmas and with all the to-ing and fro-ing i am back up to 11 stone, and was too mortified to go back to the meetings. Things just got on top of me with the move etc and i ate what i liked when i liked, as there was too much going on to worry about weight watchers, and i was a little bit fed up of all the setbacks.. Anyway i signed up online, so my first weigh in was this morning.. I was down 2.2 pounds so delighted with that. As i was used to 29 pp's now i'm on 26 and there really is no room for extras in there..Thing is now though my 5% and 10% goals are way less than last time, 5% leaves me at 10 st 6 and last time i was 3 pounds off goal at that!! Anyway, this thread was great motivation and inspiration last time, so i'm hoping ye take me back with open arms :)

• Advertisement

Down 1.5 at this weeks weigh in, DEElighted! I had a lot of pressure on me to get any sort of a loss as its my first 'normal' week (by normal I mean antibiotic/hospital-free) in 3 weeks, and I'm still outta action exercise-wise so had to be super strict with my foods. Had a MASSIVE binge last night to treat myself after WI (Eddie Rockets and the like) so I'm hoping that wont put too much of a set-back on my new week. Hoping to get out for some short walks this week so hopefully that'll help. Best of luck to everyone with this weeks WIs.

ck83 wrote: »
    Have totally sabotaged my week back on track... Today is my birthday, and it started with going out for dinner last pm, and continued with my friends arriving with a cake this eve... Here's hoping for a STS on wed!

Don't worry about it, you had a perfectly valid excuse! (Happy Birthday by the way!) As long as you started afresh the following day and perhaps did some exercise there shouldnt be too much damage done! Best of luck with WI anyway.
    LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi all, I got to goal of 10 st 3 in Feb this year by attending meetings locally. We were due to emigrate though in June so when i left my job i finished up the meetings vowing to maintain and pick it up when i reached Australia. Unfortunately there was a delay with my husbands work contract so now we are delayed til xmas and with all the to-ing and fro-ing i am back up to 11 stone, and was too mortified to go back to the meetings. Things just got on top of me with the move etc and i ate what i liked when i liked, as there was too much going on to worry about weight watchers, and i was a little bit fed up of all the setbacks.. Anyway i signed up online, so my first weigh in was this morning.. I was down 2.2 pounds so delighted with that. As i was used to 29 pp's now i'm on 26 and there really is no room for extras in there..Thing is now though my 5% and 10% goals are way less than last time, 5% leaves me at 10 st 6 and last time i was 3 pounds off goal at that!! Anyway, this thread was great motivation and inspiration last time, so i'm hoping ye take me back with open arms :)

Hi there, and welcome! I only joined WW last December but I can totally see how you could have fallen off track. The same has happened to me over the summer, I got to goal, reduced it and then put back a lot of what I'd lost some I'm 6 pounds off goal again! You'll get there, if you can do it once you can definately do it again. It'll be nice to have an experienced member like you around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I knows it's do-able, and yes I'm definitely experienced at it.. I love doing it when I get into it but I am the worlds worst when it comes to exercise!! I hate hate hate walking. I did a 25 mins walk earlier but grudgingly:( I need to get focused on my move down under though and imagine myself a stone lighter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

STS this week but kinda figured that, haven't walked from here to the garden.

I'm getting married in exactly one month and I want to shift a stone, I want to be walking up that aisle in the 13's.

Tracking like a demon, and have the next 3 weeks meals planned to a T.

Best of luck everyone! x

Down half lb this am. Delighted with that. Four more pounds and I'm back to where I was before I fell off the wagon. Six and a half more to my next silver seven... I'll get there. Went to aerobics last pm. Haven't been in about six wks. Amazing how quickly the fitness levels drop. Thought I was dying!

Down half lb this am. Delighted with that. Four more pounds and I'm back to where I was before I fell off the wagon. Six and a half more to my next silver seven... I'll get there. Went to aerobics last pm. Haven't been in about six wks. Amazing how quickly the fitness levels drop. Thought I was dying!

Well done! Its weird how a lot of us are in the same boat (trying to get back to a weight we'd been before falling off the ww wagon). Sometimes I feel like everyone at my class is gettin to their goal smoothly enough, of course i know thats not true, but it can be a bit disheartening, so to have this forum and see other people have had the same blips is great!

Was down 3lbs tonight!

Only 2lbs to my 6th stone. I'm hoping to get it in the next couple of weeks.
    Only 8.5lbs to goal too - exciting!

cosmic wrote: »
    Was down 3lbs tonight!

wow, thats a big loss well done! Any tips on gettin such a big loss?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey everyone,

Ive added a new post on some favourite frozen foods and their propoints, here's the link http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/weightwatchers-food-finds.html

I hope your all having a great week

Was down 3lbs tonight!

You are my inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was down 3lbs tonight!

You are doing fantastic girl!! Well done. You are such an inspiration :)

Was down 3lbs tonight!

WOW that is amazing what a weight loss u must feel fab well done you, such an inspiration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I stayed the same this week! Was so surprised at the time and angry. Made the mistake of bingeing after too! Need to give myself a kick up the bum. Have only lost 2lbs in the past 2 months between holidays and general lack of motivation. I need help - 16.5lbs to goal and I dont want to take a running jump off the wagon altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Was down 3lbs tonight!

You are amazing cosmic! I don't know how you do it! Can you give us all some tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Was down 3lbs tonight!

Wow well done! Fantastic stuff!

You are my inspiration!
    Monife wrote: »
    You are doing fantastic girl!! Well done. You are such an inspiration :)
    WOW that is amazing what a weight loss u must feel fab well done you, such an inspiration :)
    dammitj wrote: »
    Wow well done! Fantastic stuff!

Thanks everybody!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    wow, thats a big loss well done! Any tips on gettin such a big loss?!
    You are amazing cosmic! I don't know how you do it! Can you give us all some tips?

I'm not sure, myself, to be honest. I try my best to be very active. I am running 5km 4 times a week, cycling to and from work every day, and try to get in a walk as often as possible (no major walks - just being the one to offer to go the shop when we run out of milk and that type of thing).

I try my best to eat a few weeklies every day but it's always on healthy-ish foods. Instead of a chocolate bar with a cup of tea I'd tend to have a slice of low calorie toast with peanut butter, or low fat cream cheese on Ryvita crackerbreads. That type of thing. I'm not depriving myself of anything, I've just grown to prefer healthier treats now. If I fancy chocolate I usually have a square (15g) of 70% dark chocolate which satisfies a craving and is actually really filling. Don't get me wrong, if I fancy a Rich Toffee or a packet of Walkers Baked crisps I'll have them but I just find myself craving them less often.

Oh, I also make sure that every day I eat some healthy fats. I know they're higher in points but I know my body needs them. So I'll have some peanut butter, some cashew nuts, some olives or some avocado every day. I try to eat high protein foods throughout the day too.

I do go drinking at the weekend and the odd evening after work but I don't allow myself to over eat the following day. When I'm hungover all I want to do is eat but I know it's not a real hunger so I just don't give in to myself. I eat as if I would any other, non hungover, day. That's the only time I'm strict with myself because it's so easy to fall off the wagon on those days.

Other than that, I don't do anything special really. I just find sticking to the plan really works!

So basically you're like the perfect WW member, there's commitment and then theres that, well done you! I don't think I could be that good if I tried ha.

Thanks everybody!

Other than that, I don't do anything special really. I just find sticking to the plan really works!

Cosmic, you are doing amazing but you just hit the nail on the head, its not always easy but if you stick to the plan it really works !!! You sound like me when you talk about your weight loss even though you have lost a lot more but i have done this many times before and gave up, but for some reason this time things have just clicked and im actually enjoying the whole thing and hopefully that continues but when you feel the benefit of losing weight, how you feel, being able to shop, extra energy thats what give you the motivation to keep going.

I think what one of the people did on here is a really good thing to do if your struggling is write a list of reasons for losing weight and reasons for not losing weight and put it somewhere you can see it, might help for some motivation.

Sorry for the long post, best of luck to everyone with your wi this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Hi everyone, Im new to this thread just joined ww today. Just a brief history on me, I was in WW in 2007 before I got married lost 2 stone had 2 kids then in the following 14 months managed to get down to my pre kids weight in early 2010 and kept it off till around may of this year with the help of lots and lots of exercise was involved in a few different things. A change in circumstances then in the summer left me with virtually no time for exercise so with that my weight started to creep back up slowly but very surly! So now the kids are back in playschool 3 mornings a week so I can reclaim that time to get back into it. So mad with myself for letting it creep back on so I reckon WW is the kick up the ass I need. So here starts my journey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 nailstar

Hi everyone, well this is my first post on this thread and I started back ww last week, I had a good week food wise and tracked everything and the result was.... 5lb down, I'm thrilled and hope I can keep it up now, the 1st half stone is within arms reach and my aim is to get it next week. Best of luck to everyone for he week ahead

Advertisement