Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    According to the WW book it is 1 PP for 2 stock cubes. :)

Must have been an update then cos mine says 1pp per stock cube. Hate when that happens! I would still count the 3 stock cubes as at least 2pp to be sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

There are different values for different brands of stock cubes, so best to check!

I haven't posted in a while. I'm going through a really difficult breakup at the moment and didn't go to class last week, or this week. Sent my leader an email today to explain and she was so lovely. I'm gonna try my best to get back on track for next week. For about 5 days I was barely eating, and ever since I've been eating everything in sight, not to mention all the wine.

Anyway the last time I weighed in, I was 2 stone 1/2lb down. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm up 5 or 6 lbs. I'd be happy if, by the time we got to Christmas, I was back to being 2 stone down. Part of me was tempted to leave going back til the new year but I know it would spiral out of control then. I've worked hard and don't want to undo it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Well ladies I *think* I might be back on track. Not completely but almost there! I missed last weeks class because on saturday there was a sign on the door saying it was changed to sunday and then on sunday I dunno what happened but there was no one there and the door was closed. Maybe it was just the earlier class that moved to sunday.

Anyway, after I missed the class I went to the chemists and weighed there and I was only half a pound down, Today I missed a different class so I weighed myself in boots and it says I'm 4 down from the last wi!? I'm telling myself it's wrong, but there's always that little niggle of hope!

Tomorrows the christmas party. I'm hoping I can resist temptation and be good so I don't ruin the results on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Sorry I barely care! I didn't see your post. Take it easy on yourself, and mind yourself for a while. These things can be hard. But you'll get through it and that's more important than the weight

keesa wrote: »
    Sorry I barely care! I didn't see your post. Take it easy on yourself, and mind yourself for a while. These things can be hard. But you'll get through it and that's more important than the weight

Thank you :) x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

There are different values for different brands of stock cubes, so best to check!

I haven't posted in a while. I'm going through a really difficult breakup at the moment and didn't go to class last week, or this week. Sent my leader an email today to explain and she was so lovely. I'm gonna try my best to get back on track for next week. For about 5 days I was barely eating, and ever since I've been eating everything in sight, not to mention all the wine.

Anyway the last time I weighed in, I was 2 stone 1/2lb down. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm up 5 or 6 lbs. I'd be happy if, by the time we got to Christmas, I was back to being 2 stone down. Part of me was tempted to leave going back til the new year but I know it would spiral out of control then. I've worked hard and don't want to undo it all.

Hi Ibarelycare, Sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult breakup, but I am glad that you are back because you have worked so hard. Take care of yourself.x

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can get broghies in co. Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mommababe

I'm rejoining ww this week. Lost almost 2 stone earlier this yr but half a stone has crept back on so need to nip it now before it gets to a stone for the Xmas. Is there a good app that you could recommend for the propoints? Ivd hheard some aren't accurate so I'd prefer to know what is worth getting before as I'll pay for one if needed. Hoping to make it to a class tomorrow evening after work. Everything going to plan. Is it possible to do this on your own? Making it to a class is hard for me as work full time with 3 small kids but I think I need to be weighing in every week

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dolly2012

I weighed into tonight was first weigh in and I was up 2 and half so I need to get down to it this week big time, breakfast is a big problem for me I try bring it with me too work but it's so repitative I get sick of it and end up been bold then,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling well! Glad to hear you're getting back on track... draw a line under the last few weeks and start fresh - but also make sure to enjoy yourself for Christmas, as you definitely deserve it!

• Advertisement

dolly2012 wrote: »
    I weighed into tonight was first weigh in and I was up 2 and half so I need to get down to it this week big time, breakfast is a big problem for me I try bring it with me too work but it's so repitative I get sick of it and end up been bold then,

Hi dolly2012, you could try introducing different fruits into your breakfast to make it less repetitive and a little bit tastier & more filling.
    Other than that if you usually spend a lot of propoints on breakfast then maybe you could look at some low pp lunches & dinners to balance things out.
    Keep at it though, the plan works, you just have to make it work for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Flat tyre and I missed my meeting today....alas, the downside of cycling! I have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow. Bit anxious as adjustment in time, and the extra day meaning it is an 8 day week- expecting it will mean a smaller loss next week when back to the regular meeting. Will be good I think to experience another meeting and try a new leader and group out to see the differences, though, so all is not lost!
    Feeling good about this week, though could have done better and drank more water. Though I have tracked all week and am within allowance, I have a lower back injury and have had little to no exercise. Raging am semi out of action, really, though would be mad not to enjoy the lull while I have to..!. Anyway, will see how it goes. If injury continues I will need to make wiser choices to compensate for lack of exercise though really really hoping am OK by next week.

On a side note - food processors, anyone here have one? I'm considering as a treat and wondering if others think is worth the money!
    Homemade vegetarian Indian dinner planned tomorrow night as a treat....going to use brown rice and as a side, a ww wrap with 0pp applesauce, dessicated coconut and some sultanas for a homemade style peshwari substitute! Will cut the wrap in two, probably around 3pp per piece.... Very excited. will have a very low pp breakfast and lunch to allow for it all, as would like to have a sweet treat sometime after it. My low pp breakfasts are generally Yoghurt, fruit, and/or egg whites, water, tea..etc. Sorry for long message, purposefully thinking out loud in case can be of help to anyone. Congrats with losses all...let's do this!

jubella wrote: »
    What are people going to be doing for Christmas? Will you be giving your self a few days off, or keep pointing & tracking everything? I'd love to give myself a few days off over Christmas but I'm afraid I'll lose any motivation I had to keep going!

Planning on tracking and staying within points as I've been overweight and miserable for too long, it just doesn't feel worth it to me to set myself up for mad indulgence. I know myself and i know i will be happier for it, for sure. Would be worried i'd fall into old patterns and too lose motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

metime wrote: »
    Planning on tracking and staying within points as I've been overweight and miserable for too long, it just doesn't feel worth it to me to set myself up for mad indulgence. I know myself and i know i will be happier for it, for sure. Would be worried i'd fall into old patterns and too lose motivation.
    Ya i feel im really getting into the mindset that for the sake of a few days im not going to go off track. I have to stick to it because if i stray its really hard to get back on track, Im firmly on the wagon & planon staying here! Actually yesterday i had a big test, was shopping with my sister & mum (both size tiny) & they went to abrak*babra for food, normally I'd be joining in but I was prepared. Had a banana & an apple while waiting for my tea & then i had 2 ww choc chip cookies for 2 pp with my tea while they ate.Have no idea how I done it really but its a big step for me, I had been looking at clothes & wishing I could fit into them & now thats my incentive. Btw in deb*nhams I was shocked to see size 4 clothes! That is just madness! They couldve just as well said age 7 on the hanger. No wonder people have issues with their size, I mean a tiny size 8 person would feel they were too big if they were looking at a size 4. My 15 yr old sister is tiny (size 8) & always comparing to different celebs & seeing size 4 definately doesnt help either! Sorry for going off track oops!

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    Ya i feel im really getting into the mindset that for the sake of a few days im not going to go off track. I have to stick to it because if i stray its really hard to get back on track, Im firmly on the wagon & planon staying here! Actually yesterday i had a big test, was shopping with my sister & mum (both size tiny) & they went to abrak*babra for food, normally I'd be joining in but I was prepared. Had a banana & an apple while waiting for my tea & then i had 2 ww choc chip cookies for 2 pp with my tea while they ate!

You go girl! :-D I am proud of you. I have been in those kinds of situations before and know it can be a tiny bit 'ugh' sometimes, but i always feel better for sticking to my plan. I really am starting to see that it is just not worth it, for me anyway to stray. I thought it before but now it is in my every cell - determined to succeed.
    Have decided to get the food processor. Dreaming of all the use I'll make sure to get out of it and it appears to be another win win win! Off to weigh in now, not expecting anything amazing but still moving in right direction so am OK with that. Will update later! Have a nice day all.

So, can broghies be bought in Co. Kerry?

scientist wrote: »
    So, can broghies be bought in Co. Kerry?

I've never even heard of them. Why don't you ask on their Facebook page?

I already did. That's why I'm here. I can't get any straight answers. They're in dunnes in Clare, in Dublin both in tesco's and Dunnes . But I'm in Kerry so just wondered if anyone knew?

Did you ring any of your local Dunnes or Tescos? If they're stocking them in other counties, then maybe they have them in Kerry.

Just back from my weigh in and was 2lb down so really happy with that:) Anyway good luck with the weigh ins to come and congrats on all the good losses.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Advertisement

Did you ring any of your local Dunnes or Tescos? If they're stocking them in other counties, then maybe they have them in Kerry.

Yes, I rang dunnes and they have never heard of them. You see they are 19 cals each and are about the size of a slice of bread so would be ideal for weight loss. I asked on the fb page but no response. Just thought perhaps someone here might know off them . Always a chance!

scientist wrote: »
    Yes, I rang dunnes and they have never heard of them. You see they are 19 cals each and are about the size of a slice of bread so would be ideal for weight loss. I asked on the fb page but no response. Just thought perhaps someone here might know off them . Always a chance!

Could you get them on Amazon or similar? Www.Amazon.co.uk

Great news and somesome good news. Down 4lbs this week! (Actually 8 days as could not make it to my usual yesterday). Fruiting delighted with myself. Was beaming all day after! I also got the food processor, and have realised I haven't a clue what to make with the fecking thing. Have already melted a piece of it trying to make nut butter. Yes, melted. Am raging - followed instructions for use and presumed that blendy blendy = butter? Then tried with a few drops of oil. No joy. Just resembled breadcrumbs....?
    Agh, anyway. Will figure it out. Hope the meltedy bit won't cause issue.

But anyway..yes!
    My jaw hit the floor when I saw -4lb!!!!! I am expecting 3 or lower next week, due to shorter week for me as I go back to with on weds! Yay!
    Also, a tin of roses chocolate sweets has....get this....112 pro points¡!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Great news and somesome good news. Down 4lbs this week! (Actually 8 days as could not make it to my usual yesterday). Fruiting delighted with myself. Was beaming all day after! I also got the food processor, and have realised I haven't a clue what to make with the fecking thing. Have already melted a piece of it trying to make nut butter. Yes, melted. Am raging - followed instructions for use and presumed that blendy blendy = butter? Then tried with a few drops of oil. No joy. Just resembled breadcrumbs....?

But anyway..yes!
    My jaw hit the floor when I saw -4lb!!!!! I am expecting 3 or lower next week, due to shorter week for me as I go back to with on weds! Yay!
    4lbs is fantastic!!! well done! :D 112 for the roses :eek::eek::eek:

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    4lbs is fantastic!!! well done! :D 112 for the roses :eek::eek::eek:
    Got my first silver seven! Hurrah! Stuck it on the inside flap of me wallet.
    And yea, madness isn't it - see ya later roses!

But anyway..yes!

Thats a really good loss keep going:) Will make sure I stay well away from tins of roses over christmas:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

The entire tin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

112!!! I'm staying away from them this Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    The entire tin?

Yeah exactly, that's for the entire tin. If you're eating an entire tin of Roses you've got bigger problems!

• Advertisement

Yeah a tin of roses is massive. That'd be what - 2 pp per chocolate? One or two wont do much harm!

Advertisement