Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Aye roses I don't let myself get too worried about. Chocolate isn't my worst habit and I'm quite happy to have one or two if I'm in that situation. Love the hazelnut ones!

My issues remains the take aways when I've a party the night before and cheese an crackers after dinner andeating huge sandwiches at eleven at night... ;-) but I sts Christmas last year by just keeping an eye on that end of things. I always had a pot of soup there and stuck to pasta for those hangover days . Will do the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Yeah exactly, that's for the entire tin. If you're eating an entire tin of Roses you've got bigger problems!
    I'm just not gonna buy them this year. 5 a day for 5 days is my weeklies gone! Far too easy to do for me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Aye roses I don't let myself get too worried about. Chocolate isn't my worst habit and I'm quite happy to have one or two if I'm in that situation. Love the hazelnut ones!

My issues remains the take aways when I've a party the night before and cheese an crackers after dinner andeating huge sandwiches at eleven at night... ;-) but I sts Christmas last year by just keeping an eye on that end of things. I always had a pot of soup there and stuck to pasta for those hangover days . Will do the same this year.

I would have a major issue with take aways and big sandwiches so I will have to watch that aswell. Think I will also be on the soup this christmas.
    metime wrote: »
    I'm just not gonna buy them this year. 5 a day for 5 days is my weeklies gone! Far too easy to do for me !

gosh you could eat 5 a day over 5 days so easily over christmas, It's scary to think you could use your points so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Just out of my meeting. And I'm completely in shock. I'm just 1.5 off my goal. I lost 4.5 this week! Well in 2 weeks but I didn't lose last week according to the scales in the pharmacy. Gob smacked!

I'm really worried about Christmas though. She said average gain in January is 5 pounds though there was a woman before that went up 13! :O

keesa wrote: »
    Just out of my meeting. And I'm completely in shock. I'm just 1.5 off my goal. I lost 4.5 this week! Well in 2 weeks but I didn't lose last week according to the scales in the pharmacy. Gob smacked!

I'm really worried about Christmas though. She said average gain in January is 5 pounds though there was a woman before that went up 13! :O

Amazing loss, I am very happy to hear!
    Any tips to share with us ? :-D (please!!!)
    What is it do you know that has you worried about Christmas?

• Advertisement

Amazing loss, I am very happy to hear!
    Any tips to share with us ? :-D (please!!!)
    What is it do you know that has you worried about Christmas?

That doesn't strike me as a great thing for the leader to be saying, the more I think of it?
    I lost 5lb over the break last time I did Weight watchers. Going up 13lb is ridiculous i.m.o, you'd have to eat all around you for that, and I imagine be in a pretty bad place mentally to undo your hard work like that? As someone said in a previous post, if you ate that much I think you have bigger problems than weight! Sure i've been doing weight watchers just over three weeks and i've only lost 9.5lbs, and am considering that to be very good. I can't imagine a gain of 13 unless was eating Eddie rockets 3 times a day, and drinking a bottle of wine with each!!! And like, sleeping in pyjamas made of chocolate fudge cake that absorbed into my blood stream while I slept...though i guess everyone is different!

Personally, I am more motivated then ever. Back is feeling better and will now charge up my mp3 player that has couch to 5k on it to pick up where i left off at week 2 day one, though am going to repeat it. Am silently thinking of doing a 5k at end of Jan or Start of Feb to make sure I stay on it! Eeeeek&Yaaaay :-D will take comfort in the fact that I'm gonna make damn sure I'm not one of the people putting on 5 or...13!!! Lbs this Christmas or January. No. Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Going up 13lb is ridiculous i.m.o, you'd have to eat all around you for that, and I imagine be in a pretty bad place mentally to undo your hard work like that? As someone said in a previous post, if you ate that much I think you have bigger problems than weight! Sure i've been doing weight watchers just over three weeks and i've only lost 9.5lbs, and am considering that to be very good. I can't imagine a gain of 13 unless was eating Eddie rockets 3 times a day, and drinking a bottle of wine with each!!! And like, sleeping in pyjamas made of chocolate fudge cake that absorbed into my blood stream while I slept...

'Only' 9.5 lbs? To lose that amount of weight in three weeks is fantastic.

In fairness, some people put on weight a lot quicker than others. I would be one of those people. I am slim enough, 10 stone at 5'7 but if I were to completely pig out for a day I could easily put on 2/3lbs, and that's only one day! So I personally think 13lbs over the whole Christmas period is easily done.

Metime, when I had just started I didn't understand at all how people could be going up on the scales when they knew the rules. When you've been at it a bit longer you'll start to understand that sometimes, you just give in to those after lunch snacks, or the chinese when there's no food in the house.

13lbs over 3 weeks is extreme but not impossible. She was on holiday and then it was Christmas. Goodies, cakes, fancy coffees, alcohol!

And tips? I think the biggest change was cutting out unnecessary treats. I used to eat when I was waiting for the bus, or during the extra time at lunch, a chocolate bar after shopping, milkshakes at work. That happened pretty immediately when I started.

At my first meeting, a lady beside me had just gotten her 2nd stone, she said the biggest change she had was using small plates for dinner and she could still have her bacon and cabbage etc. that really helps me with my portion control.

I drink a lot of orange squash because I don't enjoy sipping on water, and it's tasty so it's like a treat (sugar free is 0 points), and I always have chocolate in the house so if I want that hit I have a low point option like curly wurleys(3 points), freddos (3 points) or WW chocolate digestives(2pts for 2) or I'll have some red berry tea if I've no points left, otherwise I'll end up eating everything else to cover it.

I know most of my common foods' points off by heart so I can make decisions quick and easy too. My biggest fault on the plan is that I don't do exercise, so if I'm off track, it really shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My eating is gone to sh1t. I just feel like I don't care or something. I can't shake this. I'm stressed and fed up. I'm only 10lbs from goal and it feels like I'll never get there.

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    'Only' 9.5 lbs? To lose that amount of weight in three weeks is fantastic.

In fairness, some people put on weight a lot quicker than others. I would be one of those people. I am slim enough, 10 stone at 5'7 but if I were to completely pig out for a day I could easily put on 2/3lbs, and that's only one day! So I personally think 13lbs over the whole Christmas period is easily done.

Oh I am absolutely delighted with my -9.5lb, don't get me wrong! I just meant the only as in I've worked so hard to lose that, and to think you could gain that and more over the Christmas period if were not mindful of intake...eek! I find that a bit scary, really.
    Heat wave, you are my goal weight!! :-D I have about 4 Stone to go until I reach it!

• Advertisement

My eating is gone to sh1t. I just feel like I don't care or something. I can't shake this. I'm stressed and fed up. I'm only 10lbs from goal and it feels like I'll never get there.

Only ten away? Fair play! Sure you could hit goal in the first month of 2014 if you kept at it. Maybe a new stress relieving outlet to let off some steam and get you to goal may give you an incentive? Ring in the new year in style.... Two birds and all that!

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/food/healthy-recipes/recipe-archive/christmas-cake.html

This Christmas cake recipe... Is that 8 points per slice? how big are the slices?

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/food/healthy-recipes/recipe-archive/christmas-cake.html

This Christmas cake recipe... Is that 8 points per slice? how big are the slices?

It says 32 servings. I lolled, was gonna guess 8 servings! In shock.

Only ten away? Fair play! Sure you could hit goal in the first month of 2014 if you kept at it. Maybe a new stress relieving outlet to let off some steam and get you to goal may give you an incentive? Ring in the new year in style.... Two birds and all that!

Ten to go, yep. :)

My first class of 2014 will be my anniversary of joining for the last time. Third time lucky. I've just started a few weeks temporary work and I'm finding it hard to get into a routine. Maybe I'll settle this week. I need to get back to walking too. I feel all out of sorts without it. I have to go into work for a bit in the morning but I think I'll try do 3 or 4km to get back into it.

Thanks for the reply. I think I just need a good kick up the backside!

Ten to go, yep. :)

My first class of 2014 will be my anniversary of joining for the last time. Third time lucky. I've just started a few weeks temporary work and I'm finding it hard to get into a routine. Maybe I'll settle this week. I need to get back to walking too. I feel all out of sorts without it. I have to go into work for a bit in the morning but I think I'll try do 3 or 4km to get back into it.

Thanks for the reply. I think I just need a good kick up the backside!

Sure that's normal that it would take a bit of time to settle to the new routine. You've only just started so be patient and kind to yourself, it is great to get the work especially before Christmas too, so well done you! Fleh, i could do with getting a walk in myself - haven't done a tap today, my day off and absolutely relishing in it! Up at the crack of dawn to get week 2 day 1 couch to 5k session behind me. I won't be able to reach my goal weight by January like you could, but I can reach one of my goals by early February which is to run a 5k mini marathon. I just decided this today lol, am excited at the thought. Gonna be very good at Christmas and then treat myself to new runners, a new sports bra, some dri fit capris and a nike tee in the sales; will feckin' need them at this rate, I can already feel my boobs and thighs shrinking yay :-D

I've done nothing in two weeks! I'll get back into the swing of things. I have to stop being negative about everything.

I think I need a new sports bra myself, mine is too big. My boobs were huge so thankfully I could afford them shrinking a little bit :p

I was thinking of getting back to the C25k myself actually. Any tips? I was about 5 weeks in.. :o

I've done nothing in two weeks! I'll get back into the swing of things. I have to stop being negative about everything.

I think I need a new sports bra myself, mine is too big. My boobs were huge so thankfully I could afford them shrinking a little bit :p

Haha, me too. I lovingly refer to mine as my gozongas and my jiggly ass as my badunka-bonk-bonk.. Think I'm gonna have to rename them soon...which is absolutely FINE by me. :-D

( . )( . )

(.)(.)

:-D

I was thinking of getting back to the C25k myself actually. Any tips? I was about 5 weeks in.. :o

5 weeks!! I am dreaming of being that far with it haha, fair play, again! No tips really. I could maybe get some from you by the sounds of things! One thing I noticed was it was much easier if I stretched before and after, if even lightly. I googled some pretty and post run stretches. I didn't do this first few times and was sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Duffy- I totally get where you're at- I'm struggling at the moment. Stress of Christmas and getting work in order before the holidays-I'm just nibbling constantly and there's so many nights out right now, I'm eating crap the next day... I feel like I eat well during the week and then throw it all away at the weekends. I was up two last week, just going to weigh in and really crossing my fingers for a sts, but not holding my breath. :-(

I'm literally taking it each meal at a time as I'm all over the place atm for a few different reasons. I think that's all we can do for now and hopefully we can keep it under control and then after Christmas it'll fall into place :)
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, Go back next week start afresh and try not to give the weight gain another thought. Its terrible when everything goes against you and your weight loss, I am battling with my motivation at the moment. Are you still running? you seemed to be doing so well with that.

You have been one of the posters who has always been there to motivate me in the past so hopefully I can do the same for you. Keep going it will eventually come off.:)

Aw thanks I wish I could find some of that motivation :D The running stopped around the time the eating went out of control so trying to work up the courage to get back out again. I got to the end of week 5 so gonna start from week 3 again. I have been doing to odd kettlebell workout though which has helped.
    I'm finishing work today for Christmas and I'm not back til the 13th of January so I'm going to try my best and be really good with my eating and exercising in the weeks until Christmas. I'm taking the from the 23rd - 1st January off WW but I'm still going to track, even if I go waaaay over my points. This way I can see exactly where the damage is done and learn from it for other occasions. Also I know that if I give up sweets etc during Christmas I'll feel deprived and I'll feel resentful towards WW for ruining Christmas (crazy I know). But I am going to try and avoid over-stuffing myself over Christmas as that just makes me fell sick and makes me feel crap even if I'm eating gorgeous foods.

Is there a reason you're taking so long off from WW? WW doesn't mean that Christmas has to be ruined. If you're clever about it and plan ahead, you can still do WW and enjoy Christmas. I lost 5lbs over Christmas the last time I did WW. Take 3 days off and track and point the rest. Exercise over the Christmas and not just leading up to it. Its more about portion control rather than anything else!

Haha, me too. I lovingly refer to mine as my gozongas and my jiggly ass as my badunka-bonk-bonk.. Think I'm gonna have to rename them soon...which is absolutely FINE by me. :-D

( . )( . )

(.)(.)

:-D

My ex referred to mine as "The Twins"... they're just nice now, I'm quite happy so I totally get what you mean :p

• Advertisement

5 weeks!! I am dreaming of being that far with it haha, fair play, again! No tips really. I could maybe get some from you by the sounds of things! One thing I noticed was it was much easier if I stretched before and after, if even lightly. I googled some pretty and post run stretches. I didn't do this first few times and was sore!

I think that was my problem tbh actually, no stretches. I better get Googling! Lol. :)

Best of luck with it!

I haven't posted in a while. I'm going through a really difficult breakup at the moment and didn't go to class last week, or this week. Sent my leader an email today to explain and she was so lovely. I'm gonna try my best to get back on track for next week. For about 5 days I was barely eating, and ever since I've been eating everything in sight, not to mention all the wine.

Anyway the last time I weighed in, I was 2 stone 1/2lb down. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm up 5 or 6 lbs. I'd be happy if, by the time we got to Christmas, I was back to being 2 stone down. Part of me was tempted to leave going back til the new year but I know it would spiral out of control then. I've worked hard and don't want to undo it all.

So sorry to hear about your breakup. Try and use it to motivate you rather than the other way around :) I was tempted to give up as well but I figured even if I can stay in around the same its better than the stone I could easily gain come January!
    Yeah exactly, that's for the entire tin. If you're eating an entire tin of Roses you've got bigger problems!

I got a tip from my leader on how to manage the tins of sweets.....keep a hold of the wrappers of what you eat as that way you can keep track of how many you eat.
    That doesn't strike me as a great thing for the leader to be saying, the more I think of it?
    I lost 5lb over the break last time I did Weight watchers. Going up 13lb is ridiculous i.m.o, you'd have to eat all around you for that, and I imagine be in a pretty bad place mentally to undo your hard work like that? As someone said in a previous post, if you ate that much I think you have bigger problems than weight!

I lost 5lbs over Christmas as well the last time I did WW however trust me it can be very easy to gain 13lbs over three weeks especially during Christmas. And you're right most people do tend to have bigger problems than weight hence why you're overweight in the first place. You don't gain weight for no reason, it can be stress, emotional eating, time, relationship/family problems etc. I gained 10lbs in 2/3 weeks from eating crap but I also gained 2.5lbs when I followed the programme to perfection, so gains can happen and sometimes there is no explanation for it. With Christmas weight, a lot of it is probably water retention from all the high sodium foods consumed.

I had got to the end of week 5 about 3 weeks ago and I haven't done it since. Trying to motivate myself to get going again. I think I'm going to start from week 3 as I don't think I'll need to go from the very beginning. You could do one day week one, one day week 2 and keep progressing as you feel fit?

Sorry for the long posts, I just hit reply as I was going though them :D I was tempted to give up today but when I stepped on the scales I was down so that motivated me to keep going!

There was a few people asking about Christmas and how to handle it. When I did WW last time my leader gave me some great tips. First of all we had to write in a Christmas card what our ideal weight would be at the first weigh in back after the Christmas. So for example you could put down 3lbs gain, maintain or 3lbs loss. I put down 5lbs loss and low and behold I lost 5lbs! Secondly she told us to pick 3 days that we would take off from WW. For me those were 25th, 26th and NYE. The rest of the days you had to point as normal and stick to plan. That was before weeklies so it was tough! This year I am following that plan. I am setting my target as 5lbs loss. I am taking 22nd (day after 12 pubs!), 25th and 26th off. I am sticking to dailies every other day and then using weeklies for NYE but still within points. I am also off work so going to make a big push with exercise. I have spent the best part of the year enjoying food and its time to get real!

Duffy those are excellent tips. I need to have a chat with myself and come up with my plan of action. :)

Duffy those are excellent tips. I need to have a chat with myself and come up with my plan of action. :)

I'm hoping that by setting a target for the first weigh in back that it will keep me motivated!

I suppose I'm going to have to wait til next week til I find out if I'm switching to maintenance(eeeh!!! :D ) before I come up with my plan. At the moment it looks like I'll just watch the choc, and deserts and go for a run in the afternoons to get those points back! I'll need to start pointing our Christmas treats soon before I go home! Cream is always on everything! *rolls eyes*

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that by setting a target for the first weigh in back that it will keep me motivated!

Yeah I'm thinking the same. :)

I suppose I'm going to have to wait til next week til I find out if I'm switching to maintenance(eeeh!!! :D ) before I come up with my plan. At the moment it looks like I'll just watch the choc, and deserts and go for a run in the afternoons to get those points back! I'll need to start pointing our Christmas treats soon before I go home! Cream is always on everything! *rolls eyes*

Hopefully you will be on maintenance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Oh I am absolutely delighted with my -9.5lb, don't get me wrong! I just meant the only as in I've worked so hard to lose that, and to think you could gain that and more over the Christmas period if were not mindful of intake...eek! I find that a bit scary, really.
    Heat wave, you are my goal weight!! :-D I have about 4 Stone to go until I reach it!

I was 12.5 stone when I started, which was only a few months ago. So you will get there too 'metime'! :)

You're right it is scary. Even though I'm at goal I'm constantly struggling to maintain because I've a serious sweet tooth! Every week I find myself having to choose between a night out with friends, or have a chinese! It's either or I find, I can't have both. Otherwise I will definitely be up!

Weight loss - it's a constant battle! I noticed someone say they're not going to point Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. That's what I am going to do too. After all it's only 4 days out of 365!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Couria86

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good ww class in South dublin? I used to go to a great class in Templeogue run by a fantastic leader called Deirdre but since returning to Ireland the class is gone. Any other good classes around? I need some thinspiration for the new year :)

Advertisement