Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Couria86 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good ww class in South dublin? I used to go to a great class in Templeogue run by a fantastic leader called Deirdre but since returning to Ireland the class is gone. Any other good classes around? I need some thinspiration for the new year :)

I used to go to the class in the Glenalbyn sports and leisure centre in Stillorgan, it is kind of near the cinema there at the shopping centre? I found it was a very motivating class and it was always buzzing and busy - lots of people there. The leaders name is Mary. I found her to be a positive influence and very friendly. As far as I know she is still there. It was on a Tuesday when I went there.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

metime wrote: »
    I used to go to the class in the Glenalbyn sports and leisure centre in Stillorgan, it is kind of near the cinema there at the shopping centre? I found it was a very motivating class and it was always buzzing and busy - lots of people there. The leaders name is Mary. I found her to be a positive influence and very friendly. As far as I know she is still there. It was on a Tuesday when I went there.

Hope that helps!

Mary has retired but there's a new leader called Corina and she's really good. Not sure if it's the same Deirdre but there's a leader called Deirdre that does a class in Dundrum at 10 on Wednesday morning. There's also a great leader called Fiona that does classes in kiltiernan on Wednesday at 5 and 6.30 and in Dun Laoighre on Thursday evenings. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AKSMAGS

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Mary has retired but there's a new leader called Corina and she's really good. Not sure if it's the same Deirdre but there's a leader called Deirdre that does a class in Dundrum at 10 on Wednesday morning. There's also a great leader called Fiona that does classes in kiltiernan on Wednesday at 5 and 6.30 and in Dun Laoighre on Thursday evenings. Hope that helps.

I have been to Fionas classes in Rochestown on Thursdays, I find her fantastic, I've been to loads of different classes and hers were by far my favourite. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Couria86 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good ww class in South dublin? I used to go to a great class in Templeogue run by a fantastic leader called Deirdre but since returning to Ireland the class is gone. Any other good classes around? I need some thinspiration for the new year :)

Hi Couria, If its the class I am thinking of I used to go to that class aswell it was in St Judes. Deirdre is still running the classes but she has moved to the community centre in firhouse just beside the scout den. I go to the 10.30 class on a Thursday she also has evening classes on that day in that venue. I have to say I have been to a few classes and I still think that she is one of the best leaders around.

Welcome to the site it's great for inspiration:).

Sorry for the long posts, I just hit reply as I was going though them :D I was tempted to give up today but when I stepped on the scales I was down so that motivated me to keep going!

There was a few people asking about Christmas and how to handle it. When I did WW last time my leader gave me some great tips. First of all we had to write in a Christmas card what our ideal weight would be at the first weigh in back after the Christmas. So for example you could put down 3lbs gain, maintain or 3lbs loss. I put down 5lbs loss and low and behold I lost 5lbs! Secondly she told us to pick 3 days that we would take off from WW. For me those were 25th, 26th and NYE. The rest of the days you had to point as normal and stick to plan. That was before weeklies so it was tough! This year I am following that plan. I am setting my target as 5lbs loss. I am taking 22nd (day after 12 pubs!), 25th and 26th off. I am sticking to dailies every other day and then using weeklies for NYE but still within points. I am also off work so going to make a big push with exercise. I have spent the best part of the year enjoying food and its time to get real!

Hi Duffy, Thanks for the great tips:) I am going to have to really push myself over christmas and try not to gain too much. Food is a real weakness for me.

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    I suppose I'm going to have to wait til next week til I find out if I'm switching to maintenance(eeeh!!! :D ) before I come up with my plan. At the moment it looks like I'll just watch the choc, and deserts and go for a run in the afternoons to get those points back! I'll need to start pointing our Christmas treats soon before I go home! Cream is always on everything! *rolls eyes*

Hi Keesa, I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to maintenance this week:) Good luck.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, Thanks for the great tips:) I am going to have to really push myself over christmas and try not to gain too much. Food is a real weakness for me.
    Thanks Duffy, that's a brilliant Idea I am definitely going to do the Christmas card idea! I love things like that to keep you focused on what you want. I keep my goal weight written on my mirror in eyeliner with my current weight above it so I can see the difference and even when Its tough I know its working.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

AKSMAGS wrote: »
    I have been to Fionas classes in Rochestown on Thursdays, I find her fantastic, I've been to loads of different classes and hers were by far my favourite. :)

Agree! She's great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Was furious with myself yesterday - Had a few drinks with friends Saturday night, all budgeted for in my weeklies... Then they brought out the nibbles. Couldn't stop picking at them! :(
    Now I weighed myself this morning and the scales is still looking good but I'm still mad at myself for letting myself get carried away like that!

jubella wrote: »
    Was furious with myself yesterday - Had a few drinks with friends Saturday night, all budgeted for in my weeklies... Then they brought out the nibbles. Couldn't stop picking at them! :(
    Now I weighed myself this morning and the scales is still looking good but I'm still mad at myself for letting myself get carried away like that!
    don't be hard on yourself Jubella, I was a little less than angelic this week, again all allowed for in my points, with a little extra nibble here and there (my sister brought home chips and a chocolate orange one night!)

Though it may feel like it at times, its not all about the food, its about making the decision to change and turning up at your meeting every week. Guilt like that has in the past made me skip a meeting thinking I'll get it all on track by next week instead, and then end up in a worse place weeks later. You made a bad choice, but its in the past, the future is what counts!

• Advertisement

After a really bad day, so happy to be down 2lbs. I have 3lbs to until my silver seven so going to work really hard and try and get it before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Don't be so hard on yereselves girls! Or if it makes you feel any better. I had my end goal in sight. 1.5 pounds! It's nothing! Only a few weeks ago it was 10!

Day 3 over my weeklies, and I have the 12 pubs on Friday (wi is saturday). I was a little bold on sunday, I was STARVING even after my lunch in town so I got a tiffin in Costa- 13 points, I was only 2 or 3 into my weeklies by that point. Then yesterday 3 glasses of wine, dinner(with chips) out and a gooey chocolate brownie with cream. And yes, I ate all the cream.

Sitting here with a pen and my tracker... time to add up my points ...

Congratulations on the loss :-) I am hoping for 2lb myself tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 3lb would definitely be doable in the week if you're determined! Best of luck with it.

I have weigh in tomorrow morning...Don't really know what to expect as I am back on the coffee and have not been cycling. Started back up the Couch to 5k this week though, which I am happy about.
    I have been slightly under my points most days, as have been having better breakfasts that have kept me fuller longer. (Smoothies are amazing!) Even though I am doing this I've heard not using all the points can affect metabolism and that you should use them all regardless as it can effect weightloss...Agh! It is so hard to know, especially hearing conflicting things with different reasons from different sources.

Anyway, I will drink lots of water tonight, and eagerly await WI tomorrow - fingers crossed! :-)

While i'm here, I have a couple of questions for ye folk if you don't mind?
    Do you bring flip flops to be weighed? I've seen some people doing this and wonder if I should too. I think I should in a way because the disconnect between my home scales and the class scales is a bit confusing for me. I mean, I guess the less on when being weighed, the better? This would also remove any discrepancies between weight readings from week to week if I was wearing different shoes for example. Maybe that's silly and being ridiculous. Was just wondering as had seen some other people doing it.

Are you going to do Weight watchers for the forseeable future, or are you hoping to leave it once you reach a certain goal? Are you going to be a weight watcher for life? Was thinking about how long I will be doing it today and just didn't know - was wondering how other people work it and what others think around that. Do those on Gold cards continue going for years? Or is that a bridge thing to get you back to life without meetings?

One more question if you don't mind - when you are being weighed, do you take time to read the screen for yourself too, or do you just listen for your leader to give you the loss or gain number and then step off?
    When i'm being weighed I feel I want to have a good mosey at the screen as there seems to be a lot of good information on it - but I must admit I feel a bit rushed to step off the scales especially if there is people behind me. I have consistently kick myself every week after WI for forgetting to have a good look! Do you think I would be able to take a photograph of it every week to track my progress?

Don't be so hard on yereselves girls! Or if it makes you feel any better. I had my end goal in sight. 1.5 pounds! It's nothing! Only a few weeks ago it was 10!

Day 3 over my weeklies, and I have the 12 pubs on Friday (wi is saturday). I was a little bold on sunday, I was STARVING even after my lunch in town so I got a tiffin in Costa- 13 points, I was only 2 or 3 into my weeklies by that point. Then yesterday 3 glasses of wine, dinner(with chips) out and a gooey chocolate brownie with cream. And yes, I ate all the cream.

Sounds delicious, to be honest! :-D #butoops

Gosh chocolate brownie with cream sounds lovely... I can dream:P
    Congratulations on the loss :-) I am hoping for 2lb myself tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 3lb would definitely be doable in the week if you're determined! Best of luck with it.

I have weigh in tomorrow morning...Don't really know what to expect as I am back on the coffee and have not been cycling. Started back up the Couch to 5k this week though, which I am happy about.
    I have been slightly under my points most days, as have been having better breakfasts that have kept me fuller longer. (Smoothies are amazing!) Even though I am doing this I've heard not using all the points can affect metabolism and that you should use them all regardless as it can effect weightloss...Agh! It is so hard to know, especially hearing conflicting things with different reasons from different sources.

Anyway, I will drink lots of water tonight, and eagerly await WI tomorrow - fingers crossed! :-)

Do you bring flip flops to be weighed? I've seen some people doing this and wonder if I should too. I think I should in a way because the disconnect between my home scales and the class scales is a bit confusing for me. I mean, I guess the less on when being weighed, the better? This would also remove any discrepancies between weight readings from week to week if I was wearing different shoes for example. Maybe that's silly and being ridiculous. Was just wondering as had seen some other people doing it.

Are you going to do Weight watchers for the forseeable future, or are you hoping to leave it once you reach a certain goal? Are you going to be a weight watcher for life? Was thinking about how long I will be doing it today and just didn't know - was wondering how other people work it and what others think around that. Do those on Gold cards continue going for years? Or is that a bridge thing to get you back to life without meetings?

One more question if you don't mind - when you are being weighed, do you take time to read the screen for yourself too, or do you just listen for your leader to give you the loss or gain number and then step off?
    When i'm being weighed I feel I want to have a good mosey at the screen as there seems to be a lot of good information on it - but I must admit I feel a bit rushed to step off the scales especially if there is people behind me. I have consistently kick myself every week after WI for forgetting to have a good look! Do you think I would be able to take a photograph of it every week to track my progress?

Hi, Try and eat all of your points everyday, my leader always says if you don't eat all your points while losing weight that you might have a problem when you go on maintenance because your body will be used to less.

When I finish losing the weight I intend to stay as a weight watcher. You have to use your gold card six times a year to keep up the membership as far as I know. I think I will always have to watch my intake to keep weight off. I got to goal eleven years ago after having my first baby and I kept the weight off until a few years ago when I stopped watching what I was eating.

As far as the shoes are concerned I just get weighed in the same pair of shoes every week:).

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good leader in the city centre? I work on harcourt st but will hike anywhere in town if the leader is good. Alternatively I live in booterstown so anywhere near there would be good too. I rejoined ww in stillorgan today but was gutted to hear that Mary had retired. I'm sure the new leader, corinna, is nice but I loved Mary and was most of the reason I rejoined.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Abbey st at 5.30 on Wednesday, I can't remember her name though. She's great, but I can never make it on time. Or Gwen on Saturdays on Abbey st too

Thanks. You may get a surprise tomorrow as I didn't expect 2lbs tonight. You should always eat your dailies as you will end up plateauing later on if you don't. Your leader may advise you to drop a few points if you are struggling to lose weight but that would be in exceptional circumstances. If you are struggling, the best way to use up your points is to use full fat foods such as milk and butter, healthy fats like olive oil, nuts etc.

Nope I don't wear flip flops. I wear the same shoes every week and that's what matters. I wouldn't be too bothered with little things as they wouldn't make any difference really. I weigh myself at home as well and I know the difference between my scales and the WW ones as well. Its not a healthy habit to get in to so if you can disconnect them. I did have them put away but then I took them out again and they will stay out over Christmas so I can keep an eye on it.

I will always have to watch my weight but I don't always want to be pointing. I am making an effort to eat in a way that is maintainable and healthy. My plan is to get to goal and continue going to meetings until I feel comfortable. Then I will probably reduce it to once or twice a week. You go free when you get to goal and I enjoy the meetings so I don't want to quit them altogether. You really shouldn't look at WW like that. You should try to make it a sustainable lifestyle so that when you do get to goal, it will be easy to maintain. Losing the weight is only half the battle, keeping it off is much harder. Trust me I know!!

I look at the screen if I think of it. To be honest there's nothing really on it that you don't know yourself. It has your starting weight, weight loss that week, weight loss to date, point allowance and BMI. Don't think there's anything else really on it. If you ask your leader a question at the scale, it will give you an few minutes to look at it. The reason its rushed is that if everyone was to stop and spend a few minutes looking at it, the meeting will never start on time!

Hope that helps. Anything else just ask :)

JDD wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good leader in the city centre? I work on harcourt st but will hike anywhere in town if the leader is good. Alternatively I live in booterstown so anywhere near there would be good too. I rejoined ww in stillorgan today but was gutted to hear that Mary had retired. I'm sure the new leader, corinna, is nice but I loved Mary and was most of the reason I rejoined.

I go to Corina's class and she's great. She remembers your name, is really helpful and encouraging and her meetings are always on topic. There's another great leader called Fiona but not sure if her classes are in your area. She does classes in Rochestown Hotel near Killiney/Dun Laoighre. She also does classes in Kiltiernan. Her Rochestown classes are on Thursday evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

I go to Corina's class and she's great. She remembers your name, is really helpful and encouraging and her meetings are always on topic. There's another great leader called Fiona but not sure if her classes are in your area. She does classes in Rochestown Hotel near Killiney/Dun Laoighre. She also does classes in Kiltiernan. Her Rochestown classes are on Thursday evenings.

Thanks - I was meant to be rejoining with a friend tonight and stillorgan would be a bit of a hike for her, without the pull of our old leader. Killiney would deffo be too far but I've heard Fiona is good. Looks like it's abbey st for us!

• Advertisement

Metime, I don't wear flip flops to wi but I do try to make sure I'm dressed similarly each week, ie no jumpers, jackets, heavy tops usually just a t-shirt and leggings/ light dress and tights, I also make sure to wear relatively light shoes, I would NEVER get weighed in runners or boots. this might seem a bit crazy but I don't want to skew the results too much week to week either in my favour or against me, I want to know that the weight difference is actually down to me. Years ago when I first went if I had a very bad week, I would wear my boots to wi so I could put the gain down to that and be down LOADS the following week (its mad the things you do to rationalise your behaviour!!)

On the topic of the future, I know I will have to stay in WW for the forseeable, this is my 4th time joining! the first two my heart wasn't really in it, and I gave up quickly and went back to my old ways. Last time I was determined and I got to goal after just under 2 years going from 213lbs to 162lbs. I was so delighted and it really genuinely changed my life, but then sadly I lost my mother to cancer, and lost my way so now I'm back having gained a good chunk back (1st wi was 200lbs) and this time its for real (and forever) I know that I need the meeting and I need the accountability that comes with weighing in in front of another human being but I don't want to say I'll haveto go forever, but I will definitely have to be in and out with my gold membership to keep it in mind. but all in all its not a bad way to live, and I'm happier and healthier doing this than I have been in a long time, so I'm glad I decided to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I was down 4 this morning. FOUR! Couldn't believe it! that's another silver 7! 23.5lbs lost in total so far now :) Delighted!

I was down 4 this morning. FOUR! Couldn't believe it! that's another silver 7! 23.5lbs lost in total so far now :) Delighted!

Hi Jubella, You should be delighted that's a brilliant weight loss:) Go you! Congratulations:):) Any tips?

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Jubella, You should be delighted that's a brilliant weight loss:) Go you! Congratulations:):) Any tips?
    Me too... give us tips!! I want to be down 2/3 by wi on Tuesday to boost me for Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Jubella - That is AMAZING! You are doing so well and must be really noticing your body changing shape! Enjoy looking amazing at all the Christmas parties, you really deserve it!

I STS this week - I was sort of expecting it after being down 2 last week (I'm so close to goal that I wondered if it wouldn't happen this week). Also, I'm really REALLY stressed with my PhD right now and stress makes me gain (normally). So I'm taking the not budging as a victory of sorts.

Half down would've been nice tho...

JDD wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I saw that there is a class in Urban Junction in Blackrock. Though I think I remember there was just one time, possibly mid day? Might be worth checking out as I only saw that in passing and there may be evening classes on which may suit you closer to home?

Amazing loss, well done jubella! Yay! I'd say ya were doing a happy dance, :-D
    I have 4 stone to lose personally, have gotten one silver 7 so far and was so happy to get it. It is really really nice to hear of someone being down nearly 2 stone, (!!!) so fair play to you, thanks for sharing, and keep up the great work - you are obviously focused and working at it! An inspiration.

I'm quite curious... have you noticed your clothes fitting better? Have you dropped dress size or anything? Any other cool stuff you've noticed? :-D I'm down less than a stone and my jeans are already starting to be a bit loser, and my tshirts a bit flailier at the sides. All welcome changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I find about 12lbs lostis a dress size. I lost 2 stone and have gone from a generous 14 to a neat 10 (still the odd 12 in jeans as I've a generous arse, tho I've now got the 'fitted at the bum, gaping at the waist' problems). Not complaining though!!

On the topic of the future, I know I will have to stay in WW for the forseeable, this is my 4th time joining! the first two my heart wasn't really in it, and I gave up quickly and went back to my old ways. Last time I was determined and I got to goal after just under 2 years going from 213lbs to 162lbs. I was so delighted and it really genuinely changed my life, but then sadly I lost my mother to cancer, and lost my way so now I'm back having gained a good chunk back (1st wi was 200lbs) and this time its for real (and forever) I know that I need the meeting and I need the accountability that comes with weighing in in front of another human being but I don't want to say I'll haveto go forever, but I will definitely have to be in and out with my gold membership to keep it in mind. but all in all its not a bad way to live, and I'm happier and healthier doing this than I have been in a long time, so I'm glad I decided to go back.

Hi dottie_lottie, thanks so much for sharing. That is great that you rejoined and are making your life happier and healthier for yourself. I feel determined this time to reach goal and you have made me realise that there are worse things than going to WW for the unforseeable future.. that it is actually great. What you wrote has helped me so thank you - I realise that I too work well with WW and that there is no rush to get out of going to it. The most important thing is getting to goal and learning how to maintain a healthy weight whilst living my life. So that is what I should be focused on, not how soon I can get to goal and leave WW! This slight adjustment in my thinking will help me. I think the first few weeks have been a bit intense for me as I adjusted back to the programme and learned my portions again - I was being a bit hard on myself thinking it was going to be like that forever - but now I realise it will get a bit easier for me and there is no rush if I am making healthy adjustments to my life.

Goal weight, here I come!

• Advertisement

I find about 12lbs lostis a dress size. I lost 2 stone and have gone from a generous 14 to a neat 10 (still the odd 12 in jeans as I've a generous arse, tho I've now got the 'fitted at the bum, gaping at the waist' problems). Not complaining though!!

Congrats on your loss! I wonder how long it took you to lose the 2 stone? I have 4 to lose myself. I am really looking forward to buying smaller size clothes :-) If the average of a stone per dress size is accurate for my body, I may be buying smaller jeans to ring in the new year :-D

Advertisement