Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Thanks guys! No special tips, I just stick to the plan as best as i can! usually fill up on lots of veg, and tend to do better when I drink my weeklies! Started a new job for Christmas and while it's not exactly exercise I am on my feet for a lot more of the day so maybe that shook things up a bit!

I am down a dress size - Still have a good bit to go before dropping another one I'd say though. But I can definitely notice myself changing shape for the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Hi everyone! I decided to quit the lurking and get involved! :D

What kind of treats, if any, will you have set aside for yourselves at Christmas? I tried the Rose Snowflakes that everyone was raving about, and they are lovely for only 1pp each. They are a snowflake shaped mallow with the bottom dipped in chocolate and the top coated with flaked coconut. They are small but they hit the spot for what they are worth! They come in boxes of 20, and they were under €3 in Dunnes when I got them.

Has anyone found any other similar little bits? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

On the soup tonight guys *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Just had 2/3rd a fudge bar (2pp), a muller light vanilla yog with choc sprinkles (2pp) and 2 cadburys biscuits with a cuppa tea (4pp + 1pp for milk). Had originally gone into the kitchen with the intention of steaming brocolli and caulliflour. Absolute whoopsies.

Waiting for that to digest to go for a night run which honestly, I feel like won't happen, but would really like it to. Need to go have a talk with myself !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ugh. Not going well. Missed WW today too. :(

Been eating like crap so I feel like crap. :(

• Advertisement

Ugh. Not going well. Missed WW today too. :(

Been eating like crap so I feel like crap. :(

Don' t beat yourself up about it! If I were you I'd plan a healthy breakfast before bed and start fresh tomorrow! Make it easy for yiurself when yiou wake...
    Is there another meeting you could catch tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

metime wrote: »
    Don' t beat yourself up about it! If I were you I'd plan a healthy breakfast before bed and start fresh tomorrow! Make it easy for yiurself when yiou wake...
    Is there another meeting you could catch tomorrow?

I've got breakfast and lunch done. Lunch is 6PP and my breakfast is 5PP. I feel all bloated and sluggish, just generally crap. Today was dad's birthday so we got chinese and I'm regretting it now. I'll be able to get WI next week fortunately. I don't think there are any local ones tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

I'm quite curious... have you noticed your clothes fitting better? Have you dropped dress size or anything? Any other cool stuff you've noticed? :-D I'm down less than a stone and my jeans are already starting to be a bit loser, and my tshirts a bit flailier at the sides. All welcome changes!

I've gone from a large size 14 at 12st 10lb to a slim size 10 at 10st 7lb. After each stone I went down a size. I've come from a 36C to a 34B too! Had to get rid of all my underwear! But the weirdest thing for me...I went from a shoe size 6 to a 5!

Something I did at the very beginning that I'm so grateful for, was I got my bf to take photos of me in my underwear from the front, back and sides, on the day I came home from my first meeting. I was so sad, I felt so heavy and unattractive, it really shows in the photos. I got him to take more photos after 1 stone, and again after 2 stone...OH WOW! The difference is actually unreal to me. The weight has really come off of every part of me. My end goal is 9st 10lb, so 3 stone in total. I can't wait to see those photos, hopefully in February! Anyt time I'm feeling demotivated I just look at the photos, and it boosts me right back into eating well. I'd advise anyone who's just starting out to do the same! I wish I'd taken measurements too at the beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, Just back from my weigh in and I was 1lb down and got my 5th silver seven so am happy with that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Well done honeygirl! That's brilliant :) Congrats on your loss so far!

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    Well done honeygirl! That's brilliant :) Congrats on your loss so far!

Thanks Jubella, Now my big challenge is to keep it off over the christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrs_Crabapple

God everyones doing so well, wish I had yer motivation :/
    Trying to plan ahead for xmas, as I have lots of nights out and a family who know I want to lose weight and do everything in their power to push food on me!
    One of our family get togethers involves homemade garlic bread from one of those large (I mean LARGE) baguettes from superquinn, the slices are normally about 2 cm thick and covered in garlic butter. Any idea what the propoints would be like?
    Also wondering what the propoints in the big superquinn sausages would be? Hate not being in control of food prep but im really trying to shift my attitude to doing the best I can, instead of using it as an excuse to eat all around me!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I've gone from a large size 14 at 12st 10lb to a slim size 10 at 10st 7lb. After each stone I went down a size. I've come from a 36C to a 34B too! Had to get rid of all my underwear! But the weirdest thing for me...I went from a shoe size 6 to a 5!

Something I did at the very beginning that I'm so grateful for, was I got my bf to take photos of me in my underwear from the front, back and sides, on the day I came home from my first meeting. I was so sad, I felt so heavy and unattractive, it really shows in the photos. I got him to take more photos after 1 stone, and again after 2 stone...OH WOW! The difference is actually unreal to me. The weight has really come off of every part of me. My end goal is 9st 10lb, so 3 stone in total. I can't wait to see those photos, hopefully in February! Anyt time I'm feeling demotivated I just look at the photos, and it boosts me right back into eating well. I'd advise anyone who's just starting out to do the same! I wish I'd taken measurements too at the beginning.

My shoe size has gone down too! I thought they were after changing the shoe sizes!! That's mad

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stinkycat

So I joined weight watchers about 7 weeks ago and have been loosing weight really really slowly, I just want to shift a stone but am finding it hard :( I love my food! So I had lost 7 lbs and when I went to my weigh in last night I had put on 5.5lbs in 1 week :eek::eek: Now I knew I had been bad as I had eaten out 3 nights during the week with parties etc but now I am so disheartened I have been eating rubbish all day dreading how much I will gain over the Christmas period. Has anyone any tips to get through Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

stinkycat wrote: »
    So I joined weight watchers about 7 weeks ago and have been loosing weight really really slowly, I just want to shift a stone but am finding it hard :( I love my food! So I had lost 7 lbs and when I went to my weigh in last night I had put on 5.5lbs in 1 week :eek::eek: Now I knew I had been bad as I had eaten out 3 nights during the week with parties etc but now I am so disheartened I have been eating rubbish all day dreading how much I will gain over the Christmas period. Has anyone any tips to get through Christmas?
    Hi Stinkycat, do you mind me asking if you have much to lose, I know you said you only want to lose a stone, but is that over all or for the time being. the reason I ask, is because while in the first few weeks some members who have a good bit to lose will lose nearly a stone quite quickly (it took me a month and a half first time round) but as you get closer to goal, the weight loss can slow down to a wretchedly slow pace, (my last stone took the longest to lose). So if you only have a stone to lose at all it can take that bit longer.

As for being up 5.5lbs, there could be more reasons, like are you retaining water? if you're not drinking enough water your body will hold on to it and a certain amount of it could be water weight. I dread WI at TOM cos I retain water like crazy and am always up one if not two lbs then.

don't beat yourself up about it though thats the most important thing, everyone has blips.

My top 3 bits of advice:

1. weigh EVERYTHING.
    2. Track everything, sometimes its tempting to not put everything on your tracker when you know you're being bad but being bad and facing up to it is better than not tracking it at all and pretending it never happened
    3. don't ever buy anything in the shop/supermarket if you don't know, or cant reasonably estimate the points. if you don't buy it it can't tempt you from the press and you won't reach for it out of convenience. If its high in points and you want it buy it but accept that you've bought it and you may have to do some exercise to really earn it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stinkycat

Hi Stinkycat, do you mind me asking if you have much to lose, I know you said you only want to lose a stone, but is that over all or for the time being. the reason I ask, is because while in the first few weeks some members who have a good bit to lose will lose nearly a stone quite quickly (it took me a month and a half first time round) but as you get closer to goal, the weight loss can slow down to a wretchedly slow pace, (my last stone took the longest to lose). So if you only have a stone to lose at all it can take that bit longer.

As for being up 5.5lbs, there could be more reasons, like are you retaining water? if you're not drinking enough water your body will hold on to it and a certain amount of it could be water weight. I dread WI at TOM cos I retain water like crazy and am always up one if not two lbs then.

don't beat yourself up about it though thats the most important thing, everyone has blips.

My top 3 bits of advice:

1. weigh EVERYTHING.
    2. Track everything, sometimes its tempting to not put everything on your tracker when you know you're being bad but being bad and facing up to it is better than not tracking it at all and pretending it never happened
    3. don't ever buy anything in the shop/supermarket if you don't know, or cant reasonably estimate the points. if you don't buy it it can't tempt you from the press and you won't reach for it out of convenience. If its high in points and you want it buy it but accept that you've bought it and you may have to do some exercise to really earn it!!
    Hi dottie_lottie
    No, I don t have a huge amount to loose, a stone in total. I had hoped to have it shifted by Christmas. I do very little exercise so I really need to up my game in that regard.

My shoe size has gone down too! I thought they were after changing the shoe sizes!! That's mad

My shoe size has gone down too,:) I was actually wondering why my slip on shoes seemed to fit better in the last few weeks and never really thought about my feet coming down a size. You learn something new everyday:)

stinkycat wrote: »

Hi stinkycat, Don't be disheartened, like Dotti said you might be retaining water. Just write it off and try not to think about it too much more and start again. I know its easier said then done but I have had weeks like that myself. As for the christmas period I am beginning to feel panic over that too because I don't want to put back the weight I've lost so I am going to try and do a walk everyday and try as best I can to track on the days other then christmas day, stephen's day, and new years. I hope you feel better in yourself soon:)

I was down 1 and a half pounds at yesterdays meeting, my forth weigh in since rejoining. I am now into week five on the WW programme and have lost a total of eleven pounds! :) Wahoo!
    Am aiming for -3lb on the scales next week as this would give me my stone down before the Christmas break. Will try my best but not the end of the world if I don't lose that.

Oh! Also, I am moving into week three of the couch to 5k programme on Sunday. Stuck with it this week and got out for my three runs! Victory.
    Glad to hear I am not the only person who's feet are shrinking!

Foxed wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I decided to quit the lurking and get involved! :D

What kind of treats, if any, will you have set aside for yourselves at Christmas? I tried the Rose Snowflakes that everyone was raving about, and they are lovely for only 1pp each. They are a snowflake shaped mallow with the bottom dipped in chocolate and the top coated with flaked coconut. They are small but they hit the spot for what they are worth! They come in boxes of 20, and they were under €3 in Dunnes when I got them.

Has anyone found any other similar little bits? :)
    Will keep an eye out for these when am in Dunnes. Thanks :-)
    For me personally i'll have to make sure I have some plain freddos, cadburys fudge bars, a packet of after 8's - some frozen bananas in the freezer for doing smoothies, and a couple of flumps for snipping up for the top of my low calorie hot chocolates in the evenings! Will also probably treat myself to a box of filo pastry for the week of Christmas and use it as I please! Need to point it to make sure that's not a terrible idea, though. Lol.

--
    ON second thought-
    I absolutely need to make sure I don't have freddos, fudge bars and after 8's. I know what i'm like and i'll eat them all one after another - I didn't get fat eating in moderation and I don't think that side is under control yet. I will just say no I think and get the flumps for hot chocolates. There is no point in me getting 1 point snacks as I will eat 10 of them and that's no use. I think the filo pastry is the best idea for me. I will make filo pastry mince pies as my sweet treats and point these. That way I won't get caught eating my regular treats as well as mince pies. These, low fat mixers and a tonne of veg should see me through I hope. Anyone any veg ideas for Christmas? I will be getting carrots, caulliflour, sprouts and brocolli. Would love some new and interesting ideas for over the holidays if anyone had them.

• Advertisement

I was down 1 and a half pounds at yesterdays meeting, my forth weigh in since rejoining. I am now into week five on the WW programme and have lost a total of eleven pounds! :) Wahoo!
    Am aiming for -3lb on the scales next week as this would give me my stone down before the Christmas break. Will try my best but not the end of the world if I don't lose that.

Oh! Also, I am moving into week three of the couch to 5k programme on Sunday. Stuck with it this week and got out for my three runs! Victory.
    Glad to hear I am not the only person who's feet are shrinking!

Hi Metime, Eleven pounds in only four weeks is a really good loss congrats on that:) Your posts are really motivational so I think I am going to try the couch to 5k again. Keep it up your doing so well:)

Will keep an eye out for these when am in Dunnes. Thanks :-)
    For me personally i'll have to make sure I have some plain freddos, cadburys fudge bars, a packet of after 8's - some frozen bananas in the freezer for doing smoothies, and a couple of flumps for snipping up for the top of my low calorie hot chocolates in the evenings! Will also probably treat myself to a box of filo pastry for the week of Christmas and use it as I please! Need to point it to make sure that's not a terrible idea, though. Lol.
    filo pastry is a points miracle! its only 1pp per sheet for the jus rol frozen one!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Metime, Eleven pounds in only four weeks is a really good loss congrats on that:) Your posts are really motivational so I think I am going to try the couch to 5k again. Keep it up your doing so well:)

Ah thanks so much. It means a lot to me to hear that so thank you.
    Wahey!! Go you with the running :-) I am no guru but I trust my good and I feel so great when I get in from going for a Couch 2 5k run that it must be good. I used to be really paranoid about seeing people out and what they'd think of someone over weight running at a ridiculously slow speed but I must say, something has changed in my mind lately and I literally could not give a care. Not . a . care! It feels so liberating and I have found myself saying "Yes" to podcast when she says "are you ready?!". The first week I was like..........oh god, please, no! It is slow but steady progress. At the start of this week I accidentally heard the start of week three and had a mini heart attack hearing how intense it sounded to me. Today I listened to it again on the way home from the 3rd day of week two, and it sounds so so much more doable. I am so glad I stuck it out.

Best of luck with it :-)

filo pastry is a points miracle! its only 1pp per sheet for the jus rol frozen one!

You have no idea how happy this has just made me!
    I am going to wrap EVERYTHING in filo pastry for Christmas...bwahahah. Even my presents :-D ...Ok well maybe not my presents. But prawns, definitely. Oh my word - that is going to be so yummy and will feel like a real treat. Yay, thanks :-)

Anyone know if you can get individual real butter portions (like you would get in a cafe for toast) in any of the supermarkets? Would be dead handy for keeping me on track! Ta x

Thanks dottie, I was wondering how many pro points were in filo pastry, Will get some as it will be life saver for me:)

Ah thanks so much. It means a lot to me to hear that so thank you.
    Wahey!! Go you with the running :-) I am no guru but I trust my good and I feel so great when I get in from going for a Couch 2 5k run that it must be good. I used to be really paranoid about seeing people out and what they'd think of someone over weight running at a ridiculously slow speed but I must say, something has changed in my mind lately and I literally could not give a care. Not . a . care! It feels so liberating and I have found myself saying "Yes" to podcast when she says "are you ready?!". The first week I was like..........oh god, please, no! It is slow but steady progress. At the start of this week I accidentally heard the start of week three and had a mini heart attack hearing how intense it sounded to me. Today I listened to it again on the way home from the 3rd day of week two, and it sounds so so much more doable. I am so glad I stuck it out.

Best of luck with it :-)

Thanks Metime, I have been doing a lot of walking and sporadic running every now and then so maybe I will get on a bit better with the couch to 5k this time.:) Good luck with week 3.

I'm on a mission to sabotage myself tonight it seems. I skipped my workout class and I've just ordered chinese. I only have 3 of my dailies left and it hasn't arrived yet, and have used 24 of my weeklies already (since Wednesday). This is going to take me over my weeklies and i'm only in my second day. Oh. Dear. I had veg chopped to boil but this has now taken place :confused::(:(:confused::mad:.. But I want it so am kind of not feeling bad about it too? ????

I will have to excercise like crazy for the rest of the week to try undo this. It feels funny to say but in a weird way I feel almost relieved to get this out of the way early in my week - as silly and as judtificationy-ish as that may sound! I am going to point it now before it arrives at least that way I will be mindful of what i'm doing and maybe limit the damage, but I feel like i'm having a lapse here. Slightly scary but also feel like it's a bit of a treat for myself. Just hope I don't use that excuse much more for food related things as I want to treat myself in other ways. I ordered chicken balls...sauces.. and a spring roll. *sigh*. Diet 7up, and boiled rice make it ok though ....right??? RIGHT??? :(:rolleyes: Agh. I better go point before it arrives anyway. Feckit - gonna enjoy it.

Ok have worked out the points. This is putting me over by 31 points in the week. Have 6 activity points banked so far since Weds, so will need to earn 25 throughout the week to try cancel this one out! Have 3 Couch to 5 k's scheduled, and I point those at 3 each. That leaves about 16. Anyone know any AMAZING activities to gain 16 activity points? Skipping rope? Aqua fit or similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I don't think that's right. I can't remember exactly, but I remember discovering that filo pastry wasn't the miracle id originally thought! I have a feeling it's 3 or 4 pp per sheet.

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    I don't think that's right. I can't remember exactly, but I remember discovering that filo pastry wasn't the miracle id originally thought! I have a feeling it's 3 or 4 pp per sheet.

Sorry you're right just took the box out to double check. Its 3 per sheet. Ive definitely under tracked that this week :(

Advertisement