Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jlm29 wrote: »
    I don't think that's right. I can't remember exactly, but I remember discovering that filo pastry wasn't the miracle id originally thought! I have a feeling it's 3 or 4 pp per sheet.

Looks like I will be staying away from filo pastry then. thanks for the info:)

Got fish and chips and kebabs for the family last night and I am so sorry I had it because the grease seems to be lodged on my stomach this morning:( I don't think I will be doing that again and the dog will be getting the leftovers which used to never happen. Going to a dinner and dance tonight so I will try and drink lots of water and eat lightly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

metime wrote: »
    I'm on a mission to sabotage myself tonight it seems. I skipped my workout class and I've just ordered chinese. I only have 3 of my dailies left and it hasn't arrived yet, and have used 24 of my weeklies already (since Wednesday). This is going to take me over my weeklies and i'm only in my second day. Oh. Dear. I had veg chopped to boil but this has now taken place :confused::(:(:confused::mad:.. But I want it so am kind of not feeling bad about it too? ????

I will have to excercise like crazy for the rest of the week to try undo this. It feels funny to say but in a weird way I feel almost relieved to get this out of the way early in my week - as silly and as judtificationy-ish as that may sound! I am going to point it now before it arrives at least that way I will be mindful of what i'm doing and maybe limit the damage, but I feel like i'm having a lapse here. Slightly scary but also feel like it's a bit of a treat for myself. Just hope I don't use that excuse much more for food related things as I want to treat myself in other ways. I ordered chicken balls...sauces.. and a spring roll. *sigh*. Diet 7up, and boiled rice make it ok though ....right??? RIGHT??? :(:rolleyes: Agh. I better go point before it arrives anyway. Feckit - gonna enjoy it.

Ok have worked out the points. This is putting me over by 31 points in the week. Have 6 activity points banked so far since Weds, so will need to earn 25 throughout the week to try cancel this one out! Have 3 Couch to 5 k's scheduled, and I point those at 3 each. That leaves about 16. Anyone know any AMAZING activities to gain 16 activity points? Skipping rope? Aqua fit or similar?

If I had got here in time I would have told you to half the chinese and have the rest during the week using your dailies so you wouldn't be over your weekly points! But not to worry, what's done is done and you are aware of it. :)

Would you try a filling and healthy day to get back on track and not use as many points? Fill up on as much low/zero pp items as you can so you'll feel full and satisfied (and very healthy!), and give the pp-heavy items a miss for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I was so close to goal last week. WI yesterday and I'm up 1. Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, but I'm still really disappointed. I would enjoy Christmas much more if I could be on maintenance.

My family is "concerned" about my weight loss, so they like to keep bringing it up, saying how they think I should stop, saying I'm too thin etc. which imo is just as unsupportive as when they'd tell me I'd need to lose weight to look good in a dress. So I'm worried what they'll do over the holidays in terms of pushing food on me. It's making me less dedicated too even though I'm now only 2.5 to goal. :(

On a happier note though, WW put up a recipe for 4 pp mince pies the other day on facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

@Keesa

There's only one word to describe that kind of behaviour, and it's jealousy. Even though they are your family and they love you, the fact that you have lost weight now highlights that they are also capable of losing weight (and maybe they should). Your 'thin' friends are no longer the only healthy ones. Your unmotivated family members are jealous they don't have the drive and motivation you do. It's not pretty, but it's true. I'm sure they are happy for you, but sometimes their own insecurities get the better of them.

You will get to goal and you will feel absolutely great. All you need is a small push and you have done what millions of people fail to do. Well done! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey every one, rejoined weight watchers again after having a baby 4 months ago lost 4.5 on my first week so very happy with that :D esp as I am feeding the baby myself and have 14 extra pp was so afraid I would not see a loss at all.

I am planning on not putting up over christmas have my christmas dinner worked out all ready and will track everything want to get a good head start on shifting this weight as I head in to the new year :)

keesa wrote: »
    I was so close to goal last week. WI yesterday and I'm up 1. Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, but I'm still really disappointed. I would enjoy Christmas much more if I could be on maintenance.

My family is "concerned" about my weight loss, so they like to keep bringing it up, saying how they think I should stop, saying I'm too thin etc. which imo is just as unsupportive as when they'd tell me I'd need to lose weight to look good in a dress. So I'm worried what they'll do over the holidays in terms of pushing food on me. It's making me less dedicated too even though I'm now only 2.5 to goal. :(

On a happier note though, WW put up a recipe for 4 pp mince pies the other day on facebook :)

Hi Keesa, Don't be too disappointed it's a hard time of year to lose weight, please keep going because you are doing so well and you will be on maintenance after christmas even if it takes two or three weeks to get there. As far as your family is concerned don't mind them I have family and friends like that and I have stopped discussing my weight loss with them altogether.

Enjoy the 4 pp mince pies:)

Baby75 wrote: »
    Hey every one, rejoined weight watchers again after having a baby 4 months ago lost 4.5 on my first week so very happy with that :D esp as I am feeding the baby myself and have 14 extra pp was so afraid I would not see a loss at all.

I am planning on not putting up over christmas have my christmas dinner worked out all ready and will track everything want to get a good head start on shifting this weight as I head in to the new year :)

Hi Baby 75, 4.5lb was a great loss for your first week back and fair play to you for joining back this near christmas. It's great to see new motivation on the site:)

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Baby 75, 4.5lb was a great loss for your first week back and fair play to you for joining back this near christmas. It's great to see new motivation on the site:)

Thanks so much, I have been told I am mad for going back now and to wait till new year but I said no, I need to start now, I need to go to the class weigh in to keep me on track and I did not want to rejoin in the newyear with even more weigh to lose

I am enjoying it so far, I am looking forward to cooking new recipies, I made the bananna pancakes yesterday and kept some for this morning yummy

I notice I need to watch my portion size and now weigh my pasta and rice and noodles need to get some smaller plates though :)

good luck everyone this week

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Baby75 wrote: »

Welcome back and congrats on the baby. You're dead right to come back now because if you didn't, you could have another 7lbs on top to lose!!

I took a peek at the scales today and I'm so close to that silver seven. Would have loved to get it tomorrow but don't think I will. As long as I get a loss I'll be happy!

• Advertisement

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Welcome back and congrats on the baby. You're dead right to come back now because if you didn't, you could have another 7lbs on top to lose!!

I took a peek at the scales today and I'm so close to that silver seven. Would have loved to get it tomorrow but don't think I will. As long as I get a loss I'll be happy!

Hi Duffy, Glad to see that you are back doing well again:) Hopefully you do get your silver seven tomorrow.x

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

I totally feel your pain here on the family side of things - mine are food pushers and very "ah sure it's grand" and telling me I look nice regardless of weight, even though it makes me miserable. I have been very clear that this is what I want to do and have come to the conclusion that me facing my weight demons is scary to them because they don't want to focus on their health because it suits them not to. Well that's how I see it anyway, I don't know how accurate taht is but that's what it feels like..

I have realised I must push on and let them at it and just make sure I take good care of myself. Whatever happens out of that will be right, because this is what I want to do. I may also prove them wrong, and look forward to climbing mountains. I will be sure to send a postcard home.

Best of luck with it over the Christmas anyway. I need to sit down and have a good talk with myself because I have lost sight a lot this week relating to points. Scary! Am sickeningly over my points for this week. And to top it off there is a family dinner tonight for my mums bday - though am at an advantage as I am the one cooking. Think I have decided on spaghetti bolognase with a gi-mungous salad for me and am gonna try get some of the lighter choices tesco garlic bread and just cook one stick of it to have a piece each. I heard pavlova is v.low in points so am thinking that with greek yoghurt and a heap of fruit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Foxed wrote: »
    @Keesa

There's only one word to describe that kind of behaviour, and it's jealousy. Even though they are your family and they love you, the fact that you have lost weight now highlights that they are also capable of losing weight (and maybe they should). Your 'thin' friends are no longer the only healthy ones. Your unmotivated family members are jealous they don't have the drive and motivation you do. It's not pretty, but it's true. I'm sure they are happy for you, but sometimes their own insecurities get the better of them.

You will get to goal and you will feel absolutely great. All you need is a small push and you have done what millions of people fail to do. Well done! :)

Amazingly said - I definitely agree. And I must say that I admire your clarity! This is what I thought too, but wouldn't have a clue how to express it that clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrs_Crabapple

Anyone know the propoints for 100g of mince raw? Its not lean mince but its cooked on the george foreman so a lot of fat drips out, Im a bit stumped! Also anyone know how to propoint gravy made from the fat of the bird? Its not in the little green book so I googled but found nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Hi everyone! :) I'm thinking of joing weight watchers in Jan. Have a wedding in September and need to lose a couple of stone before I can even think of showing my face! Honestly though what kind of results have people seen? Would I have to join a gym to get any good out of it or would a walk/run outside be sufficient? :)
    Oh also is it possible to change between meetings? I'll be living in Galway for the first half of Jan and then moving to Westmeath for work so is it possible to join in one county but then continue classes in another?

martinak89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! :) I'm thinking of joing weight watchers in Jan. Have a wedding in September and need to lose a couple of stone before I can even think of showing my face! Honestly though what kind of results have people seen? Would I have to join a gym to get any good out of it or would a walk/run outside be sufficient? :)
    Oh also is it possible to change between meetings? I'll be living in Galway for the first half of Jan and then moving to Westmeath for work so is it possible to join in one county but then continue classes in another?

Technically you don't have to do any exercise to lose weight on the plan. However exercise can help with results on the scales and it's also good for your body in general. I do walking and started the couch to 5 k programme. You definitely don't need to join a gym. You can attend meetings anywhere in Ireland. You just use your same card.

Honestly if you think you can go it alone then I would start by learning about nutrition and healthy eating. If you're like me and need the structure of a weekly weigh in, then I would say definitely join. Good luck :)

Technically you don't have to do any exercise to lose weight on the plan. However exercise can help with results on the scales and it's also good for your body in general. I do walking and started the couch to 5 k programme. You definitely don't need to join a gym. You can attend meetings anywhere in Ireland. You just use your same card.

Honestly if you think you can go it alone then I would start by learning about nutrition and healthy eating. If you're like me and need the structure of a weekly weigh in, then I would say definitely join. Good luck :)

Oh no trust me I need the structure of the weekly weigh in :P Im terrible when left on my own to do things! Thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Just calculated the points for Papa John's veggie pizza medium size....

42..... FORTY TWO POINTS!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah :eek:

I got my silver seven :D I was so happy as I wasn't sure if I would get it. It'll be a great motivator for the Christmas as it took me so long to get it, I don't want to lose it! Aiming for some form of loss first weigh in back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Just to answer the results side of the question. That depends on your dedication, start weight, metabolism, exercise etc, but you could probably expect to lose an average of 2 pounds per week. But you can be higher, it tends to taper off as the weight comes off. But as an example- I joined start of August, and I'm almost 2 stone down. I'd be more if I stopped pigging out over the last month or so though!

If you're joining in Galway city, go to Siobhains classes. She's on francis st on tuesday evening, and saturday mornings. She's amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

If you're joining in Galway city, go to Siobhains classes. She's on francis st on tuesday evening, and saturday mornings. She's amazing.

Siobhan's not doing her Tuesday class any more in January! Hilda's taking over from her. I found out last night in class. She's still doing Saturday mornings though.

Hi Martina, You can get great results if you follow the plan and you don't need to join a gym, a walk or run would be sufficient.. You can also go to any meeting once you have your smart card. It took me a while to get into it but from last april/may I started losing weight and now I have lost over 2 and half stone and I am not a member of any gym but I walk most days and when I can I do boxercise with an exercise dvd.

Good luck on your journey:)

Thats brilliant to hear! I was dreading having to fork out for a gym membership :P I have an exercise DVD "30 day shred" so looking forward to starting that :D
    Unfortunately it's not Galway city that Ill be going to class in :P Just one of the small towns ^_^

Just calculated the points for Papa John's veggie pizza medium size....

42..... FORTY TWO POINTS!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah :eek:

holy crap on a stick lol glad I am not a huge pizza lover :eek:
    I got my silver seven :D I was so happy as I wasn't sure if I would get it. It'll be a great motivator for the Christmas as it took me so long to get it, I don't want to lose it! Aiming for some form of loss first weigh in back :)

congrats and well done, I am hoping I get mine after christmas I think I can do it :)

weigh in tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Only half up, I'm actually delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Only half up, I'm actually delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Another 2 down this week :) delighted! Didn't expect it after a big loss last week.
    Aiming to lose 5 now over the 3 weeks at Christmas, feeling very motivated at the mo so it feels like that will be easily done! :)

Half pound down today and am happy with that because it's my time of the month.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

honeygirl wrote: »
    Half pound down today and am happy with that because it's my time of the month.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Well done honeygirl, you're doing great!
    I love hearing about your losses because you always have such a positive attitude and it's great to know it pays off :)

• Advertisement

Well done honeygirl and jubella :)

I am down 1 pound yay hoping when I go back in new year I get my first silver 7 :)

Advertisement