Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I had a total blowout last weekend as I was away for four days. Throughout those days I seemed to lose complete control of my eating. I ordered a dessert everywhere we went (sometimes it added up to 3 slices of cake per day), burgers and fries for dinner etc., however I managed to avoid alcohol somehow. I felt terrible when I arrived home as I felt like a balloon. I genuinely think I put on 4/5 lbs during those 4 days.

So since Monday I have been back on track and sticking to my points each day. My WI is on Monday and I am praying to STS although I don't even think this is possible? I amn't touching my 49 weeklies this week as a result of last week's bingefest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hi all, atrocious week for me here. Started with a Chinese takeaway and downhill from there. There has been a box of after 8s a couple of fudge bars, general just being over my points every day, late night toast and jam, then to top it off last night I ordered four star pizza. Few other hiccups during the week - nothing dreadful other than the two takeaways (still smaller than previously woujkd have had), but there was also 2 cans fizzy drinks, a couple of biscuits, very poor tracking and some cinema popcorn and jellies. The four star was a 7" but got the feckin glaarlic pizza bread too, killer. I've missed all ww classes I can get to except one which I'd need to leave for in the next few minutes. I am very tempted not to go I as I dno t want to be told I put on weight lol. Dunno what happened this week. Better leggit for bus anyway Fingers crossed for a miracle.

Getting re inspired by the weight loss updates from revisiting here- I think I will get bk on track after tonight's meeting, it is so worth it, can't do that to myself esp as was doing so well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

metime wrote: »
    Hi all, atrocious week for me here. Started with a Chinese takeaway and downhill from there. There has been a box of after 8s a couple of fudge bars, general just being over my points every day, late night toast and jam, then to top it off last night I ordered four star pizza. Few other hiccups during the week - nothing dreadful other than the two takeaways (still smaller than previously woujkd have had), but there was also 2 cans fizzy drinks, a couple of biscuits, very poor tracking and some cinema popcorn and jellies. The four star was a 7" but got the feckin glaarlic pizza bread too, killer. I've missed all ww classes I can get to except one which I'd need to leave for in the next few minutes. I am very tempted not to go I as I dno t want to be told I put on weight lol. Dunno what happened this week. Better leggit for bus anyway Fingers crossed for a miracle.

Getting re inspired by the weight loss updates from revisiting here- I think I will get bk on track after tonight's meeting, it is so worth it, can't do that to myself esp as was doing so well!!!

Go it will be much harder to get back on track if you don't! It may not be as bad as you think :)

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I had a total blowout last weekend as I was away for four days. Throughout those days I seemed to lose complete control of my eating. I ordered a dessert everywhere we went (sometimes it added up to 3 slices of cake per day), burgers and fries for dinner etc., however I managed to avoid alcohol somehow. I felt terrible when I arrived home as I felt like a balloon. I genuinely think I put on 4/5 lbs during those 4 days.

So since Monday I have been back on track and sticking to my points each day. My WI is on Monday and I am praying to STS although I don't even think this is possible? I amn't touching my 49 weeklies this week as a result of last week's bingefest :(

Do you weigh in at home? Just checking because all Weight Watcher classes finished up this week just in case you didn't realise. We all have weeks like that and the 4/5lbs gain is most likely water weight. Start by taking it a day at a time. Get up tomorrow in a positive mood and set out to be good. You will be less likely to cave if you do this. Plan out your meals up until Tuesday and try and stick to it. Beating yourself up over it won't change the past just keep working towards the end goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

This week is the last week so for wi you've til Saturday. I am so scared for mine. Still not back on track. one day home and I'm already failing. Christmas is going to ruin me! I'll have to start again!

• Advertisement

I went to WI, really wasn't going to bother as was positive I would be up after the week I had. Was expecting a gain of at least 2lb tbh.
    Low and behold, I was frickin DOWN a pound!!! Could. not. believe. it. Am so so glad i went, particulary as it was before the break ...and it proved my negative thinking WRONG :-D

i an so thankful for the comment that was replied straight after my post earlier saying that it might not be as bad as i imagine - held that in my mind and it got me out the door! So thanks for that :-)

I realised on my walk home that I had maybe not been as bad I thought I had been. I had a few hiccups and very high fat things during the week, like four star pizza, cinema popcorn and chinese as well as a rake load of fudge bars n not much water. Though I overlooked all my exercise, my smaller plates and portions, my better breakfasts, the increase in fruit and veg in my weeks, and the smoothies .

Had I not gone i definitely would have spiralled out of control THINKING that I was mad over. I can pretty much guarantee I would have gotten an Indian tonight. So so glad I went in the end. Got at least a 3mile walk in too, and even went for a swim.
    It was my lack of tracking and planning that fecked me up. Lesson learned. Wasn't given a tracker tonight and only realised on my way home- but will keep note of the Christmas in my phone or maybe a notebook.
    Looking forward to reading bk over everyone's posters for the week now, hope ye are all getting on well :-)
    And, thanks for the encouragement!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Looks like I will be staying away from filo pastry then. thanks for the info:)

Me too - thanks for the clarification!

Foxed wrote: »
    If I had got here in time I would have told you to half the chinese and have the rest during the week using your dailies so you wouldn't be over your weekly points! But not to worry, what's done is done and you are aware of it. :)

Would you try a filling and healthy day to get back on track and not use as many points? Fill up on as much low/zero pp items as you can so you'll feel full and satisfied (and very healthy!), and give the pp-heavy items a miss for a few days.

Thank you :-) I ateded it all. Lol. And had a leftover spring roll for breakfast, #noshame #gack #durteh. . Have yet to try a filling and healthy day, actually - I will need to root out the book. I like the idea if that a lot - pointing the crap stuff rather than everything seems easier too, especially since my fruit and veg intake has skyrocketed!

Hmm, I have heard at meetings it being said that it will be mostly filling and healthy in the new year- has anyone got more info on that?

martinak89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! :) I'm thinking of joing weight watchers in Jan. Have a wedding in September and need to lose a couple of stone before I can even think of showing my face! Honestly though what kind of results have people seen? Would I have to join a gym to get any good out of it or would a walk/run outside be sufficient? :)
    Oh also is it possible to change between meetings? I'll be living in Galway for the first half of Jan and then moving to Westmeath for work so is it possible to join in one county but then continue classes in another?

I would say if you are even thinking about it just go for it, I dilly dallied about it in mY head for months before signing up in mid November. I have since lost over 11pounds I think and am just raging I didn't start sooner!! It is very good to keep you in the mind frame, going every week. I say go for it, make the wedding your goal, give yourself the best present possible this Christmas and make the decision to become the you you know you are on the outside...then show everyone at the wedding ;-)
    We'll all be here to cheer you along too! For example,
    If you start Jan, and wedding is in sep, and u stick to it and lose 1lb average per week - that is a massive loss by sep! 36lbs, nearly 3 stone. If you add exercise to that you might even lose more, and add a sexy goal dress to that there'll be no stopping ya!! Best of luck with it anyway let us know if hya have any questions.

I have around 4 more stone to lose mysekf :-)

Just calculated the points for Papa John's veggie pizza medium size....

42..... FORTY TWO POINTS!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah :eek:

Feck that!
    I havent had it since was last on ww but i remember Marks and Spencer's did a nice pizza in the count on us range. Think it was 10 points? That can't be right, can it? Will stick my head in next time I'm near to check anyway and will let yiz know.. Its a mushroom pizza if I remember correctly.

Eh and, fromage frais is mY new best friend, BTW. 500g tesco one is 0.5pp....per 100grams! That's a whole tub for 2,5!!! Add some garlic, lemon, black pepper....amazing dip LOADS of it like. Doritos mild salsa is also 0pp ...,...yom

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    This week is the last week so for wi you've til Saturday. I am so scared for mine. Still not back on track. one day home and I'm already failing. Christmas is going to ruin me! I'll have to start again!

Christmas will not ruin you! Christmas is one day, make good decisions where you can and keep your goals in mind - hopefully will keep you right!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

metime wrote: »
    Hmm, I have heard at meetings it being said that it will be mostly filling and healthy in the new year- has anyone got more info on that?

Our leader said there will be new books and a menu plan in January. I was a bit nervous when I heard that so I asked if the points for foods will be changing, and she said they won't. She didn't explain anything to us in detail, but she said there will be a filling and healthy meal plan for newcomers because the pp system can be hard for them to grasp at first (I agree), then as people become more confident they can "branch out" and point items as we do now.

I just hope we'll still have the choice to use our daily points as normal!

BTW... Steer clear of Caffrey's teacakes! They are 2 pp each which I thought was great compared to Tunnock's which are 3pp... but it turns out they are TINY and contain cocaine or some other addictive substance (very yummy). :mad:

Well done on the losses everyone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

....there's a box of celebrations on my desk....willpower wavering!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Do you weigh in at home? Just checking because all Weight Watcher classes finished up this week just in case you didn't realise. We all have weeks like that and the 4/5lbs gain is most likely water weight. Start by taking it a day at a time. Get up tomorrow in a positive mood and set out to be good. You will be less likely to cave if you do this. Plan out your meals up until Tuesday and try and stick to it. Beating yourself up over it won't change the past just keep working towards the end goal :)

Hi Duffy

I attend the classes. Our leader has arranged for a WI on Monday. There won't be a class though, just the WI :)

I've been eating very well since Monday, porridge or eggs in the mornings, meat/salad for lunch, and omelettes/soup/stir-fries for dinner with fruit as my snack in between meals.

It's amazing how much weight you can put on in 4 days! Dreading Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jubella wrote: »
    Well done honeygirl, you're doing great!
    I love hearing about your losses because you always have such a positive attitude and it's great to know it pays off :)

Aw thanks very much for saying that, you are so nice:) I think my weight loss has slowed down an awful lot lately but maybe thats because I am down to the last stone and they say that comes off slower. You seem to be motoring along and doing brilliantly.... Maybe we can all motivate each other over the christmas holidays.:)

keesa wrote: »

Hi Keesa, I am very worried about the christmas holidays aswell because I have had a few days that I have really gone off track already but it will not ruin you and it certainly won't ruin me. You have worked and fought so hard to get that weight off and you wont want the weight back so you will see your willpower kicking in over the christmas. At the worst you might have a few pounds to lose but you always seem so motivated so I would bet that you will lose a couple over christmas and have a loss when you go back:)

Remember just keep saying onwards and downwards to yourself!

Foxed wrote: »
    Our leader said there will be new books and a menu plan in January. I was a bit nervous when I heard that so I asked if the points for foods will be changing, and she said they won't. She didn't explain anything to us in detail, but she said there will be a filling and healthy meal plan for newcomers because the pp system can be hard for them to grasp at first (I agree), then as people become more confident they can "branch out" and point items as we do now.

I just hope we'll still have the choice to use our daily points as normal!

BTW... Steer clear of Caffrey's teacakes! They are 2 pp each which I thought was great compared to Tunnock's which are 3pp... but it turns out they are TINY and contain cocaine or some other addictive substance (very yummy). :mad:

Well done on the losses everyone! :)

My leader was talking about the new plan yesterday and I am a bit worried about it too.. Ah sure like everything else I suppose we will get used to it:)

....there's a box of celebrations on my desk....willpower wavering!

Hi dottie, I hope your willpower stayed strong:)

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Hi Duffy

I attend the classes. Our leader has arranged for a WI on Monday. There won't be a class though, just the WI :)

I've been eating very well since Monday, porridge or eggs in the mornings, meat/salad for lunch, and omelettes/soup/stir-fries for dinner with fruit as my snack in between meals.

It's amazing how much weight you can put on in 4 days! Dreading Monday!

Oh really that's so good of your leader. Where's your class? Is she just doing it for her members or could an outsider go? I could really use a weigh in next week as if the last two days are anything to go by then the next 2 weeks are going to be tough!
    honeygirl wrote: »
    My leader was talking about the new plan yesterday and I am a bit worried about it too.. Ah sure like everything else I suppose we will get used to it:)

Its called Simple Start. It is basically filling and healthy but with a few twists. If you type into Google 'weight watchers simple start slice of slim' and click the Hot off the press link, it will give you an explanation of it. Propoints will still exist. New members will start with the Simple Start plan and then switch to propoints later if they wish. Current members can choose which plan they follow. My leader said she did it for 10 days and lost 3lbs so I'm looking forward to it!

Oh really that's so good of your leader. Where's your class? Is she just doing it for her members or could an outsider go? I could really use a weigh in next week as if the last two days are anything to go by then the next 2 weeks are going to be tough!

Its called Simple Start. It is basically filling and healthy but with a few twists. If you type into Google 'weight watchers simple start slice of slim' and click the Hot off the press link, it will give you an explanation of it. Propoints will still exist. New members will start with the Simple Start plan and then switch to propoints later if they wish. Current members can choose which plan they follow. My leader said she did it for 10 days and lost 3lbs so I'm looking forward to it!
    Phew, that linkhas put my mind at ease, I remember my disappointment/ disorientation when points became pro points and was dreading something radical, but I can cope with that!!

• Advertisement

Phew, that linkhas put my mind at ease, I remember my disappointment/ disorientation when points became pro points and was dreading something radical, but I can cope with that!!

I was the same when propoints came in I struggled. That became my excuse for why I wasn't losing weight. I'm going to give it a go though as I spent all of 2013 faffing around with propoints that I feel my body needs a kick. I like how it'll have 2 treats incorporated into it as that was my downfall in filling and healthy! You have no weeklies either which could be good as I tend to use them on too much crap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Haven't looked at the ins and outs but I am thinking of giving the new plan a go. I've got 10.5lbs left to goal and I feel like I'm sort of stuck in a rut or something.

Thanks Duffy, you have made me feel a little more at ease about it. When our leader mentioned it the other day she didn't go into much detail.

Haven't looked at the ins and outs but I am thinking of giving the new plan a go. I've got 10.5lbs left to goal and I feel like I'm sort of stuck in a rut or something.

It will come off eventually.. The last few pounds are always so slow to come off so don't despair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah I'm trying not to get disheartened, I've had 10 - 10.5lbs to go for a couple of months, I'm at a bit of a stand still.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Some great inspirational posts here. I'm on my 4th week now & down 6.5 lbs. I'm not liking no weigh in til 7th Jan though, thats a big gap! I intend sticking to my points throughout christmas because its taken me 12 months to get my head in the right place to even start WW so not going to let 1 day get in the way! I'm having dinner at my mums so am planning on avoiding mashed potato & having 2 small roast potatoes. How many propoints would that be? I'll have 4 veg & a slice of turkey & ham & 2 tablespoons of gravy too. What would that work out as?
    Also if anyone has any low point dessert ideas cos if i dont plan i'll end up eating trifle & xmas pudding! Off now to make more soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done on the loss so far Tiger! Sounds like you have loads of motivation going in to the break. Keep it up. :)

1 medium roast potato (85g) is 4 points
    2 slices of turkey (60g) is 3pp
    1 slice of ham (35g) is 1pp
    1 teaspoon of gravy granules is 1pp

I hope that helps.

==

Thanks for the heads up about that blog Duffy. That has definitely set my mind at ease. Nobody likes forced change, so at least we'll have a choice!

Just a tip that might help people, I find after a meal I tend to crave something sweet and I don't feel full until I have it (years of bad habits obviously catching up!) but I've started to have a cup of peppermint tea now after meals, its sweet enough on its own, and its also v good for digestion, and can reduce bloating! its so refreshing and it has the added benefit of not really being able to eat anything after having mint, as the flavour is so strong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Just a tip that might help people, I find after a meal I tend to crave something sweet and I don't feel full until I have it (years of bad habits obviously catching up!) but I've started to have a cup of peppermint tea now after meals, its sweet enough on its own, and its also v good for digestion, and can reduce bloating! its so refreshing and it has the added benefit of not really being able to eat anything after having mint, as the flavour is so strong!

I love peppermint tea but I also love roasted butternut squash esp with a sunday roast.

I have my christmas dinner all worked out, I thought this was great for if your cooking your self like I am http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=4&art_id=210031

but saw a great recipe for mash potatoes that looks tasty and may save on pp just use low fat creme fachie instead of butter and milk http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/garlic-herb-mash

hoping to get out for a good walk christmas eve, get the kids nice and tired and a good healthy walk :)

• Advertisement

Just saw this on the WW website. There's a few classes over the Christmas. I think it may be my saving grace! I know some people might see this as obsessive but I have spent all of 2013 faffing around and I really did let my weight get in the way of my life so enough is enough. I'll gladly go over the Christmas if it stops me putting on weight!

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/getting-started/class-times.html

Advertisement