Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Just saw this on the WW website. There's a few classes over the Christmas. I think it may be my saving grace! I know some people might see this as obsessive but I have spent all of 2013 faffing around and I really did let my weight get in the way of my life so enough is enough. I'll gladly go over the Christmas if it stops me putting on weight!

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/getting-started/class-times.html[/QUOTE]
    Wish there was one in cork, my class is back tues the 7th so no point going to the one on the 4th. Christmas eve would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Just a tip that might help people, I find after a meal I tend to crave something sweet and I don't feel full until I have it (years of bad habits obviously catching up!) but I've started to have a cup of peppermint tea now after meals, its sweet enough on its own, and its also v good for digestion, and can reduce bloating! its so refreshing and it has the added benefit of not really being able to eat anything after having mint, as the flavour is so strong!

I always fancy something sweet late at night and have actually just yesterday bniught a really sweet smelling tea in Holland and barrat to try avoid doing that and using up points Willy nilly. I have yet to try it but it smells divine, it is called night time by the yogi brand.
    Speaking of peppermint tea, saw a massive box of it in lidl . did not see the price but it was the twjngi GS one and much bigger than the normal 20 or 40 pack. Prob very good value. Must get back into the tea myself, great for reducing caffeine intake and increasing water too , as well as the added benefits of the herbs and spices!

Anyone have any idea how I. Ightpoint a cardamon baklawa from a sweet stall at a market? It has syrup on it, pastry, nuts etc. I'm thinking 10 just to make sure its covered. Also - govindas veg. Restaraunt, any ideas how to point it? I guess I need to ask more about what the food is and that would help. So eti as it is hardd as there is so much on offer there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Just saw this on the WW website. There's a few classes over the Christmas. I think it may be my saving grace! I know some people might see this as obsessive but I have spent all of 2013 faffing around and I really did let my weight get in the way of my life so enough is enough. I'll gladly go over the Christmas if it stops me putting on weight!

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/getting-started/class-times.html

Hi Duffy, I wouldn't see it as obsessive, I would see it as doing what it takes to keep the weight off and if I could get to one of the classes I would. One of my little elves doesn't travel very well so I won't be able to get to any of the extra classes and will have to work at it at home and hope for the best:)
    Mind you I have fallen off the wagon a few times this weekend already:p

Thanks for posting the link:)

Wondering how ye are all managing the clothes side of this? I've a fair amount of bits here I wear out of habit and necessity and it is a bit scary to get rid of them as making commitment not to fully arse up my weightyloss commitment! Have ye gotten rid of much, are you taking things in? Wearing them baggy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

metime wrote: »
    Wondering how ye are all managing the clothes side of this? I've a fair amount of bits here I wear out of habit and necessity and it is a bit scary to get rid of them as making commitment not to fully arse up my weightyloss commitment! Have ye gotten rid of much, are you taking things in? Wearing them baggy?

I still wear a lot of my tops, a lot are quite loose in style so they're still grand. I've needed all new trousers and skirts though. They are far too loose on me now. My old ones went in the bin! A lot of my dresses are too big now and they've been thrown out but I have a few still that are ok on me! I'm getting vouchers for Christmas, so will be doing a lot of new clothes shopping :) I kind of want to wait a month or so though... I'm half way between 2 dress sizes at the mo and it would be lovely if I could go shopping for the smaller size!

Hi Metime, I have got rid of a fair few things and plan to clear a lot more out of my wardrobe in the next few weeks. Like Jubella I am between sizes at the moment and hope to go shopping for the smaller size in the New Year:) I do have a few nice pieces that I intend to get taken in aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've gotten rid of literally all my clothes and gotten new ones at this point.. I think it was the only way I could make sure I didn't feck things up!

Feeling quite down this evening and have realised a huge trigger of mine, which I am happy to realise - but it is difficult too :-(. At least now I think i've identified why I eat so much after 8pm.

Don't know what to do about it other than move out of my house, as it feels like it is the only way to solve - and this is not possible at the moment. Feeling a bit stuck and upset and like i'm never going to keep the weight off right now, and I just want to order food and stuff my face.

I'm over my points again the last 2 days. Only by a couple today but had a load of biscuits last night.

My parents are having chinese, again tonight. Feeling hopeless and really missing the meeting which didn't happen last week for some reason; we had our Weigh in but there was no meeting.

Sigh.

Feeling quite down this evening and have realised a huge trigger of mine, which I am happy to realise - but it is difficult too :-(. At least now I think i've identified why I eat so much after 8pm.

Don't know what to do about it other than move out of my house, as it feels like it is the only way to solve - and this is not possible at the moment. Feeling a bit stuck and upset and like i'm never going to keep the weight off right now, and I just want to order food and stuff my face.

I'm over my points again the last 2 days. Only by a couple today but had a load of biscuits last night.

My parents are having chinese, again tonight. Feeling hopeless and really missing the meeting which didn't happen last week for some reason; we had our Weigh in but there was no meeting.

Sigh.

Hi Metime, I have only just read your post and feel so sorry that you were that upset and feeling that stuck last night because you are usually so positive, I hope you stayed strong in the end. Losing weight is very hard and it doesn't help when there are other people who are not very supportive around you. You have been doing so well so far and should be proud of yourself! There will be times when you just want to give up but just keep trying and think of how good you will look in the end. Remember a size smaller tastes better then any takeaway!

Hope you feel better today:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Sigh.
    metime, I feel your pain, I've had a disasterous few days... my will power did not defeat the celebrations (or the roses) and I half felt like giving up, I've a cold so I haven't been to the gym, and obviously I haven't been out walking in that weather. I also avoided looking at this thread for a few days as I felt like I was so out sync with the whole thing. I'm already dreading the first weigh in after christmas :( I have tracked all the bad things, and that's been my only redemption so far. I'm just self sabotaging and its frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Guys, don't be too hard on yourself! It's Christmas, there is so much temptation around so of course it's going to be harder! Obviously try not to go mad on food & drink, but don't go into a guilt trip for having a couple of sweets. Everyone here is doing great and a couple of weeks at Christmas isn't going to ruin that - What will ruin it is if you let it get you down! Personally I was very relaxed about food at the weekend, and will be next weekend too. I'm going to enjoy myself but I'm all set to go hard at it again in the new year. Bought myself some new running gear and everything, and I actually can't wait to get out and turn up the effort again!

I'm not looking to lose X amount by X date, I'm looking to lose weight and keep it off as a lifestyle. One or two weeks of no weight loss at Christmas is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Hi all, In the last few days I have fallen off the wagon big style and have eaten all around me. Just had a look at the scales and they are 3 up:confused: hopefully just water weight (wishful thinking) or something like that:P Not going to worry anyway its christmas:) will pull it back later in the week and start to work at it again. Will start by going for a long walk tomorrow.. Hope everyone is enjoying the run up to christmas and hope you all have a good one.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

I read an article (which for the life of me can't find now ) that talked about scientific research that suggested that exercise over the Christmas for 45 minutes a day has a huge benefit in future weight loss even if you've put on weight over Christmas ....something to do with how the body metabolises fat after you put on weight.
    So even if your having a bad day or week food wise 45 mins brisk walking will stand to you when your back on the wagon in January ...get those boots on and go for it...;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

God only knows how many points I've eaten. I can barely move but I don't care. I'm enjoying my Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

keesa wrote: »
    God only knows how many points I've eaten. I can barely move but I don't care. I'm enjoying my Christmas!

Ditto!

I was feeling bad about it but then I saw my before picture in which I'm wearing a size 20 dress, and compared it to yesterday and the dress I wore is a 10 so I said "Feck it, I'm going to enjoy myself!" and at least now I know I have the strength to lose any weight I do put on in the next couple of days. Back to normal after tomorrow methinks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I'm like a dead whale on the couch here - Eaten so so much!! As the previous poster said .. it's nothing a few days of strict pointing won't fix. Merry Christmas guys and let the well deserved feast continue :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I let go, but I'm Ok with it now!!...god I love Quality St!!

...Deep Breath and back to pointing all in sight, must try and get out for a walk today too. I'll be slightly relieved to have a soup for lunch after the richness of foods I've been having, I'm craving something wholesome now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Glad to see the last few posts are positive!

Remember - its Christmas and your only eating food - not committing murder so leave the guilt t the door - it will only cause you to hate yourself and go around in circles and that's a slippery slope!

Nothing is permanent ... eat your food, enjoy it - its cultural, enjoy time spent with friends and loved ones and know that in a few days routine will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

After 3 days of eating, its time to get back on track. I was going to wait until Monday as I have another night out tomorrow along with a family dinner and then dinner out with friends on Sunday. I realised that I don't have to throw away a full day because of them. If I'm good in the morning and afternoon along with exercise then I'll limit the damage. I finally got back out doing the c25k and it felt so good. Looking forward to going again tomorrow. What I have to remember is that one day won't make me fat!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

still tracking away and still enjoying christmas :) hoping to go out walking tomorrow :) we had a good walk christmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

I got back on track yesterday and stuck to my points and I must say I'm really relieved.

I had a sad feeling at the back of my mind during the run up to Xmas that maybe I wouldn't be able to get back on track if I gorged myself (and then I gorged anyway). I was just eating for the sake of it over Xmas, because I could. I didn't really even enjoy the binging. I wasn't hungry, but I was going to have a teacake anyway. Then another. Then a few brownies. Stuffed? Who cares. Have another brownie. Thirsty? Why drink water when you can have crisps. It was as if I had been transported back in time, and I hated it. But I did it anyway.

I'm glad it's all over and I'm looking forward to WW starting back up now. Let's kick 2014 in the arse. :)

--

Well done on that Duffy! You've just inspired me to restart C25K too. :D

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all had a really really lovely time!
    I was eating all around me up until today and had whatever I wanted. There has been Christmas cupcakes for breakfast, coffee with cream, baileys, chocolates...seafood sauce...about a kilo of smoked salmon.. Oh lordy. Lol!!
    To think of the points makes me blush. I did not even try and track. Feeling a bit worried about gain but that's it now. Have about 1/4 bottle of Shloer, and 3/4s bottle of wine to finish and then that's pretty much all of my pointstastic things out of the house. Will be doing a fresh food shop then to roll me in to the new year and I too am going to go out for a couch 2 5k run today.

Am very excited to get back on track and as someone else has just said, kick 2014 in the arse :-) Well done on the hard work this year everyone ...roll on 2014! :-)

Baby75 wrote: »
    still tracking away and still enjoying christmas :) hoping to go out walking tomorrow :) we had a good walk christmas eve

sounds lovely! wish I had of tracked, tbh. Ended up eating loads i absolutely did not need or even really want!

Foxed wrote: »
    Why drink water when you can have crisps.

I laughed out loud at that. :-D
    Sounds like we had a similar time. Glad to reign it back in now - got a little out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 smileybee

Happy New Year everyone. I'm planning to get back into WW this year - I spent most of 2013 gaining and losing the same few pounds but I'm determined that this year will be the year I finally lose it all and keep it off. Just wanted to pass on a bit of a bargain I came across. Inspiring Ideas in Blanchardstown Centre is selling 4 different WW recipe books for 5e each. I don't have them handy to give the titles but they include a book on baking and one on speedy meals. The recipes are already propointed so its really handy. Each book is fairly thick so I got my workout in just carrying them home :)

I have had a great Christmas with lots and lots of food and drink:) but today I decided to get up on the scales and they said 5 pounds up:( So I am not putting the weight back on:confused: so I started back pointing and by god it has been hard especially when people take out the chocolates. Going to do boxercise and pump now. Hopefully when I step on the scales on the 9th of January there won't be too much damage done.:) Enjoy the rest of the holls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while but I've been working away at my classes etc but like everyone else I've had a few bad days but I'm getting back on track tomorrow. My only saving grace is the fact that I went back to the gym on the day they re-opened and I'm trying to get a workout in everyday to make up for any damage I may have done.

My question is this does anyone know if there is a class in Limerick next week? My own class is closed for 3 weeks and I really don't want to miss three weigh-ins as you can imagine. I did weigh in at home this week but I would prefer to weigh in at a class somewhere next week? Thanks in advance for any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while but I've been working away at my classes etc but like everyone else I've had a few bad days but I'm getting back on track tomorrow. My only saving grace is the fact that I went back to the gym on the day they re-opened and I'm trying to get a workout in everyday to make up for any damage I may have done.

My question is this does anyone know if there is a class in Limerick next week? My own class is closed for 3 weeks and I really don't want to miss three weigh-ins as you can imagine. I did weigh in at home this week but I would prefer to weigh in at a class somewhere next week? Thanks in advance for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Maybe an ironic time to post, amid Xmas festivities and all that, but here goes.

I'm late 20s female, always struggled with weight. Joined WW before and lost almost 2 stone but have put it back on. I still have all my info in a press somewhere so will reeducate myself and get back to it.

Any tips/advice? I have a lot to lose :-( I have zero will power and commute an hour each way to work so my bf generally makes dinner. Obviously I can control my portion sizes when I come home, and we don't have really unhealthy dinners but it's the part of the day where I won't fully have control of weighing/measuring/pointing. However I figure if I eat well and exercise well the rest of the time, I'll be okay.

Advertisement