Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Maybe an ironic time to post, amid Xmas festivities and all that, but here goes.

I'm late 20s female, always struggled with weight. Joined WW before and lost almost 2 stone but have put it back on. I still have all my info in a press somewhere so will reeducate myself and get back to it.

Any tips/advice? I have a lot to lose :-( I have zero will power and commute an hour each way to work so my bf generally makes dinner. Obviously I can control my portion sizes when I come home, and we don't have really unhealthy dinners but it's the part of the day where I won't fully have control of weighing/measuring/pointing. However I figure if I eat well and exercise well the rest of the time, I'll be okay.

the new simple start might suit you there is some information on it on the website now it starts the first week back in Jan, or would your boyfriend help you and change a little how he cooks to help you along

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Scales saying i'm up 3 this morning. Morto :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

metime wrote: »
    Scales saying i'm up 3 this morning. Morto :-(

Don't be morto just do what I am doing and get straight back into the exercise and pointing where you can. I know I will fall off the wagon again before the Christmas and New Year is finished but I still want to enjoy some of the yummy treats on offer so on certain days I am going to stick to my points and I will be exercising and walking and hopefully the damage won't be too bad when I go back.

You have to be able to enjoy yourself at times like this but once you pull back when the christmas is over that is what matters because it is a life change.

Maybe an ironic time to post, amid Xmas festivities and all that, but here goes.

I'm late 20s female, always struggled with weight. Joined WW before and lost almost 2 stone but have put it back on. I still have all my info in a press somewhere so will reeducate myself and get back to it.

Any tips/advice? I have a lot to lose :-( I have zero will power and commute an hour each way to work so my bf generally makes dinner. Obviously I can control my portion sizes when I come home, and we don't have really unhealthy dinners but it's the part of the day where I won't fully have control of weighing/measuring/pointing. However I figure if I eat well and exercise well the rest of the time, I'll be okay.

Hi, Go back to Weight Watchers in the New Year and get the books for their new plan. I went back to Weight Watchers in October 2012 and it took me until the April to really start losing the weight and I had about 4 stone to lose. I have over 2 and a half off now and like yourself I have times where I have no willpower and I really have to watch my portion sizes. Do your exercises and watch your portion sizes where you can and give yourself time to settle into it. You did it once and you will do it again. As for your boyfriend get him to learn the plan, my husband knows the points for a lot of things that we cook now. Come on to this site more often because the posters here have helped motivate me so much:).

Good luck on your weight loss journey.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

You could try cooking healthy meals in bulk at the weekend and freezing them to use during the week. Other than that, just make sure your boyfriend knows how important this is to you, and I'm sure he'll make an effort to make healthier dinners/smaller portions!

• Advertisement

i logged in just now to say...anyone whos reading this and still not tracking after the Christmas....DO IT! I wasn't until this morning, I feel a thousand times better knowing that i'm not gaining weight today. Simple as that. Follow the points, lose weight.

And i've even pointed for chocolate in my day, :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Well I let go spectacularly over the Christmas (So much for my 5lb loss goal!) but I actually don't mind at all. I had a great couple of weeks and even at that I didn't eat nearly as much as I would've last year. I found I get stuffed far easier these days!

I'm back into it today! Hopped on the scales this morning and by some miracle I'm only up half a pound - I don't weigh in until the 8th so I'm confident I can get even 1lb of loss since my last WI before then, which is a win in my eyes! I'm strangely excited to be back on track, and to have some sort of routine back in my life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

jubella wrote: »
    Well I let go spectacularly over the Christmas (So much for my 5lb loss goal!) but I actually don't mind at all. I had a great couple of weeks and even at that I didn't eat nearly as much as I would've last year. I found I get stuffed far easier these days!

I'm back into it today! Hopped on the scales this morning and by some miracle I'm only up half a pound - I don't weigh in until the 8th so I'm confident I can get even 1lb of loss since my last WI before then, which is a win in my eyes! I'm strangely excited to be back on track, and to have some sort of routine back in my life :)
    me too, I like the structure of my ordinary eating, rather than stumbling blindly from tin of roses to tin of quality street to cake.

Haven't braved the scales yet, I might get gutsy tomorrow and hop on so no idea yet of the damage!

jubella wrote: »

Jubella you are doing brilliantly:)
    me too, I like the structure of my ordinary eating, rather than stumbling blindly from tin of roses to tin of quality street to cake.

Haven't braved the scales yet, I might get gutsy tomorrow and hop on so no idea yet of the damage!

Dottie I hope the damage isn't too bad when you brave the scales but once you are pointing again it will be easily pulled back.

I have stuck to my 26 points for the last two days and I have to say its great to be back on track again:). Stood on the scales this morning and 2 of the 5 lb that I put up are gone. So I am feeling pretty happy and hopefully when I go back on the 9th I will be either the same or just 1 up so the damage won't be too bad.

I have to say coming on here has really helped me so thanks everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Hi all,
    I won't be able to get to any meetings for a few weeks however I would like to start as soon as I can in the new year and so I was wondering if there were any good digital scales that anyone would recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

My scales haven't moved but I can feel the weight so the damage must be bad enough! My scales aren't reliable at all. They're always about 6 out. I'm starting to point again on The 2nd when I go back to Dublin. I'll have control over my own food and I don't want to do it half heatedly.

Thinking of moving my meeting. Has anyone gone to the stillorgan Tuesday evening meetings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Just got in from work and thought feck it! Hopped on the scales...up 2 ...im happy enough with that next weigh in is next tuesday so now I have a target!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Oops the last few days have been my get back on track day, but unsuccessfully! I went to the shop and not only did I buy a load of fresh fruit and veg but also got myself a shiny new notebook to use as a tracker. Looking forward to getting back into it :)

Shhling the salter scales are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

I'm not back in ww til next tues so hopped on my own scales this morning & i'm down 2lbs since my last weigh in so very happy with that. I managed to track 95% of the time even if it was a case of putting down 10 quality street on stephens day eek! Ive got a spa week end in 3 weeks time with my mum & 3 sisters who are size 6, size 8 x 2 & size 10. And I'm a 16 :-( I should be excited but I'm dreading it. Its a good incentive but im still 4 stone heavier so whatever few lbs i lose before then wont make any difference because i'll still be huge next to them

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    I should be excited but I'm dreading it. Its a good incentive but im still 4 stone heavier so whatever few lbs i lose before then wont make any difference because i'll still be huge next to them

Aww I know it's hard Tiger, but don't ever compare yourself to others! Compare the new you to the old you. Just think about how much you would have weighed (and how must worse you would have felt) if you didn't join weight watchers and stick to it when you did. Look at how much weight you have lost. You have a lot to be proud of, and you'll get to a weight you are comfortable with in no time.

Enjoy the spa day, you certainly deserve it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

I'm up 13lb since the week before Christmas..mad ..still weigh 3 stone less then my heaviest ..head down now ..15 weeks till I'm 40...detriment to hit goal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I'm not back in ww til next tues so hopped on my own scales this morning & i'm down 2lbs since my last weigh in so very happy with that. I managed to track 95% of the time even if it was a case of putting down 10 quality street on stephens day eek! Ive got a spa week end in 3 weeks time with my mum & 3 sisters who are size 6, size 8 x 2 & size 10. And I'm a 16 :-( I should be excited but I'm dreading it. Its a good incentive but im still 4 stone heavier so whatever few lbs i lose before then wont make any difference because i'll still be huge next to them

well done :) and try not to think of that when you go to the spa you could still be closer to a 14 come your trip away and treat yourself to a nice swimsuit and dress to flatter your shape may be try toning exercises to help you feel better and be proud of what you have achieved :)

I have mostly good days as well tracked I would say 95% of the time so happy with that my sister and her boyfriend came down and I had 2 glasses of wine and some crisps so think that is the last of my 49 weeklies gone so have my dailys to see me throug till wi in on thursday well I hope my class starts back this thursday I really want to go.

wanted to get out for a walk today but weather is awful just can not bring my tiny baby out in it grrr think I will get on the cross trainer instead

Hi WhiteTiger, I know its hard and I have been in the same situation myself where all my friends were a size nothing and I was 16 to 18 and I really didn't want to be away on a weekend with them, but I did and I made them book again for the year after and when I go away in March I hope to be as small as the rest of them. As foxed says don't compare yourself to the others just go and enjoy and be proud of yourself because any weight loss is hard to achieve.

Well done on not only keeping the weight off over Christmas but for actually losing 2lb thats amazing you are doing so well.:) Enjoy your weekend:)

del88 wrote: »
    I'm up 13lb since the week before Christmas..mad ..still weigh 3 stone less then my heaviest ..head down now ..15 weeks till I'm 40...detriment to hit goal...

Hi del88, It is mad how easy the weight goes on and I know if I let myself go I could easily be up that much and more in a few days, considering I went up 5lb in the few days over christmas. Don't let it get you down and like you said keep going and the christmas weight will be gone by the end of January or before. 3 stone down is brilliant congrats on that:)

by some miracle I'm only up 1.5! I think stress is a big thing to keep weight off for me. I was really relaxed over Christmas and that must have saved me.

• Advertisement

Quick question here, My bottle of Bud Light has 82 cals, 2.3 carbs, 0.7 protein & 0 fibre. according to my ww calculator this is zero propoints or 1 propoint for 2 bottles if you double the values. Is this right???

Quick question here, My bottle of Bud Light has 82 cals, 2.3 carbs, 0.7 protein & 0 fibre. according to my ww calculator this is zero propoints or 1 propoint for 2 bottles if you double the values. Is this right???

No. Alcohol works differently. I don't have the list with me but I'd say 3 or 4? Can someone else help?
    Vodka points as 0 but is 3 per measure.

keesa wrote: »
    No. Alcohol works differently. I don't have the list with me but I'd say 3 or 4? Can someone else help?
    Vodka points as 0 but is 3 per measure.
    Ahhh I was wondering, good job I'd only 1 bottle then :D

Happy New year everyone! Great day to get back on track and think of where you want to be this time next year!

New year, new start! My weigh in is Tuesdays so I checked my scales yesterday. I was up 2lbs from when I weighed myself last Tuesday. So in total I am up 5lbs since my last official weigh in. Hoping to get those 5lbs and more gone by next Tuesday. Despite today's hangover, not doing too bad. Hope everyone had a great night last night. Don't bear yourself up too much about the Christmas. What's done is done and all you can do is start afresh today and keep trying. 2014 can be a great year but only if you make it a great year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy New Year one and all! New year, new start. My scales is different to the WW one but I think I've gained about 4-5lbs over Christmas. I won't regret it because I enjoyed it but it stops today. It's time to begin the journey to goal. This morning I went for a short walk to get back into the swing of things and I've got my tracker to hand. I'm back in control! I've got about a stone to go I think and I'm setting the end of March as my target. Bring it on! :D

Hi everyone, Happy New Year:) Well I started tracking and exercising again on the 28th and kept it up until yesterday afternoon, but the vodka got the better of me at a party last night and I wouldn't even try to point what I ate and drank:P. Feeling pretty hung over today but I am still within my points.. Will get back on track properly tomorrow:) Got so many compliments on the weight loss last night so that has spurred me on a little. Looking forward to getting back into it.

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Happy New Year:) Well I started tracking and exercising again on the 28th and kept it up until yesterday afternoon, but the vodka got the better of me at a party last night and I wouldn't even try to point what I ate and drank:P. Feeling pretty hung over today but I am still within my points.. Will get back on track properly tomorrow:) Got so many compliments on the weight loss last night so that has spurred me on a little. Looking forward to getting back into it.

I hear you on the vodka thing except mine was wine :rolleyes: The big multipack of Tayto has been calling me all day and of course I succumbed. I have kept track of it though and it can come from my weeklies. My week started today which means I have a fresh lot of weeklies but I hadn't intended on using them as I'd love to have my Christmas gain gone by weigh in. Well done on all the compliments. They definitely are the greatest motivator :)

One of my resolutions is to be more positive so while the Tayto got the better of me, I have taken it out of my weeklies rather than sacrificing my main meals for it. I also tried cauliflower for the first time today....it wasn't great but I didn't repulse at the taste of it so just going to keep having it in small amounts!

hi all - and a super happy new year to ye :-)

just wondering if anyone knows the time of the meting in abbey street tomorrow (thursday 2nd jan 2014(!!!))
    If i remember correctly 2pm,? though I now have a feeling it may be at 12? thanks :-)

• Advertisement

haven't tracked in about 2 weeks, have absolutely NO idea how i'm doing weight wise.
    Am trying to listen to my body, stay relaxed about food, and be more mindful about portions. I am fairly sure I will be up tomorrow due to christmas treats, and a break from general activities. Looking forward to finding out. Need to get my head back in the game .Can't even remember what weight I was last time I went! I like the idea of getting a new shiny notebook that was shared here :-) Think I will do the same.

Advertisement