Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

metime wrote: »
    hi all - and a super happy new year to ye :-)

just wondering if anyone knows the time of the meting in abbey street tomorrow (thursday 2nd jan 2014(!!!))
    If i remember correctly 2pm,? though I now have a feeling it may be at 12? thanks :-)

It's at 1 http://www.weightwatchers.ie/getting-started/class-times.html

Don't worry too much about the result tomorrow. You can't change the last few weeks but you can work towards getting it off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

How would everyone point a chicken breast on the bone... no skin! I'm thinking 7 but just wanted to see what everyone thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

well got up supper early after only 3 hours of sleep my 4 month old was very unsettled last night, but no class on lol was sure it was oh well :P went to the chemist and weighed my self on the machine there looks like I STS or could be up 1/2 either way I am happy with that and feel confident I will see a loss next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm new to weight watchers, I'm doing the online point plan through the UK website. I just came along for a bit of online support to stop me from snacking! I just started two days ago and it has gone well so far but no weight loss as of yet but it's early days.

Welcome Medusa! you've come to the right place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

How would everyone point a chicken breast on the bone... no skin! I'm thinking 7 but just wanted to see what everyone thinks

There should be nutritional info in the pack. Sometimes it's on the inside cover tesco has it on their online shopping site too. You can point from that

keesa wrote: »
    There should be nutritional info in the pack. Sometimes it's on the inside cover tesco has it on their online shopping site too. You can point from that
    Beautiful Thanks :D bought it from the butchers so it has no info on it but I'll use the tesco details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm new to weight watchers, I'm doing the online point plan through the UK website. I just came along for a bit of online support to stop me from snacking! I just started two days ago and it has gone well so far but no weight loss as of yet but it's early days.

Hi medusa, Welcome you will get all the support you need here:) Good luck on your journey:)

Got out for a 6 mile walk today since the weather was so nice. Am going to do boxercise later and so far am well within my points, but have a family dinner later and its the full roast jobbie so Id say I will be well over the points tonight. Hopefully the exercise helps with some of the damage:P Hope everyone is back on track and doing well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Was at meeting today, up one pound from the holidays. Tbh am happy enough! glad it wasnt more, though obviously would have liked a loss.
    Am back at it now tomorrow morning.... full steam ahead. Will do a shopping list 2n and get my head around the healthy start. There's a handy wee detachable list that came with it.
    Slightly anxious about having some false starts but I think that will diminish if I give it enough time this evening to plan. Hope all doing well!

• Advertisement

Was at meeting today, up one pound from the holidays. Tbh am happy enough! glad it wasnt more, though obviously would have liked a loss.
    Am back at it now tomorrow morning.... full steam ahead. Will do a shopping list 2n and get my head around the healthy start. There's a handy wee detachable list that came with it.
    Slightly anxious about having some false starts but I think that will diminish if I give it enough time this evening to plan. Hope all doing well!
    Metime, do you think you'll go on to simple start for a boost? how is it being presented? is it mostly aimed at new members or are existing members encouraged to do it as well? points are such a safety net for me, I don't know if I can be trusted to have free reign!!

Metime, do you think you'll go on to simple start for a boost? how is it being presented? is it mostly aimed at new members or are existing members encouraged to do it as well? points are such a safety net for me, I don't know if I can be trusted to have free reign!!

I dont fully understand it yet or how it ties in to the rest of the programme, after the two week start at it. We were given the booklet and encouraged to give it a go for the two weeks. Challenge accepted! I could do with the boost and I think the change will make me pay a bit more attention again and hopefully see great results. Will sit down and give it a read tonight. On frst impression and from hearing abiut it at the meeting today, seems like it will suit me personally. Counting points was wrecking my head as i was getting far too bogged down in it and it resulted in me not tracking for two weeks over christmas.

Was playing with swapping to healthy and filling plan b4 i heard about this. So, yes I am going to give it a go as it seems to me like only good can come of it, or trying - it allows for 2 treats a day and relies mainly on portion control and listening to your body. This is something I want to conquer and not be scared to be left in control of so it feels like it will benefit me in the long run as I try to get a handle on that. May be a rocky week or two as I am left in charge of portions without pointing but it feels like it will be the better option for me, and more sustainable long term. The food is good so even if you eat too many veg it is not half as bad as eating too much cake.
    There is a list of examples of the treats in the booklet on a pull out card for the wallet. Very handy.. Seems fair too, and like it will suit me. I like something sweet in the afternoon and in the eveniong and tfhis is possibvle. Just have to make sure to get in the staples now- low calorie bread and slimline milk. More focus here on fruit and veg, and i got some ww bars to see me through the week as my treats.

Delighted to see popcorn on it, also peas, and potatoes. That was very tiresome on pp for me. Smoked salmon is consisted a treat. As is avacado.
    it does seem very easy really. The point counting was wrecking my head big time . excited to try this. Nice recipes in booklet too.

I dont fully understand it yet or how it ties in to the rest of the programme, after the two week start at it. We were given the booklet and encouraged to give it a go for the two weeks. Challenge accepted! I could do with the boost and I think the change will make me pay a bit more attention again and hopefully see great results. Will sit down and give it a read tonight. On frst impression and from hearing abiut it at the meeting today, seems like it will suit me personally. Counting points was wrecking my head as i was getting far too bogged down in it and it resulted in me not tracking for two weeks over christmas.

Was playing with swapping to healthy and filling plan b4 i heard about this. So, yes I am going to give it a go as it seems to me like only good can come of it, or trying - it allows for 2 treats a day and relies mainly on portion control and listening to your body. This is something I want to conquer and not be scared to be left in control of so it feels like it will benefit me in the long run as I try to get a handle on that. May be a rocky week or two as I am left in charge of portions without pointing but it feels like it will be the better option for me, and more sustainable long term. The food is good so even if you eat too many veg it is not half as bad as eating too much cake.
    There is a list of examples of the treats in the booklet on a pull out card for the wallet. Very handy.. Seems fair too, and like it will suit me. I like something sweet in the afternoon and in the eveniong and tfhis is possibvle. Just have to make sure to get in the staples now- low calorie bread and slimline milk. More focus here on fruit and veg, and i got some ww bars to see me through the week as my treats.

Delighted to see popcorn on it, also peas, and potatoes. That was very tiresome on pp for me. Smoked salmon is consisted a treat. As is avacado.
    it does seem very easy really. The point counting was wrecking my head big time . excited to try this. Nice recipes in booklet too.

Oooh delighted to see popcorn on it. It was on the American one. Kind of annoyed the smoked salmon is a treat though :( Any way you could post a picture of the treat list?

Simple plan is a way to make it easier for new people starting out as propoints can be a bit complicated. For existing members, it is a way to change things around a bit and give your body a boost. After the two weeks, you stick to the food list but instead of your two treats you get your 49 weeklies. Or alternatively you can switch to propoints.

honeygirl wrote: »
    Got out for a 6 mile walk today since the weather was so nice. Am going to do boxercise later and so far am well within my points, but have a family dinner later and its the full roast jobbie so Id say I will be well over the points tonight. Hopefully the exercise helps with some of the damage:P Hope everyone is back on track and doing well:)

How are you finding Boxercise? I was thinking of taking up taekwondo but it's quite expensive. I'd like some kind of stress relief sport. I've bad knees though.

Has anyone looked at the quick start properly yet? I'm worried it won't be as impactful as the points allowance and next week needs to have an impact on Christmas! I haven't gone to my meeting yet though to get the details yet(never mind, just read the other posts! )

keesa wrote: »
    How are you finding Boxercise? I was thinking of taking up taekwondo but it's quite expensive. I'd like some kind of stress relief sport. I've bad knees though.

Has anyone looked at the quick start properly yet? I'm worried it won't be as impactful as the points allowance and next week needs to have an impact on Christmas! I haven't gone to my meeting yet though to get the details yet(never mind, just read the other posts! )

Hi Keesa, I have been doing the boxercise for a few months now and I find it gives you a great workout and really breaks you into a sweat. I was doing a class in it but found it hard to get to so a friend gave me a Davina DVD and I do it at home now about three times a week if I can. I find it easer on my knees and ankles then aerobics and it gives you a good body workout.

Was thinking of taking up Pilates in the next few weeks depending on the price and times of classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I am a bit disappointed to hear smoked salmon is considered a treat and so would have to be taken out of your 49pp after the initial 2 weeks. It is so good for you and not any fattier than normal salmon would be. Avocado I can understand as it would be quite easy to overeat those, but I would have thought smoked salmon would have been fine.

I have always been a little afraid of filling and healthy just as I don't trust myself but I am going to give simple start a go. I am off chocolate and booze for january so it should be easy enough to stick to 2 treats per day! I wanna be able to give it a good go and see if I can trust myself to eat until I am full!

Hi Keesa, I have been doing the boxercise for a few months now and I find it gives you a great workout and really breaks you into a sweat. I was doing a class in it but found it hard to get to so a friend gave me a Davina DVD and I do it at home now about three times a week if I can. I find it easer on my knees and ankles then aerobics and it gives you a good body workout.

Was thinking of taking up Pilates in the next few weeks depending on the price and times of classes.

Which Davina one is that? I have a few but the one with boxing I don't really like as I find the reps uneven between the left and right sides!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks for advice. I won't be joining a class for various reasons. Out of interest, what would a typical day look like for ye foodwise? I'm a carb fiend

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Which Davina one is that? I have a few but the one with boxing I don't really like as I find the reps uneven between the left and right sides!

Hi Duffy, Davina High Energy Five and the reps for left and right side are even on that.

Thanks for advice. I won't be joining a class for various reasons. Out of interest, what would a typical day look like for ye foodwise? I'm a carb fiend

You can eat whatever you want on WW. You just have to balance the excess with exercise. It's fairly straight forward really. Typical day for me would be brekkie of porridge weetabix or some kind of cereal bar/biscuits. Tea or cappuccino around 11ish. Lunch of sandwich or soup or chicken breast and veggies. Snack around 4 and dinner when I get home fruit and points willing some chocolate. My dinner portions and my snacking are the only big things that have changed for me. My relationship with food has changed Massively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks. Yeah I suppose nutritionally I know most of the dos and dont's! I used to have porridge some mornings but find it hard to stomach the warm breakfast in the mornings so think I'll be having weetabix x 2.

for me its all in the portion control, my typical day (no gym) would be All Bran or porridge for brekkie, orange/banana at 11, lunch of soup, with one slice of slimsters bread or rice and veggies with pesto, a yoghurt when I get in and then dinner and if I'm good a freddo bar afterwards!!

I am getting a bit more creative with my cooking too, ww has really helped me expand my culinary repertoire!

oh and gallons of water and tea (no milk, no sugar!) to keep me going

I really struggle with breakfast so don't really eat it. At the moment I'm off work so I would have brunch around 11/12 which today was carb free. Then I would have some snacks during the day. Dinner would be typical lean protein, veg and then either pasta/rice/potatoes. What you need to do is find a balance. You should bulk your meals with lots of lean protein and veg and then have a portion of carbs and healthy fats.
    Hi Duffy, Davina High Energy Five and the reps for left and right side are even on that.

I have that one but I normally only do the cardio and abs section in it. Can't remember if I have ever done the boxing one. Must give it a try!

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Oooh delighted to see popcorn on it. It was on the American one. Kind of annoyed the smoked salmon is a treat though :( Any way you could post a picture of the treat list?

Simple plan is a way to make it easier for new people starting out as propoints can be a bit complicated. For existing members, it is a way to change things around a bit and give your body a boost. After the two weeks, you stick to the food list but instead of your two treats you get your 49 weeklies. Or alternatively you can switch to propoints.

Weetabix is a treat too, BTW.

Weetabix is a treat too, BTW.

Gosh there is a lot of things there that I wouldn't class as treats. Thanks for posting the list:)

Gosh there is a lot of things there that I wouldn't class as treats. Thanks for posting the list:)
    Me too, low fat cream cheese?! noooooooooo, thats a staple in my diet!!

Finding this WAAAAAAY easier than pro points.
    Am going above the two treats but still a lot under dailies if was doing pp (9 left) ( i totted up out of curiosity.)
    Not hungry at all, have eaten very sensibly today and am about to enjoy a herbal tea and a sneaky nibble. Feeling way less restricted and more in control as it is all listed and easy to grasp. Slimlinemilk back in the fridge too, thank god.
    I am looking forward to seeing the results next week. I will be having a meal out and a few drinks one of the nights so will not use my treats that day and have lots of excercise planned this week.
    The relief of not having to guess points for portions of things...hallelujah!

Finding this WAAAAAAY easier than pro points.
    Am going above the two treats but still a lot under dailies if was doing pp (9 left) ( i totted up out of curiosity.)
    Not hungry at all, have eaten very sensibly today and am about to enjoy a herbal tea and a sneaky nibble. Feeling way less restricted and more in control as it is all listed and easy to grasp. Slimlinemilk back in the fridge too, thank god.
    I am looking forward to seeing the results next week. I will be having a meal out and a few drinks one of the nights so will not use my treats that day and have lots of excercise planned this week.
    The relief of not having to guess points for portions of things...hallelujah!

Also- delighted in a way as I know my future will contain far less sugary snacks now and more veg :-)

Me too, low fat cream cheese?! noooooooooo, thats a staple in my diet!!

Will try not to panic too much until I get to read up on it more but I use a lot of the things on that list and they would not have been part of my 49 or treats as they call it:confused:. I might be sticking to the points system which has been working for me but I won't make up my mind yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Whats the deal with simple start? Is it like an introdution thing that goes to the propoints as it was after 2 weeks or has the whole system been changed?
    I really need to track & count pro points very strictly as I have a history as a compulsive over eater etc so the idea of just eating free foods & not counting is not good for me at all!

Advertisement