Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi guys, still going strong on this WW business:D Been on it nearly 2 weeks now and I think I've lost about 3/4 lbs (I'm doing it myself, not going to meetings) but not sure of exact amount lost because I never took my exact weight before I started but I'm pretty sure I was around 10'7 and now I'm 10'3 :)

Once you get into a frame of mind of eating right then you're on the right track :)

I look forward to the weekends now when I can have a treat or two and use my weeklies:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

trinib wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Im new to this thread just joined ww today. Just a brief history on me, I was in WW in 2007 before I got married lost 2 stone had 2 kids then in the following 14 months managed to get down to my pre kids weight in early 2010 and kept it off till around may of this year with the help of lots and lots of exercise was involved in a few different things. A change in circumstances then in the summer left me with virtually no time for exercise so with that my weight started to creep back up slowly but very surly! So now the kids are back in playschool 3 mornings a week so I can reclaim that time to get back into it. So mad with myself for letting it creep back on so I reckon WW is the kick up the ass I need. So here starts my journey...

I know that feeling a bit of weight I lost as crept back on over the summer, I was not getting as much exercise and snacking more, but back on track now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Off to Galway with the OH for the day. I've had my weetabix and bowl of fruit and yog, gonna have some of my 0pp tomato soup before I leave at 12 and have a salad made for the car which will hopefully tide me over til this evening when we're calling into the OHs godmother for tea which I wont be able to plan for, hence trying to be good for the rest of the day. I've my 49 weeklies saved but I'm heading out on the town tomorrow night so I wanna try keep them for that. Heres hoping I can resist any other temptations today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Long time reader of this thread find it great for hints and recipies!finally decided to post,found mallon's low fat gluten free sausages today,i point them at 3pp for 100g,anyone else have these?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi all, I got to goal of 10 st 3 in Feb this year by attending meetings locally. We were due to emigrate though in June so when i left my job i finished up the meetings vowing to maintain and pick it up when i reached Australia. Unfortunately there was a delay with my husbands work contract so now we are delayed til xmas and with all the to-ing and fro-ing i am back up to 11 stone, and was too mortified to go back to the meetings. Things just got on top of me with the move etc and i ate what i liked when i liked, as there was too much going on to worry about weight watchers, and i was a little bit fed up of all the setbacks.. Anyway i signed up online, so my first weigh in was this morning.. I was down 2.2 pounds so delighted with that. As i was used to 29 pp's now i'm on 26 and there really is no room for extras in there..Thing is now though my 5% and 10% goals are way less than last time, 5% leaves me at 10 st 6 and last time i was 3 pounds off goal at that!! Anyway, this thread was great motivation and inspiration last time, so i'm hoping ye take me back with open arms :)

I forgot to mention, i lost 2.2lbs after my first week of ww online:) yeaaahhhhh
    I'M BACK......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Hi guys, first time poster here! Started about a month ago and have lost 4 and a half pounds so far, absolutely delighted!! Have tried so many things before this but finally bit the bullet and just went for Weightwatchers and I can't believe how easy it is to stick to!

Have had a pretty bold week this week though, dreading my weigh in on Tuesday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Happy Monday everybody! I'm dying with a flu this week so I won't be getting any more exercise in before WI on Wednesday, I reckon. Getting well and healthy comes first anyway. I've had a huge appetite since I've been sick too but I've just been eating tonnes of fruit to keep me satisfied and pump my body full of vitamin c. It's funny, before, when I've been sick all I've wanted is biscuits and crisps and take aways. But now, all I want is lots of fruit and lovely home cooked veg filled meals!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Happy Monday everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Ive just posted a recipe for Apple and Rhubarb Strudel for 2 Weightwatchers Propoints. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/10/weightwatchers-apple-rhubarb-strudel.html I hope you all have a great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Hi all, like a lot of posters am rejoing again after another ffailed attempt....
    hoping this time to keep it up!
    Just wondering does anyone know how much I should point for a ryvita??
    I had been giving it 1 pp, but just wasnted to amke shure I was right..

I'm doing it at hone this time round, and I bought the WW scales on amazon, weighed myself on Saturday afternoon and was horrified, and then when I weighed myself this morning was 41/2 pounds lighter!!!!! I only started WW this monring, so I couldn't have lost weight, but that is a mad fluctuation for the time of the day!!!!!

anyhoo, I will presevere..:)

Oh My God Seriously need to spellcheck!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all, like most reading for a long time & never posted.

Ccesli, I like your blog! Thanks, I get some great ideas.

Lormuz, I go to the classes each week & last week the leader said you should avoid weighing yourself everyday. Pick a time each week and stick to that. It's more harm than good weighing yourself every few days.

I'm really working hard to shift it. I was down 2 1/2 pounds last week and I was delighted. Really have to keep it up. Chocolate & Crisps are no longer a "snack" food but a treat. WW really is a complete education about what to eat, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm looking for new soup recipes please? I'm a pro at Curried Butternut Squash soup & made Roasted Red Pepper & Tomatoe soup today which was tasty. Carrot & Coriander ain't working for me anymore. I need a bit of depth if that makes sense.

So your best soup recipe please?!

Wow loads of new posters on here! I miss the banter on here at the weekends, it gets so quiet! Have to say im noticing a pattern with myself that alot of people seem to have, being good all week and then struggling at the weekends. I had a good week Monday to Friday then went to the rugby Friday night and couldn't resist a brownie with my cup of tea. Even though i watched my oh eat a kfc in the car while i munched away on a salad i had made and brought with me! Was at emorial then on Saturday and just could not resist my favourite., chocolate biscuit cake (had 3 squares of it). I still have 39 weeklies and got a few more walks in this week., still no idea how wi tonight will go, seems to be all nuns the place lately regardless of how good i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 3lbs tonight :D Nearly back in the 12's and can't wait!!

Welcome to all the newbies. This thread is great especially if you're doing it from home. Don't be afraid to ask qs. Its not an easy journey so keep at it and you will see results! Those looking for soup recipes use the search function in this thread and there's an old thread which you will find in the main nutrition forum. There's loads of great recipes there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So disappointed- was making roasted BNS soupand I burnt my BNS. Tried to blend it anyway and instead of the gorgeous orange colour it usually is its like a dark brown/black colour - and it tastes burnt! Was looking forward to it for lunch tomorrow!

Down 3lb tonight, beyond delighted with that, a big loss like that is rare for me! Here's hoping for another good week. Good luck this week everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Down 3lbs tonight :D Nearly back in the 12's and can't wait!!

Welcome to all the newbies. This thread is great especially if you're doing it from home. Don't be afraid to ask qs. Its not an easy journey so keep at it and you will see results! Those looking for soup recipes use the search function in this thread and there's an old thread which you will find in the main nutrition forum. There's loads of great recipes there :)
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Down 3lb tonight, beyond delighted with that, a big loss like that is rare for me! Here's hoping for another good week. Good luck this week everyone.

Great losses guys! well done!
    My hours at work have been changed again this week, so will miss my WI on wednesday. Sometimes, bizarrely enough, I find this helps, for a bit of a kick start, as I skip out on the mentality of having a treat after my weigh in, and knuckle straight down... sometimes those treats get really out of control, and wednesday treats turn to thursday, and then it's friday, and sure you might as well have a treat for the weekend!!!
    I've a spare tracker that I'll get going on this week.

On another note, was out sat nite and wore a dress I haven't fit into in ages (as in years). I felt great. But the drinks, followed by chips (such a great idea at the time) took their toll, no doubt! I can't even regret it though, because it was just a great night out, and to be fair, I've had chipper chips maybe 4-5 times since Jan. We have to live!
    Good luck to everyone else with this weeks weigh ins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Anyway, I'm looking for new soup recipes please? I'm a pro at Curried Butternut Squash soup & made Roasted Red Pepper & Tomatoe soup today which was tasty. Carrot & Coriander ain't working for me anymore. I need a bit of depth if that makes sense.

So your best soup recipe please?!

I am not the best at making soup and I do like Carrot and Coriander. My other favourite would be leek and potatoe soup.

Ingredients:

2 or 3 medium potatoes
    2 large leeks
    1 onion
    1L of vegetable/chicken stock
    Knob of light butter (I use Dairygold Light)
    Salt & pepper

Directions:

1. Chop up the leeks and onions small and sauté in the knob of butter for a few minutes in a big pot.
    2. Add the potatoes (peeled and chopped) and sauté for another few minutes.
    3. Add 1L of hot vegetable/chicken stock (I use a knorr chicken stockpot) and the salt and pepper to taste.
    4. Once bubbling, reduce the heat and let it simmer away for as long as possible, I usually leave it about 45 minutes to an hour.
    5. When it has finished cooking, allow it to cool and blend it whatever way you like it.

Yum! The propoints for this will vary. It is 1PP for the stockpot and then you just weigh the amount of peeled potatoes you use and weigh the amount of butter you use. It usually makes around 4 decent bowls and would usually be around 2 or 3PP when I make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Down 1 and half pounds tonight, absolutely delighted, thought I had an awful week!! And maybe this is common knowledge but was in €2 shop earlier and they had a load of WW pasta sauces, had been looking for them everywhere and couldn't find them!! Today has been a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Down 2lbs tonight! Happy with that after my STS this week. Am now 11 stone and half a pound. Was hoping to be under the 11 for this weekend - have my 10 year school reunion on saturday. But I am happy enough with where I am. Got myself a lovely dress http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=819&section_id=1096&sub_section_id=1102&range_id=1103&product_id=18869&__pg_ps=16&__pg_pg=1
    Never thought I'd be comfortable in a very fitted pencil skirt again but I feel great in it. And I got it on sale which is a result cos I am BROKE! Now just have to be on my best behaviour before and after saturday so I can indulge in some wine!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey everyone I hope weigh in is going well for everyone. I lost 2 pound of my holiday gain. I added a new post for proper jam for 1 propoints for 2 Tablespoon on www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.com. Have a great Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi all, i weighed in yesterday at home and was up .2 of a pound!!! The joys of a precise digital scales.... Anyway i'm not too bothered, as i lost 2.2 last week, and i had a lovely birthday dinner with my mother and family on Sunday... hopefully will be down next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Have wi tomorrow and not really sure how it will go, was out sunday night and ate all round me Monday, so i would be very happy with a stay the same. Thats it then totally focased on getting to my goal have 5.5lbs to my WW goal but would like to go a bit lower so to have a bit to play around with at Christmas. Well done to everyone this week and great to see so many newbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done on all the losses so far this week! Its great to see some motivation back on this thread :) I've gotten food under control I just need to get back exercising regularly.

I noticed yesterday that it's 12 weeks from yesterday until Christmas. I've decided to set a short term goal for then. I'd like to have a stone gone by then. I start work full time in a few weeks so that's going to be a major change so I need to be realistic about my Christmas target!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hello all, ww newbie/oldie checking in. Back for my first weigh in in two years today... I am 12 4, which is (dispiritingly) 19 pounds heavier than I was when I first went to ww ten years ago!! To be perfectly honest, I was extremely upset with myself and even though I clearly need the program more than ever, I feel really demotivated that ive got this big and let it get this far and I've only just started! It has been really helpful to come in here hoŵever and see all the wonderful positive stories-nothing for it but to get stuck in. I really REALLY want to do it this time.

Any seasoned professionals have any top tips for me? Goodness knows I need it... :@(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

hey everyone, first time posting here myself and hubby are in our first week of WW we have been 100% on plan this wk we're both under the weather at the moment and thought we'd get a takeaway tonight (WI is on Sat Morning)
    we're getting a chinese

im getting a singapore Noodles (which i think is 15pp) am i right
    WW for him is a major change (i tried umpteen times but we're both doing it together this time so we can support eachother)
    he's getting
    Chicken Curry with Chips ive guestimated that it would be 36pp (20pp chips & 16pp Chicken Curry)

can anyone give us an idea are we under or over estimating the pp for these 2 dishes

thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loveisnotlove

Layla0509 wrote: »
    hey everyone, first time posting here myself and hubby are in our first week of WW we have been 100% on plan this wk we're both under the weather at the moment and thought we'd get a takeaway tonight (WI is on Sat Morning)
    we're getting a chinese

im getting a singapore Noodles (which i think is 15pp) am i right
    WW for him is a major change (i tried umpteen times but we're both doing it together this time so we can support eachother)
    he's getting
    Chicken Curry with Chips ive guestimated that it would be 36pp (20pp chips & 16pp Chicken Curry)

can anyone give us an idea are we under or over estimating the pp for these 2 dishes

thanks a mill

I have no idea if this site is trustworthy but I'm sure they do their best:
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.ie/p/sweet.html

Perhaps, now that you're on WW, you both would consider splitting a Chinese? The portions should be big enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

So had my first WI this morn down 2.5 lbs happy with that :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done on all the losses so far this week! Its great to see some motivation back on this thread :) I've gotten food under control I just need to get back exercising regularly.

I noticed yesterday that it's 12 weeks from yesterday until Christmas. I've decided to set a short term goal for then. I'd like to have a stone gone by then. I start work full time in a few weeks so that's going to be a major change so I need to be realistic about my Christmas target!

Oh my God 12 weeks to Christmas, can't belive that!!!

Well, I am in week one, sticking to points, actually finding it difficult to use all my points... has anyone else found this?
    I am on 30 points ( this is according to my leader when I finsihed the last time) so thought i would start with that again. But i've only used 26 2 days this week....
    does anyone have a calculator for what PP you should be on?

I am eating 2 toast and butter for brekki
    Porridge or banana and yoghurt for mid-moring
    Soup and ryvita with Yoghurt and fruit or a wrap with turkey and philli with Yoghurt and fruit
    Then whatever dinner i am making, usually works out about 12pp

Sure I suppose I'll know next Monday morning when I weigh myself if i'm on track...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Lormuz wrote: »
    Oh my God 12 weeks to Christmas, can't belive that!!!

Well, I am in week one, sticking to points, actually finding it difficult to use all my points... has anyone else found this?
    I am on 30 points ( this is according to my leader when I finsihed the last time) so thought i would start with that again. But i've only used 26 2 days this week....
    does anyone have a calculator for what PP you should be on?

Welcome back, i dont have a calculator but i dont know when you were last on the programme but i think Jan of this year the points were reduced last year the minimum was 29 and now its down to 26 so just be careful.

Down 4lbs today, over the moon, just 1.5lbs to get to goal. Im really happy with this week because i was out sunday night and ate alot on Monday, but was very good the other days so its good to know you can have a good weekend and get a loss on the scales. Onwards and downwards

Advertisement