Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    Whats the deal with simple start? Is it like an introdution thing that goes to the propoints as it was after 2 weeks or has the whole system been changed?
    I really need to track & count pro points very strictly as I have a history as a compulsive over eater etc so the idea of just eating free foods & not counting is not good for me at all!

Hi WhiteTiger, When my leader was talking about it before the christmas I think she said it would go to propoints and that there would be plans you could choose. I hope I heard her right because I need to count and track aswell. I tried this free reign stuff in slimming world before and I was the girl that went up in weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm about to go to my meeting with gwen who is allegedly the head of ww in ireland? My old leader said that but I may have mixed her up with someone. I'm n sure she'll go over it. I'll report back

Ok Well it seems great! Pasta wine bagels beans eggs everything I've been avoiding are on the list! CRUMPETS! it's 2 treats a day that can't be saved but week 2 adds extra flexibility and you'll have the choice between it and points. or simple start and no treats but with the 49

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey girls, Can anyone tell me what points Chicken in black pepper would be from the chinese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

javagal wrote: »
    Hey girls, Can anyone tell me what points Chicken in black pepper would be from the chinese?

It's very difficult to 'point' takeaway or any food you haven't cooked yourself. Nobody here can possibly point this meal for you without knowing the size of the portion etc. I think if you're going to to eat Chinese from the takeaway, you're better off not thinking about how many points it contains!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I've fallen off the wagon a few more times since new years :( hoping my weigh in on Wednesday will give me the kick up the bum I need!

Hadn't weighed myself in about 5 months (battery was gone in scales) and boy oh boy, I knew I had put on a few pounds but was NOT expecting the result I saw! So, renewing my gym membership on Monday, and choosing a class or 2 to go to, going to have my iPod charged and attempt the treadmills too. Any other advice on the exercise? I'm currently learning to swim so not able for length after length but would swimming be a good option? I'm not interested in getting a 'gym assessment' or have a trainer, I just want to inform myself and do it myself.

javagal wrote: »

The eat out guide says 11 for chicken in black bean, not sure about black pepper. So I'd use that + about 50% if it's a take away and not an eat in(portions are bigger) and then add on the rice. egg fried is 16, special fried 23, boiled is 12.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

keesa wrote: »
    The eat out guide says 11 for chicken in black bean, not sure about black pepper. So I'd use that + about 50% if it's a take away and not an eat in(portions are bigger) and then add on the rice. egg fried is 16, special fried 23, boiled is 12.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

OMG! I'm going out tomorrow night with my sisters, hope she doesnt book a chinese!!!

Ok, I'm going for a meal tomorrow night (Barrys in douglas cork) & had a look at the menu online,
    seems to be burgers, pasta & bread eek. There is a warm chicken salad that has bacon & sauteed potatoes. It seems to be the best option. Any idea how I'd point it or any suggestions on how i ask it to be served? I'm making free soup in the morn so will be eating that all day to hold onto as many points as i can as i'm being weighed on tues morn so dont want to mess it up lol!

• Advertisement

Ok, I'm going for a meal tomorrow night (Barrys in douglas cork) & had a look at the menu online,
    seems to be burgers, pasta & bread eek. There is a warm chicken salad that has bacon & sauteed potatoes. It seems to be the best option. Any idea how I'd point it or any suggestions on how i ask it to be served? I'm making free soup in the morn so will be eating that all day to hold onto as many points as i can as i'm being weighed on tues morn so dont want to mess it up lol!

Ask for it without the bacon and potatoes? See if there's someone you can share the potatoes with so you could still have a taste of them. Ask for the dressing (if there is any) to be served on the side.

Ask for it without the bacon and potatoes? See if there's someone you can share the potatoes with so you could still have a taste of them. Ask for the dressing (if there is any) to be served on the side.
    Thanks, I suppose i'd need to weigh them to get proper points. I dont really want to just have leaves as a meal so if i set aside 20 propoints hopefully that will cover it :)

Personally, I'd probably just try to make sensible enough choices and enjoy my night out. If you want pasta, order something tomato based and ask for things like bacon etc to be left out. Leave 1/3 of your food on the plate and dose it in salt so you can't eat it! :P

Personally, I'd probably just try to make sensible enough choices and enjoy my night out. If you want pasta, order something tomato based and ask for things like bacon etc to be left out. Leave 1/3 of your food on the plate and dose it in salt so you can't eat it! :P

Perfect idea re the salt! :D

I'd get the burger but ask for it without the bun.

Perfect idea re the salt! :D

Apparently it's what Victoria Beckham did/does :P

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Rule number one for eating out.....don't be afraid to ask how things are prepared and cooked and if they can be done differently. Myself and a friend once asked for something that wasn't even on the menu and we got it! Avoid fried and creamy things. Tomato based pasta dishes are generally around 20 points. Ask for them to be bulked with veg. Be careful of side dishes and they can be draped in oil and butter including the veg! Grilled meats are a good option as they are healthy and easy to point and you can ask for sauces on the side. Be careful of salads as a typical Caeser salad can be 18/20 points! If you're only having one course then you should have plenty of points just watch out for the bread and alcohol!

jubella wrote: »
    I've fallen off the wagon a few more times since new years :( hoping my weigh in on Wednesday will give me the kick up the bum I need!

I know how you feel:( I just can't get back into it:( I have been doing some sort of exercising everyday since the 28th but my eating has gone to the dogs so I cant wait to go back and get weighed on Thursday. At least when I know I have to face the scales every week it might make me do better. I think I lost my willpower over Christmas:P

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

honeygirl wrote: »
    I know how you feel:( I just can't get back into it:( I have been doing some sort of exercising everyday since the 28th but my eating has gone to the dogs so I cant wait to go back and get weighed on Thursday. At least when I know I have to face the scales every week it might make me do better. I think I lost my willpower over Christmas:P

I'm the exact same, I've had some days when it's gone well and others where I just can't get on track (I'd a 30th birthday party in Scotland last night and got burger and chips coming back From the airport because I was tired, hungover and self pitying). I'm just looking forward to getting into tomorrow's routine and weighing in Wednesday. I know I'm up a few lbs, but missing three weeks has made me realise how much the weekly class helps me to discipline myself - it's a point of focus to keep me on track!

No more takeaways or crisps from tomorrow on! 5th jan resolution!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Good to hear I'm not the only one finding it hard lately! I definitely still need the motivation of the classes for the time being anyway. I'm hoping I wont be up a huge amount on Wednesday but I'm just going to draw a line under it and aim for some good losses over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

OK....it's time to cop on & get back to reality!! I didn't pp a thing all xmas (or 2 weeks before it!). Had a great excuse that I couldn't exercise because of the stormy weather. Back to meeting tomorrow night and hope to be at goal and a stone lighter by the end of March. (that would give me a total of 2.5 stone gone).

Anyone know if Berocca vitamin tablets has points??

Thanks & best of luck to everyone for January!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

hello,

I have been reading through this thread over the weekend and everyone seems really lovely and supportive so hope you don't mind me joining you! I just signed up again for WW online as with work and college there are no meetings convenient for me. Have had success in the past but always fall off the wagon after a couple of months so this year I am determined will be the one where I break the vicious cycle!!!

I have a lot to lose, weighed in this morning at 15st 1lb, and while I would ideally like to lose 5 stone I want to do it slowly and properly so aiming for 1lb per week. I think one of the reasons I have failed before is because I have felt overwhelmed by the amount I need to lose and felt it isn't achievable. Was recently diagnosed with PCOS and am on medication for that which I am hoping will also help with my weightloss.

Lunchtime is my most dangerous time but sat down yesterday and did a plan for the week of lunches and dinners and have lots of fruit to snack on so fingers crossed being organised will help. Am also off the drink for January so no hungover carb cravings! I am a total emotional eater and always reward myself with food so getting to grips with that will be the hardest part for me, l know what I am supposed to be eating I just need to keep the motivation up and not get disheartened :)

Thanks for letting me waffle on :p:p

SunnieT wrote: »
    hello,

I have been reading through this thread over the weekend and everyone seems really lovely and supportive so hope you don't mind me joining you! I just signed up again for WW online as with work and college there are no meetings convenient for me. Have had success in the past but always fall off the wagon after a couple of months so this year I am determined will be the one where I break the vicious cycle!!!

I have a lot to lose, weighed in this morning at 15st 1lb, and while I would ideally like to lose 5 stone I want to do it slowly and properly so aiming for 1lb per week. I think one of the reasons I have failed before is because I have felt overwhelmed by the amount I need to lose and felt it isn't achievable. Was recently diagnosed with PCOS and am on medication for that which I am hoping will also help with my weightloss.

Lunchtime is my most dangerous time but sat down yesterday and did a plan for the week of lunches and dinners and have lots of fruit to snack on so fingers crossed being organised will help. Am also off the drink for January so no hungover carb cravings! I am a total emotional eater and always reward myself with food so getting to grips with that will be the hardest part for me, l know what I am supposed to be eating I just need to keep the motivation up and not get disheartened :)

Thanks for letting me waffle on :p:p

Hi SunnieT, Welcome, you will get lots of support here from the posters. I have found it a great help being able to post my losses or gains each week. Break your weight down into 7 pounds at a time and that way it won't feel too overwhelming. Good luck on your journey:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi SunnieT, Welcome, you will get lots of support here from the posters. I have found it a great help being able to post my losses or gains each week. Break your weight down into 7 pounds at a time and that way it won't feel too overwhelming. Good luck on your journey:)

Thanks a mill, it's my birthday in March so hoping to be 10lbs down by then. Am saving the €10 a week I would normally spend on a class and going to treat myself to some nice make up if I lose that 10lbs.

Well day 1 done anyway. Haven't been hungry at all, bought the hairy dieters cook book so trying out some of their recipes this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hey guys, happy new year to everyone! I haven't posted in...probably 6 or 7 weeks, nor have I been to WW in that time. I went through a really bad breakup and have barely thought of WW since. In that time I've drank enough wine to last a year! Not to mention takeaways, ice-cream, chocolate...you name it :rolleyes:

I can't wait for my WI tomorrow. I know it's going to be disastrous! I was down 28.5lbs altogether just before I stopped going, and am expecting to be up 10-14lbs :o The thing is, I can't notice it at all in my clothes, but there's no way I can't be up a huge amount with how I've been eating and drinking. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to getting back on track, whatever I'm up I hope to have it down ASAP!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

well its weigh in day for me dun dah dun dun (dramatic music) everything crossed! will report back later!!

Hey guys, happy new year to everyone! I haven't posted in...probably 6 or 7 weeks, nor have I been to WW in that time. I went through a really bad breakup and have barely thought of WW since. In that time I've drank enough wine to last a year! Not to mention takeaways, ice-cream, chocolate...you name it :rolleyes:

I can't wait for my WI tomorrow. I know it's going to be disastrous! I was down 28.5lbs altogether just before I stopped going, and am expecting to be up 10-14lbs :o The thing is, I can't notice it at all in my clothes, but there's no way I can't be up a huge amount with how I've been eating and drinking. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to getting back on track, whatever I'm up I hope to have it down ASAP!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas :)

Hi Ibarelycare, Glad to see you back and hope you are feeling better. You never know you might not be up as much as you think:) but just take whatever gain and draw a line under it and hopefully any gain will be gone within the next couple of weeks.
    well its weigh in day for me dun dah dun dun (dramatic music) everything crossed! will report back later!!

Good luck with the weigh in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Hi all,

Hope everyone's trying to get back on track after the festivities - God knows I need to anyway!

anyone know the points of the papyrus paper sheets for cooking chicken in? They are the maggi brand and the garlic one is divine!

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

ShindyB wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope everyone's trying to get back on track after the festivities - God knows I need to anyway!

anyone know the points of the papyrus paper sheets for cooking chicken in? They are the maggi brand and the garlic one is divine!

Cheers ;)

I don't know the points of the top of my head, but if you have the values there I'll work them out for you.

As an aside, I use the ultimate value diary app for working out points, its a lifesaver, it has a built in scanner that you can use to scan the barcodes and get the points, so its great for the supermarket, or pointing things on the go. its the only app I've ever paid for and at €3 well worth it (I don't work for them btw!!):P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't know the points of the top of my head, but if you have the values there I'll work them out for you.

As an aside, I use the ultimate value diary app for working out points, its a lifesaver, it has a built in scanner that you can use to scan the barcodes and get the points, so its great for the supermarket, or pointing things on the go. its the only app I've ever paid for and at €3 well worth it (I don't work for them btw!!):P

I use that app too and it's absolutely brilliant. I always manually check the points of things if I'm scanning them for the first time though because there are often discrepancies!

Advertisement