Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

How are people doing with simple start? I'm finding out tough enough. Especially the "treats"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

keesa wrote: »
    How are people doing with simple start? I'm finding out tough enough. Especially the "treats"!

I haven't looked into it properly and haven't been to a class yet but from the little I've read it sounds very like the Slimming World plan? Eg syns/treats. Are many people on here doing it? I don't like change :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I haven't looked into it properly and haven't been to a class yet but from the little I've read it sounds very like the Slimming World plan? Eg syns/treats. Are many people on here doing it? I don't like change :D

That was my first impression too, thought it sounded very like slimming world!

I'll be sticking to standard propoints - it's been working great for me and I eat a lot of stuff that I like so I see no reason to change :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jubella wrote: »
    That was my first impression too, thought it sounded very like slimming world!

I'll be sticking to standard propoints - it's been working great for me and I eat a lot of stuff that I like so I see no reason to change :)

I think I will be sticking to the propoints aswell, I tried slimming world before and went up in weight:eek: so if its like slimming world I won't be changing. I have my weigh in and meeting on Thursday so I suppose I will hear about the new system then.. I am not mad about change either!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

honeygirl wrote: »
    I think I will be sticking to the propoints aswell, I tried slimming world before and went up in weight:eek: so if its like slimming world I won't be changing. I have my weigh in and meeting on Thursday so I suppose I will hear about the new system then.. I am not mad about change either!

My mam is doing slimming world and was saying it sounds really really similar. I am sticking with counting the propoints, helps keep me on track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Well I had my first weigh in after christmas & am delighted to be down 2lbs! I was nervous this morning as my period is 2 weeks late (sorry tmi) & I'm so bloated etc!
    SunnieT I have pcos as well. Started back on glucophage today. I was on them 3 months ago but came off them as I was putting on more weight! Very nervous about being back on them but will have to just be very strict with what I eat!

Still going through the Simple Start booklet. I'm going to give it a try but I am going to propoint everything I eat as normal as I need that to keep me on track :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm a bit skeptical of the simple start but I am going to give it a go for a week. I think it is a little restrictive but my boyfriend seems to think the list is made up of foods we eat anyway. I think he is forgetting all those little things that get added to my sauces that wouldn't be allowed but I'll give it a go.

I am still puzzled as to why smoked salmon is considered a treat. I dont really understand this so I am going to go to a class this saturday to try and get the lowdown from a leader!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I haven't read much about Simple Start tbh. My WI is tomorrow and I'm going to stay for my meeting if I can. If we're getting books etc I'll give it a good read and decide if I'm going to try it. From what read it is a lot like Slimming World tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I'm a bit skeptical of the simple start but I am going to give it a go for a week. I think it is a little restrictive but my boyfriend seems to think the list is made up of foods we eat anyway. I think he is forgetting all those little things that get added to my sauces that wouldn't be allowed but I'll give it a go.

I am still puzzled as to why smoked salmon is considered a treat. I dont really understand this so I am going to go to a class this saturday to try and get the lowdown from a leader!

I think its because of the salt content. That's just off the top of my head though. I meant to ask my leader about it tonight but forgot. I hadn't intended on doing Simple Start but when my leader was going through it tonight I realised that all the main meals I have planned for the week actually fit into the plan. Its really just the treats that I'll be cutting down on which is a good thing. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.
    Hey guys, happy new year to everyone! I haven't posted in...probably 6 or 7 weeks, nor have I been to WW in that time. I went through a really bad breakup and have barely thought of WW since. In that time I've drank enough wine to last a year! Not to mention takeaways, ice-cream, chocolate...you name it :rolleyes:

I can't wait for my WI tomorrow. I know it's going to be disastrous! I was down 28.5lbs altogether just before I stopped going, and am expecting to be up 10-14lbs :o The thing is, I can't notice it at all in my clothes, but there's no way I can't be up a huge amount with how I've been eating and drinking. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to getting back on track, whatever I'm up I hope to have it down ASAP!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas :)

Sorry to hear about your break up. Don't think about how much you're up but rather think about how much more you will be up if you don't get back on track. I gained 10lbs during 3 weeks last summer and it was the kick start I needed.

I know the New Year resolution, fresh start thing is kind of clichéd but I am feeling really positive and up for the challenge ahead. I was up 4lbs tonight which I was initially disappointed with as I was only expecting 2lbs. There's nothing I can do about that now so all I can do is work hard to get those 4lbs off along with the 4 stone I have to lose. Here's to a New Year and a slimmer us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Was up 2.5 at wi last night. I'm ok with it tho! Hadnt intended to do simple start before i went to class but im tempted to give it a go. The main challenge will be the treats for me. I'm thinking of eating off simple start but still pointing it to be sure im not crazy over. I do need some boundries but I think its a good opportunity to change up my foods as I'm sure my body is well used to the regulars. For example im up early today to have bacon medallions and egg for brekkie yum!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Was up 2.5 at wi last night. I'm ok with it tho! Hadnt intended to do simple start before i went to class but im tempted to give it a go. The main challenge will be the treats for me. I'm thinking of eating off simple start but still pointing it to be sure im not crazy over. I do need some boundries but I think its a good opportunity to change up my foods as I'm sure my body is well used to the regulars. For example im up early today to have bacon medallions and egg for brekkie yum!!

I'm the same, having egg & beans for breakfast! I'm still counting propoints though & tracking but picking my food from the simple start food list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I'm not so sure about the SS plan. I normally eat healthy enough (mon-fri!) but my problem is my portion sizes. I don't like the idea of Ketchup or Weetabix being a treat - THEY ARE NOT TREATS!! At least with the PP I knew where I was, but I think if I come home starving every evening I'll be eating 10oz steaks and all the trimmings!! Saying that there are some nice receipes in the book so I'll gladly try some.

I think I will stick to the PP and do the SS as the h&f for a couple of days and see how I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Down 1.5 this morning. Amazed at that! I've only been back into it really the last few days.. Its amazing how that can work! That's given me a boost, can't wait to go at it full force now.

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    SunnieT I have pcos as well. Started back on glucophage today. I was on them 3 months ago but came off them as I was putting on more weight! Very nervous about being back on them but will have to just be very strict with what I eat!
    k :-D

I find the glucophage gives me a really dodgy stomach so I don't want to eat as much rich food!! Just finished my 1st prescription so back to the hospital in Feb for a check up, hopefully I will have lost a few lbs by then

Does anyone know how many points I should allow for a roast beef carvery lunch? I am going straight to college from work tonight so had my dinner at lunchtime as I won't get a chance to eat at all later and won't be bothered by the time I get home at 10.30pm!

3 slices of roast beef - fairly thick slices
    Scoop of mashed potato, there was definitely butter and milk in it cos it was yum :o
    Carrots
    Gravy

If I allowed 20 points for it do you think that would be ok?

jubella wrote: »
    Down 1.5 this morning. Amazed at that! I've only been back into it really the last few days.. Its amazing how that can work! That's given me a boost, can't wait to go at it full force now.

My god thats brilliant to be down 1.5 after the christmas, you seem to be really flying along:). I have my weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I won't have done too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just bought a really cool notebook for tracking - I'm a total stationary nerd and I love it! Have been following the plan for the last few days but wasn't tracking properly so I've no excuse now! It will come with me everywhere I go! I've only lost 2 and a 1/2 pounds since November so it's pedal to the metal now. Have booked my first proper holiday in god knows how many years. It's in June so it's full steam ahead people! WE CAN DO THIS!! Somebody please remind me I said that when I start falling off the wagon!

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/invt/00518545/

ShindyB wrote: »
    Just bought a really cool notebook for tracking - I'm a total stationary nerd and I love it! Have been following the plan for the last few days but wasn't tracking properly so I've no excuse now! It will come with me everywhere I go! I've only lost 2 and a 1/2 pounds since November so it's pedal to the metal now. Have booked my first proper holiday in god knows how many years. It's in June so it's full steam ahead people! WE CAN DO THIS!! Somebody please remind me I said that when I start falling off the wagon!

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/invt/00518545/

Ha I did the exact same thing on Monday, went straight out and bought a fancy diary for tracking everything, am also a stationary nerd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

SunnieT wrote: »
    hello,

I have been reading through this thread over the weekend and everyone seems really lovely and supportive so hope you don't mind me joining you! I just signed up again for WW online as with work and college there are no meetings convenient for me. Have had success in the past but always fall off the wagon after a couple of months so this year I am determined will be the one where I break the vicious cycle!!!

I have a lot to lose, weighed in this morning at 15st 1lb, and while I would ideally like to lose 5 stone I want to do it slowly and properly so aiming for 1lb per week. I think one of the reasons I have failed before is because I have felt overwhelmed by the amount I need to lose and felt it isn't achievable. Was recently diagnosed with PCOS and am on medication for that which I am hoping will also help with my weightloss.

Lunchtime is my most dangerous time but sat down yesterday and did a plan for the week of lunches and dinners and have lots of fruit to snack on so fingers crossed being organised will help. Am also off the drink for January so no hungover carb cravings! I am a total emotional eater and always reward myself with food so getting to grips with that will be the hardest part for me, l know what I am supposed to be eating I just need to keep the motivation up and not get disheartened :)

Thanks for letting me waffle on :p:p

Yay, hi :-) and welcome! Your name has me singing a song I can only half remember the lyrics to, am gonna look it up after posting this and have an oil sing hopefully the lyrics will be on YouTube :-D yay lol
    Are you me?? :-D
    I started weight watchers approximately November 11th just gone. I was 15st 1lb on my weigh in that day, and our goals are very similar.ideally I would love to be 10 stone.
    I am trying not to get too hell bent on a certain weight by a certain date but if I can lose 1lb at least per week and it is consistent. I too will be happy. So long as I'm not gaining I don't mind :-) My preoay is up tomorrow, I debated for a split second whether to continue with it but realised I'd be an absolute fool not to.
    Welcome anyway :-) and wahooo! Congrats to you for making the decisiin., I look forward to hearing about your journey on here and hope that we can be some support. I find this thread brilliant all together. Would be a bit lost without it!

Yeah it has gone out the window for me, though I find I am being mindful of things that are considered treats and becoming aware of what could potentially cause me not to lose as much - making some minor adjustments but nothing drastic! Am just happy to even be wanting to lose weight still and am enjoying listening to my body about portions.? I feel I am doing a cross between simple start, pro points and healthy and filling! It feels good but I do find sometimes I am over indulging. Will be delighted to see a loss 2m if that happens, ideally more than the pound I gained over Xmas but will not get too upset if not. I have some time trials for sports next Friday and am eager to do well at that, will be getting a nice amount of exercise in between now and then and with that and listening to my body and eating more veg am hoping to see results. I have been tracking a bit but not very well. Worst damage I did this week so far which I am really happy with is I had 2 of those lidk tiramasu pots (drool!) But that is from my weeklies. Also was out for dinner the other night and totally delighted with wbhatg I had, it mightn't have been the tastiesdt if dishes but it left me feeling happy I didn't over indulge for the sake of it and it meant i could enjoy a liqueur coffee and half a dessert guilt free. :-)

Looking forward to seeing how I get on at w.i !

Its sooooo yum omg I'd love some right now lol

• Advertisement

Also, just finished week 3 of couch to 5k. Am so thrilled about it! Feel like I can finish it now,today's was a breeze. So glad I've kept at it. Clothes feeling loser and fitting better regardless of what the scales say!

Also just realised I've had a few more treats this week than I initially remembered, images of it all started to come to mind as soon as id posted haha.. Hmm.
    Veg crisps, wine, a few bevs, choc cake , more bread than usual, prob equiv to a quater of a big french stick id say, some salad cream....the two tiramasu pots, profiteroles..... and a few other bits, hmmm see now this is the problem with not tracking, that could be fine and within my points for that day but now I can't decking remember and I'm getting worried! As someone on here advised me before, it might not be as bad as I think...so will keep that in mind.

@whitetiger, any news yet? X

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Day 1 of Simple Start going okay so far. Its around now where the munchies tend to kick in but I've stayed away from the treats so far. Breakfast was hot water and lemon (I'm not a breakfast person!), lunch was turkey stir fry and dinner will be spaghetti bolognese. Treats will be Option hot chocolate and 2 squares of Galaxy. I will post the recipes for the spag bol and stir fry later when I get a chance to type them up. It really hasn't been that bad but I know the weekend will be the tough part.
    Natmus wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about the SS plan. I normally eat healthy enough (mon-fri!) but my problem is my portion sizes. I don't like the idea of Ketchup or Weetabix being a treat - THEY ARE NOT TREATS!! At least with the PP I knew where I was, but I think if I come home starving every evening I'll be eating 10oz steaks and all the trimmings!! Saying that there are some nice receipes in the book so I'll gladly try some.

I think I will stick to the PP and do the SS as the h&f for a couple of days and see how I go.

Weetabix and ketchup are considered treats because they are very high in sugar. What you need to consider when looking at eating healthy is not just the fat content but also the sugar and salt content. That is what is taken into account when deciding the filling and healthy list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Up 6lbs. Sounds awful but I'm so relieved. That's after 6 weeks of eating and drinking rings around myself. I'm so relieved to have WI over and excited to get back on track. Hope to have those 6lbs gone in 2 weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey everyone :)

I hope you're all doing well. I'm just back from my WI and I've never been so delighted to have a gain. Three weeks since last WI with Christmas and New Year in between and I'm only up one pound! I couldn't believe it!

Today is also one year exactly since I joined WW. One year in and 51.5lbs lighter. Joining WW was the best decision I ever made! :D

What's everyone thinking about Simple Start? I'm not totally mad about it tbh. I just feel that I've done so well with the ProPoints plan that I don't want to change now, even if it is only for a week. Plus, I don't have control over all of my meals as I'm still living at home. My Mam prepares my dinner. I also hate the idea of Wheatabix being a treat, I have it twice a week for breakfast. :confused:

Is anyone giving it a go? I think I'll stick with the ProPoints this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done everyone! Whether you've lost or gained, you've all found your way back to Weight Watchers which is the most important thing. What is a few lbs gained in the grand scheme of things? Nothing! :)

@Purple - 50 lbs is an absolutely amazing loss for just a year! You should be so proud of yourself for that!

My first weigh in of 2014 is tomorrow and I can't wait to go back. I was hoping to STS, so we'll see what happens. My Dad is also rejoining with me, he was once a gold member and thinks he's great. :P I'm not sure if I'll try the SS, maybe my leader will persuade me. (Wheatabix are treats?! Wth!)

Just on my way home from college absolutely starving will have to plan better next week as I went over my points by 4 points today, not the end of the world I can take them out of my weeklies cos I'm not going out this weekend! But someone is sitting behind me on the bus eating a bag of chips, I want to kill him the smell is driving me insane :-(

Hey all, I am just back from my weigh in and all my hard work paid off this week because I was down a half pound so was happy with that:) Was feeling very down this morning and it gave me a bit of an unexpected boost. Anyway Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I am just back from my weigh in and all my hard work paid off this week because I was down a half pound so was happy with that:) Was feeling very down this morning and it gave me a bit of an unexpected boost. Anyway Onwards and Downwards:)

Well done honeygirl! Great to see so many back on the wagon.

Hey everyone :)

I hope you're all doing well. I'm just back from my WI and I've never been so delighted to have a gain. Three weeks since last WI with Christmas and New Year in between and I'm only up one pound! I couldn't believe it!

Today is also one year exactly since I joined WW. One year in and 51.5lbs lighter. Joining WW was the best decision I ever made! :D

What's everyone thinking about Simple Start? I'm not totally mad about it tbh. I just feel that I've done so well with the ProPoints plan that I don't want to change now, even if it is only for a week. Plus, I don't have control over all of my meals as I'm still living at home. My Mam prepares my dinner. I also hate the idea of Wheatabix being a treat, I have it twice a week for breakfast. :confused:

Is anyone giving it a go? I think I'll stick with the ProPoints this week.

Hi Purple Pawprints, Congratulations on doing so well, you should be so proud of yourself. 51 pounds is such a lot to lose, you are a total inspiration to us all:) Go you:)

• Advertisement

Just reading through the simple start plan and I am not really sure how I feel about it, a lot of the foods that I would use like low fat mayo and olives and low fat cheese are on the treat list and I use those and more daily. The filling and healthy list puts the fear of god into me because I cant understand how you would get away with not measuring and pointing things like rice and potatoes wraps and more. It is very like the slimming world plan. My fear about this would be that people will think they have free reign to eat all they want from this list and put up more weight. I will read on but don't think its for me.

Advertisement