Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

honeygirl wrote: »
    Just reading through the simple start plan and I am not really sure how I feel about it, a lot of the foods that I would use like low fat mayo and olives and low fat cheese are on the treat list and I use those and more daily. The filling and healthy list puts the fear of god into me because I cant understand how you would get away with not measuring and pointing things like rice and potatoes wraps and more. It is very like the slimming world plan. My fear about this would be that people will think they have free reign to eat all they want from this list and put up more weight. I will read on but don't think its for me.
    That's exactly how I feel, but in my class my leader managed to get us all enthusiastic about it. I was totally on board leaving the room, but later that night I had a reality check, the reason I am in weight watchers is cos I need the control of the points. I've gotten my gold card once, I've learned all the lessons, yet I'm still back here again. So I know that for me points are the key factor. That said I've eaten simple and healthy foods where possible, but just pointed them. I haven't counted my yoghurt as a treat, I've taken it our of my daily allowance and I've changed around my meals a good bit, trying to use more in the morning and eating things that aren't on my "go to" list. I feel good about what I've eaten so far this week, and I haven't been hungry, so we'll see how it goes at wi! if all goes well, this might be an option for me every little while to shake up my weight loss and get me off any plateaus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

My leader was the same, she had us all rearing to go.. I will give it a try but like yourself will be watching the portions and pointing as I go along.

My leader was the same, she had us all rearing to go.. I will give it a try but like yourself will be watching the portions and pointing as I go along.
    we can start our own rebel weight watcher club!!! :D

Ha that's gas:D Anyone else want to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

I had my first WI of the year this evening and I was delighted to be down 5lbs! I totally wasn't expecting it so it was a lovely surprise. I'm not so fond of the SS for myself, though. It's great for new members who need to be guided and eased in to things, but I don't think it would suit me. I'm happy with my own routine and with the foods I eat, so I'll stick with the propoints for now. I might do one or two days on the SS, but I'm not overly keen on it for the moment.

Anyone who tries the SS please let us know how you are finding it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Foxed wrote: »
    I had my first WI of the year this evening and I was delighted to be down 5lbs!

Thats amazing Foxed - Well Done!

Hi to all on the thread. I haven't logged on in just over a year - took a sabbatical to grow a baby - the little lady arrived in September healthy and happy thank God!
    I haven't had time to come on boards before now - its just been craazy but I always found this thread to be a massive support in the past so hope ye'll take me back! :)
    I did go back to my meeting after my 6 week check up tho and lost 12lbs for Xmas! :D Just put on 1.5lbs over the xmas which I'm actually delighted with!!

How are you all finding the simple start plan? I was always too afraid to try a F+H day (let alone F+H week) but I'm absolutely loving the plan (all of the two days I've done!). I haven't been hungry and have had no sugar cravings at all! However, I am very afraid I won't have lost weight come the wi next tuesday. I can't believe I can eat when I feel like it and still lose weight! :eek: Anyone else feeling the same??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel the same, I'm sticking with the ProPoints. I'm just not convinced by the SS plan tbh. I don't like change though so that could be why. I also hate the idea of honey and wheatabix being treats! I have them together 2 - 3 days a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Hi All,
    I just joined up to WW tonight, had been a member a few years ago and lost 4 stone, managed to find it over the years and am back to lose it, and more, now!
    Its strange I am more determined than ever at the min, but I was slightly put off by the simple start plan, but here's hoping it works!
    I have read through some of the thread and love the idea of online support, I also joined the ww Facebook page but I like the anonymity of here better so I hope you all don't mind if I join you?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭dasa29

I was at my meeting today was up 2pounds over xmas thought it would be worse, our leader did try and sell ss. But was not sure we were for it as it was a men only class, so she said its for this week and week 2 will have the 49 instead of treats, Also that after week 3 we can mix and match during a week, i.e. day 1 pp, day 2 ss, etc but that could change.

Foxed wrote: »
    I had my first WI of the year this evening and I was delighted to be down 5lbs! I totally wasn't expecting it so it was a lovely surprise. I'm not so fond of the SS for myself, though. It's great for new members who need to be guided and eased in to things, but I don't think it would suit me. I'm happy with my own routine and with the foods I eat, so I'll stick with the propoints for now. I might do one or two days on the SS, but I'm not overly keen on it for the moment.

Anyone who tries the SS please let us know how you are finding it. :)

My god that's a brilliant weight loss,:) well done! Any tips?

• Advertisement

JudyD wrote: »
    Thats amazing Foxed - Well Done!

Hi to all on the thread. I haven't logged on in just over a year - took a sabbatical to grow a baby - the little lady arrived in September healthy and happy thank God!
    I haven't had time to come on boards before now - its just been craazy but I always found this thread to be a massive support in the past so hope ye'll take me back! :)
    I did go back to my meeting after my 6 week check up tho and lost 12lbs for Xmas! :D Just put on 1.5lbs over the xmas which I'm actually delighted with!!

How are you all finding the simple start plan? I was always too afraid to try a F+H day (let alone F+H week) but I'm absolutely loving the plan (all of the two days I've done!). I haven't been hungry and have had no sugar cravings at all! However, I am very afraid I won't have lost weight come the wi next tuesday. I can't believe I can eat when I feel like it and still lose weight! :eek: Anyone else feeling the same??

Hi JudyD I have to say I am a bit afraid of the ss and it has a lot of the foods I use on a daily basis on the treats list but I am going to try it on certain days. I think I will be watching my portions tho. Congrats on the baby:)
    Pokiedots wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I just joined up to WW tonight, had been a member a few years ago and lost 4 stone, managed to find it over the years and am back to lose it, and more, now!
    Its strange I am more determined than ever at the min, but I was slightly put off by the simple start plan, but here's hoping it works!
    I have read through some of the thread and love the idea of online support, I also joined the ww Facebook page but I like the anonymity of here better so I hope you all don't mind if I join you?

Hi Pokiedots, I like the anonymity of this site as well and its great to see more people coming on here because it means more support:) Welcome and good luck:)

Welcome to anyone who has come back or joined lately I don't go on facebook so its nice to see so many here:) This is a great site for support and I hate when it gets quiet.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Ok I have decided I am definitely going to give simple start ago. There are a few things I dont agree with such as things like lean lamb, duck breast (skin removed its actually very low fat) and smoked salmon not being on the list of foods available. I think these are much healthier and much more difficult to actually overeat than the likes of your crumpets and low calorie breads. I'm not sure the list of foods is sustainable long term as I do find the options a little limited.

With all of that being said I trust weight watchers. THey have got me to goal by following their program and if they say this works then who am I to argue. It may not suit me but I will never learn if I do not give it a go. If I had this attitude when they brought in propoints as a change from points I may never have lost the weight in the first place. So from today no more complaining and questioning. I am going to go to the meeting tomorrow with an open mind and will take it all in. If after the first week i find its not for me I got back to propoints and no harm done. The worst that can happen is a I see a gain in the first week which to be honest I don't think will happen. I think the reality is I'll either find that I am too restricted in my options or I love it. I don't think if I stick to it properly I will gain.

So heres to embracing change and see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

absolutelyupforthislol

Pokiedots wrote: »
    ...so I hope you all don't mind if I join you?
    Super big welcome :-D :D:D

I decided to skip this weeks class. Feels like a good idea this morning, but it might come back and bite me in the ass.....! I am feeling good and it wasn't for hiding or shame reasons I didn't go- Instead of going into where the meeting was I actually veered off right and went and ran week four day one of the couch to 5k.

Reallllllllllllllllly didn't think I was going to be able to manage the last 5 minute jog but I turned my thoughts into positive ones and managed until the end. Hoping to manage well without WW this week and next, using it as a test of sorts. I finish my time trials next week for sports and then will use my final pre pay the following week and asess where i'm at.

Hope everyone is getting on well anyway, hoping to be just under 14 stone at next meeting to bring me into the 13s before February. That'd be fab! I am 14st 4.5lb at the moment. Clothes are alot looser, my tracksuit bottoms are slipping a bit! :D:D

Hey everyone :)

Today is also one year exactly since I joined WW. One year in and 51.5lbs lighter. Joining WW was the best decision I ever made! :D

That is SO inspiring to hear you are down 51.5lbs - holy mother of !!!
    That is pretty much consistent loss of 1lb a week with a couple off for Christmas etc, fair fecking play to you that is some serious dedication right there. Inspired. I now want to write down my weight and start date so I can hopefully be even somewhere near as big a loss in the one year. Well done to you.

Hey all, I am just back from my weigh in and all my hard work paid off this week because I was down a half pound so was happy with that:) Was feeling very down this morning and it gave me a bit of an unexpected boost. Anyway Onwards and Downwards:)

congratulations on the loss honeygirl :-) :D

oops i should probably try to streamline my posts all into one! will try that from now on, sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Right so, the weekend is here and my usual Friday brain is kicking in "Go on, it's Friday, treat yourself, it's been a long week"....GRR. I literally had to talk to myself out of just caving in and buying something sweet. TOM arrived today so I'm presuming that's where the cravings are coming from. I ended up buying a banana and a packet of the special K cracker crisps (2pp) so not too bad in the end.

I'm living in London at the moment and have friends coming over for the weekend. We're going for afternoon tea tomorrow and a few drinks so gonna wipe out my 49 pp on that. I've got supplies in to make breakfast though so gonna save points there and brings some fruit with me to snack on while exploring during the day. Hope everyone has a great weekend and manages to stay firmly on the wagon! :)

metime wrote: »
    Hope everyone is getting on well anyway, hoping to be just under 14 stone at next meeting to bring me into the 13s before February. That'd be fab! I am 14st 4.5lb at the moment. Clothes are alot looser, my tracksuit bottoms are slipping a bit! :D:D

You and me both metime - My next mini-goal is to break into the 13's. Probably won't make it next wi - but hopefully the one after! :) Have a great weekend!

Ok I have decided I am definitely going to give simple start ago. There are a few things I dont agree with such as things like lean lamb, duck breast (skin removed its actually very low fat) and smoked salmon not being on the list of foods available. I think these are much healthier and much more difficult to actually overeat than the likes of your crumpets and low calorie breads. I'm not sure the list of foods is sustainable long term as I do find the options a little limited.

With all of that being said I trust weight watchers. THey have got me to goal by following their program and if they say this works then who am I to argue. It may not suit me but I will never learn if I do not give it a go. If I had this attitude when they brought in propoints as a change from points I may never have lost the weight in the first place. So from today no more complaining and questioning. I am going to go to the meeting tomorrow with an open mind and will take it all in. If after the first week i find its not for me I got back to propoints and no harm done. The worst that can happen is a I see a gain in the first week which to be honest I don't think will happen. I think the reality is I'll either find that I am too restricted in my options or I love it. I don't think if I stick to it properly I will gain.

So heres to embracing change and see what happens!

You got to goal since I met you here last TinyPenguin - Congratulations!! Thats such great news - its always lovely to hear and see people getting to goal - it just makes it seem that bit more achievable! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

JudyD wrote: »
    You got to goal since I met you here last TinyPenguin - Congratulations!! Thats such great news - its always lovely to hear and see people getting to goal - it just makes it seem that bit more achievable! :)

Thanks Judy :) I got to goal last february and somehow have managed to maintain for the past year! Coming up to my goal anniversary which is very very exciting. I don't post on here nearly as much as a i used to but have always lurked around keeping an eye on things as its always so encouraging to see other people doing well. It def helps keep me on the straight and narrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I decided to skip this weeks class. Feels like a good idea this morning, but it might come back and bite me in the ass.....! I am feeling good and it wasn't for hiding or shame reasons I didn't go- Instead of going into where the meeting was I actually veered off right and went and ran week four day one of the couch to 5k.

Reallllllllllllllllly didn't think I was going to be able to manage the last 5 minute jog but I turned my thoughts into positive ones and managed until the end. Hoping to manage well without WW this week and next, using it as a test of sorts. I finish my time trials next week for sports and then will use my final pre pay the following week and asess where i'm at.

You're doing so well on the couch 2 5k that you've inspired me to start! I've downloaded the podcasts and will start tonight - wish me luck!

jubella wrote: »
    You're doing so well on the couch 2 5k that you've inspired me to start! I've downloaded the podcasts and will start tonight - wish me luck!

Ah brilliant! :-D Best of luck with it!!

A question about QUARK-
    Does anyone know where to get it, or what brand makes it? I have no idea what it looks like or what it is but it is in this Simple start book - theres a lovely berry toast rescipe on page 15 of the booklet that uses quark, would like to try it but a bit confused. Tesco.ie isn't showing it up. Any suggestions? Is it the same as cottage cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BettyLand

Is anyone else finding the Simple Start really hard? Today is only day 1 for me and I am already struggling :-(

A question about QUARK-
    Does anyone know where to get it, or what brand makes it? I have no idea what it looks like or what it is but it is in this Simple start book - theres a lovely berry toast rescipe on page 15 of the booklet that uses quark, would like to try it but a bit confused. Tesco.ie isn't showing it up. Any suggestions? Is it the same as cottage cheese?
    I saw it in Dunnes recently, its usually with the cottage cheese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

A question about QUARK-
    Does anyone know where to get it, or what brand makes it? I have no idea what it looks like or what it is but it is in this Simple start book

I'm the same, never heard of it.. Will be keeping my eyes open!

I'm loving the SS :) I joined ww in September with a stone to lose but got stuck on 10 stone in Nov and after STS for 5 weeks I lost total heart.. I went back on Tuesday and put up 2lbs over Christmas. I feel this is a fresh start and Ill be able to shed the 5lbs to get me to goal!

Our leader made a good point. She said that although everything is free think before you eat 'Is this how much someone who wants to lose weight should eat. The foods are free but not a free-for-all.' This idea has really stuck with me and I'm back motivated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AKSMAGS

I saw quark today in supervalu in Merrion, it's a small shop so I assume all the supervalu's should have it aswel! Decided not to get it as I'd have no idea what to do with it! Was very nervous about trying simple start, as didn't trust myself with portion control, but I had gotten to a stage of using about half my dailies on treats and having to restrict my meals as a result, so I felt SS might help! The portion control so far hasn't been as difficult as I thought, I just try eat slower and evaluate whether I'm full throughout my meal! Felt almost dizzy though earlier I had such a craving for chocolate! Using my treats on ww hot choc, as there's no way I could buy a bar of chocloate and only eat 2 squares! Just had bowl of chopped fruit with natural yougart, which was yum...feel I'm definately eating better so far anyway, and although I'm resisting the urge to count my points, I imagine I'm under my daily allowance! I went back to class this week after being away for 5 weeks including study week, exams, and Christmas, so I was relieved to only be up 1.5lbs! I'm going away for the weekend in two weeks so am hoping this two week plan is effective and has me down 3 or 4 pounds by then! I realise this was a very random input, as I haven't posted in ages...hope ye don't mind! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Well Simple Start has been a disaster for me. All control gone out the window :-( Defo going to be up on tues, will have to try & find my will power & start tracking properly tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Today is day 2 of simple start for me, I found yeaterday ok but today is def harder for me, Although I feel I ate alot yesterday, and ate stuff I would usually avoid WW Petit Pain, WW Bread, Potatoes......ah well I have to trust the programme!

I am at work today and there is a big box of chocs from xmas sat on my desk, I would just move them but the girl i am working with is munching away, ( we share a desk) i asked her to move them over beside her on the floor or somewhere and she just keeps moving them back grrr, somehow my fruit just isnt comparing to them!

Advertisement