Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Got the quark and fromage frais in SuperValu... An Irish company 'Kilbegg Dairies' do them.. Looking forward to trying them with some SS recipes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

BettyLand wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding the Simple Start really hard? Today is only day 1 for me and I am already struggling :-(

Hi Bettyland, I am finding the programme hard too because a lot of the foods I usally use are on the treats list and foods that I have been avoiding are on the normal list. I am sure weight watchers know what they are doing and in a few weeks we will know how to work the new plan. Welcome to the site:)
    WhiteTiger wrote: »
    Well Simple Start has been a disaster for me. All control gone out the window :-( Defo going to be up on tues, will have to try & find my will power & start tracking properly tomorrow!

Hi whiteTiger, I decided to go with the simple start in the end and I also lost the run of myself and have eaten more bread and potatoes etc then I should. You could say I fell off the wagon and the wagon rolled away. Gonna try and pull it back now. Don't get down over it you have been doing so well, we will all work out how to use this plan soon enough:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I really didn't stick to ss. I ate out almost every night I had desserts. Went to the cinema twice and had popcorn -18pps each!!!! Chocolate at work and the greasy option on Friday chips fried chicken etc. Somehow stayed the same. But I'll be pointing this week. I like the idea of simple start but I think it's very restrictive. Everything needs to be homemade pretty much and I just don't have time for that

Pokiedots wrote: »
    Today is day 2 of simple start for me, I found yeaterday ok but today is def harder for me, Although I feel I ate alot yesterday, and ate stuff I would usually avoid WW Petit Pain, WW Bread, Potatoes......ah well I have to trust the programme!

I am at work today and there is a big box of chocs from xmas sat on my desk, I would just move them but the girl i am working with is munching away, ( we share a desk) i asked her to move them over beside her on the floor or somewhere and she just keeps moving them back grrr, somehow my fruit just isnt comparing to them!

Hi hope you stayed strong:)
    Got the quark and fromage frais in SuperValu... An Irish company 'Kilbegg Dairies' do them.. Looking forward to trying them with some SS recipes :)

Thanks for that, let us know if it tastes nice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I have been pointing my simple start thus week and I feel ok about it though truth will be told on Tuesday. I am happy to try it again next week though sticking with pointing it as I definitely feel I've eaten healthier this week. I'm off to the supermarket to stock up as I was a little caught off guard last week and only had slimsters bread etc in the house (didnt worry too much as I was still pointing) but I'm gonna give it a big push this week, and I'm gonna try a good few recepies from the book this week!....I generally use a good bit of light cream cheese for pasta dishes etc so I'll definitely be subbing in quark for that not wasting treats on cheese!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BettyLand

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Bettyland, I am finding the programme hard too because a lot of the foods I usally use are on the treats list and foods that I have been avoiding are on the normal list. I am sure weight watchers know what they are doing and in a few weeks we will know how to work the new plan. Welcome to the site:)

Thanks Honeygirl. Weighin this week will be interesting!
    Hope you have a good week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Thanks for that, let us know if it tastes nice:)

Used the quark last night with mixed herbs and pepper. Mixed together it was like the herby philadelphia spread. I put it on a WW bagel with tomato and it was lovely :)

Used the fromage frais with egg and paprika this morning and was also nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

First week weigh in today and down - 3.2lb very happy with that. Doing it at home and this thread has been a great help. Goal is 20lbs by 1st of April (holidays)

Just 1 question - Should you use all exercise points or would it be better not to use them? If you use them do you use them on the day or add to weekly's or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Pingi wrote: »
    First week weigh in today and down - 3.2lb very happy with that. Doing it at home and this thread has been a great help. Goal is 20lbs by 1st of April (holidays)

Just 1 question - Should you use all exercise points or would it be better not to use them? If you use them do you use them on the day or add to weekly's or does it matter?

Well done great loss!!

Have found the weekend very tough but have managed to stay within my points. Had a few drinks after work on Friday which meant I missed dinner ended up picking at a few cocktail sausages and had half a ham sambo but managed to resist Burger King on the way home thank god. Quite bold today had some poppy Vienna and pâté for dinner but still had 40 of my 49 weeklies left so think I'll be ok

Fingers crossed for my 1st weigh in tomorrow morning

Hi Pingi, Great loss for your first week congrats on that:) I use all of my dailies and all of my 49 weeklies and tend not to use the exercise points, tho they are good to have stored in case you have a bad day. I would think you could use them throughout the week but could be corrected on that. Good luck with the weight loss:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Weigh in Tuesday and it'll be interesting to see how it goes after Simple Start. I have really enjoyed the programme and it is definitely a great way to get you eating healthy. I had a migraine though which was a good thing as I think it was from eating less sugar. I did slip up slightly last night and had 3 mini mars bars but given that previous Saturday nights in involved large bags of crisps and chocolate, I am quite happy with that. It'll be interesting to see how Tuesday goes. I feel like I've finally got my head around the plan and I am looking forward to week 2.

Its best not to use your exercise points. Exercise should be an additional way to boost the weight loss. They should only be used on rare occasions if you really need them. If you are doing intense exercise, make sure you eat all your dailies plus weeklies to make sure you're getting enough food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I stuck to counting PP this week, didn't fancy SS.

I have feck all willpower. I've 11.5lbs left and I have done for a good couple of months now. I feel like I'm in a rut. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I have feck all willpower. I've 11.5lbs left and I have done for a good couple of months now. I feel like I'm in a rut. :(

I would normally be the first to say I have no willpower but I have surprised myself. Now in saying that I did slip up a little yesterday but nothing major. Simple Start could be the kick you need to get the scales moving as your body could be so used to pp? That's why I decided to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Maybe.. See it's a bit difficult because my mam cooks dinner for me and I won't be able to follow SS, I know the PP of everything she uses so it's easy. Maybe I might try that after this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I've been sticking to pp too, but I've been trying to limit my treats the way simple start tries to. It does seem like a good way to get you spending your propoints on good food rather than treats, I just thought the list was too restrictive for my needs. I've been at this a few months now and have gotten into my own flow of things so don't want to mess it up!

In saying that though, if you're in a rut, maybe give the simple start a go. It's just one week, and since it's a new way of doing things, you'll be watching what you eat more. It couldn't hurt anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Hi all. Long time lurker on this post, it's been a life saver for me.

I decided to post now as I was a gold member, but went back to find out about the SS plan. I had come to a complete standstill with regard to my weight...I had reached my goal but struggled to maintain it. I tracked every single morsel! When I went to the meeting last week, the one thing the leader said that encouraged me to give it a go was "if you never give change a shot, you'll never change" so I'm hoping the change from pointing will give me a boost.

I love the healthy and filling list, even if it was a bit daunting to begin with and I was really confused about the treats. I don't eat bread much, I could devour a loaf in a heartbeat, so I use Ryvita and the like. It wasn't on the list so I asked my leader and she said if it's not on the list, it's not allowed. Ryvita?!!! That kinda scared me! I'm still tracking what I do eat, just to keep an eye on myself ;)

I'm away with work this week so will miss my weigh in and I don't own a scales myself, so I'll have to wait another week. Fingers crossed and good luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AKSMAGS

Sticking on plan all week, finding SS great, keeping a loose eye on my points, and it's crazy how much value you get for your points when you're eating good food...so all going great and now this morning in college the vending machine is calling me. Half 9 in the morning and I am craving chocolate so bad...I can't cave now, or I'll be off the rails for the rest of the day! I'm also frustrated as I've been within my points every day, sticking to the SS list, never having more than my two treats, yet my scales aren't budging...not even half a pound! I'm all for slow and steady weight-loss but usually after eating crap for 5 weeks, and suddenly eating really well again, I have a good big loss for the first week! Part of me wants to go back to PP as it was working better, but on the other hand I'm eating so much healthier now, it would be terrible to give it up...Can't wait to start hearing the results of SS this week, and see if the plan really is successful! Good luck with WI's everyone!

Well was down 1.2lbs on the scales this morning which I am happy with considering I was up 2lbs on Thursday when I had a sneaky look!!

Wasn't very organised this weekend so have to do up a meal plan for the week.

I really struggle with lunches, what do people here find themselves having?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

SunnieT wrote: »
    Well was down 1.2lbs on the scales this morning which I am happy with considering I was up 2lbs on Thursday when I had a sneaky look!!

Soup Soup Soup and more soup!! I bought one of these and its perfect for bring a hot lunch to work (works for food other than just soup too!!)
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9270563.htm

We don't have a microwave in work so this is brilliant, I usually fill it at 7am and food is still piping hot at 1pm. if I feel like taking a break from Soup, I will stick some rice veg and tuna in the rice cooker with a chicken stock cube and some garlic paste and its delicious! You can really throw any leftovers at all into the flask tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 breener220

Hi guys, new to this thread, great info and tips reading back on all the posts.
    Started back in WW last week for the 3rd time and on Simple Start this week. Finding it very restrictive and hard, i think the lack of butter, mayo, proper dressings that's what I find the hardest. Its great being able to have bread or a slimbo but then u have to use 1 of your treats if u want butter or mayo, just dont find it flexible at all. Really struggling with breakfasts and lunches! Anyone else getting bad headaches from the lack of sugar etc.??
    I would say a lot of people will lose weight this week on SS, but I can't wait to get back to pro-pointing next week and having more variety and TASTE!! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Totally binged on pizza take out last night, including sides, cookies, dips and full fat coke - even had it for breakfast too.
    Not gonna beat myself up over it. I regret it in some ways but not in other ways. It was horrible, but now I remember how gross it is to binge like that and have no desire to do that again. Tasteless and am parched.

I bounced back nicely this morning, woke up early (probably from all the caffeine - HAHA) and applied for a rake load of jobs and did day two of week four of couch to 5k. Also was way more focused when out as I had to be or I would have thrown up. Gained some nuggets of insight on my run and things are seeming a bit clearer.

I have ordered new roller skates and i am ridiculously excited about that, will be using them in the park for sure. Trying to stay interested and excited about fitness. Going to hoke out my SS booklet today and am thinking of getting on it for the rest of the week. Really feel i've done some damage after last night that i'm going to have to work very hard to undo but my god i'm going to try!! Hopefully will have a lot of the stuff from Simple start here and not have to go out and do a big shop.

Hope everyone is doing well this week! I look forward to rejoining you all with weekly weigh ins this week..... I need it!

P.S To think I used to have take away multiple nights a week - and eat that amount without batting an eyelid, AND go out drinking two or three nights. Omg, my poor body!

breener220 wrote: »
    Hi guys, new to this thread, great info and tips reading back on all the posts.
    Started back in WW last week for the 3rd time and on Simple Start this week. Finding it very restrictive and hard, i think the lack of butter, mayo, proper dressings that's what I find the hardest. Its great being able to have bread or a slimbo but then u have to use 1 of your treats if u want butter or mayo, just dont find it flexible at all. Really struggling with breakfasts and lunches! Anyone else getting bad headaches from the lack of sugar etc.??
    I would say a lot of people will lose weight this week on SS, but I can't wait to get back to pro-pointing next week and having more variety and TASTE!! ;-)

Your body is detoxing from the sugar by the sounds of it - you're probably going to lose a load of weight if you make sure you drink enough water to get rid of the toxins. How about quark for the slimbo? I think I saw that n the SS list. Or how about trying an alternative to the slimbo? (Am thinking of yuk sung from the chinese where they use big crisp lovely lettuce leaves to wrap fillings in?)
    I need to re read the SS book I am being a bit useless here but you are doing really well - to be detoxing from sugar and getting headaches is in my opinion visible proof that you have drastically cut your sugar intake and that your weight loss will reflect that! ANd the beauty of it is you are probably eating a load of fresh lovely food!

When I was organised I was getting GREAT losses. Like really great -
    I'm all over the place at the moment and between all sorts of plans and diet ideas in my head. I am going to do simple start for the rest of the week and rejoin the classes next Tuesday. It needs to happen.

yeah I was bold today and got a sandwich and had a packet of crisps :o at least I have tracked it all which in the past I would never have done and while it will put me 4 points over my dailies that's not the end of the world!

Have done up a list of dinners and lunches for the week though so will get back on track tomorrow.

Plan for lunches is -
    Tesco Cheesy baked potato (6 points) with salad and homecooked ham (2 points)
    Grilled chicken breast and couscous with roasted veg - 8 points
    Mini pitta bread with grilled chicken breast, salsa and reduced fat cheese - 8 points

Feel better now I have a plan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Can someone tell me the pp in the country kitchen bagel - multispeed please.

yeah I was bold today and got a sandwich and had a packet of crisps :o at least I have tracked it all which in the past I would never have done and while it will put me 4 points over my dailies that's not the end of the world!

Have done up a list of dinners and lunches for the week though so will get back on track tomorrow.

Plan for lunches is -
    Tesco Cheesy baked potato (6 points) with salad and homecooked ham (2 points)
    Grilled chicken breast and couscous with roasted veg - 8 points
    Mini pitta bread with grilled chicken breast, salsa and reduced fat cheese - 8 points

Feel better now I have a plan!!

Make double, i'm coming over :-D... Teehehe. Jk, but they sound yummers! And I totally hear you, a sandwich and crisps isn't going to put you up or be the end of the world. It's if you're doing it every day there's a problem!
    God to think of what I used to eat for lunch.... ew.

PLans are the mans, man. Thanks for reminding me of that - I read your post and remembered that I did very well with a plan so have just done the same myself and gone through all the presses and everything, and done up a bag of things to bring over to the fellas to make sure i stay on track there too. I say track, I mean eating well, as I am not pointing at all - it is ridiculous. But anyway - I had steamed salmon, spinach brocolli and sprouts for lunch with salt and dill for seasoning - with herbal tea (nettle and maté - it's been in the press for a while, was dubious, but was actually lovely) Then I have veg and a small bit of salmon steamed for dinner for later - will have some of the soup with it, and a piece of fruit this evening and a load of water. That's the plan anyway. Found a Freddo in the back of the press - I must say, I think that will also feature on tnights 'menu'. .... :-/ ...................................................

Have a breakfast of fruit and tea lined up for tomorrow, a lunch of mackerel, spinach, and a poached egg, and a dinner of cous cous with tuna and roast veg (got the roast veg and cous cous idea from you, thanks ;-) then fruit in the evening again and a cup of the soup if feeling peckish.

the house smells gorgeous with all the veg cooking! boom!
    trying a different way of doing a soup today - am steaming the veg, and going to stir fry the onion and garlic. The stock is the water from the steamer tray from all the delicious cooked veg, will salt it with a bit of miso paste. And am going to season with coriander and some other bits. Have absolutely no idea how it's going to work but will soon find out. I should really read this simple start book again.

Turrah for now!
    </life story>

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

I'm getting weighed tomorrow & it'll be bad news. Done simple start this week & I'm up 2lbs on my own scales :-(
    Back to propoints for me!

metime wrote: »
    Make double, i'm coming over :-D... Teehehe. Jk, but they sound yummers! And I totally hear you, a sandwich and crisps isn't going to put you up or be the end of the world. It's if you're doing it every day there's a problem!
    God to think of what I used to eat for lunch.... ew.

PLans are the mans, man. Thanks for reminding me of that - I read your post and remembered that I did very well with a plan so have just done the same myself and gone through all the presses and everything, and done up a bag of things to bring over to the fellas to make sure i stay on track there too. I say track, I mean eating well, as I am not pointing at all - it is ridiculous. But anyway - I had steamed salmon, spinach brocolli and sprouts for lunch with salt and dill for seasoning - with herbal tea (nettle and maté - it's been in the press for a while, was dubious, but was actually lovely) Then I have veg and a small bit of salmon steamed for dinner for later - will have some of the soup with it, and a piece of fruit this evening and a load of water. That's the plan anyway. Found a Freddo in the back of the press - I must say, I think that will also feature on tnights 'menu'. .... :-/ ...................................................

Have a breakfast of fruit and tea lined up for tomorrow, a lunch of mackerel, spinach, and a poached egg, and a dinner of cous cous with tuna and roast veg (got the roast veg and cous cous idea from you, thanks ;-) then fruit in the evening again and a cup of the soup if feeling y>

Sounds great now we just need to stick to our plans!!!

Sounds great now we just need to stick to our plans!!!

Dinner went as planned though am already plus a weight watchers peanut bar, and am eating an ice cream now. Am within pro points for the day though ....fruit and veg is amazing !!!........but the day ain't over yet :-S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

I am wondering if someone can answer a question for me.

I am thinking bout going back to weight watchers, but I am wonder what way there new programme works.

As I liked being able to point food my self. Can you still do that. As I would not be able to eat off the meal plans they set out. Cause I work in residential work where I work for 24 hours , and I eat what ever one else is having for dinner etc.

So on the new programe is it possible to point my own food.

Advertisement