Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

leanonme wrote: »
    I am wondering if someone can answer a question for me.

I am thinking bout going back to weight watchers, but I am wonder what way there new programme works.

As I liked being able to point food my self. Can you still do that. As I would not be able to eat off the meal plans they set out. Cause I work in residential work where I work for 24 hours , and I eat what ever one else is having for dinner etc.

So on the new programe is it possible to point my own food.

The Simple Start plan is just a way for newcomers to start their weight loss off. For the first week you stick to the list of filling and healthy foods (all veg, fruit, specific breads, seasonings, some meat/fish) and you can eat as much of that as you want with no pointing. In addition to this you are allowed two 'treats' a day. (Butter, chocolate, alcohol)

The second week of the plan sees the introduction of your 49 weekly points which allows more flexibility and allows new members to learn the pointing system, and then after that I think you are given the choice to propoint everything or stick to the filling and healthy business.

I think you could manage the Simple Start for one week since potatoes and veg are there on an all you can eat basis, so that would probably cover a lot of your in-house dinners? If not, you only have to 'suffer' for one week, or you could just point as normal because nobody would know! ;) It's not really a new plan so don't let it hold you back, it's just an alternative start that suits some people better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Thanks for that. Sounds like I should be able to manage it. Thanks. :-) will let you know how I get on. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Hi all
    I'm trying to get back in on ww. Just wondering could anyone help me propoint a panini you'd get in a deli counter..The ones with the sesame seeds. I had one today with chicken,cheese and butter... would 20pp cover it??
    Thanks... best of luck to everyone this ye at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    I'm getting weighed tomorrow & it'll be bad news. Done simple start this week & I'm up 2lbs on my own scales :-(
    Back to propoints for me!

Good luck with the weigh in you never know you might not be up. I think it will be all pro points for me next week as I am finding ss too hard to stick to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm on my third day of SS and I am surprised to say I am loving it. Its my TOTM which means I usually overload on treats and have very little food but I am finding the good quality food I am eating instead is actually keeping me satisfied and I am not really craving the treats. I am off chocolate for january so actually finding it hard to use my 2 treats in the evening and using it for things like feta cheese or avocado. If this goes well this week I may stick with F&H monday to friday and not touch the 49 extra and then switch the PP at the weekends. Still have 4 days to go so lets see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I didn't try the SS this week because I felt it would be too much of a pig out for me.

So sorry I didn't, the losses people had at meeting last night were unbelievable. Up to 6.5lbs.

I lost a miserable half a lb :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Weigh in today and I'm not feeling optimistic :( I don't think SS has worked for me this week, despite pointing it! I think STS it best case scenario for me, maybe it'll all work out next week.

I didn't try the SS this week because I felt it would be too much of a pig out for me.

So sorry I didn't, the losses people had at meeting last night were unbelievable. Up to 6.5lbs.

I lost a miserable half a lb :D

Hi Sittingpretty, A loss is a loss no matter what and every half pound adds up. It is also great losing 6.5lb all in one go but that is harder to maintain. Slowly but surely is better so congrats on your loss:)

Weigh in today and I'm not feeling optimistic :( I don't think SS has worked for me this week, despite pointing it! I think STS it best case scenario for me, maybe it'll all work out next week.

Good luck with the weigh in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Hey, this may seem like a silly question but I am trying to arrange to get to a meeting around my work schedule next week, I totally forgot to time how long a meeting is last week, does anyone know is it a standard length or different each time? The joys of unstructured shift work!
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

Pokiedots wrote: »
    Hey, this may seem like a silly question but I am trying to arrange to get to a meeting around my work schedule next week, I totally forgot to time how long a meeting is last week, does anyone know is it a standard length or different each time? The joys of unstructured shift work!
    Thanks!

Hi Pokiedots, the meeting that I go to is usually about half an hour and any others I have attended in the past have been the same. Hope that helps:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The meeting itself is half an hour, but there's also half an hour allocated for weigh ins! My class is advertised to start at 6.45, but until 7.15 it's just weigh ins, and then the class finishes at 7.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Pokiedots wrote: »
    Thanks!

The first 20/30 minutes is weigh in and then 20 minutes for the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Thanks for the replies! Hopefully i will get one, or even part of one I didnt want to just go for a weigh in but i guess its better than not going at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Ugh SS epic fail for me! Up 1.5lbs :-( Feel like my mojo has vanished. Have no interest at all today, dont know whats wrong with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Have no interest at all today, dont know whats wrong with me!

Try to think back why you joined initially.. Everyone gets fed up at times but it'll be worth it to stick with it for that feeling when you have another loss!

Weigh in tonight and lost the 2lbs I put up over Christmas.. Really enjoyed the SS this week so will stick with it.

I'm back on the weight which I held 5 weeks coming up to Christmas.. Really hoping now is the time I'll get past this mark!

I was down 2.5lbs tonight. I was slightly disappointed not to be down the 4lbs of my Christmas gain. However when I gain it can take me ages to lose that same gain, so I am happy with 2.5lbs. I did Simple Start but had a few small slip ups at the weekend. I think I'll probably alternate between the 2 plans, 2 weeks PP and 2 weeks SS. I really enjoyed SS and found it really helped me focus on healthy foods and cut down on the junk food. I actually found it difficult to finish my post weigh in treat tonight as I couldn't stomach the sugar! It'll be nice to have the 49 weeklies this week though for cheese and butter. My plan is to stick to the 2 treats during the week (taking them out of my 49) and then use the remaining weeklies over the weekend. This way I can focus on restricting the junk food so I don't slip back to old habits.
    Ugh SS epic fail for me! Up 1.5lbs :-( Feel like my mojo has vanished. Have no interest at all today, dont know whats wrong with me!

Sorry to hear that. Did you follow the plan exact? I found that there were days were I was picking and a few things like Lucozade slipped through. The other thing that could be wrong is the portion size. I still weighed everything as I know what portion suits me and I was less likely to over eat. The other aspect could be snacks. Did you eat much in between meals?

If you think SS is not for you then don't let it get to you. You tried it and it didn't work so move back to PP. The important thing is to not let one bad day ruin all your work. Its so easy to slip back into old ways and you will only feel worse if you do that. Put it behind you and start tomorrow in a positive mood and eat a good breakfast as it will set you up for a good day :)
    Try to think back why you joined initially.. Everyone gets fed up at times but it'll be worth it to stick with it for that feeling when you have another loss!

Weigh in tonight and lost the 2lbs I put up over Christmas.. Really enjoyed the SS this week so will stick with it.

I'm back on the weight which I held 5 weeks coming up to Christmas.. Really hoping now is the time I'll get past this mark!

Well done on the loss. I'm like you, trying to get past a certain point. I have 1.5lbs left to lose to get back to that point so hoping to lose that and a bit more next week. Perseverance has become my middle name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Glad to have found this thread. Thinking of going back to WW soon. Haven't been for about three years! But one of those was spent in a very bad depression and another working on getting over that and then last year I started just doing it myself a bit, without going back officially, but in September there was another major crisis in my family and that dragged everything off course again. So, I took the two weeks off at christmas to start cooking and eating properly again and even managed to get in a couple of good walks, too. Before waking up on New Year's day with a nasty cold. I swear I have some really deep-rooted psychological tick that makes me catch cold as soon as I start any kind of exercise, even if it's just walks round the park.

Anyway, was actually chatting to someone on Saturday who goes to WW and started getting enthusiastic about it again. Can't afford it but might just join online or just do it myself for a few months until I can. When I'm trying to eat healthily I kind of automatically do WW anyway, after years of going to it but always giving up before getting to goal. Actually, when I gave it up last time, it was mostly because things were just going badly for me but it was just after they changed the plan and since I was depressed and not coping well, it just totally overwhelmed me. But partly also because I never found a nice class here (live in Germany now).

So if ye don't mind I might stop in from time to time to at least get some Irish perspective on the whole thing. Even just reading a couple of pages here has brought back so much - it's like a whole other language and it's so much easier to do a whole other language in your own language, if you know what I mean. :) By the way, on the first page a couple of people mentioned a leader called Mary - is that Mary O'Brien? She used to do classes in, at various times, Ballsbridge/Donnybrook/Stillorgan? Lived in Clondalkin, I think and did classes there, too. She was a great leader - I loved her classes.

Misty Moon wrote: »
    Glad to have found this thread. Thinking of going back to WW soon. Haven't been for about three years! But one of those was spent in a very bad depression and another working on getting over that and then last year I started just doing it myself a bit, without going back officially, but in September there was another major crisis in my family and that dragged everything off course again. So, I took the two weeks off at christmas to start cooking and eating properly again and even managed to get in a couple of good walks, too. Before waking up on New Year's day with a nasty cold. I swear I have some really deep-rooted psychological tick that makes me catch cold as soon as I start any kind of exercise, even if it's just walks round the park.

Anyway, was actually chatting to someone on Saturday who goes to WW and started getting enthusiastic about it again. Can't afford it but might just join online or just do it myself for a few months until I can. When I'm trying to eat healthily I kind of automatically do WW anyway, after years of going to it but always giving up before getting to goal. Actually, when I gave it up last time, it was mostly because things were just going badly for me but it was just after they changed the plan and since I was depressed and not coping well, it just totally overwhelmed me. But partly also because I never found a nice class here (live in Germany now).

So if ye don't mind I might stop in from time to time to at least get some Irish perspective on the whole thing. Even just reading a couple of pages here has brought back so much - it's like a whole other language and it's so much easier to do a whole other language in your own language, if you know what I mean. :) By the way, on the first page a couple of people mentioned a leader called Mary - is that Mary O'Brien? She used to do classes in, at various times, Ballsbridge/Donnybrook/Stillorgan? Lived in Clondalkin, I think and did classes there, too. She was a great leader - I loved her classes.

Sorry to hear about your tough time. Weight loss is not an easy thing to do and when there are other things getting in the way, it gets that bit harder. You have made the first step to getting back into it. This thread is great for motivation. I struggled last year and it was only just before Christmas that I found the motivation again. My advice is to keep it simple. Start with the kitchen/food/tracker and work on that and then move onto exercise. Start planning your meals in advance and track everything that you eat. Take it a day at a time as it can take a while to get into the swing of things. Once you are comfortable with tracking and you have lost some weight, try to look at exercising and improving the quality of foods. These will help you keep the weight off long term.

Don't focus too much on the end goal, only when you need the motivation! A good way to get started is to right a list of reasons why you want to lose weight. Then weight out your mini goals that you will achieve along the way (things like silven seven, 5%, new stone bracket etc). Remember that you will slip up, you're only human. One bad day will not ruin weeks of hard work, so make sure not to let it turn into a bad week. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!

Mary has retired from WW. I go to Stillorgan classes where there is a new leader, Corina. She's lovely and really good. Not sure who took over the Clondalkin meetings. If you are going to do WW online, sign up for the UK one. It's much better. The only thing is, you will need to use a UK address so loads of people just use some random hotel. You won't get the books that they post out but all that information can be found online anyway. There's loads of resources available to online UK members.

Down 2.5 last night! Thats all my Christmas weight so I'm delighted. Ss seems to have worked well for ppl. One lady in my class lost 9lbs!! I'm impressesd with the effects of ss so I'll give it a go again this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI at 9.30 for me.. eeep. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

Ye are doing brilliantly. I found about 2 days into SS I started to slip with the no counting & weighing & I def was over eating. My mood has been v down the last few days.
    I got some great news yesterday that shouldve haad me over the moon but I was just flat. I have pcos so my period (sorry tmi) is a few weeks late so this is def not helping.
    I started back on meds for the pcos & my mood has majorly dropped so I twigged last night it might be to do with the meds, quick google search & it seems to be a common side effect of the glucophage,
    I have a history with depression anyway but was doing good on that front so I'm going back to my doctor today to find out if I should come off them :-)
    Will check back in later when my cling on (3 yr old son) has been surgically removed from my arms :-)

I haven't had a good week at all. I thought I'd be so motivated the first week back but my head just hasn't been in it. I'm finding the transition from Christmas binging back to eating healthily very difficult. I didn't track properly at ALL. My work clothes have definitely been feeling a little snugger since Christmas so I'm raging because of that. Just have to write the last week off and really try my best from now on.

Hi WhiteTiger, Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good and sorry to hear you were up this week. Try and draw a line under it and maybe go back to pro points because you were doing so well. Hope you feel better soon

I haven't had a good week at all. I thought I'd be so motivated the first week back but my head just hasn't been in it. I'm finding the transition from Christmas binging back to eating healthily very difficult. I didn't track properly at ALL. My work clothes have definitely been feeling a little snugger since Christmas so I'm raging because of that. Just have to write the last week off and really try my best from now on.

Hi, Just keep going and don't be too hard on yourself because you did go through a hard time before Christmas. It might take a while but you will get back into it and the motivation will come back:)

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi, Just keep going and don't be too hard on yourself because you did go through a hard time before Christmas. It might take a while but you will get back into it and the motivation will come back:)

Thanks honeygirl :) I'll be happy with a STS tonight but am actually expecting a gain. Whatever it is, I'll just dust myself off and try and get back to it this week :)

Ye are doing brilliantly. I found about 2 days into SS I started to slip with the no counting & weighing & I def was over eating. My mood has been v down the last few days.
    I got some great news yesterday that shouldve haad me over the moon but I was just flat. I have pcos so my period (sorry tmi) is a few weeks late so this is def not helping.
    I started back on meds for the pcos & my mood has majorly dropped so I twigged last night it might be to do with the meds, quick google search & it seems to be a common side effect of the glucophage,
    I have a history with depression anyway but was doing good on that front so I'm going back to my doctor today to find out if I should come off them :-)
    Will check back in later when my cling on (3 yr old son) has been surgically removed from my arms :-)
    Hi Whitetiger, I know how you feel I've a history of depression too and am on meds for it, I had such a S*** week last week and I didn't really care about ww that much, and I was angry at WW for changing the plan which didn't help my mood I was really dwelling on that, and I was definitely having days where I thought "I don't care I'm just going to eat, I was happy when I was fat!" (in reality I was in denial when I was fat!) When all that is going on in the background it can really be hard to get your mind right for weight loss. Try put it behind you and move forward this week, even gaining and knowing is better than slowly quietly gaining and being oblivious to the fact!
    Try take a few minutes to yourself at the end of each day to thing about and focus on your goals and what you did towards achieving them. This is one thing I do a lot to try to manage how I'm feeling, sometimes its positive, sometimes its negative, but it helps me face up to how I feel, and it gives me a calm 10/15 mins before I go to sleep and with that the day is done and the next day is a fresh start.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I stuck to the pp last week and was Down 1lb last night. TBH I was a bit disappointed as I was within my points everyday and did a run 3 times in the week. Sunday was the only day I had a blow out on food and drink but it was still within my 49 pp. But I can’t complain – it was a pound in the right direction.

I have my food planned & bought for this week so on Monday I’m going to do the SS for 3 or 4 days to see how it goes. The majority of my class last night on SS had lost 3-5lb so it must be working but I hate the idea of butter and ketchup as treats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

am doing terribly with weight watchers, haave lost interest, had chinese last night and 3 cupcakes - have just gotten back from my run (just finished week 4 of couch to 5k)...
    feel like im running so im being good and then letting the food slip when in reality id like both to be awesome.

i feel like shouting **** YOUUUUU , CALORIES

breakfast, porridge, low fat milk with linseed raspberries, blueberries, 3 almonds and some cinnamon - pointed at 6pp
    herbal tea 0pp
    some grapes on the side 0pp

--

a cup cake for after, around 10pp

16pp in and it's not even 11am.
    0PP soup for lunch, something else really low points and a baked potato dinner for me i think.
    am getting fed up with being fed up with ww and want to get back losing every week.
    i too am annoyed with ww for changing it up the first week back but honestly if my head was in it and i had have really given it a go and got my things together to try it i would have been deighted with the 3.5loss. I am telling myself I was happier when I was fat, too!

• Advertisement

It seems like some people (here and on the FB group) seem to be thinking that SS might be a some sort of miracle because people are having big losses. The reality is, a lot of people will have big losses this week because they would have been eating badly over Christmas, and you're going to have a big loss after going back to eating well again. You'll only get out of the SS plan what you put into it. I know for me it wouldn't work because I have a huge appetite and I would find it too unstructured for me. I need to measure and weigh or I would be eating massive portions without even thinking about it.

I don't get why people are angry at WW either. They haven't changed anything, they've just given people another option. I don't know what other leaders were like, but my leader wasn't pushy at all about it, she said that people should try it if they wanted, but if they were happy with the regular PP plan then stick to that.

Advertisement