Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I don't get why people are angry at WW either.

It kind of just depends on the mental space you're in when it happens. If you're kind of feeling overwhelmed with life then something like a change in WW (especially if you've already been doing it for a while and are feeling secure in what you're doing) can kind of act like the last straw. Of course you don't have to do anything and most leaders probably won't be too pushy with it, but some might be and some people might be feeling a bit more sensitive for some reason and take even a gentle suggestion as a huge push. Perception is a very tricky thing, really.

The important thing is to accept your anger, take a deep breath and either decide to go with the change, or maybe even just stick to what you know - but preferably not stick to the easiest thing, which is going back to eating too much of all the wrong stuff and never moving again. :)

Edited to add: just re-read and am horrified by my overuse of "kind of" but leaving it as it is for now. Apologies to anyone who finds that as annoying as I do! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

2.5lbs down at weigh in this morning :) very happy with that... It wasn't a perfect week for me!
    That has brought me over my second stone/4th silver seven now :) can't believe how different I feel and look after only 3 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Does any one have their books to hand? is Buckwheat on the F&h list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mishy74

Does any one have their books to hand? is Buckwheat on the F&h list?

Just checked my book and yes it is.

Bit the bullet and went back to WW last night, first night back since before christmas - Was up 6.5 lbs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

It seems like some people (here and on the FB group) seem to be thinking that SS might be a some sort of miracle because people are having big losses. The reality is, a lot of people will have big losses this week because they would have been eating badly over Christmas, and you're going to have a big loss after going back to eating well again. You'll only get out of the SS plan what you put into it. I know for me it wouldn't work because I have a huge appetite and I would find it too unstructured for me. I need to measure and weigh or I would be eating massive portions without even thinking about it.

I don't get why people are angry at WW either. They haven't changed anything, they've just given people another option. I don't know what other leaders were like, but my leader wasn't pushy at all about it, she said that people should try it if they wanted, but if they were happy with the regular PP plan then stick to that.

I agree. For me what I liked about SS is that it helps me limit the junk food as that is a major area for me. I did feel like I lost more on SS but again that links back to the junk food aspect rather than SS vs PP. If I did PP but limited the junk I probably would have had the same loss.

I can't get over people being angry with WW either. As you say they have changed nothing. Filling and Healthy was always there from the first day they introduced PP. They are just putting more emphasis on it now as they are a business and they are trying to compete against Slimming World. PP is still there and people are not being forced to switch to SS. My advice to anyone feeling angry or overwhelmed is to stick with what works for you. You don't have to do SS so if you don't want to, then don't!
    Misty Moon wrote: »
    It kind of just depends on the mental space you're in when it happens. If you're kind of feeling overwhelmed with life then something like a change in WW (especially if you've already been doing it for a while and are feeling secure in what you're doing) can kind of act like the last straw. Of course you don't have to do anything and most leaders probably won't be too pushy with it, but some might be and some people might be feeling a bit more sensitive for some reason and take even a gentle suggestion as a huge push. Perception is a very tricky thing, really.

Nothing has changed though that's the point. Propoints are still there so if you are feeling overwhelmed and don't want to change, then don't. I reckon once the initial hype of SS dies down then classes will go back to normal.

• Advertisement

I haven't had a good week at all. I thought I'd be so motivated the first week back but my head just hasn't been in it. I'm finding the transition from Christmas binging back to eating healthily very difficult. I didn't track properly at ALL. My work clothes have definitely been feeling a little snugger since Christmas so I'm raging because of that. Just have to write the last week off and really try my best from now on.

Take it a day at a time and don't be too tough on yourself. There is nothing worse than feeling your clothes get tighter but rather than let it get you down, use it to motivate yourself. When you're about the eat more than you should, just think of the clothes. It took me a long time to get some consistency in my eating and habits, but it will happen. The important thing is not to give up altogether!
    metime wrote: »
    am doing terribly with weight watchers, haave lost interest, had chinese last night and 3 cupcakes - have just gotten back from my run (just finished week 4 of couch to 5k)...
    feel like im running so im being good and then letting the food slip when in reality id like both to be awesome.
    am getting fed up with being fed up with ww and want to get back losing every week.
    i too am annoyed with ww for changing it up the first week back but honestly if my head was in it and i had have really given it a go and got my things together to try it i would have been deighted with the 3.5loss. I am telling myself I was happier when I was fat, too!

My advice is don't buy the cupcakes. Easier said than done I know. If they're not there, you can't have them. If you want a treat go for something that's less points. You can't out run a bad diet so start from scratch again. Plan out your day the night before and try your best to stick to it. If you slip up, forget about it and move on. Stick with PP for now if you don't want to change. Trust me you were not happier when you were fat! Just think about how you would feel at goal and keep that thought in mind when you go to eat a cupcake!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

I don't get why people are angry at WW either. They haven't changed anything, they've just given people another option. I don't know what other leaders were like, but my leader wasn't pushy at all about it, she said that people should try it if they wanted, but if they were happy with the regular PP plan then stick to that.

My leader was incredibly pushy about it last week! I stuck to points during the week because I feel it works so well for me, but I'm actually nervous going my weigh-in tonight in case I'm up or I STS and she'll be all "I told you so". I actually don't like her very much, but I've had to change classes and this is the only one that suits me now. Such a pity because my old leader was amazing. The leader makes such a difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My leader was incredibly pushy about it last week! I stuck to points during the week because I feel it works so well for me, but I'm actually nervous going my weigh-in tonight in case I'm up or I STS and she'll be all "I told you so". I actually don't like her very much, but I've had to change classes and this is the only one that suits me now. Such a pity because my old leader was amazing. The leader makes such a difference!

That really is a pity. I completely agree that the leader makes such a difference. I love mine! I emailed her the week I broke up with my bf and told her I wouldn't be there and explained the reason why. She sent me back a lovely email :o Then I didn't end up going back until after Christmas. She sent a group email on NYE wishing everyone a happy new year and saying she hoped that any sadness from 2013 would be left behind. I replied to her to wish her a happy new year too and told her I would be back the following week, and she wrote back that she'd been thinking of me when she said about the sadness. Then when I went back last week she gave me a massive hug :o She's SO lovely!

But besides all that (:D) she explained the SS plan very well last week, but she wasn't pushy in the least, which was great. She told people to do what they felt comfortable with, but encouraged the new people to WW to try SS for the first week anyway, before introducing themselves to PP.

I had a leader before who, if I had a bad week, would nearly be hard on me. It's not what I needed at all! A good leader needs to be encouraging and supportive.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

I'm not angry at weight watchersm, I'm angry at me :-) but yes I also did think ah here its just after Christmas, and after the gap in classes it for me personally would be victory enough to get back to class and pointing without other suggested change- am not dwelling on it but its just me personally it seems ti have gone a bit tits up lately. Whatever that means! But yes it is not ww at fault. I'm just having a rough time and finding it hard. There has been can lot going on.

I agree abiut not buying the cupcakes, but I did. I have a job interview next week and I am so so so praying that I get it, being unemployed is dealing pure havoc on me. I just found out about it and instantly want to do my best al week to give myself the best shot. Pro pointing everything this week, absolutely everything and will not go over at all. Am going to try minimise weeklies use, and will not use any activity points. Want to feel great this time next week, regardless if whether I get the job or not.

Congratulations on the losses all :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

metime wrote: »
    I'm not angry at weight watchersm, I'm angry at me :-) but yes I also did think ah here its just after Christmas, and after the gap in classes it for me personally would be victory enough to get back to class and pointing without other suggested change- am not dwelling on it but its just me personally it seems ti have gone a bit tits up lately. Whatever that means! But yes it is not ww at fault. I'm just having a rough time and finding it hard. There has been can lot going on.

I agree abiut not buying the cupcakes, but I did. I have a job interview next week and I am so so so praying that I get it, being unemployed is dealing pure havoc on me. I just found out about it and instantly want to do my best al week to give myself the best shot.

Congratulations on the losses all :-)

Good luck with the interview!

I'm the same when I say I was angry at ww, it was hyperbole. I know ww hasnt done anything wrong and noone was forcing ss on us...sure noone forces me to go there at all. It was a purely emotional reaction and in that heightened emotional state I was angry at the world....completely irrational!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Well after a week of SS - I was STS!
    I really stuck to it and only had one break out for my mam's birthday: 3 mini eclairs, a chocolate biscuit and 1 Thorntons chocolate. I was pretty happy with that as there was LOTS more sweet things going around, and I did a fair bit of exercise (see below). But I wasn't really expecting SS to make major changes for me as its pretty much the same foods I eat anyway except I started using skimmed milk more and eating potatoes again. Also I was very surprised at only being +1.5lbs last week (definitely should have been up more).

So to sum up, not happy but not upset either - just a bit m'eh - it'll all balance out in the end! :) I'm going to give it another go this week but try to curtail portion sizes and see how it goes. I really am enjoying the freedom of not counting.

I had a mini off-the-scales victory - got as far as week 4, session 2 of the c25k - the furthest I've managed to get on it after a few different attempts! And also exercised 4 days this week (30mins on treadmill each time and sweating buckets!!!).

So chin up everyone, as long as we're trying we're winning!!! And, for me personally anyway, its a hell of a lot better than giving up and going back to the way things were! :)

Ok I feel like that annoying person in school who says they've done awfully on a test and actually gets an A...but I was down 4.5lbs this week :o Thrilled of course. Didn't expect it at all. So now I've only 1.5lbs to go until I'm back at the weight I was before I stopped going about 6/7 weeks ago.

I think subconsciously, even over Christmas, I have been making far better choices and eating smaller portions. So maybe that's it. Anyway hope to have that 1.5lbs gone next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Stuck to my PP last week and I was down 1.5lbs! I'm thrilled because I'm back at my lowest weight now. I put up 1lb over Christmas and 0.5 the week previous and I've lost that now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Congrats Purple Pawprints! Thats excellent, It must be getting difficult to lose it the nearer to goal you are getting!

I have WI tomorrow, not looking forward to it, I stuck to SS plan but I ate more bread and potato than I would normally, never mind when I am trying to lose weight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It is getting difficult. I was at this weight a couple of months back so I've been hovering for a while. Hopefully this week was a bit of a breakthrough. :)

I've heard great things about SS. It wasn't for me personally, I wanted to stick to my points. Fingers crossed for you :)

Hopefully! Fingers crossed for you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Hi all,

I used post on this before but fell out of weight watchers and stopped posting. Back to it now and did SS last week and was so happy with how I did but weighed in yesterday and was up 0.5lbs. I'm hoping it's just due to not levelling out yet as I really did eat so healthily compared to before so we'll see. I'm going to stick with SS and use my 49 on a few drinks on Saturday and then see, if it doesn't work for me and I'm up or not down enough next Wednesday I'm going back to the propoints 'cause I know that works. We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Good morning all,

I hope some folk can advise me here, I did WW back in 2012 and lost 2.5st I have since put a lot back on due to me scoffing nothing but cake because of a bake off show ;) I was on.

Anyhow I started last Monday of last week and had my first weigh in on this Monday I lost a whopping 10.4lbs I dunno how, I stuck to my points etc which are quite high ( I get 57 points ) must be height and current weight. I am a terror for having a cheeky weigh in mid week it keeps me on track but so far I have put on half a pound. I am pointing by the book but I feel Monday is going to be a bad weigh in by the look of it. Is this normal? My body adjusting etc?

Have really bad cravings past few days but staying strong and only allowing myself small treats like Pink N Whites.

Cheers

Will

Hey Will :)

Well done on your amazing weight loss in 1 week! The best thing to do IMO is put the scales in the attic, take away the temptation. Monday is still days away. Your weight fluctuates so much throughout the day. Even weighing yourself once a week isn't the best way to track your weight loss. I try and look at my loss as a whole every 4 weeks. If you are up .5lbs at your next WI, you've still lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, which is fantastic. If you lose 4lbs over the next 3 weeks, that's 1 stone in 4 weeks!

Are you going to be putting WW-friendly recipes on your blog? :D

Hey there IBC :)

Oh I know I am so bad for it, I weighed in yday morning and this morning so was getting a but po'ed seeing a gain both days. It's like I am addicted to the weighing in part which is very bad by me. I do feel better with in myself weirdly. I am trying to blog a few more healthier recipes, I threw up a tomato soup recipe the other day which is very tasty and simple.

The weight loss in week one I believe is fake/water weight but here's hoping I keep I losing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

Hi everyone
    haven't posted here for ages so brief recap: Im a gold member (naughty fall off the wagon regularly type) for years. Before xmas had my head right and had lost 10.5lbs with just 2 to go to get back to goal which was a huge achievement for me but like most of us xmas happened so UP 7 which put me back to having 9lb to lose but last week I tried SS (somewhat reluctantly) and down 3lb and am so chuffed cos I don't usually have big losses. I know everyone divided on the whole SS so here are my pro's for the plan
    • it kicked me out of my comfort zone, I don't usually like change
    • made me realise how many of my pp I spent on treats eg I never used my pp on healthy oils instead would save them for bar same with dairy
    • I only ate healthy foods
    • I was never hungry once all week
    • if I was hungry after my meals I could still have something off list rather than if I was pp and i'd none left i'd have something anyway and felt i'd blown it so there went the week
    • made me try a few new food
    so all I can say is don't knock it til you try it worst that can happen is you might lose some lbs

• ps just

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

sorry about that the ps was just to be prepared and get the right food in and plan the next days meals ahead and you wont be caught out

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Will, I am also a divil for weighing myself a couple of times during the week, am half way through my 2nd week and have stuck to my points the whole time but only lost 1lb on Monday and when I stepped on the scale this morning had put that back on - infuriating :mad: Although the battery in my scales is dying so Im hoping that has something to do with it!

I really like the idea of thinking of it over a 4 week period, my mam said something similar to me this morning, she reminded me that in the past when I lost weight it always took a couple of weeks for it to start showing on the scales, and I am definitely feeling healthier in myself.

Am looking to book a girly holiday in the next week or so for June so that is definitely going to be my motivation to keep going with the WW plan, all my friends are slim and fabulous so I don't want to feel bad about myself in a bikini beside them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, Am another half pound down this week and am really happy with that:) My weight loss seems to have slowed down but I don't mind as I am back into my size 12s and am very happy in myself:). Good luck with all the weigh ins to come and congrats to everyone who has had theirs.:) Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

SunnieT wrote: »
    Will, I am also a divil for weighing myself a couple of times during the week

So am I! And the silliest part of it all is that my scale is totally out of whack, it weighs about 13lbs heavier than it should and isn't very reliable at all. I'm aware of that, yet I still pop on it a few times a week to see how things are going. Sometimes I get worried if the scale shows me to be up, but then I go to WW and I end up being down a few lbs, and vice versa. I need to get rid of the blasted thing once and for all! :P

Well done on the losses once again gang! It's great to see everyone getting back into the swing of things after the break.

Honey - well done! A non-scale victory like getting back into a smaller size feels amazing. You go gurrrrl! *snaps*

Foxed wrote: »
    So am I! And the silliest part of it all is that my scale is totally out of whack, it weighs about 13lbs heavier than it should and isn't very reliable at all. I'm aware of that, yet I still pop on it a few times a week to see how things are going. Sometimes I get worried if the scale shows me to be up, but then I go to WW and I end up being down a few lbs, and vice versa. I need to get rid of the blasted thing once and for all! :P

Well done on the losses once again gang! It's great to see everyone getting back into the swing of things after the break.

Honey - well done! A non-scale victory like getting back into a smaller size feels amazing. You go gurrrrl! *snaps*

I actually think I am gonna test the scales tonight to see if its actually accurate, gonna weigh me some sugar and flour :)

CorkClaire82 there could be a number of reasons for the gain but it is only 0.5lb which can be easily lost next week. Stick to it for another week and if you don't see a change switch back to propoints. The important thing is to still watch your portion control.

Chong welcome back. It can be normal to have a slight gain or maintain the second week after a big loss. Like ibarelycare said, its about looking at your loss as a whole every few weeks.

SunnieT it could well be your batteries as that happened to me last week. The other thing to remember is that scales can vary. Your scales may be a pound or two off the WW scales. What I did was I weighed myself just before I left for my meeting and that way I know the difference between the two. Nothing like a holiday to get you motivated.....so jealous :D

Honeygirl Congrats on the loss and the clothes. No better feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just had 5/6 of a Dominos small (9inch) ham and pinapple pizza at 22pts (from weekly's)

So full, amazed that this can be part of the diet, we'll see on Sunday I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Pingi wrote: »
    Just had 5/6 of a Dominos small (9inch) ham and pinapple pizza at 22pts (from weekly's)

So full, amazed that this can be part of the diet, we'll see on Sunday I guess

Oh god... now you've done it. The cravings!!

• Advertisement

I dont even know how it happened but I was down 8.5 at weigh in tonight, thrilled!

Advertisement